Author Topic: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread  (Read 56261 times)

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread
« Reply #560 on: August 5, 2019, 11:53:05 AM »
Cancelled mine about a week ago.  They've called me about 15 times since.  I haven't answered.  The next time they call I'm going to say "Yes, I'll come back if you give me an upgrade to Sky Q multiroom, sports, cinema and Sky+ and free installation for £55 a month for 18 months."
No dice but no biggie.  I'll sign up as a new customer next year. At least they've stopped calling me now!  ;D
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #561 on: August 5, 2019, 12:01:12 PM »
I have been with SKY for years and have HD + boxes, apparently they are offering me under VIP an upgrade to SKY Q with just the installation costs.
But don't you really need a 4K TV to get the real benefit? I have 2 good large screen TVs but they are just 1080HD one's.
Though they are perfectly good HD pictures.

The other thing is I have quite a few movies downloaded onto my current boxes with several of the movies now not free to download again.
Several are now at least £7.99 , that's one think that annoys me with SKY for the monthly charge you should be able to download any movie you want without paying extra for it.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Believer
« Reply #562 on: August 5, 2019, 12:15:55 PM »
But don't you really need a 4K TV to get the real benefit?

I ran Sky Q on a Sony 1080P TV for a good 12-18 months before I got a 4K TV. In my opinion the Q boxes are a lot better. They're smaller and the software is much better than on the Sky+HD boxes. If you've got Sky Broadband they also act as a WiFi extender (although I've personally disabled this).

Offline Claire.

• The Don. Giving it up for Lents. Too bright for most RAWK users. Getting antsy.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #563 on: August 5, 2019, 12:40:18 PM »
You don't need a 4K TV no, but if you are planning on getting it in the future make sure you get the 2TB box cos they don't do it on the other one.

UHD costs extra on sky, and it's only available on certain channels through a sort of red button type selection. You can download in UHD but not record for example. The content is improving all the time and there's quite a lot of movies, big file sizes though, like 15gb for a film.

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #564 on: October 7, 2019, 01:18:42 PM »
Anyone got a new customer offer?

Moving my Nan over from Virgin as she finds it really hard to use!

Offline jillc

• Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #565 on: November 1, 2019, 06:32:25 PM »
A friend at work has just allowed me to sign in to his account to watch Netflix. When I have tried to go in on my TV, it keeps coming up with me needing a Sky Plan. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is there anyway I can use Netflix without needing one?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #566 on: November 1, 2019, 08:14:16 PM »
A friend at work has just allowed me to sign in to his account to watch Netflix. When I have tried to go in on my TV, it keeps coming up with me needing a Sky Plan. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is there anyway I can use Netflix without needing one?
You don’t need a sky plan to watch Netflix ....
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #567 on: November 1, 2019, 09:26:10 PM »
Are you trying to sign in via your Sky Q?

Offline jillc

• Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #568 on: November 2, 2019, 12:07:23 AM »
Are you trying to sign in via your Sky Q?

I have solved it now. Thanks everyone.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"