Author Topic: Mr Blessed & Mrs Barney say "NO Discussion of the Chains!" Game of Thrones  (Read 635484 times)

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Game of Thrones - The TV Show; Spoilers are Coming
« Reply #9720 on: July 19, 2017, 09:01:13 AM »
That price doesn't seem worth it to me. Cat would have kept the secret, I have doubt. She's not the sort to slip, anymore than Ned himself.

Wasn't it mostly down to Cat that the whole war started when she kidnapped Tyrion? I wouldn't have trusted her as somehow it would have slipped out.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #9721 on: July 19, 2017, 09:21:54 AM »
Loved Ramsays death but I also loved Ramsay as a character.

I adore evil little fuckers in shows like this, and he played it brilliantly aswell.

I'm with you, I love a villain and especially the nasty ones. Makes their ultimate demise all the more satisfying.

Ramsay, Joffers, Frey and Trant were the characters on GoT that had me groaning 'oh no' every time they appeared on screen (in a good way).

By the way, I've noticed the synopsis for next weeks episode warns of Violence and scenes of a sexual nature. Happy days, i thought the writers were going soft on us.  Less Ed Sheeren - more skull cracking and tits and bums.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Believer
« Reply #9722 on: July 19, 2017, 10:06:53 AM »
Wasn't it mostly down to Cat that the whole war started when she kidnapped Tyrion? I wouldn't have trusted her as somehow it would have slipped out.

Cersei killing the hand of the king and then Jaime throwing Bran out of the window are what started it, though Cat certainly didn't help.

I don't think Euron is going to offer Cersei Tyrion's head, he wants to ally with her so he can go after Tyrion, Theon, Yara and Dany alongside Cersei and her army, I don't see him trying to assassinate one of that lot without her.

That said, I have no idea what he'd be offering, maybe he'll kill the sand snakes as someone said earlier? I struggle to see him attacking anywhere else as most places are too difficult to attack from the sea.

Online Eel Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #9723 on: July 19, 2017, 10:15:55 AM »
Maybe the Night King doesn't even need to be next to the bodies he re-animates....?

A zombie Wun Wun marching towards the wall though would make literally no sense whatsoever.
Yeah, for thinking Kane is better than Torres/Bergkamp. Crazy opinion.

Online Schmidt

• Believer
« Reply #9724 on: July 19, 2017, 10:20:51 AM »
Maybe the Night King doesn't even need to be next to the bodies he re-animates....?

A zombie Wun Wun marching towards the wall though would make literally no sense whatsoever.

It didn't even look like Wun Wun and the actor playing that giant died recently, it wasn't him.

Offline Trada

• Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Believer
  • Merry Jezmas
« Reply #9725 on: July 19, 2017, 10:38:59 AM »
Sky Atlantic got over 2m viewers for the 2am showing of Game of Thrones thats massive for 2am behind the Sky paywall I bet there was even more watching illegal streams

Just imagine what the ratings would be on say the BBC if it was given the Taboo time slot 9pm on a Saturday night I imagine the ratings would be big, but sadly it will never be.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 10:48:45 AM by Trada »
“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.”

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

Online Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Believer
« Reply #9726 on: July 19, 2017, 10:48:02 AM »
Ed fucking Sheeran, dear me.  Straight after the Jim Broadbent scene as well.
He's got a tattoo on his wrist that says "I hate blackie blackie blackie blacks, and I fucking love handballing it into the opponent's goal and away from my own goal, and biting people, and kicking young kids in the bollocks when they ask for autographs. And diving. I fucking love that."

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truthiness
« Reply #9727 on: July 19, 2017, 11:16:12 AM »
You want a list of character deaths on GoT along with how they died? Of course you don't!
Well here's one anyway. 

http://theweek.com/articles/711126/game-thrones-book-dead
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Believer
« Reply #9728 on: July 19, 2017, 11:22:41 AM »
He may as well have looked directly into the camera it was that out of place..

Apart from that it was a decent warm up episode I thought. I really need to go back and watch it from scratch again but it's such a commitment. Might delve into the books soon.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #9729 on: July 19, 2017, 12:05:18 PM »
The close up was of undead Wun Wun wasn't it. He had an eye out.

Of course its plausible that they reanimated giants

Definitely wasn't Wun Wun.  Common sense there.

Also wasn't the giants at the wall.  Doesn't make sense geographically.

Clearly over the years, there's been a lot more giants north of the wall than just Wun Wun and the others at the wall.

Also we probably haven't seen the full army of the dead yet, but now we will with the marching toward the wall.

These giants could have been resurrected years ago.....when there was more giants wandering around.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
« Reply #9730 on: July 19, 2017, 03:28:10 PM »
Cersei killing the hand of the king and then Jaime throwing Bran out of the window are what started it, though Cat certainly didn't help.

I don't think Euron is going to offer Cersei Tyrion's head, he wants to ally with her so he can go after Tyrion, Theon, Yara and Dany alongside Cersei and her army, I don't see him trying to assassinate one of that lot without her.

That said, I have no idea what he'd be offering, maybe he'll kill the sand snakes as someone said earlier? I struggle to see him attacking anywhere else as most places are too difficult to attack from the sea.

Littlefinger manipulated Lysa into killing Jon Arryn.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Schmidt

• Believer
« Reply #9731 on: July 19, 2017, 03:34:14 PM »
Littlefinger manipulated Lysa into killing Jon Arryn.

Ah shit of course, I forgot about that. Wasn't Cersei involved though as Jon had learned about her and Jaime? I thought she got Littlefinger to do that for her (plus he had his own motivations for it), I could be wrong though as it's been a while.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Believer
« Reply #9732 on: July 19, 2017, 03:36:35 PM »
Definitely wasn't Wun Wun.  Common sense there.

Also wasn't the giants at the wall.  Doesn't make sense geographically.

Clearly over the years, there's been a lot more giants north of the wall than just Wun Wun and the others at the wall.

Also we probably haven't seen the full army of the dead yet, but now we will with the marching toward the wall.

These giants could have been resurrected years ago.....when there was more giants wandering around.

Wun Wun was the last of the known giants,Mag the mighty and Dongo died when they tried to breach the wall at Castle Black.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Believer
« Reply #9733 on: July 19, 2017, 03:41:55 PM »
Ah shit of course, I forgot about that. Wasn't Cersei involved though as Jon had learned about her and Jaime? I thought she got Littlefinger to do that for her (plus he had his own motivations for it), I could be wrong though as it's been a while.

No,Lysa sent Catelyn a letter blaming the Lannisters but that was just part of the fingers bigger scheme,he is now defacto head of that house.If he could talk Sansa into his bed the next one to have an 'accident' would be Robin Arryn.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #9734 on: July 19, 2017, 03:45:56 PM »
Wun Wun was the last of the known giants,Mag the mighty and Dongo died when they tried to breach the wall at Castle Black.

Yep.....known giants.  Who knows what the night king came across in the wilderness beyond the wall - more giants?

Anyway, bottom line, they're not any of the 3 giants mentioned in your post, so there were obviously more that had been killed at some point and resurrected.

Offline Trada

• Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Believer
  • Merry Jezmas
« Reply #9735 on: July 19, 2017, 03:48:45 PM »
The White walkers seem to be marching around in circles weren't they first shown reaching the wall in series 2?
“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.”

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Believer
« Reply #9736 on: July 19, 2017, 04:00:04 PM »
The White walkers seem to be marching around in circles weren't they first shown reaching the wall in series 2?

They scouting party weren't far off in the very first episode.

Offline oojason

• Official Biscan fan #23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Awkward Squad
« Reply #9737 on: July 19, 2017, 04:01:19 PM »

I think that was at The Fist Of The First Men in season 2 mate - though they've been on the march collecting more 'undead' since to grow their army, and are now marching on The Wall...
a Useful Links post to help us all follow the RedMen & footy in general; for tv, radio, streams, IPTV, goal videos, incidents, highlights, full game replays - as well as news, line-ups, latest scores, interviews & more...

Offline JongWK

• Believer
« Reply #9738 on: July 19, 2017, 04:02:23 PM »
Bastard

My fucking ASDA delivery came like two minutes into it, the sloppy fucker. Anything else happen around that sort of time?

There was a cold open with the Freys.

"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #9739 on: July 19, 2017, 04:07:46 PM »
Bastard

My fucking ASDA delivery came like two minutes into it, the sloppy fucker. Anything else happen around that sort of time?

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Awkward Squad
« Reply #9740 on: July 19, 2017, 04:20:20 PM »
Bastard

2mins 30 secs into this video is the start of 7x01 -
a Useful Links post to help us all follow the RedMen & footy in general; for tv, radio, streams, IPTV, goal videos, incidents, highlights, full game replays - as well as news, line-ups, latest scores, interviews & more...

Online Eel Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #9741 on: July 19, 2017, 04:56:50 PM »
There was a cold open with the Freys.

Yeah saw that bit, thought it was excellent. Think I missed a bit of Jon/Sansa talking in a meeting and then whatever this march of the white walkers was.
Yeah, for thinking Kane is better than Torres/Bergkamp. Crazy opinion.

Offline Brian Blessed

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #9742 on: July 19, 2017, 05:22:42 PM »
Yeah saw that bit, thought it was excellent. Think I missed a bit of Jon/Sansa talking in a meeting and then whatever this march of the white walkers was.
That meeting

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Believer
« Reply #9743 on: July 19, 2017, 07:28:07 PM »
I'm fully behind Queen Cersei.

Finding both Daenerys and Jon too vanilla these days.

This view seemingly has alienated me with work colleagues when opinions were sought on Tuesday morning on who should sit on the throne when it all ends.

Fuck em all I say !!

Always got to be some people that root for the bad guys!   :D

Offline S

• pineless
  • Believer
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #9744 on: July 19, 2017, 08:09:16 PM »
I'm fully behind Queen Cersei.

Finding both Daenerys and Jon too vanilla these days.

This view seemingly has alienated me with work colleagues when opinions were sought on Tuesday morning on who should sit on the throne when it all ends.

Fuck em all I say !!

Always got to be some people that root for the bad guys!   :D
I wouldn't mind seeing that. Everybody is so sure she and the Lannister name are going to fall, I'd love her to see off the contenders.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #9745 on: July 19, 2017, 08:26:19 PM »
as long as Daenerys dies i'll be happy, so saying that she will no doubt be victorious.
choose Life.

Offline Brian Blessed

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #9746 on: July 19, 2017, 08:30:31 PM »
I think she will win, with the finale between her dragons and the white walkers. The book series title gives it away.

Offline ericthered10

• Believer
« Reply #9747 on: July 19, 2017, 08:51:30 PM »
Euron looked exactly like a rebellious captain of a fleet should look. Everyone else in the throne room is usually immaculately turned out, he's a nice contrast. Of what little we've seen of him so far I think he's great.
His look was straight out of the Bam Margera collection.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #9748 on: July 19, 2017, 08:54:45 PM »
I think she will win, with the finale between her dragons and the white walkers. The book series title gives it away.

Yeah it seems that way.
choose Life.

Offline Brian Blessed

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #9749 on: July 19, 2017, 08:55:06 PM »
His look was straight out of the Bam Margera collection.
I had no idea who that is, so I googled. Apparently you aren't the only one who thinks that!

http://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/game-of-thrones-euron-bam-margera-2112659

Offline ericthered10

• Believer
« Reply #9750 on: July 19, 2017, 08:58:44 PM »
I had no idea who that is, so I googled. Apparently you aren't the only one who thinks that!

http://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/game-of-thrones-euron-bam-margera-2112659
Damn, here I was thinking my joke was special.

Offline Brian Blessed

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #9751 on: July 20, 2017, 01:03:13 AM »
It has been pointed out that in the map room scene Cersei is standing on a spot called "The Neck" and Jamie is standing by a place called "The Fingers", alluding to the prophecy that a younger brother will strangle her.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Awkward Squad
« Reply #9752 on: July 20, 2017, 01:18:43 AM »

The superb 'Alt Shift X' has been busy and put up his video on the 1st episode of season 7... (obviously don't watch until you've seen the 1st episode of this season)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/x6kqVusK26c" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/x6kqVusK26c</a>
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 01:44:51 AM by oojason »

Offline Redcap

• Believer
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #9753 on: July 20, 2017, 02:22:27 AM »
It has been pointed out that in the map room scene Cersei is standing on a spot called "The Neck" and Jamie is standing by a place called "The Fingers", alluding to the prophecy that a younger brother will strangle her.

That's a beautiful spot for book readers.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed
  • Believer
« Reply #9754 on: July 20, 2017, 09:27:03 AM »

It could also be a reference to Jon Snow's lineage - the marriage of Ice and Fire.  Snow will be the ultimate victor, I feel.

Offline leftfooter

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #9755 on: July 20, 2017, 04:00:16 PM »
It could also be a reference to Jon Snow's lineage - the marriage of Ice and Fire.  Snow will be the ultimate victor, I feel.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Believer
« Reply #9756 on: July 20, 2017, 06:29:14 PM »
No one is thinking about the dragons as being the next potential major death. I can see one being offed by a White Walker, or maybe even Euron.

Offline jillc

• Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9757 on: July 20, 2017, 06:29:27 PM »
as long as Daenerys dies i'll be happy, so saying that she will no doubt be victorious.

Well if we're having a free for all, I'm with Team Targaryen, it even sounds good. Anyone wanting her demise I hope she sends the dragons after you.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline FaitAccompli

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9758 on: July 20, 2017, 08:41:44 PM »
It didn't even look like Wun Wun and the actor playing that giant died recently, it wasn't him.

The actor who played Mag the Mighty died, the actor who played Wun Wun is still alive.

Doesn't matter though as it's not going to be either of them.

Offline Lastrador

• Believer
  • "Tackling is for losers"
« Reply #9759 on: July 20, 2017, 08:51:37 PM »
Not that is too important for the history, but what will happen to the Boltons seat? It's one of the most important castles in the north and one of the most unbreachable according to the books.