Author Topic: Biggest flop In Europeon football over the last 10 years.  (Read 10829 times)

Offline DowntheLine1981

• Ignorant of the Dhamma
  • Believer
  • Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici
    • Work's MySpace page....
Re: Biggest flop In Europeon football over the last 10 years.
« Reply #240 on: September 9, 2010, 09:33:47 AM »
Okay, you guys need to define what constitutes a 'flop'.  A player like Schevchenko or Kaka who played amazingly for one or two major clubs previously only to make a move to a (usually different) league only to fail to adapt DOES NOT constitute a flop.

A flop in my book is someone who was hyped up to death from the back of one season or cup run, bought for big money, only to be discovered to be shite.

My nomination for Liverpool - El Hadji Diouf

Signed after a World Cup run for £10 million and was total bollocks.  Went a season as No 9 without scoring a single goal.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
~Aristotle

"The trouble with having an open mind is that people will come along and try to put things in it."
~Terry Pratchett

“If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Believer
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #241 on: September 9, 2010, 09:56:02 AM »
sorry mate but to call an injury ravaged and on the decline gaizka a flop is just wrong. you obviously don't know the man who fucked europe alongside claudio lopez and the rest of los ches.

Oh, but I remember him too well ... Sold to Lazio in the summer of 2001 (at the age of 27) for €48 million, loaned to Barca next summer, and then sold by Lazio to 'Boro in the summer of 2003 for €3.5 million ... If you look for the biggest flop of the past decade, Mendieta is definitely the one ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #242 on: September 9, 2010, 07:27:51 PM »
Mendieta