Author Topic: Alan Partridge - including Alpha Papa  (Read 357960 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: Alan Partridge - including Alpha Papa
« Reply #4240 on: May 16, 2019, 10:24:41 PM »
I actually liked that it didn't. I mean the exposition was silly, but only wasted the first couple of minutes then it allowed the rest of the energy to be spent on pure Partridge and less of the blatantly obvious One Show type tropes. I don't think the episode missed Jennie, there wasn't much more for her to offer

Spot on. It was setup to be a complete Partridge shitshow for the final episode. He actually started off quite professional (for him) in the first episode before he grew into his old self by the final episode.
“We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.“ Zlen, 30/12/18

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4241 on: July 9, 2019, 03:54:49 PM »
Jet

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Believer
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #4242 on: August 9, 2019, 08:57:19 AM »
Do you think the Dimbleby’s eat Penguins?

Working from home and going back through This Time, so many great lines. Oh God, it’s school Alan now :lmao
AHA!

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4243 on: August 9, 2019, 12:07:11 PM »
If you’d have told me 25 years ago that I was going to be talking about rigid inflatable hulls with Dale Winton, I’d probably have spat at you.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!!
  • Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #4244 on: August 10, 2019, 10:38:11 AM »
Having a long, much delayed drive back from Devon the other day I put on my audiobook of I, Partridge. Christ it's good. I normally prefer reading to listening to something but hearing it read by the man himself makes it much better.

It's a busty autobiography. Probably the bustiest on campus.
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland worrying times for Liverpool Football Club. Shame really.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #4245 on: August 10, 2019, 11:48:02 AM »
Having a long, much delayed drive back from Devon the other day I put on my audiobook of I, Partridge. Christ it's good. I normally prefer reading to listening to something but hearing it read by the man himself makes it much better.

I’m a father you mothers!
We are Liverpool!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4246 on: August 10, 2019, 01:36:49 PM »

And what chicken nuggets! These boast all the smoky zing of McCain Southern coating with the tenderest cuts of white meat.

Offline Riquende

• Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #4247 on: August 13, 2019, 06:07:47 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2019/aug/13/alan-partridge-saves-steve-coogan-from-lengthy-driving-ban

Steve Coogan has escaped a lengthy driving ban after successfully arguing that a new series featuring his Alan Partridge character could not be filmed on public transport.

The comedian was clocked driving his Porsche at 36mph in a 30mph zone close to his mansion in East Sussex, earning him a three-point endorsement on his driving licence. Because he already had nine points from previous offences he faced an automatic six-month ban.

Magistrates in Crawley instead decided to ban him from driving for two months after hearing that a lengthier time off the road would force him to cancel an Alan Partridge travelogue series he is set to make for the BBC.
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland worrying times for Liverpool Football Club. Shame really.

Offline S

• pineless
  • Believer
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #4248 on: August 13, 2019, 06:11:58 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2019/aug/13/alan-partridge-saves-steve-coogan-from-lengthy-driving-ban
Had to check that wasn’t satire. Imagine if he hurts someone driving in the next six months and the whole reason he’s driving is because he wants to shoot a TV series.

Partridge is one of the greatest characters ever. Steve Coogan is a moron though.

Offline Riquende

• Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #4249 on: August 13, 2019, 06:34:43 PM »
My first thought was to just suspend the ban until the series is done and then enforce it in full, but it does have the same problem of 'what if something happens in the meantime'?

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4250 on: August 13, 2019, 06:37:01 PM »
Bill.....Car.....Bill Car

Offline S

• pineless
  • Believer
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #4251 on: August 13, 2019, 08:57:18 PM »
My first thought was to just suspend the ban until the series is done and then enforce it in full, but it does have the same problem of 'what if something happens in the meantime'?
Exactly, and as much as I love Alan Partridge, what makes the staff and crew so important?

Would a plasterer be able to get a more lenient ban on the grounds that his workmates have no other form of transport?

Offline Riquende

• Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #4252 on: August 13, 2019, 10:28:57 PM »
Exactly, and as much as I love Alan Partridge, what makes the staff and crew so important?

Would a plasterer be able to get a more lenient ban on the grounds that his workmates have no other form of transport?

I'm sure I've heard before that you can avoid a ban if your driving is critical to your job etc, but I think this is a bit of stretch.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Believer
« Reply #4253 on: August 14, 2019, 08:23:32 AM »
Had to check that wasn’t satire. Imagine if he hurts someone driving in the next six months and the whole reason he’s driving is because he wants to shoot a TV series.

Partridge is one of the greatest characters ever. Steve Coogan is a moron though.

Don`t they use a low loader anyway for most scenes when someone is driving ? Or if not because Coogan likes to drive, then for this series use one ?

Anyway, agree with others that it was a pretty poor excuse to avoid a ban.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Believer
  • Monty, you terrible c*nt!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4255 on: August 14, 2019, 10:06:21 AM »
I generally like him but that's bellend behaviour.

Which bit makes him a Bellend?

Driving 6 mph over the limit in a 30 zone or escaping a driving ban due to it affecting his and others livelihoods?

I like this bit in the article

Coogan is a noted motoring enthusiast who has owned a succession of cars including Ferraris, Mazdas, Range Rovers and Porsches.

No mention of a Mini Metro :)

Offline OLD SAINT NICK'S GOT BIG SNOWY BALLS

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4256 on: August 14, 2019, 10:16:30 AM »

Driving 6 mph over the limit in a 30 zone or escaping a driving ban due to it affecting his and others livelihoods?

Coogan is a noted motoring enthusiast who has owned a succession of cars including Ferraris, Mazdas, Range Rovers and Porsches.

Or Lexus (the Japanese Mercedes).

Offline Nitramdorf

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4257 on: August 14, 2019, 10:36:56 AM »

If there was a mention of it, hed just talk over them.

Offline Riquende

• Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #4258 on: August 14, 2019, 01:13:40 PM »

Probably because it's called a Rover Metro now.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4259 on: August 14, 2019, 01:21:06 PM »
Probably because it's called a Rover Metro now.

Offline gerrardisgod

• Believer
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #4260 on: August 14, 2019, 03:15:40 PM »
They’ve rebadged it, you fool!
AHA!

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #4261 on: August 14, 2019, 04:25:41 PM »
Remember he's a bit of a maverick, not afraid to break the law if he thinks it's necessary. He's not a criminal, you know, but he will, perhaps, travel 36mph in a 30 zone if, for example, he wants to get somewhere quickly.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Riquende

• Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #4262 on: August 15, 2019, 08:41:45 AM »
Remember he's a bit of a maverick, not afraid to break the law if he thinks it's necessary. He's not a criminal, you know, but he will, perhaps, travel 36mph in a 30 zone if, for example, he wants to get somewhere quickly.

Incredibly the rights to Swallow are still available.

Offline Max_powers

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4263 on: August 15, 2019, 11:55:19 AM »
I am assuming this went down in the Court

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4264 on: August 15, 2019, 12:34:41 PM »
At least something actually worth reporting has come out of Coogan doing 6 mph over the speed limit

We know that he's filming a new travelogue series with Alan driving around the country. Can't wait for this and thanks to a magistrate using her/his head we get to see it :)

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4265 on: August 15, 2019, 12:37:11 PM »
If he’d been banned surely he could have filmed the epic walk described in Nomad?

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4266 on: August 15, 2019, 12:44:50 PM »
If he’d been banned surely he could have filmed the epic walk described in Nomad?

In all seriousness they could have had written it as Alan having been banned and have Lynn drive him around.

Would have still been funny with Alan slating Lynne's driving habits.

Also, I had a Partridge moment the other day.  Heard Sue Cooke on a really cheap local radio ad and imagined Alan pulling a dismissive face at Sue's rediscovered media attention. :)

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4267 on: August 15, 2019, 04:06:22 PM »
In all seriousness they could have had written it as Alan having been banned and have Lynn drive him around.

Also, I had a Partridge moment the other day.  Heard Sue Cooke on a really cheap local radio ad and imagined Alan pulling a dismissive face at Sue's rediscovered media attention. :)

Heard the same ad haha. First thing I thought was "Take the fag out your mouth, Sue".
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4268 on: August 15, 2019, 04:15:07 PM »
The PPI one? Yep, thought the same. :D

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4269 on: August 15, 2019, 04:54:44 PM »
LOL - Was hoping you'd heard it too Nick

I love incidental Partridge moments :)

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #4270 on: August 16, 2019, 01:05:25 AM »

It wouldn't have lasted. For a bird-like woman her clutch control is terrible. She lacks what Alan calls "chiropodal dexterity".
We are Liverpool!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4271 on: August 16, 2019, 01:31:49 PM »
Which series was it when Alan went for a test drive in a Range Rover with a salesman and he ended up arguing with him about performance and specifics etc ?

Was typical Alan when it comes to motoring :)

Offline Classycara

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4272 on: August 16, 2019, 01:50:36 PM »
Which series was it when Alan went for a test drive in a Range Rover with a salesman and he ended up arguing with him about performance and specifics etc ?

Was typical Alan when it comes to motoring :)

Is that welcome to the places of my life, in Norfolk (the Wales of the east)?

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4273 on: August 16, 2019, 02:14:00 PM »

Calm down Lynne you're suffering from minor women's whiplash!
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline gerrardisgod

• Believer
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #4274 on: August 16, 2019, 02:41:48 PM »
Is that welcome to the places of my life, in Norfolk (the Wales of the east)?
Yeah, it was.

Think he’s driving the same car in Scissored Isle too, with Seldom in the passenger seat.
AHA!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4275 on: August 17, 2019, 11:47:13 PM »
LOL - Was hoping you'd heard it too Nick

I love incidental Partridge moments :)

Have a beauty for you today Pete. We were at Manchester Airport awaiting our flight when a call came over the PA System (not Tannoy, Tannoy is a brand name) asking for a passenger called Mr P. Gabitas to report to the gate. Wasn’t he an old nemesis of Alan’s from his books? :D

Offline Riquende

• Believer
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #4276 on: August 18, 2019, 06:55:21 AM »
Have a beauty for you today Pete. We were at Manchester Airport awaiting our flight when a call came over the PA System (not Tannoy, Tannoy is a brand name) asking for a passenger called Mr P. Gabitas to report to the gate. Wasn’t he an old nemesis of Alan’s from his books? :D

Pete Gabitas was a friend of Alan's who owned a production company (or studios, or something). He's prominent twice in I Partridge - once for appearing with a hot young Ukrainian girlfriend, and then arranging something similar for 7 of his mates (of which Alan's was second-nicest) and then being the subject of Alan's conspiracy theory about being murdered when driving home after drinking 6 pints and half a bottle of wine - Pete's 'sweet spot' for driving.

Offline gerrardisgod

• Believer
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #4277 on: August 18, 2019, 09:04:55 AM »
He also gave Alan his “CPR” doll.
AHA!

Offline Classycara

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4278 on: August 19, 2019, 12:15:25 PM »
Pete Gabitas was a friend of Alan's who owned a production company (or studios, or something). He's prominent twice in I Partridge - once for appearing with a hot young Ukrainian girlfriend, and then arranging something similar for 7 of his mates (of which Alan's was second-nicest) and then being the subject of Alan's conspiracy theory about being murdered when driving home after drinking 6 pints and half a bottle of wine - Pete's 'sweet spot' for driving.
He also gave Alan his “CPR” doll.

Recognised the name but entirely forgot those. Thanks guys ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4279 on: August 20, 2019, 04:16:07 PM »
being murdered when driving home after drinking 6 pints and half a bottle of wine - Pete's 'sweet spot' for driving.

:lmao