Author Topic: Chelsea Football Circus  (Read 1370866 times)

Offline wemmick

• Believer
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
Re: Chelsea Football Circus
« Reply #15000 on: September 29, 2018, 11:22:58 PM »
I don't like Chelsea as a club, but Sarri seems to have changed them for the better. They are fast, technical, fairly clinical, and not nearly as cynical as they have been in the past. They gave us a good game today.

Offline rscanderlech

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15001 on: September 29, 2018, 11:32:43 PM »
I don't like Chelsea as a club, but Sarri seems to have changed them for the better. They are fast, technical, fairly clinical, and not nearly as cynical as they have been in the past. They gave us a good game today.
They are brilliant technically. World class, in fact.

It’s not just the outstanding middle theee and Hazard, but also David Luiz, who is probably the best CB on the ball in the league, matched only by Hummels and a couple of others in the world. Even from a defensive point of view, he has improved a lot, by the looks of it.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #15002 on: September 30, 2018, 02:20:27 AM »

It’s not just the outstanding middle theee and Hazard, but also David Luiz, who is probably the best CB on the ball in the league, matched only by Hummels and a couple of others in the world. Even from a defensive point of view, he has improved a lot, by the looks of it.

Had we took our chances,questions marks would have been asked of him.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15003 on: September 30, 2018, 02:30:14 AM »

It's the midfield that really sets the tone. Kovacic is good but Jorginho is a genuine superstar. I thought Bobby would press the shit out of him and he did but it didn't seem to matter. Jorginho found a pass no matter what pressure he was under. He is soon going to be spoken of as one of the best midfielders in the league alongside Silva and KDB. IMO, he is that good. So glad he didn't go to City.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #15004 on: September 30, 2018, 11:29:26 AM »
Very good press resistance from them. Their midfield goes a long way to help them with that.

Had we took our chances,questions marks would have been asked of him.

They missed a couple of great chances as well.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg right

• Believer
« Reply #15005 on: October 1, 2018, 11:13:29 AM »
While watching that game, I became completely disillusioned with the the sheer state of what much of football supporting in this country has become.

1st 20 minutes was virtually continuous anti scouse, Steve Gerrard, or Hillsborough chants.
It was 30 minutes before I heard a Chelsea chant.

Imagine playing in front of that lot. Imagine signing for this "big club" in London, playing a big game against title rivals and you don't hear a song in support of your team for half an hour.
Imagine being one of those fans singing that shite, imagine being so empty headed that you feel compelled to join in.

I know they probably think it's "banter", they may even want a reaction.

Well they've got one, and you know what it is?

Pity.

I actually pity those that have so little going on in their heads that they think coming out with such shite is a way to support a football team and a way to enjoy themselves, so knock yourselves out you sad bastards, fill your boots.
Coming out with that crap is like voluntarily wearing a badge showing an IQ of 50.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro.
  • Believer
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #15006 on: October 1, 2018, 11:16:13 AM »

There was quality all over the pitch on Saturday. It was a battle of heavyweights.

It is really quite uplifting to see how we dominated them in the second half and kept plugging away for the draw. When it was 1-0 I would have still put the chance of the next goal Chelsea 60%, Liverpool 40% purely because we had to press so much and a break-away was always possible.
"Nobody knows anything..." William Goldman.

XB1 Gamertag: BrothersYork

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Believer
« Reply #15007 on: October 1, 2018, 11:46:24 AM »
Kante is unbelievably good at football. Top 10 player in the world now without any doubt whatsoever .

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15008 on: October 1, 2018, 12:17:56 PM »
There was quality all over the pitch on Saturday. It was a battle of heavyweights.

It is really quite uplifting to see how we dominated them in the second half and kept plugging away for the draw. When it was 1-0 I would have still put the chance of the next goal Chelsea 60%, Liverpool 40% purely because we had to press so much and a break-away was always possible.

Yeah, two very strong and very good teams battling it out, a draw really was the fairest result in the end. I think the City game will be similar, but with us winning as we often do when City visit.

Offline Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #15009 on: October 1, 2018, 12:22:13 PM »
Yeah, two very strong and very good teams battling it out, a draw really was the fairest result in the end. I think the City game will be similar, but with us winning as we often do when City visit.

Going to that game with 3 mates. The last time the 4 of us went together and sat together was 2003. The opponents were Man City and it was the last time they beat us at Anfield  :duh

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15010 on: October 1, 2018, 01:12:29 PM »
Going to that game with 3 mates. The last time the 4 of us went together and sat together was 2003. The opponents were Man City and it was the last time they beat us at Anfield  :duh

Do the right thing and stay at home and watch on the telly ;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15011 on: October 1, 2018, 02:03:05 PM »
Handy to know who we need to blame if we lose. :wave
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #15012 on: October 1, 2018, 02:34:19 PM »
Yes, it's not the financially doped, oil stained, plastic, six finger sister shagging twats, it's Barney.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #15013 on: October 1, 2018, 02:39:15 PM »
Yes, it's not the financially doped, oil stained, plastic, six finger sister shagging twats, it's Barney.

Stone him!  :wanker

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #15014 on: October 1, 2018, 02:45:19 PM »

Offline S

• pineless
  • Believer
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #15015 on: October 1, 2018, 02:48:27 PM »
Chelsea's current team and manager are quite likeable. Saturday's game was not only high quality, but played in a good spirit.

The less said of their fans the better.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
« Reply #15016 on: October 1, 2018, 02:56:47 PM »
While watching that game, I became completely disillusioned with the the sheer state of what much of football supporting in this country has become.

1st 20 minutes was virtually continuous anti scouse, Steve Gerrard, or Hillsborough chants.
It was 30 minutes before I heard a Chelsea chant.

Imagine playing in front of that lot. Imagine signing for this "big club" in London, playing a big game against title rivals and you don't hear a song in support of your team for half an hour.
Imagine being one of those fans singing that shite, imagine being so empty headed that you feel compelled to join in.

I know they probably think it's "banter", they may even want a reaction.

Well they've got one, and you know what it is?

Pity.

I actually pity those that have so little going on in their heads that they think coming out with such shite is a way to support a football team and a way to enjoy themselves, so knock yourselves out you sad bastards, fill your boots.
Coming out with that crap is like voluntarily wearing a badge showing an IQ of 50.
I couldn't agree more. Chelsea have always been a shitty little club with a fanbase consisting of brainless, knuckle-dragging vermin though, so nothing new there. You just notice it more in more modern times because since they won the oil money lottery their team is higher profile. What we are seeing is what we would be seeing if Millwall had won that lottery. Classless morons thinking they are Billy Big Bollocks.

That fanbase does not deserve the quality team they have playing for them. Personally, I'd hate to have to play in front of such horrible gobshites every other week. People obsessed more with the opposition than their own team. It's not just them, of course. Everton, City and United are absolutely obsessed with us too and sing/talk more about us than their own sides, but Chelsea morons seem to hit even greater loss than them lot.

I do hope the Justice for Grenfell banner was appreciated by those down there that actually matter. Those Tory/Fascist twats in blue can fuck right off, though. Sad, sad cases indeed. If ever the saying that money cannot buy you class needed some evidence to back it up, just point people in the direction of Chelsea FC and it's moronic fanbase.

We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Online campioni

• Believer
« Reply #15017 on: October 1, 2018, 02:58:11 PM »
I was really impressed by Kovacic in both games against us. He's always moving and helps them play a much higher tempo than they were under Conte. Him and Jorginho have made a massive difference to their style of play.

Online Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Believer
« Reply #15018 on: October 1, 2018, 02:59:56 PM »

Yep. The reaction of some Chelsea fans to our 'Justice for Grenfell' banner has been absurd. Laying into us for supporting victims of a tragedy in their own catchment area, bizarre.

Online Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Believer
« Reply #15019 on: October 1, 2018, 03:03:59 PM »
Kante is unbelievably good at football. Top 10 player in the world now without any doubt whatsoever .

Agree with this, he's brilliant. Thankfully though Sarri's playing him out of position as an attacking mid to fit Jorginho in the deep position. Against weaker opposition that sit back this season it's meant Kante's influence has been massively reduced.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
« Reply #15020 on: October 1, 2018, 03:05:36 PM »
Chelsea's current team and manager are quite likeable. Saturday's game was not only high quality, but played in a good spirit.

Sometimes you just have to call it as you see it.

They have a wonderful team and the manager is a world away from classless clowns like Mourinho. They play some great football and have some magnificent players. I really enjoyed seeing us slugging it out with them on Saturday. Two high quality sides going toe to toe.

Despite that, their fanbase is a steaming cesspit of utter morons. If they'd shown class, no doubt we'd be commenting on that instead, but alas...

It's a shame really. I'd love us to have a healthy rivalry with a club boasting a quality team like our own where there is also a healthy respect between the fanbases. Sadly for British football, you seem to have to go abroad for that.

Edited due to predictive text errors.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2018, 03:09:18 PM by Son of Spion »

Offline lamonti

• Believer
« Reply #15021 on: October 1, 2018, 03:11:39 PM »

I think he's being wasted in that position at Chelsea. Never worried to see him charging onto a ball through the midfield/defence.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity
  • Believer
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #15022 on: October 1, 2018, 03:15:35 PM »
So when is the owner selling off the club?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesligas shit
  • Believer
  • Everyone loves a Luis
« Reply #15023 on: October 1, 2018, 04:08:36 PM »
I think he's being wasted in that position at Chelsea. Never worried to see him charging onto a ball through the midfield/defence.

But he is playing some decent penetrative passes at times, as we saw for his through ball for Hazard's chance at the weekend.

As someone who hasn't bought into the best player in the league mantra which developed during Chelsea's title-winning season a couple of seasons back, I've been very impressed with how well he's playing that role personally. His touch, his dribbling and his passing in tight areas is better than we've seen in previous years. If he could add a few goals to his game he's very Essien-like at present.

I don't think he's wasted there at all. Wouldn't make sense to play him where Jorginho is as, to an extent, he lacks the spatial awareness and height to do so, but more to the point Jorginho is arguably the best player in the league in that role. The question mark will come over how many goals Kante and Kovacic can provide - but that's the same with us when Milner and Wijnaldum play.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2018, 04:10:35 PM by LallanaInPyjamas »
Better than the Invincibles.
Better than Mourinho's Chelsea.
Better than the fabled Man Utd treble team.

I'm alright with that.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15024 on: October 1, 2018, 04:39:27 PM »
But he is playing some decent penetrative passes at times, as we saw for his through ball for Hazard's chance at the weekend.

As someone who hasn't bought into the best player in the league mantra which developed during Chelsea's title-winning season a couple of seasons back, I've been very impressed with how well he's playing that role personally. His touch, his dribbling and his passing in tight areas is better than we've seen in previous years. If he could add a few goals to his game he's very Essien-like at present.

I don't think he's wasted there at all. Wouldn't make sense to play him where Jorginho is as, to an extent, he lacks the spatial awareness and height to do so, but more to the point Jorginho is arguably the best player in the league in that role. The question mark will come over how many goals Kante and Kovacic can provide - but that's the same with us when Milner and Wijnaldum play.

The pass where our entire team was still looking at the ref surprised by the foul call?

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #15025 on: October 1, 2018, 07:27:52 PM »

Abramovic? Don't the club still owe him a couple of hundred million in "soft loans?"
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA
www.twitter.com/AndrewNessy

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15026 on: October 1, 2018, 10:35:00 PM »

Thought you were talking about Barney there, but he’s not financially doped.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15027 on: October 1, 2018, 10:37:07 PM »
Actually cannot believe I had to look up what was being said on Twitter about the "Justice for Grenfell" banner. Never expected anything negative could possibly be said about it.

Something small LFC fans do in total support of London, and some absolutely low lifes turn it round into LFC playing victims, Heysel, Hillsborough. Speachless.

Offline jillc

• Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #15028 on: October 2, 2018, 07:11:43 AM »
Actually cannot believe I had to look up what was being said on Twitter about the "Justice for Grenfell" banner. Never expected anything negative could possibly be said about it.

Something small LFC fans do in total support of London, and some absolutely low lifes turn it round into LFC playing victims, Heysel, Hillsborough. Speachless.

That's Chelsea fans for you the absolute pits.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #15029 on: October 2, 2018, 12:38:33 PM »

When he gets a 3 billion offer. Apparently he rejected a 2.3 billion bid recently.

Yep. The reaction of some Chelsea fans to our 'Justice for Grenfell' banner has been absurd. Laying into us for supporting victims of a tragedy in their own catchment area, bizarre.

Can't get my head around it, honestly. How sick you must be to be fuming with such gesture?
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #15030 on: October 2, 2018, 12:46:59 PM »
There are two Londons so the gesture wasn't taken as support for London but support for under-London, if you will. Rich London ignores under-London; they don't want to be reminded of it - it might make them feel bad. (It was like raising a banner in support of District 13 in the Capitol).

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
« Reply #15031 on: October 2, 2018, 01:13:06 PM »

I did the same mate & was quick to close the window,I've long since stopped getting angry over those type of arseholes,just feel sorry for their women.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
« Reply #15032 on: October 2, 2018, 01:13:56 PM »
Abramovic? Don't the club still owe him a couple of hundred million in "soft loans?"

Over £1bn.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #15033 on: October 2, 2018, 01:14:33 PM »
No way someone has offered £2.3bn for them when they’d then need to spend £1bn on a stadium too.

Offline Sons of pioneerS

• are hungry men.
  • Believer
« Reply #15034 on: October 2, 2018, 01:51:05 PM »
There are two Londons so the gesture wasn't taken as support for London but support for under-London, if you will. Rich London ignores under-London; they don't want to be reminded of it - it might make them feel bad. (It was like raising a banner in support of District 13 in the Capitol).
I think this does play a big part in it, sadly.
I remember straight after Grenfell when pictures of the victims came out. Instantly there was so much venom online and people saying how it didn't really matter because they were all immigrants. I say people, but what I really mean is sick, monstrous mutants with no human compassion or decency.

As so much of the Chelsea 'support' is right/far-right wing, the comments from them do not really surprise me unfortunately.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15035 on: October 2, 2018, 02:15:51 PM »

It’s Shitter, why did you have to look up anything about what idiots were saying? That’s like saying you had to read Youtube comments - you don’t. Just a load of idiots and trolls trying to rile people up.

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Believer
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #15036 on: October 2, 2018, 02:18:33 PM »
I think this does play a big part in it, sadly.
I remember straight after Grenfell when pictures of the victims came out. Instantly there was so much venom online and people saying how it didn't really matter because they were all immigrants. I say people, but what I really mean is sick, monstrous mutants with no human compassion or decency.

As so much of the Chelsea 'support' is right/far-right wing, the comments from them do not really surprise me unfortunately.

Goodness me. I am really sad to hear that. What type of human being says those types of things? 'Never Mind. Just a bunch of immigrants'.

One year on and nothing seem to have been solved.. When you look at what the people of Hong Kong did in one week after the disaster, you get a bit disappointed with the founder of democracy etc.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15037 on: October 2, 2018, 03:27:49 PM »
Their reaction - to sing "Always the Victims" five minutes after that banner was displayed - sums them up. I genuinely hate the horrible twats. How on Earth do you see that banner, then immediately hit back with taunts about Hillsborough and Heysel?

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #15038 on: October 2, 2018, 03:54:07 PM »

My guess is it shamed the majority of Chelsea fans as Grenfell is local to Stamford Bridge and they`ve never said a word.

I would also hazard a guess that as we know from past history, Chelsea have a racist element to their support and they wouldn`t take too kindly to us trying to shine a light on Government over this disaster as the majority of the victims weren't white.

Fucking scum fan base as always.

Online Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Believer
« Reply #15039 on: October 2, 2018, 04:13:52 PM »

I don't think that's a fair reflection on London at all. There's a hell of a lot of 'in between' in London, neither rich nor poor. Most Londoners are absolutely appalled by what happened at Grenfell, whatever their income bracket/social class.

Besides, most of the traditional Chelsea fans in the stadium (i.e. those who supported the club pre the Abramovic plastics) would definitely not be what you've described as "rich London" - think of them more as Millwall Light. "Bovver Boys" from West London, many of whom have far right tendencies. It won't have entered their mind that we were showing support for "under London" and felt bad about it. The ones that have been laying into us for supporting Grenfell are just vile, thick idiots who want to have a dig at Liverpool fans and don't care how ridiculous it is.