Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 2425528 times)

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #20040 on: September 16, 2020, 07:06:53 AM »
Can't wait for the "Liverpool fans cause chaos" headlines when a load of pissed up gobshites who happen to be wearing our fashion away kit go mental in Magaluf.

United fans won’t be happy if Maguire has our shirt on.

Online rob19:6 "And yeah doth the Lord liketh trucking."

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #20041 on: September 16, 2020, 10:30:41 AM »
United fans won’t be happy if Maguire has our shirt on.

That would actually be funny as fuck ;D

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #20042 on: September 16, 2020, 12:22:25 PM »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Believer
  • Vær modig. Tag risici. Der er kun én værdig.
« Reply #20043 on: September 16, 2020, 12:38:28 PM »
Seems like a weirdly massive increase for Chelsea.
Likely down to the new sponsor (much cleaner logo) bounce and spending all that Hazard money (again) on new signings which kids want. Also that huge increase shows up the glory hunting hordes amongst their support who weren't interested in Chelsea and/or didn't buy last year's. Plus - and I'm sad to say - a classier looking home kit than our Welsh NT one.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 12:42:59 PM by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline kb2x

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
« Reply #20044 on: September 16, 2020, 12:48:53 PM »
Sales are down on last year, except for the away kit, apparently.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-nike-arsenal-kit-suffers-18942290?fbclid=IwAR0eVRHxzBimh2P993USHnEKVEqg9vbFZt9KdeNV5kg6MVSQlUYAAH7s_6Q

Probably down due to availability issues in most sizes on the home stadium kit. (at time of writing you can only get a S or M from the online store) and probably due to the late release of the other 2 kits.

Offline smutchin

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20045 on: September 16, 2020, 01:18:14 PM »

No worries - they'll get a big lift at the end of this season when we win the league again.

Passed someone in the street wearing the new away top yesterday - first time I've seen it close up in real life. Was surprised at how green it looked - it seems more blue in the pics I've seen. Maybe it was a knock-off version. I didn't stop to ask the guy.

Online cdav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #20046 on: September 16, 2020, 01:39:03 PM »

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-nike-arsenal-kit-suffers-18942290?fbclid=IwAR0eVRHxzBimh2P993USHnEKVEqg9vbFZt9KdeNV5kg6MVSQlUYAAH7s_6Q

Posted in the transfer thread on this- surely Chelsea and Arsenal have had kits on sale for 3 months (since May) and ours were only released last month (early August home, middle of month for the away) so it is in no way comparable looking at total kits sold?

Offline StevoHimself

• Main Stander
« Reply #20047 on: September 16, 2020, 01:39:06 PM »
I like the kit so find this news sort of odd. I'd wonder if the option of two different versions (and all that comes with that) is having an impact, but it sounds as if the Chelsea one is also doing well so who knows.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #20048 on: September 16, 2020, 01:40:36 PM »
Probably down due to availability issues in most sizes on the home stadium kit. (at time of writing you can only get a S or M from the online store) and probably due to the late release of the other 2 kits.
Lies!  Availability issues only happen to New Balance!!
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• farKnow
  • Believer
« Reply #20049 on: September 16, 2020, 01:40:48 PM »
I like the kit so find this news sort of odd. I'd wonder if the option of two different versions (and all that comes with that) is having an impact, but it sounds as if the Chelsea one is also doing well so who knows.

Their kit has been on sale since May

Offline StevoHimself

• Main Stander
« Reply #20050 on: September 16, 2020, 01:44:31 PM »
Their kit has been on sale since May

I'm aware of that. I haven't read the article, but the way this has been reported on here and on Twitter would imply this is something of a disappointment, no? Are we supposed to glean anything from this at all then?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• farKnow
  • Believer
« Reply #20051 on: September 16, 2020, 01:50:35 PM »
I'm aware of that. I haven't read the article, but the way this has been reported on here and on Twitter would imply this is something of a disappointment, no? Are we supposed to glean anything from this at all then?

I mean we are in a middle of a pandemic, with multiple kits released at once. In any case, personally I'm not arsed.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #20052 on: September 16, 2020, 02:27:40 PM »
Our kits released later than both as well, strange no mention of that
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #20053 on: September 16, 2020, 02:28:38 PM »
Our kits released later than both as well, strange no mention of that

Doesn’t get the same amount of clicks really - “Kit on sale for a month doesn’t sell as much as one on sale for 4 months”

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #20054 on: September 16, 2020, 02:37:27 PM »
Our away kit is apparently the best selling of all aways though, regardless of when it was released. Which will probably shock quite a few in here who hate it! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #20055 on: September 16, 2020, 02:54:09 PM »
Our away kit is apparently the best selling of all aways though, regardless of when it was released. Which will probably shock quite a few in here who hate it! ;D

It's almost as if these multi billion dollar sports fashion companies know what they are doing.

Go figure  ;D

Offline smutchin

• Kopite
« Reply #20056 on: September 16, 2020, 03:51:21 PM »
Are we supposed to glean anything from this at all then?

I'd never heard of lovethesales.com before I saw this story, so they can count this as a successful bit of self-publicity.

Online mickeydocs

• Believer
« Reply #20057 on: September 16, 2020, 04:49:03 PM »
Doesn’t get the same amount of clicks really - “Kit on sale for a month doesn’t sell as much as one on sale for 4 months”

Quick google search reveals that the Chelsea shirt went on sale on the 9th of July.

The article is at odds with what 4pool has previously discussed regarding sales.
This club is greater than any one player.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #20058 on: September 16, 2020, 04:55:07 PM »
Quick google search reveals that the Chelsea shirt went on sale on the 9th of July.

The article is at odds with what 4pool has previously discussed regarding sales.

The article focuses on UK sales. Not worldwide sales.

Nike claims our kit was the best selling kit of all time for initial sales. More than Real Madrid, the Mancs, or any other footy clubs.

What sales numbers are after 6 months are, I don't think Nike or LFC are to worried.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online rob19:6 "And yeah doth the Lord liketh trucking."

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #20059 on: September 16, 2020, 05:10:47 PM »
It's almost as if these multi billion dollar sports fashion companies know what they are doing.

Go figure  ;D

Or because the Chelsea away was only released end of July? ;)

Offline BondysNiners

• Main Stander
  • Can I tell you the story of a poor boy
« Reply #20060 on: September 16, 2020, 05:13:33 PM »
My 3rd kit arrived today, stadium shirt. It was a birthday present so the same size was bought that I normally wear. Fit is fine, material is fine, quite like the design, the red is more pink than the pictures show.
One day, it will happen

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #20061 on: September 16, 2020, 05:18:38 PM »
Or because the Chelsea away was only released end of July? ;)

Ours was 13th August  ;)
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20062 on: September 16, 2020, 06:07:25 PM »
Likely down to the new sponsor (much cleaner logo) bounce and spending all that Hazard money (again) on new signings which kids want. Also that huge increase shows up the glory hunting hordes amongst their support who weren't interested in Chelsea and/or didn't buy last year's. Plus - and I'm sad to say - a classier looking home kit than our Welsh NT one.

Chelsea haven’t had a decent home kit in years, including this one.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Believer
  • Vær modig. Tag risici. Der er kun én værdig.
« Reply #20063 on: September 16, 2020, 06:59:00 PM »
Chelsea haven’t had a decent home kit in years, including this one.
Its the blue isn't it? Pavlovian. Look, I throw up a little in my mouth just admitting it but it's far less fussy especially around the trim and collar. Their third (inspired by their fellow Londoner Hodgson's brave fight to keep Crystal Palace competitive) is equally horrendous as ours though.

I showed my boy all three at the weekend. He wasn't impressed. Keeping his precious Alisson black/gold shirt for another season (good lad) although you can imagine his fume when he spied the Barcelona away.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20064 on: September 16, 2020, 07:11:03 PM »
My son doesn’t really like any of them either actually (the turquoise away at a push).

Offline Son of Spion*

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • 19:06
« Reply #20065 on: September 17, 2020, 12:04:14 AM »
It sure surprised me.  :o

Since its release I've only spotted one kid wearing it, and that was yesterday on the Wirral. I'm yet to see a single one on someone in Liverpool, and that's even after spending a few hours at the ground last Thursday and seeing lots of visitors there. All I'm seeing is the new home top and training tops. Anyway, it's good to it's being bought somewhere by someone. It's still an abomination though.  :P
RIP Gulleysucker. RAWK Legend.

YNWA

Offline Son of Spion*

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #20066 on: September 17, 2020, 12:05:53 AM »

Go figure  ;D
Just admit it, Craig.

You are buying the away shirts in bulk just to get the numbers up, aren't you?  ;)

YNWA

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #20067 on: September 17, 2020, 12:41:01 AM »
Just admit it, Craig.

You are buying the away shirts in bulk just to get the numbers up, aren't you?  ;)

Nope.

On a totally separate note, I have a batch of 24,000 away shirts available if anyone wants them?

Offline redwillow

• Main Stander
« Reply #20068 on: September 17, 2020, 10:04:35 AM »
Hope the club store have bulked up on 24,000 '6' vinyls

Nope.

On a totally separate note, I have a batch of 24,000 away shirts available if anyone wants them?

Offline Son of Spion*

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #20069 on: September 17, 2020, 10:38:11 AM »
Nope.

😁

Shame that. If the kit was actually nice I'd have had most of them off you, but alas...   :-\

YNWA

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #20070 on: September 17, 2020, 10:46:47 AM »
Kit sales with a number 6 on the back are about to send us back to the top of the pile.

Offline lucas leivas #1 fan

• Anny Roader
  • twitter: @Ciaran_CP
« Reply #20071 on: September 17, 2020, 10:56:28 AM »

probably because Nike made a kit that is worse than our last 3 home kits
Follow me on Twitter: @Ciaran_CP

Offline Welshred

• To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #20072 on: September 17, 2020, 10:57:38 AM »
probably because Nike made a kit that is worse than our last 3 home kits

Or as other people have pointed out Chelsea and Arsenal have had an extra 6 weeks to sell their kit

Bangkok Ladyboys went down a treat ... so probably do them again  ;D ;D

Offline Anfield89

• Believer
« Reply #20073 on: September 17, 2020, 02:20:50 PM »
Shirt sales fixed.

Looks a lot better when you can’t see the white lines.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #20074 on: September 17, 2020, 02:24:22 PM »
Thiago is a Nike athlete, too.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #20075 on: September 17, 2020, 03:05:01 PM »

M'Bappe next....whoot..whoot... :scarf :lmao :lmao
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Red Cactii

• Anny Roader
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #20076 on: September 17, 2020, 03:19:56 PM »
M'Bappe next....whoot..whoot... :scarf :lmao :lmao

Followed by Sancho after him :odd

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #20077 on: September 17, 2020, 04:40:06 PM »

Think he was pictured in Mizuno boots wasn't he
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #20078 on: September 17, 2020, 04:41:54 PM »
Think he was pictured in Mizuno boots wasn't he

Wore Nike boots in the CL final.

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #20079 on: September 17, 2020, 04:43:53 PM »
Mizuno? Are we back in the 90's?  ;D