Author Topic: SoS London: Discussion and new members in here  (Read 110330 times)

Offline King Tay

• Kopite
  • F**k Off Lampard!!!
Re: SoS London: Discussion and new members in here
« Reply #280 on: July 21, 2010, 06:30:50 PM »
69 confirmed, with possibly about 20 more if we get their SOS membership numbers

What info do you need? Just membership number?

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #281 on: July 21, 2010, 09:24:32 PM »
Ditto!! I'm a member of SOS, what info do you need for me to join the London SOS?

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #282 on: July 21, 2010, 09:29:21 PM »
Ditto!! I'm a member of SOS, what info do you need for me to join the London SOS?
Email Chris O'Dea on sos@hixvil.co.uk with your name and membership number.

Offline RuairiK

• Kopite
« Reply #283 on: July 21, 2010, 10:15:58 PM »
i cant find my SOS number but I have requested it from the lads again. Am i too late for the London branch?
I'd played at Anfield and I knew the crowd were fantastic. I knew there was a public just waiting. So I fought the battles inside and outside. I was interested in only one thing, success for the club. And that meant success for the people. I wanted results for the club, for the love of the game, to make the people happy

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #284 on: July 22, 2010, 12:18:16 PM »
i cant find my SOS number but I have requested it from the lads again. Am i too late for the London branch?

If you are a paid member, then go to http://www.spiritofshankly.com/renew-online.html

Put in your name and email address, as if you were going to renew (don't worry, you won't be charged), and on the subsequent screen, it'll have your membership details contained there.

Hope that helps, Dan.

Offline Dave06

• Main Stander
« Reply #285 on: July 22, 2010, 01:45:49 PM »
I signed up a couple of weeks back but have since moved to London, I haven't had anything through yet to confirm membership number and the link above can't find my membership details! The money has deffo come out of my account though.

Offline OldRed1

• Main Stander
  • All generalizations are false, including this one
« Reply #286 on: July 23, 2010, 02:44:38 PM »
You can join any time.

Just mail me at sos@hixvil.co.uk with your name and membership number.
J496

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • insults.net
« Reply #287 on: July 24, 2010, 12:29:25 PM »
old red/chris

don't forget that if you hit you max number at this london branch i'd galdly step aside and allow a more local member to take my place, don't keep me out of the loop though as at a drop of hat and work permitting i'd be in london in no time to help with anything.

Gary
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #288 on: July 24, 2010, 11:45:53 PM »
old red/chris

don't forget that if you hit you max number at this london branch i'd galdly step aside and allow a more local member to take my place, don't keep me out of the loop though as at a drop of hat and work permitting i'd be in london in no time to help with anything.

Gary

Don't get wound up about numbers. We're already looking at relaxin ghte numbers at the top and bottom end.

Just get on with it.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • insults.net
« Reply #289 on: July 26, 2010, 02:17:40 AM »
Just get on with it.

get on with what? i thought you were still on holiday??

www.misternobody.co.uk

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #290 on: July 26, 2010, 01:54:05 PM »
get on with what? i thought you were still on holiday??

Holiday? What holiday?
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • insults.net
« Reply #291 on: July 27, 2010, 02:05:35 AM »
hmmm, interbreeding of various threads i guess, someone on RAWK is away on holiday though 8)

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #292 on: July 30, 2010, 12:03:53 PM »
hmmm, interbreeding of various threads i guess, someone on RAWK is away on holiday though 8)

Always a good chance ;)
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Yes?
« Reply #293 on: July 30, 2010, 03:53:26 PM »
Hi, all -

A few of us are in the process of getting a branch going over here in New York.  I don't know whether this would be allowed (Graham?) but would it be possible for us to be added to the London branch's mailing list? 

We (I!) could really use all the help we can get - it would be fantastic if we can "see" how a branch that's already up and running is going about its business.  I understand things are still in their infancy over there but as we're still a fair number of steps behind, *any* insight/guidance would be tremendous.

I think it could also be helpful further down the road as the two cities obviously have a fair bit in common and no doubt have members who travel regularly between the two.  Never too early to liaise ....  :wave

If that would be acceptable, I'll be happy to email our details to the SOS London address.  Thanks (hopefully) in advance.

-Connie Lofton

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • insults.net
« Reply #294 on: July 30, 2010, 03:57:00 PM »
just bumped your comment in the other thread as well connie in case its missed in this one

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=259408.new#new

:wave

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Yes?
« Reply #295 on: July 30, 2010, 04:02:22 PM »
^^ Thanks for that!   (sorry, I can't quote posts - some blasted IE8 setting I haven't figured out)

I realized I should go ahead and give out our temporary email address, which is:

SOSinfo@lfcny.org

When we get things up and running, we'll hopefully set up an independent one.  Thanks again.

And fwiw, I plan to start a thread on the NY branch shortly.  Hope we get some takers on these boards!

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #296 on: July 30, 2010, 11:13:38 PM »
^^ Thanks for that!   (sorry, I can't quote posts - some blasted IE8 setting I haven't figured out)

I realized I should go ahead and give out our temporary email address, which is:

SOSinfo@lfcny.org

When we get things up and running, we'll hopefully set up an independent one.  Thanks again.

And fwiw, I plan to start a thread on the NY branch shortly.  Hope we get some takers on these boards!

No problem from us Connie if London are OK.

Northern Ireland and Norway confirmed today as well. LFCNY would make it six!
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline fatherjack

• Anny Roader
  • Keep the faith and Walk On.
« Reply #297 on: July 30, 2010, 11:19:34 PM »
No problem from us Connie if London are OK.

Northern Ireland and Norway confirmed today as well. LFCNY would make it six!

Graham you just made my evening, i was at the inaugural Northern Ireland meeting last night. Great to know we have got the nod to go ahead, now the work begins for us.
SOS member 3252

LiverpoolFC............Did you think we would leave you dying?

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #298 on: August 25, 2010, 12:43:48 PM »
Any indication on when the next meeting will be or if there is any direct action planned?

Offline JimmysHammer

• Kopite
« Reply #299 on: August 25, 2010, 02:29:12 PM »
Any indication on when the next meeting will be or if there is any direct action planned?

^^^ this,

but not between the 3rd-10th September, as i'm away, :P

seriously though i'm gagging to get to a meeting. and put some faces to names
"So much of our stupid time is spent showing our love for things by getting pissed about things that aren't it. Being a fan of something doesn't necessarily entail going out of your way to upset yourself by seeking out those who aren't fans. You don't need to put on war paint"

"this is the school in which we learn
Time is the fire in which we burn

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • insults.net
« Reply #300 on: August 25, 2010, 11:06:31 PM »
i'm gagging to get to a meeting. and put some faces to names

stalker

a few familar faces from here made the first :)

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #301 on: August 27, 2010, 09:29:34 PM »
Next general meeting looking like first week of October mate.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #302 on: August 27, 2010, 09:30:10 PM »
Next general meeting looking like first week of October mate.
Ta - look forward to it

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #303 on: September 7, 2010, 12:16:26 PM »
London SOS members (and non-members who want to attend with a view to joining)

We now have the details of the next SOS London Branch general meeting. This will take place from 7pm on Tuesday 21st September

Venue will be the downstairs function room at :-
The Shooting Star
Ale & Pie Pub
125- 129 Middlesex Street
E1 7JF

The pub is 20 yards from Bishopsgate, right by Liverpool Street Station - Middlesex Street is actually the road that Petticoat Lane Market is based on.
Function room is downstairs and has its own bar.

See you there and please promote to others not on this forum. Info will go out via email to the list of London members also.

Cheers

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #304 on: September 7, 2010, 06:36:05 PM »
London SOS members (and non-members who want to attend with a view to joining)

We now have the details of the next SOS London Branch general meeting. This will take place from 7pm on Tuesday 21st September

Venue will be the downstairs function room at :-
The Shooting Star
Ale & Pie Pub
125- 129 Middlesex Street
E1 7JF

The pub is 20 yards from Bishopsgate, right by Liverpool Street Station - Middlesex Street is actually the road that Petticoat Lane Market is based on.
Function room is downstairs and has its own bar.

See you there and please promote to others not on this forum. Info will go out via email to the list of London members also.

Cheers

Gah, will miss this by about 6 days. Sorry mate.

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Believer
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #305 on: September 20, 2010, 07:05:29 PM »
im not a member of the london branch but i am in SOS. Does anyone think it feasible to arrange transport to the protest before the Blackpool game? I dont have a ticket but would like to lend my voice to the march
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline JURGENKLOPP

• Thou shalt not steal. (books, from St. Thomas More Catholic High School)
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #306 on: September 27, 2010, 02:30:15 PM »
I'm living in London now so will be able to make it to the next meeting, whenever that is.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #307 on: March 24, 2011, 12:12:21 PM »
Hi all

Details of the next SOS London Branch committee meeting:

Tuesday 5 April, 7.30pm at the Horseshoe Inn, Melior Street, i.e. the place where we had our first sweltering meeting last July. http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/14/14422/Horseshoe_Inn/London_Bridge

We hope to have someone from the main Committee attending, and an Agenda will be circulated early next week.

Obviously there will be a different tone to our 2 previous meetings but if you can, please do come along.

The pub's got decent tellies so anyone wanting to watch the 2nd half of Tottenham v Real can do so.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:29:57 PM by The 5th Benitle »

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #308 on: March 27, 2011, 05:31:04 PM »
Sound my week off, will try and pop down.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #309 on: March 27, 2011, 06:29:33 PM »
Fuck off Frank me old china plate ;D

Offline Cockney Kid

• Anny Roader
  • ^^^The founding father of total football.
« Reply #310 on: March 28, 2011, 11:34:51 AM »
I will try and make it down. Also hoping a couple of my mates will come down.
(will be in a gray jacket, with my spirit of shankly badge proudly on show) if anyone wants to say Hi. Probably not.
Quote from: David Maddock
It was only the action of the fans in exposing their plans that prevented it. Not the media, not the Football Association or the Premier League (who must now take a long, hard look at their rules), but the fans.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #311 on: March 28, 2011, 01:19:38 PM »
Do say hi. I am easily spotted as am the token Londoner on the committee ;D

Offline Cockney Kid

• Anny Roader
  • ^^^The founding father of total football.
« Reply #312 on: March 29, 2011, 09:20:22 AM »
Do say hi. I am easily spotted as am the token Londoner on the committee ;D
Im guessing you will be the one who goes by the name of James.

On a serious note. Do you/anyone know if anyone from the commite is coming down?
Quote from: David Maddock
It was only the action of the fans in exposing their plans that prevented it. Not the media, not the Football Association or the Premier League (who must now take a long, hard look at their rules), but the fans.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #313 on: March 29, 2011, 09:46:14 AM »
Im guessing you will be the one who goes by the name of James.

On a serious note. Do you/anyone know if anyone from the commite is coming down?
Almost certainly, we are waiting to find out which one.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #314 on: March 29, 2011, 11:31:33 AM »
Jon-Paul Hill, our Treasurer will be in attendance.

Steph (London Chair) has got all the latest information from Committee meetings etc. to share with members.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Hyypia77

• Boys Pen
« Reply #315 on: April 4, 2011, 07:39:30 PM »
weekend would be easier , but can probs do it during the week with enough notice
About the "This is Anfield" plaque:
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind
the opposition who they're playing against."

Bill Shankly