Author Topic: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)  (Read 323329 times)

Offline aaronaldo

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
Re: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #4081 on: December 5, 2013, 12:53:29 PM »
ipod Touch 5th Gen.... mate wants one for his daughter & knows zero about em....  :o

I'm non to gen'd up on the too, to be honest .. so any quick pointers... cheap offers... best place to shop for them etc.. (are they around £200 for 16/32 Gb)

Thanks in advance for any help.....  ::)
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Believer
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #4082 on: December 6, 2013, 05:25:42 AM »
Just thought that you all should know, FIFA has just released an official app called, creatively, "FIFA Official App"  ;)

Apparently offers some kind of coverage on the WC draws tomorrow. It's more than just some app that they've thrown out for the draw tomorrow though, it apparently offers Football news, lives scores for many many clubs and all nations and access to FIFA rankings. It actually seems like a good little app, have it set to show scores for Germany, USA, England, Liverpool and the Sounders and got all that set up in under 5 minutes. Still will probably be sticking to Live Score Addicts (if you haven't already gotten it, I HIGHLY recommend it) for live scores, but this FIFA app is interesting at the least. Will be interesting to see if they just end up abandoning it after a few months or if they stick with it, because it certainly has potential.
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline carl5363

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4083 on: December 6, 2013, 02:15:01 PM »
Just thought that you all should know, FIFA has just released an official app called, creatively, "FIFA Official App"  ;)

Apparently offers some kind of coverage on the WC draws tomorrow. It's more than just some app that they've thrown out for the draw tomorrow though, it apparently offers Football news, lives scores for many many clubs and all nations and access to FIFA rankings. It actually seems like a good little app, have it set to show scores for Germany, USA, England, Liverpool and the Sounders and got all that set up in under 5 minutes. Still will probably be sticking to Live Score Addicts (if you haven't already gotten it, I HIGHLY recommend it) for live scores, but this FIFA app is interesting at the least. Will be interesting to see if they just end up abandoning it after a few months or if they stick with it, because it certainly has potential.

Cheers for this, loving it.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4084 on: December 6, 2013, 09:03:02 PM »
Want a iPad to watch Sky Go, surf the net and play the odd app.

Would a mini suffice or is a normal one better for watching footie?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4085 on: December 6, 2013, 09:57:22 PM »
Get the bigger one if you can.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Bam!
« Reply #4086 on: December 6, 2013, 09:59:36 PM »
Cheers for this, loving it.

I also recommend Eurosport Live Score app. Recently updated it all and it's not brilliant and very easy to navigate.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline scoresagain

• Believer
« Reply #4087 on: December 8, 2013, 12:00:52 AM »
Has anyone bought a replacement screen (digitizer) off one of the sellers on eBay? Is it worth it or is it money down the drain?
« Last Edit: December 8, 2013, 12:06:42 AM by scoresagain »

Offline Walshy nMe®

• Pretty in Pink. Predicted Chelsea 4 or 5 or 6, Barnsley 0 but not proud of that fact.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Legend
« Reply #4088 on: December 8, 2013, 11:28:06 AM »
I have. Got mine from amazon though. As long as you know what you're doing it's a very simple job.

Offline francobones

• Main Stander
« Reply #4089 on: December 8, 2013, 01:15:11 PM »
Buy the full digitizer/LCD assembly as it's as simple as undoing 2 screws, removing screen and attaching 3 connectors, otherwise a digitizer only replacement is a ball ache it costs a bit more, about 20 quid but worth it

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4090 on: December 8, 2013, 05:30:19 PM »
Ticket To Ride on the iPad. Thank me later.

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Believer
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #4091 on: December 9, 2013, 06:33:15 PM »
Evening techies of RAWK.

The wife and I have just got our first piece of Apple kit and to be honest I don't really know where to start. Aside from the usual Facebook, Twitter etc what other apps should we get? Obviously we'll have some non iTunes content which we would to put on so an app for that would be great.

Nice one!
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Online Tepid T₂O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4092 on: December 9, 2013, 06:35:16 PM »
Evening techies of RAWK.

The wife and I have just got our first piece of Apple kit and to be honest I don't really know where to start. Aside from the usual Facebook, Twitter etc what other apps should we get? Obviously we'll have some non iTunes content which we would to put on so an app for that would be great.

Nice one!
Download pages, keynote, iPhoto, and iMovie for free (if your device is new).
All good bits of software.

TV catchup is well worth it, and skygo if you have sky.

Iplayee app too
« Last Edit: December 9, 2013, 06:36:52 PM by Sleighbells »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

With courage, nothing is impossible.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Believer
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #4093 on: December 9, 2013, 06:39:18 PM »
Ok, i would like to flash my other halfs iphone4. The new update fucked its Wi-Fi up. Whats the easiest way?
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4094 on: December 9, 2013, 06:44:44 PM »
TV catchup is well worth it

Thats shite now to be honest, was once good but hardly got any channels since it lost the court case.

If you have Sky then Sky Go and the Sky Remote app are great. Zeebox is a good TV Guide.

If you read a lot of blogs then Feedly is a great reader.

If you aren't a fan of the offy Twitter app (I'm not) then Hootsuite is a good alternative.

Whatapp is a good alternative to iMessage as lets you send texts/photos/vids free to each other and others using the app.

Shazam is great for identifying a clip of music.

BBC Weather app is better than the normal iPhone one I find.

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Believer
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #4095 on: December 9, 2013, 07:25:35 PM »
Any good sites where you can search for and download ebooks?
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline bruffell06

• Believer
« Reply #4096 on: December 10, 2013, 09:27:34 AM »
Ok, i would like to flash my other halfs iphone4. The new update fucked its Wi-Fi up. Whats the easiest way?

Fucked it up in what way? Cant connect to it anymore?

Same happened to my girlfriends, she took it the Apple shop and said they couldn't fix it. It was just recently out of warranty but they said because of EU Consumer Law or something it has to be fit for purpose for 2 years. So they gave her a document to take to Phones4U basically saying it cannot be repaired and got it replaced free of charge

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Believer
« Reply #4097 on: December 10, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »
The Wi-Fi wont work. The button ( slider ) is always greyed out. Shop said it can be sent off as its passed its 12 month warranty and will cost £130 i think. She said she has encountered a few of these issues. We have shit network coverage at home so it would be good if she could connect to our home network.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline bruffell06

• Believer
« Reply #4098 on: December 10, 2013, 09:43:25 AM »
The Wi-Fi wont work. The button ( slider ) is always greyed out. Shop said it can be sent off as its passed its 12 month warranty and will cost £130 i think. She said she has encountered a few of these issues. We have shit network coverage at home so it would be good if she could connect to our home network.

Yeah that's what happened to my girlfriends, the grey slider was permanently greyed out. Apparently it's a pretty common problem with the 4. And when it comes to thing like upgrading the software it overheats and fries the wifi chip
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 09:46:43 AM by bruffell06 »

• RAWK Remembers
  • Believer
« Reply #4099 on: December 10, 2013, 09:47:20 AM »
Ah ok, thanks for that. I was just gonna see if it could be fixed. Its her work phone so they will replace it but its the hassle of being without it etc and all the compromising pictures of me that are on there ;)

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4100 on: December 11, 2013, 10:47:43 AM »
This is a question on behalf of my missus and yes we're both technologically challenged.

She has an ipad 2, mainly uses it for facebook but anytime she tries to watch a video that someone has posted it wont let her play it, saying she needs to download adobe flash player, but when she tries to download this it says it isnt supported for this device. I've tried to download a couple of other video player type things but these dont seem to work.

So, what can i do to solve this little dilemna of hers?

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #4101 on: December 11, 2013, 10:59:06 AM »
This is a question on behalf of my missus and yes we're both technologically challenged.

She has an ipad 2, mainly uses it for facebook but anytime she tries to watch a video that someone has posted it wont let her play it, saying she needs to download adobe flash player, but when she tries to download this it says it isnt supported for this device. I've tried to download a couple of other video player type things but these dont seem to work.

So, what can i do to solve this little dilemna of hers?

Apple devices don't support Flash, so if the videos are encoded in flash then they can't be played.

If she is using the Facebook app then she shouldn't have an issue as think they encode the videos in a way that can be played on the iPad. Saying that I also thought they did it on the website too.

If she really wants to use the website and watch flash videos then can download Puffin Browser which allows Flash to be played.

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4102 on: December 11, 2013, 11:34:15 AM »
I've ipad 2 with the facebook app and no problem watching any of the videos.... From websites though it's a different story?

As said above, is she using the facebook app or through the facebook website?
What we achieve in life, echoes in eternity

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4103 on: December 11, 2013, 07:36:18 PM »
she just uses the website, i'll tell her to download the app and use it,

cheers lads, appreciate the help

Offline Livbes

• Believer
« Reply #4104 on: December 12, 2013, 09:18:44 PM »
Dunno if this is the right place but I bought the last series of Luther and half way through the 3rd episode the sound and picture are about 2 secs out of sync. I have got rid and downloaded again but it still happens at the same part.

Any ideas how to sort it? Gracias.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4105 on: January 3, 2014, 09:31:48 PM »
Just got an Ipad Air and need some decent games to play other than the more common ones like candy crush

Offline carl5363

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4106 on: January 4, 2014, 10:07:48 AM »
Just got an Ipad Air and need some decent games to play other than the more common ones like candy crush

Football Manager, Stick Cricket & 8 Ball Pool.

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Believer
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #4107 on: January 5, 2014, 10:17:15 PM »
Not sure if it's considered a "common" one, but The Simpsons: Tapped Out is certainly worth a go. It's free, so if it's not your thing you won't have regrets, now if it is your thing there might be a few regrets  ;)
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Believer
« Reply #4108 on: January 6, 2014, 11:29:58 AM »
Cartoon HD is free at the moment - led to believe it used to be about 20 quid!
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Believer
  • Vamos
« Reply #4109 on: January 6, 2014, 04:59:59 PM »
That Cartoon HD seems to be highly dodgy with regards to its legality - how did it get approved for the AppStore?

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Believer
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #4110 on: January 6, 2014, 05:47:48 PM »
Download golf star absolutely boss
He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4111 on: January 6, 2014, 09:16:14 PM »
That Cartoon HD seems to be highly dodgy with regards to its legality - how did it get approved for the AppStore?
It certainbly does look dodgy. I'm watching dispicable Me 2 on it!

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4112 on: January 6, 2014, 09:20:58 PM »
Can anyone help me out with this problem I'm having with ITunes and my Ipod? I've tried googling but all the answers are poor and not working so far.

I've recently bought some songs off the store and I synced them to my Ipod then when I went onto my Ipod to listen to the songs there was duplicates of each song? How do I delete them even if there only showing as 1 song as normal on ITunes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4113 on: January 6, 2014, 09:26:55 PM »
Can anyone help me out with this problem I'm having with ITunes and my Ipod? I've tried googling but all the answers are poor and not working so far.

I've recently bought some songs off the store and I synced them to my Ipod then when I went onto my Ipod to listen to the songs there was duplicates of each song? How do I delete them even if there only showing as 1 song as normal on ITunes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Which iPod have you got?
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4114 on: January 6, 2014, 09:50:32 PM »
Which iPod have you got?

Ipod Touch. The one before the newest out.

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4115 on: January 6, 2014, 09:58:48 PM »

Ipod Touch. The one before the newest out.

Open the music app find the duplicate song swipe left and select delete
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4116 on: January 6, 2014, 10:10:59 PM »
Open the music app find the duplicate song swipe left and select delete

:butt How simple that was just done it mate! Nice one haha  :)

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4117 on: January 6, 2014, 10:11:43 PM »
By the way I got CartoonHD before for free after I got informed of it but keep on getting a no connection error message when I load it up :(

Online keano7

• Believer
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #4118 on: January 6, 2014, 10:13:50 PM »
By the way I got CartoonHD before for free after I got informed of it but keep on getting a no connection error message when I load it up :(
Same with mine but close the app completely, re-open and it should work! I think with the amount of users who have jumped on the bandwagon over the last few days its going to be a bit laggy.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Swissgaz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #4119 on: January 6, 2014, 10:14:20 PM »

:butt How simple that was just done it mate! Nice one haha  :)

Easy when you know how.