Author Topic: Chelsea Football Circus  (Read 1480965 times)

Offline DelTrotter

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chelsea Football Circus
« Reply #14880 on: August 26, 2018, 06:42:21 PM »
Yeah early days and the points tally looks nice and the points and hype will probably grow given their next few fixtures but performance wise I've not been impressed at all, Arsenal should have had 6 or 7 and today they were blunt as hell. The 3 names in midfield look nice on paper but there's no goals or creativity in there unless Jorginho gets very far forward, that's not so bad when you have an attack like ours but with theirs I just don't see it being successful. If Costa was still there it could be different. The new goalie looks dodgy as well. Maybe they can hang in there and do some January business or something.

Online jillc

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #14881 on: August 26, 2018, 06:45:30 PM »
They were quite toothless today, and not particularly impressive attacking a low block. Defensively they obviously can be got at, as demonstrated last week by a poor Arsenal side, plus Luiz is the usual calamity waiting to happen.

They have a good chance of finishing top 4, but we're ahead of them as a team, and it's not particularly close.

Considering their possession they were very unimaginative with the ball to be blunt. It was just side to side then back and back until Hazard decided to run in the box and make something happen. They also have some really lazy players like Pedro who is really reluctant to track back. They could be given a lesson by City or ourselves if we're ruthless enough.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • Believer
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #14882 on: August 27, 2018, 12:44:32 AM »
They'll finish third or fourth, I think.
Yeah, fourth I think is about right for them just because United suck so much.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #14883 on: August 27, 2018, 03:06:43 AM »
I’m wary of writing them off so soon, they have got 9 from 9 after all. They’re not playing superbly, but it could change. They’re so yo-yo, i find it hard to predict what they’ll do. I wouldn’t be surprised if the title is between us and them, or if they finish 6th.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Believer
« Reply #14884 on: August 27, 2018, 04:10:34 AM »
And £3bn + with a new ground.

No way is that shitstain of a club worth £3bn
a new stadium wouldn't be a requirement though would it ?

To be honest unless your a fan (like that bloke who bid for it) it doesn't make much finiacial sense buying an established club like Chelsea, ourselves etc for that sort of money.

Much more sensible buying a Newcastle, Everton, West Ham style team and building them up.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline rob19:6 "And yeah doth the Lord liketh trucking."

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14885 on: August 27, 2018, 09:10:11 AM »
Nah it'll be £2bn+ to include repaying the debt.

I get confused when the likes of Forbes value us at £1.4 billion with £67 million debt and then value Chelsea at £1.5 billion with £1.17 billion debt. I assume Forbes don't look at the debt then when they do their valuation, so if there's is correct, then he's going to be looking for around £2.7 billion for them.

a new stadium wouldn't be a requirement though would it ?

To be honest unless your a fan (like that bloke who bid for it) it doesn't make much finiacial sense buying an established club like Chelsea, ourselves etc for that sort of money.

Much more sensible buying a Newcastle, Everton, West Ham style team and building them up.

Is it though these days? Say you buy Everton for £500 million, you're looking at over a £1billion with the current transfer fees to attract the top players. You could go our route and get a Klopp who will build a great squad without breaking the bank, but who is out there to do it? With Chelsea, they are now established, the players are valuable assets (Evertons are worth a bag of crisps and a can of coke)  you may as well pay £1.5 billion and load the rest back onto the club as debt

Online jillc

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #14886 on: August 27, 2018, 10:19:26 AM »
I thought this was a really interesting piece by Ruud Gullit. I agree with his comments for all their possession Chelsea didn't make much from it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45317675
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ravishing Rick Rude

• Cut the music!
  • Believer
« Reply #14887 on: August 27, 2018, 10:42:00 AM »
I think they are title contenders this season. Their midfield looks pretty amazing, and that bastard Hazard is going to have the best season of his career. He's their x factor when they're about to struggle. However, i think they're one or two injuries away of getting fucked.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks
I'm a knob

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Believer
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #14888 on: August 27, 2018, 12:06:46 PM »
I’m wary of writing them off so soon, they have got 9 from 9 after all. They’re not playing superbly, but it could change. They’re so yo-yo, i find it hard to predict what they’ll do. I wouldn’t be surprised if the title is between us and them, or if they finish 6th.

This is so true, you look at their games and think ‘this lot are terrible’ and then the grind out the result.

2nd or 6th and nowhere in between
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline RedForeverTT

• Believer
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #14889 on: August 27, 2018, 03:37:17 PM »
This is so true, you look at their games and think ‘this lot are terrible’ and then the grind out the result.

2nd or 6th and nowhere in between

The team they played so far offer very little resistance

Newcastle was barebones + underinvested. Arsenal was in transition and was unlucky not to win.

Their reality check will come when they meet Spurs, City and us where we could easily tear them a new one. Nothing about their play impressed me. Pretty standard football from the 90s

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Believer
« Reply #14890 on: August 27, 2018, 07:33:59 PM »
I think they are title contenders this season. Their midfield looks pretty amazing, and that bastard Hazard is going to have the best season of his career. He's their x factor when they're about to struggle. However, i think they're one or two injuries away of getting fucked.

I think they're making a big mistake pushing Kante way up the field.  Neither Azpi, Alonso or Jorginho are that mobile and Kante isn't there to put out the fires as he normally would.  Arsenal were tearing them apart as Kante is always behind the play on a turnover but completely changed tactics in the 2nd half which backfired on them.  Eventually you'd think they'll get the balance right.  Until then I think there's going to be some surprising results where they get turned over.  I could easily see our front 3 making a mockery of them if they played the same as they do now against us.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #14891 on: August 27, 2018, 07:45:54 PM »
I think they're making a big mistake pushing Kante way up the field.  Neither Azpi, Alonso or Jorginho are that mobile and Kante isn't there to put out the fires as he normally would.  Arsenal were tearing them apart as Kante is always behind the play on a turnover but completely changed tactics in the 2nd half which backfired on them.  Eventually you'd think they'll get the balance right.  Until then I think there's going to be some surprising results where they get turned over.  I could easily see our front 3 making a mockery of them if they played the same as they do now against us.

I def see them as a threat next year for the league title, not this year, Sarri will need time to get them to play exactly like he wants.

Offline 88_RED

• Believer
« Reply #14892 on: September 3, 2018, 05:00:01 PM »
What's the general consensus on here about these lot??
They seem to be sneaking under the radar a bit..
And they have history of hitting their straps every other year and under a new manager in his first season..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #14893 on: September 3, 2018, 05:01:58 PM »
What's the general consensus on here about these lot??
They seem to be sneaking under the radar a bit..
And they have history of hitting their straps every other year and under a new manager in his first season..

They have another winnable game against Cardiff at home next after the break followed by the derby against West Ham. Too early to tell but a good start for them non the less.

Offline markmywords

• 2/10. Must try harder.
  • Kopite
« Reply #14894 on: September 3, 2018, 05:13:02 PM »
Could be a real threat, a lot of folk are comforting themselves by imagining how badly us or city would destroy them, forgetting they could lose all 4 games 5 - 0 and still get 90+ points in this league.  If Morata gets amongst the goals, they could go all the way

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #14895 on: September 3, 2018, 05:25:10 PM »
Could be a real threat, a lot of folk are comforting themselves by imagining how badly us or city would destroy them, forgetting they could lose all 4 games 5 - 0 and still get 90+ points in this league.  If Morata gets amongst the goals, they could go all the way

IF they are pinning their hopes on Morata they're screwed.

Hazard,Pedro and Willian will get them goals, but will that be enough remains to be seen because neither Morata nor giroud are going to do more than what they've already shown.

Offline 88_RED

• Believer
« Reply #14896 on: September 3, 2018, 05:28:36 PM »
They have another winnable game against Cardiff at home next after the break followed by the derby against West Ham. Too early to tell but a good start for them non the less.

Yeah..  they could easily go 7 for 7 and the defensive chinks we saw against Arsenal could well be ironed out by the time we play them..

I'm more concerned about our league game against them at The Bridge than I am about Spuds in 2 weeks..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #14897 on: September 3, 2018, 06:31:37 PM »
Yeah..  they could easily go 7 for 7 and the defensive chinks we saw against Arsenal could well be ironed out by the time we play them..

I'm more concerned about our league game against them at The Bridge than I am about Spuds in 2 weeks..

I am not to be honest, they will play both an open game and it suits us most, they dont sit back so we have a good chance of winning. I am more concerned about Spurs than I am Chelsea because Chelsea are still learning how to play while Spurs have been the settle side for the last 3,4 seasons.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Believer
« Reply #14898 on: September 3, 2018, 06:37:24 PM »
Just like us you can only play what's on your schedule and so far they've had everything break their way.  Will that continue?  Based on their underlying numbers you wouldn't think so but we'll see.  I wouldn't be concerned with them until it's Xmas and they are still in it.

Offline elsewhere

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #14899 on: September 3, 2018, 06:50:10 PM »
Annoying thing is they've been winning while Pedro being arguably one of their best players an despite Morata still being useless in finishing.

Offline 88_RED

• Believer
« Reply #14900 on: September 4, 2018, 06:22:49 AM »
I am not to be honest, they will play both an open game and it suits us most, they dont sit back so we have a good chance of winning. I am more concerned about Spurs than I am Chelsea because Chelsea are still learning how to play while Spurs have been the settle side for the last 3,4 seasons.

Hope you are right.. just feel Spuds will be desperate not to fall 6 points behind us and would be desperate for the win after Watford and hopefully that plays into our hands..
Plus it's our first big test of the season and hopefully our players would be up for it..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Brian Blessed

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #14901 on: September 4, 2018, 01:49:16 PM »
I'm assuming Spurs don't lose two in a row often, so along with everything else, this would be a huge win. Hoepfully Kane plays 180 minutes on international duty. Whoever said he dropped off since his injury and didn't think he was recovered was spot on.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Believer
« Reply #14902 on: September 4, 2018, 06:30:56 PM »
This won't end well.

Offline johnny74

• Believer
« Reply #14903 on: September 4, 2018, 07:44:30 PM »

I remember the last time a newly appointed Italian managed them with David Luiz in defence and no European football...

My Chelsea loving landlord is a bit pessimistic ("We avvent got a decent centre back") but I think that because the lack of European football they should be pretty capable.

When we are sending our first string out against PSG at Anfield they'll be spending all week training for the weekend game.

Offline Brian Blessed

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #14904 on: September 4, 2018, 08:05:47 PM »
I remember the last time a newly appointed Italian managed them with David Luiz in defence and no European football...

My Chelsea loving landlord is a bit pessimistic ("We avvent got a decent centre back") but I think that because the lack of European football they should be pretty capable.

When we are sending our first string out against PSG at Anfield they'll be spending all week training for the weekend game.
They're in the Europa. He may rest some, but it's still tricky.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer