Author Topic: Android Phones - Apps and stuff  (Read 176298 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: Android Phones - Apps and stuff
« Reply #2520 on: June 12, 2019, 02:34:05 PM »
Ain't going right back through the thread but has anyone used Lucky Patcher?

https://www.luckypatchers.com/download/

Seems could be very useful for stopping ads etc

Used it years ago to skip ads and popups in aps. Used to work on a few of the older games and apps for in-app purchases (but I've been told that has long been patched out of google). Does mean you having to root your phone and it can be a bit of a faff getting it to work how you want. But in practice you can find patches versions of the games online if you know where to look

Right. After years with a Samsung S7 edge I am about to replace. I am not going to get myself tied to a contract and will buy another phone outright. I am not a technical wizard like some of you on here so need something that I understand quickly, has access to google play, takes really good pics and basically works the same as the samsung I am used to. Without buying another samsung until recently the Huawei Pro 20 looked a good choice but does that mean if I get one now that I won`t be able to use google play in the future ? The other option seems to be the One Plus 7 which seems to tick a lot of boxes but some reviews seem to suggest the camera isn`t up to the standard of the Pro 20.

So, if I go for a Huwaei is all this stuff in the news recently going to stop me using google play apps or access to them ? or should I go for the One Plus 7 anyway ?

All suggestions and advice welcomed !!

Huawei does have the vastly superior camera but the OnePlus 7 does take more than acceptable photos. If you just want a point and shoot camera then either are fine

In terms of google on Huawei, you will get still have access to the google apps and play store even when the worst of the trade deal kicks in. BUT what you will lose in future are google and Android updates. So when Android moves to version 10 you wont get those updates. You will also lose out on security patches for your phone making your phone technically open to security flaws. These will not be patched by Google/Huawei.

But I am like you in that I dont do contracts and buy my phone up front (well on a credit card and pay it down). I can only talk about Oneplus as I have had the 3 and 5T versions and cant fault them or their service (both have had screen burn issues and they were fixed by Oneplus for free).

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Believer
« Reply #2521 on: June 12, 2019, 04:15:10 PM »
Used it years ago to skip ads and popups in aps. Used to work on a few of the older games and apps for in-app purchases (but I've been told that has long been patched out of google). Does mean you having to root your phone and it can be a bit of a faff getting it to work how you want. But in practice you can find patches versions of the games online if you know where to look

Huawei does have the vastly superior camera but the OnePlus 7 does take more than acceptable photos. If you just want a point and shoot camera then either are fine

In terms of google on Huawei, you will get still have access to the google apps and play store even when the worst of the trade deal kicks in. BUT what you will lose in future are google and Android updates. So when Android moves to version 10 you wont get those updates. You will also lose out on security patches for your phone making your phone technically open to security flaws. These will not be patched by Google/Huawei.

But I am like you in that I dont do contracts and buy my phone up front (well on a credit card and pay it down). I can only talk about Oneplus as I have had the 3 and 5T versions and cant fault them or their service (both have had screen burn issues and they were fixed by Oneplus for free).

Many thanks for that. I really like the cameras on the Huawei but based on what you're saying about the future security flaws then clearly sensible choice is the Oneplus. I do want a really good camera. I currently take my SLR on holiday but frankly for days out with family etc it is a pain in the arse to lug about so want a phone with a camera which provides good images using the zoom etc.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline JasonF

• <witty tagline here>
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2522 on: June 12, 2019, 04:54:35 PM »
Apparently the Huawei Mate 20 Pro will have the next beta of Android Q. Whether it continues to receive the monthly security updates remains to be seen, likely depends on whether the executive order from Trump is rescinded, but for now it's the best supported phone I've had (and I owned the OnePlus One, 2 and 3T).

It's camera and battery life blow every other phone I've used out of the water. But again I've not tried anything else newer than the OnePlus 3T to compare it to.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Believer
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.
« Reply #2523 on: September 13, 2019, 10:34:11 PM »
Any decent apps to stream live football?
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2524 on: September 13, 2019, 10:42:23 PM »
Any decent apps to stream live football?

LivenetTv - Swift Streamz & Tv Tap are all you need & Mobdro if you have a vpn,they stop streaming to the UK when the footy is on,turn it back on after the footy.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill