Author Topic: The iPhone  (Read 794763 times)

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • RedOrDead
Re: The iPhone
« Reply #16880 on: September 13, 2019, 10:32:05 AM »
Cheers guys! Will just hold off then. Also does anyone know much about the battery capacity? I've noticed before I would leave for work at 8 and my phone would last me till bedtime but nowadays I'm lucky to get to about 7PM without needing to charge it. It's currently at 88% capacity.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Believer
  • Monty, you terrible c*nt!
« Reply #16881 on: September 13, 2019, 10:47:44 AM »
Cheers guys! Will just hold off then. Also does anyone know much about the battery capacity? I've noticed before I would leave for work at 8 and my phone would last me till bedtime but nowadays I'm lucky to get to about 7PM without needing to charge it. It's currently at 88% capacity.

88% isn't terrible but it's not fantastic either, think you were eligible for that free battery replacement program they did if it dropped to 80% iirc.

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #16882 on: September 13, 2019, 10:49:09 AM »
Update to the latest version of the software & double check settings to make sure nothing is running in the background. 88% really isnít bad depending on how youíve been using it so far.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #16883 on: September 13, 2019, 02:10:38 PM »
I've done all the updates and everything. 88% is alright currently to be honest. It's getting me through the work day and I just charge it when I get in the house. Just a bit annoying that I used to get a full day out of it before.

I've looked into the battery replacement program. Don't think that's a free service anymore. It's about £70 to get a new battery. I'll wait and see what it's like if it goes below 85%. If my phone start dying by 5PM then I'll probably just get the replacement battery.

Online Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #16884 on: September 13, 2019, 02:55:40 PM »
I've done all the updates and everything. 88% is alright currently to be honest. It's getting me through the work day and I just charge it when I get in the house. Just a bit annoying that I used to get a full day out of it before.

I've looked into the battery replacement program. Don't think that's a free service anymore. It's about £70 to get a new battery. I'll wait and see what it's like if it goes below 85%. If my phone start dying by 5PM then I'll probably just get the replacement battery.
Or get one of those battery packs to top up during the day

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #16885 on: September 18, 2019, 12:36:11 PM »
Got an iphone 7 from work. However I've managed to forget the passcode and Applie ID password. Just had an email from Apple support telling me I will get a call/text on 3 October when the account is ready to recover. Any ideas on how I can get around this? Tech support at work dont even have a bloody number to call them on...just pop us an email....
Keira 29/04/1999
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Claire.

• The Don. Giving it up for Lents. Too bright for most RAWK users. Getting antsy.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #16886 on: September 18, 2019, 02:41:32 PM »

in settings > battery you can see your battery health, and have a look what's using all your power if the health is pretty good.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #16887 on: September 18, 2019, 02:58:23 PM »
in settings > battery you can see your battery health, and have a look what's using all your power if the health is pretty good.

Facebook, Snapchat and Whatsapp running in the background seems to be the thing that's running the most. Over the last 10 days

Facebook- on screen is 5 hours 45 mins, background 4 hours 57 mins
Snapchat- on screen is 2 hours 16 mins, background 2 hours 49 mins
WhatsApp on screen is 2 hours 9 mins, background is 4 hr 4 mins

Is there a way to get these apps not to run in the backgroup but still receive notifications?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 03:00:36 PM by HeartAndSoul »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Believer
« Reply #16888 on: September 20, 2019, 10:41:20 AM »
iOS 13 is out, not a fan of dark mode so far as not many third party apps support it so it's pretty jarring going from black/dark grey to blinding white.

They also seem to be in the process of nobbling 3D Touch, which is annoying - haptic touch does 99% of the same thing but it's not pressure sensitive so there's no more peek & pop. Fair enough if they don't want it on the new phones but my phone still has the hardware so it's annoying that they're taking it away from everyone.

Do like the smaller volume HUD, and the swipe keyboard (which is long overdue).

It's pretty buggy, Photos crashes quite often I've noticed. 13.1 is out in a few days so it might be worth waiting for that.

Online T₂Ohcumallyefacefull

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16889 on: September 20, 2019, 12:55:14 PM »
I hate swipe keyboards.... I hope I can turn it off!
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline Snail

• Believer
« Reply #16890 on: September 20, 2019, 01:02:05 PM »
I hate swipe keyboards.... I hope I can turn it off!

It doesn't really affect using it as a normal keyboard as far as I can tell, it actually took me a while to work out how to do it ;D You just sort of... drag between letters, but it's difficult to do accidentally.

Online T₂Ohcumallyefacefull

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16891 on: September 20, 2019, 06:42:24 PM »
It doesn't really affect using it as a normal keyboard as far as I can tell, it actually took me a while to work out how to do it ;D You just sort of... drag between letters, but it's difficult to do accidentally.
Just annoys me.

I did some typing lessons at school so it just irks me.  I know loads of people love it mind
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Online Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Believer
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #16892 on: September 20, 2019, 08:34:14 PM »
Just annoys me.

I did some typing lessons at school so it just irks me.  I know loads of people love it mind
Same here.

I'm going to wait for ios 13.1 - can't be bothered with bugs

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Believer
  • Vamos
« Reply #16893 on: September 22, 2019, 10:07:19 AM »
Bloody hell its a huge leap from my old 7 to this 11

Donít seem to have had any problems with iOS 13 on it either so far

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #16894 on: October 2, 2019, 08:49:51 PM »
I dont like the update, seems to have made some simple take longer.

Offline Prince Elzar: Son of King Balthazar

• train station gate frustration
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Bam!
« Reply #16895 on: October 17, 2019, 11:24:32 AM »
Thinking of buying an 11pro, it's the one I like the size of best, and hoping it will keep for a few years.

Anyone got any reason not to? I'm shite with what phones to buy, and fed up of trying to research
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks