Author Topic: Chelsea Football Circus  (Read 1327505 times)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
Re: Chelsea Football Circus
« Reply #15040 on: October 2, 2018, 04:20:21 PM »
Some of that is fair enough, even if it is also as generalised as my depiction of the Chelsea support. However, I think the motive for their reaction was mixed up in a dislike of the message, as much as a dislike of the messengers. And your categorisation of them as 'far right' suggests why.
Klopp on next year’s final being in Istanbul… I told UEFA already: we will be there! Give me a few minutes!

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
« Reply #15041 on: October 3, 2018, 01:32:38 AM »
Goodness me. I am really sad to hear that. What type of human being says those types of things? 'Never Mind. Just a bunch of immigrants'.

One year on and nothing seem to have been solved.. When you look at what the people of Hong Kong did in one week after the disaster, you get a bit disappointed with the founder of democracy etc.

I know. It beggars belief really. We are all human beings, for goodness sake. Sadly, I saw a lot of the ''well, they were only immigrants'' comments after Grenfell. I know newspaper comments columns and video comments sections are often cesspits and best avoided, but I read plenty of stuff that made me feel sick. Since the Brexit vote and Trump getting in over in the USA I think an lot of truly vile specimens have become even more vocal and the relative anonymity of the internet gives them a platform.

Chelsea fans? I'm sure they have many decent fans who are good citizens and human beings. But unfortunately, they also have a long-standing and large proportion of proud racists with far-right, fascist ideology. Although I agreed with No666 about the rich London / poor London thing, I'd like to clarify a little if possible. To me, I feel it more accurate to suggest it's more about the establishment in general rather than just an economic thing.

Liverpool is seen (rightly or wrongly) as an anti-establishment city, and Liverpool FC, or more accurately, the bulk of its fanbase are seen as left-wing and anti-establishment too. Our city has, in the past, been run into the ground by the Tory government but this city has always fought back. The establishment has never liked that or our spirit. The people of this city were not only let down by the establishment after Hillsborough, the establishment and its supporters in the media covered it's own arse and blamed innocent people for its own failings. Basically, this city and its people take no shit. We stand up and fight for what we believe in. Although started by sick mancs for their own reasons, the 'Always the victims' chant is also a way of people wanting to silence us so we go away and stop rocking the boat. Coming from Chelsea it has the feel of right-wing supporters of the establishment hitting out at and wanting to silence the voices of dissent. It comes over as - Hillsborough, Orgreave, Dockers, Grenfell etc... = self-pitying whingers who need to shut up and go away because we don't want to see it or hear it.

The banner? Maybe they see it as  'more whinging sentimentality' from people questioning the establishment and its tendency to cover its own arse and the arses of those who support it, from people who want to hold it to account? Basically, they want us all to just shut up and go away. We won't, so they deride and ridicule instead, hence the constant victim blaming they love to indulge in.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2018, 01:38:00 AM by Son of Spion »
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Funk is the problem. And the solution.
« Reply #15042 on: October 7, 2018, 08:45:36 PM »
Hard to believe there were (a lot of) people who didn’t think Hazard could make the step up into a very good goalscorer in Sarri’s system. Should have been obvious to everyone with his talent level and Sarri’s system that they were a match made in heaven.
“You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15043 on: October 7, 2018, 10:05:42 PM »
Hard to believe there were (a lot of) people who didn’t think Hazard could make the step up into a very good goalscorer in Sarri’s system. Should have been obvious to everyone with his talent level and Sarri’s system that they were a match made in heaven.

Fair doos hes playing well.

However, Southampton handed that win to them on a plate today. Awful at the back, and I mean Keegan's Newcastle level of awful, and up front apart from Ings who was in miss sitter mode, they had no one else. At the moment its gonna be a toss up between them and Newcastle as to whos the 3rd team relegated - I think Ings may keep them up.

Chelsea are playing neat football but are way too reliant on Hazard doing something magical every game. Giroud and Morata are mediocre, Willian's effectiveness has gone totally and quite frankly there's not much left after that.

I think they'll struggle to keep up the scoring.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #15044 on: October 7, 2018, 10:07:37 PM »
Fair doos hes playing well.

However, Southampton handed that win to them on a plate today. Awful at the back, and I mean Keegan's Newcastle level of awful, and up front apart from Ings who was in miss sitter mode, they had no one else. At the moment its gonna be a toss up between them and Newcastle as to whos the 3rd team relegated - I think Ings may keep them up.

Chelsea are playing neat football but are way too reliant on Hazard doing something magical every game. Giroud and Morata are mediocre, Willian's effectiveness has gone totally and quite frankly there's not much left after that.

I think they'll struggle to keep up the scoring.

I agree, I am not surprised by Hazard scoring and playing well. But to challenge they will need more than him through out the season.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15045 on: October 7, 2018, 10:09:05 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me if Hazard is planning to do a 'Coutinho' in January and that's why he's playing out of his skin. Probably hoping Real Madrid are going to come in for him.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15046 on: October 7, 2018, 10:09:53 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me if Hazard is planning to do a 'Coutinho' in January and that's why he's playing out of his skin. Probably hoping Real Madrid are going to come in for him.

Hope so! ;D

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #15047 on: October 8, 2018, 11:33:30 AM »

2 days ago he came out and left it quite open. Said something like 'I'm feeling good at the moment but in two months it could be different'.

Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity
  • Believer
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #15048 on: October 8, 2018, 11:55:04 AM »
Can I please get a technical explanation of what Sarri's system is? I gave up watching Napoli after Rafa left.

Offline elsewhere

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #15049 on: October 8, 2018, 12:21:54 PM »
meanwhile John Terry announces his retirement from football.

Offline Henry Gale

• Believer
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #15050 on: October 8, 2018, 12:26:51 PM »

Possibly, But I don't see Chelsea selling and definitely not in January. Is he the type to kick up a fuss? Miss training etc? I'm not sure.

Madrid are in free fall at the moment and may need a big purchase in Jan to get the fans on side.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Believer
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #15051 on: October 8, 2018, 12:50:06 PM »
meanwhile John Terry announces his retirement from football.
Seems fairly low-key announcement that, probably struggled to get that last big pay day he was trying to get.

Offline fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #15052 on: October 8, 2018, 12:51:42 PM »
Seems fairly low-key announcement that, probably struggled to get that last big pay day he was trying to get.

Or he's about to get a cushy manager/coach role somewhere at a recently available former club.....
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and that’s being very conservative. So that’s £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head that’s £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Offline elsewhere

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #15053 on: October 8, 2018, 02:55:54 PM »
Always thought Hazard was very overrated until this season but he may be rated about right after all :wave

Offline jonkrux

• Kopite
« Reply #15054 on: October 8, 2018, 03:00:37 PM »
I'd say that's probably a case of spending a lot of time working under more defensively minded managers, mourinho and conte. Sarri is quite different isn't he. Napoli played brilliant stuff under him.

Offline elsewhere

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #15055 on: October 8, 2018, 03:04:12 PM »
Can I please get a technical explanation of what Sarri's system is? I gave up watching Napoli after Rafa left.

http://www.thefalse9.com/2017/11/maurizio-sarri-tactics-napoli-formation.html

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15056 on: October 8, 2018, 03:19:18 PM »
I'd say that's probably a case of spending a lot of time working under more defensively minded managers, mourinho and conte. Sarri is quite different isn't he. Napoli played brilliant stuff under him.

Di Matteo and Rafa as well - not exactly the most exciting list of managers to attack under.
“You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson

Offline Kekuleyule y'all!

• Believer
« Reply #15057 on: October 8, 2018, 04:21:54 PM »

Well he’s a touch lukewarm about signing a new contract if his comments from today are anything to go by.

“I don’t want to say ‘yes I’m signing a new contract’ and then in the end I don’t sign. Sometimes I wake up and want to go, and sometimes I want to stay.” “

“Real Madrid is the best club in the world. I don’t want to lie today. It is my dream since I was a kid.”

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #15058 on: October 8, 2018, 04:23:54 PM »
A lovely come get me from Hazard.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15059 on: October 8, 2018, 04:28:58 PM »
Well he’s a touch lukewarm about signing a new contract if his comments from today are anything to go by.

“I don’t want to say ‘yes I’m signing a new contract’ and then in the end I don’t sign. Sometimes I wake up and want to go, and sometimes I want to stay.” “

“Real Madrid is the best club in the world. I don’t want to lie today. It is my dream since I was a kid.”

I enjoy watching Hazard play against other PL teams not named Liverpool and I'd enjoy watching him even more if he played in a completely different league.

Over to you, Real. 

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity
  • Believer
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....

Offline elsewhere

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #15061 on: October 8, 2018, 06:04:00 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/08/eden-hazard-chelsea-contract-real-madrid-dream

Eden Hazard torn between new Chelsea contract and ‘dream’ Real Madrid move

• Chelsea forward says Real are ‘the best club in the world’
• ‘Sometimes I wake and want to go, sometimes I want to stay’

Eden Hazard has cast fresh doubt over his future after revealing that he is torn between signing a new contract at Chelsea and pursuing his dream of playing for Real Madrid.

The Belgian forward, who has less than two years left on his deal, admitted that he did not know where his heart would lead him. Although he reiterated his desire to play for Madrid at some stage, it is not a given that he will push for a transfer next summer. Hazard has made it clear he is happy at Chelsea, who hope to secure him on new terms worth around £300,000 a week, and he is determined not to go down the same path as his international team-mate Thibaut Courtois, who fell out with the Stamford Bridge hierarchy before moving to Madrid two months ago.

“I don’t want that,” Hazard said. “I want what’s good for me, but I want what’s good for the club because the club has given me everything. I don’t want to say: ‘Yes, I am signing a new contract’ and then in the end I don’t end up signing. So I will see. Sometimes in my head, I wake up in the morning and think I want to go. Sometimes I think I want to stay. It is a hard decision. It is my future. I am 27 and I will turn 28 in January.”

Hazard, who scored his eighth goal of the season in Chelsea’s 3-0 victory over Southampton on Sunday, agreed that he probably had one big move left. “That’s why I spoke after the World Cup and I said that I think it is time to change because I played a great World Cup,” he said. “I am really in the game, I am playing good football at the moment. Real Madrid is the best club in the world. I don’t want to lie today. It is my dream since I was a kid. I was dreaming about this club. We will see. I don’t want to talk about this every day. I don’t have time but we will talk about my future soon. I think so.”

Chelsea, who are level on points with Liverpool and Manchester City at the top of the Premier League, are desperate not to lose Hazard. He has helped them win two league titles, the FA Cup, the League Cup and the Europa League since joining from Lille six years ago and he is thriving under Maurizio Sarri, who replaced Antonio Conte as manager in July.

However Hazard found himself questioning Chelsea’s ambition after their failure to qualify for this season’s Champions League and he admitted that Madrid, who had just sold Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus, were his preferred destination after helping Belgium finish third at the World Cup. He has not been put off by the Bernabéu club’s poor form under Julen Lopetegui, who is under pressure after four games without a win.

“It is also when you have a dream and you want to make it happen,” Hazard said. “It is like I have said a lot of times: if I leave I will be happy; I know if I stay I will be happy. It is not like if I go I am happy and if I stay that I am unhappy.”

Reports in Spain have suggested that Paris Saint-Germain’s Neymar remains Madrid’s favoured choice to replace Ronaldo, which could force Hazard to change his stance. Although he opted not to open negotiations over a new deal last season, he will resume formal talks when Chelsea are ready. “I could talk now,” he said. “If they come to me, then I will talk. I don’t want to say that I am not talking with the club or the owner. I am talking a lot with them.”

For all his admiration of Madrid, Hazard hinted that Chelsea might not have to do much to convince him to stay. “I am happy and I don’t need anything,” he said. “It is not trophies. Of course, when you play, you want to win but I just want to enjoy things on the pitch, like I am at the moment. Then I am happy.”

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15062 on: October 8, 2018, 06:54:56 PM »
Hazard is a dick who picks and chooses when he can be arsed to try and that’s why for all his talent he can’t be regarded as being in the very top bracket.

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15063 on: October 8, 2018, 07:19:07 PM »

You called it tbf. I hope he goes.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/08/eden-hazard-chelsea-contract-real-madrid-dream

Eden Hazard torn between new Chelsea contract and ‘dream’ Real Madrid move

Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Believer
« Reply #15064 on: October 8, 2018, 07:21:11 PM »
Would be able to play CL too.

Online Foregone Concussion

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15065 on: October 8, 2018, 07:32:47 PM »
Good, hope he goes. Great player but a massive twat. So would suit Real Madrid.

Still don't get this obsession with virtually all footballers about having a dream to play for Real Madrid. Bunch of twats.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline idontknow

• i_know_use's_for_apostrophes',,_see
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15066 on: October 8, 2018, 07:35:36 PM »
Hazard is a dick who picks and chooses when he can be arsed to try and that’s why for all his talent he can’t be regarded as being in the very top bracket.
That's my view of him too.
I think Sarri will end up having problems because of it.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthreadw.php?t=2084026

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Believer
« Reply #15067 on: October 8, 2018, 09:07:34 PM »
Always thought Hazard was very overrated until this season but he may be rated about right after all :wave
He is a special talent. Bear in mind he's spent his whole Chelsea career up until Sarri playing for defensive managers as well, which makes his attacking output more impressive. There can be no doubting his raw ability.

Only issue with Hazard is motivation and maintaining consistency. A brilliant season is followed by an underwhelming one.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15068 on: October 8, 2018, 09:12:43 PM »

And he always chooses to do it against us the prick.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Believer
  • Vitamin D surplus gives crows feet - Kylie Jenner
« Reply #15069 on: October 8, 2018, 09:14:29 PM »
Chelsea fans absolutely livid about his comments.

Can’t wait till he score next, kissed the badge and see Chelsea fans worship him all over again only to see him leave in January

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Believer
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #15070 on: October 9, 2018, 04:09:54 AM »
If he goes that’s them done for the season, can’t see them replacing the goals and the grind out 1-0’s style doesn’t work in this league anymore
Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15071 on: October 9, 2018, 06:16:35 AM »

Yep. Not surprised at all. They'll be a lot weaker without him.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Claus

• MUFC bedwetter. It's not always fun or easy getting up. Only associates with saucy fuckers!
  • Believer
« Reply #15072 on: October 9, 2018, 06:20:24 AM »
He won't leave in January

Offline vivabobbycurmudgeongraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #15073 on: October 9, 2018, 06:36:48 AM »
Chelsea fans absolutely livid about his comments.

Can’t wait till he score next, kissed the badge and see Chelsea fans worship him all over again only to see him leave in January

Absolutely incandescent with rage the poor loves
« Last Edit: October 9, 2018, 06:38:25 AM by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline kloppismydad

• Believer
« Reply #15074 on: October 9, 2018, 06:39:10 AM »
Interested to see how this develops. Part of me believes this is posturing for a bumper new contract with his stock at an all-time high and Chelsea's reliance on his right now.

Another part of me believes that Madrid have reached out to him and want a deal done in January to "save" their season, considering the unavailability of Neymar and Mbappe during the winter transfer window. He also sees Jan as his best chance of a move, else he'll (have to) sign a new contract and/or sees himself as second or third choice target behind Neymar and Mbappe.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Believer
« Reply #15075 on: October 9, 2018, 06:48:50 AM »

Jeez- that's a kick in the balls! Sometimes he's basically asking himself what he's still doing there, sounds like it to me!
Let's drink to him once more. He was a good Stalker.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15076 on: October 9, 2018, 08:19:46 AM »
Chelsea won't sell him in January

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15077 on: October 9, 2018, 08:23:52 AM »
Chelsea won't sell him in January
He won't leave in January

All depends on the player and the manager. If he does a 'Coutinho', they might decide he isn't worth having around.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Believer
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #15078 on: October 9, 2018, 09:08:38 AM »

All depends on the player and the manager. If he does a 'Coutinho', they might decide he isn't worth having around.
Yeah He could end up with a bad back and it wouldn't be surprising as he is screaming in agony at least eight times per game even though he never gets injured.
Scepticism is the chastity of the intellect.

Offline just redk84 will do

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #15079 on: October 9, 2018, 11:25:21 AM »
If anything I just hope this doubt grows on his mind and starts showing on the pitch...

An unsettled Chelsea is a shit Chelsea and that would be great this season after the start they've had. Therefore I hope Madrid's poor form continues and he is seen as the go to guy for them to press forward on their tapping up game
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.