Author Topic: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread - Over 1000 Pages of Wisdom For Young Uns!  (Read 2892387 times)

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Believer
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread.
« Reply #39800 on: June 4, 2015, 08:42:39 PM »
I'm supposing that just like everything else that changes in what used to be our game, our old ways of watching and following will eventually become a phased-out process over time.
The less of us old arses that go, the less will be the notice paid to us.

The new age football fan will by the progress of time ultimately accede - and most will not have a fuckin' clue about who, what, if or even how yesterday's fans used to follow the club back in the day.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2015, 04:53:00 AM by JohnnoWhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Believer
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #39801 on: June 4, 2015, 09:08:35 PM »
The new age football fan will by the progress of time ultimately rule supreme  - and have not a fuckin' clue about who, what, if or even how yesterday's fans used to follow the club back in the day.

To be fair there are some who still do, and even some younger fans who appreciate it, even if none are to be seen round here.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Believer
« Reply #39802 on: June 4, 2015, 09:43:47 PM »
Disco Tex and the Sexolettes got me remembering this classic performance on TOTP

http://youtu.be/wG9z61JaAtE

Loved it then and love it now.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2015, 09:49:46 PM by kopite.keith »
When in Rome...

Online jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse "Ridiculously cool" -TAW-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice for Neda
« Reply #39803 on: June 4, 2015, 10:14:17 PM »
To be fair there are some who still do, and even some younger fans who appreciate it, even if none are to be seen round here.

A young 20 something Swiss lad on here hooked me up in Basel and I set him and his mate up for a visit arranfield.

They had a great time and the one lad I know is a terrific Red and steeped (a little more so now) in some, soon to be even more, of our tradition.
Entitlement: the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #39804 on: June 5, 2015, 02:33:35 AM »
That's right, and I didn't mean the kids. Some of the young lads at the match are great, no different than we were. It's the knitters and the booers, I can't take. And Mr Cameron the West Villa or was it Aston Ham fan.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Believer
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #39805 on: June 5, 2015, 04:47:31 AM »
Still no sign of the football apocalypse we so eagerly await though, unless this FIFA thing starts some kind of chain reaction with even more hilarious consequences than we're seeing already.
Scepticism is the chastity of the intellect.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Believer
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #39806 on: June 5, 2015, 04:57:17 AM »

Think in due course John, today's good young uns'll go down the same road as many of us are going (or have already gone) down today. :'( :'( :(
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Believer
« Reply #39807 on: June 5, 2015, 05:20:45 AM »
I just wouldn't let the absolute gobshites that populate this forum blurr the veiw of what happens on the road with Liverpool though, yer there are some c*nts out there but most are sound understand and have respect for what it is all about.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #39808 on: June 5, 2015, 05:29:58 AM »
One of the best posts I've read in here in ages.  Thanks for sharing that FS.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Believer
« Reply #39809 on: June 5, 2015, 05:37:58 AM »
Then you go out there and see the Mike Marsh thread, fucken knobs they are.

Marshy should be an example of what the staff of the club are about but these pricks think that they are bringing in some 'big name' to replace him. Right through from turning up from Kirkby town, Marshy has done things the right way, progressing under Rafa, Kenny and Rodgers you would think that he has done everything that you would be looking for in a coach progressing through the ranks but not for these c*nts.

Fuck knows what these c*nts in here would have made of the likes of Bob, Joe, Ronnie and Roy career back room staff steeped in the club they'd have been happier with Jimmy Greaves, St John and Alan Hudson. Knobs

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #39810 on: June 5, 2015, 10:31:58 AM »
It's became the entertainment of the masses. Karl Marx would have a name for it, Bread and Circuses or something. Fucking telly constant none stop... SHOCK! HORROR! Sepp Bladder's a robber.

Now there's a surprise, eh. How about them telling us what thieves are writing the laws of this country? That'd be a shock. And I know that's a load of bollocks when just talking about going the match, but that's what they turned it into. And it's just going to keep getting worse. I mentioned me mates brother a few pages back, aul Georgie Gold, hasn't missed a home game since the 50's. In fact, he'll be down soon. I can't wait to have an argument with him. It's one of the funniest highlights of my summers. But he won't move anywhere while the season is on. Really funny old bastard he is. And I know a few other lads. But once these are gone, well, that's it.

John, you're probably the last of the line, maybe one more generation after you. But if football doesn't implode or get taken over by some RollerBallDeathRaceHungerGame thing, you'll probably never see the same face twice at the match. And that's what they want. Give it a few more years, European Super League and nobody but the knitters and booers will be there, waving their little free plassie flags, watching the cheer leaders, then going for another hotdog as the tannoy blasts out Snooker Loopy, or maybe they'll keep YNWA just to make the match going experience a bit more traditional for the knitters.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Believer
« Reply #39811 on: June 5, 2015, 01:29:17 PM »
Going on about blood donations and the restrictions on Radio 2 now.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Believer
« Reply #39812 on: June 5, 2015, 02:40:50 PM »
How did Kimberley have a say in the 1978 world cup finals?

Offline Fat Scouser

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #39813 on: June 5, 2015, 03:45:22 PM »
Going on about blood donations and the restrictions on Radio 2 now.
Bit late for that, by 40 odd years. I've been looking into it a bit... shocking, terrible tragic stories. But here's the rub, the huge Pharmacutical Corporations that done it, won't pay a penny in compo. The NHS will foot the bill. And that will just be another nail in the Health Service's coffin and the same Corporations are the very ones that will rob it.

It's a wicked tangled web. I get called a conspiracy theory nutcase by some people, but there's no theory about it. It's conspiracy and the government are conspiring right now behind closed doors with the TTIPer's.

I could do with one of them savvy young kids right now. I want to put a few things on youtube. I've spent the last two days at it, and haven't been able to post a thing. I'm just mad enough to think that's a conspiracy. I tried to put up a music video just to see, and it flew on. But the thing I've got about the blood scandal and TTIP will not load.

Snoopers charter been rushed through... "You have nothing to worry about if you're not doing anything wrong." But we've already been warned they won't be "passively tolerant" anymore, even when we are acting within the law. And right now, TTIP is getting pushed through and it's that secret, anybody comes out of them meetings and breathes one word or shows one word of a document... nicked and jailed.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Believer
« Reply #39814 on: June 5, 2015, 04:13:12 PM »
This TTIP thing is probably the biggest invitation for a corrupt government (is there any other kind?) and corrupt corporations (are there any other kind?) to get together and empty the pot into each other's pockets. Austerity? You ain't seen nothing yet.
By the way Leo, conspiracy theorist? People refuse to believe that these people really are as evil as they are, it's something in most of us that wants to believe we're not really that bad. Unfortunately it's too late when they realise the truth and they've been turned over.
When in Rome...

Offline only6times

• Believer
« Reply #39815 on: June 5, 2015, 11:08:09 PM »
Bit late for that, by 40 odd years. I've been looking into it a bit... shocking, terrible tragic stories. But here's the rub, the huge Pharmacutical Corporations that done it, won't pay a penny in compo. The NHS will foot the bill. And that will just be another nail in the Health Service's coffin and the same Corporations are the very ones that will rob it.

It's a wicked tangled web. I get called a conspiracy theory nutcase by some people, but there's no theory about it. It's conspiracy and the government are conspiring right now behind closed doors with the TTIPer's.

I could do with one of them savvy young kids right now. I want to put a few things on youtube. I've spent the last two days at it, and haven't been able to post a thing. I'm just mad enough to think that's a conspiracy. I tried to put up a music video just to see, and it flew on. But the thing I've got about the blood scandal and TTIP will not load.

Snoopers charter been rushed through... "You have nothing to worry about if you're not doing anything wrong." But we've already been warned they won't be "passively tolerant" anymore, even when we are acting within the law. And right now, TTIP is getting pushed through and it's that secret, anybody comes out of them meetings and breathes one word or shows one word of a document... nicked and jailed.

That's what put me onto it, you and loads like you suffering, Maybe email that galoot Vine and tell him you may be his last chance and the soft c*nt might bite.

Offline only6times

• Believer
« Reply #39816 on: June 5, 2015, 11:22:32 PM »
Saw Thatcher twat me arl fella and his mates in Dunlops and how it made a proud man fall when i was 8. Thought "fuck that" and got clued up. Became a steward at 25 but fuck me, I had more arguments with the "Skilled men" than I did woth the management! ( worse than women).

As it conspired, I was a fucking good steward and had the c*nts tied in knots but personnel things  and fambo made me give it up. Got some good young lads in work who I give the bullets to and hopefully they keep it going.

Hate lads from working class families giving it the "Polish blah blah" so educate them and they soon see the light..

Turn us against each other and we don't attack them. BASTARDS!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTW0y6kazWM  4 mites 3 seconds in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txrILqlaUlE  2.30 in

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #39817 on: June 5, 2015, 11:23:59 PM »
With regards to Fats and his blood stuff,as most of you know I was in the RAF,served during the First Gulf War,I was lucky as I was scheduled to do a tour in the Falklands at the time so admin as it is I got sent there regardless to the fact my trade was needed,the rest of my mates got sent to the Gulf and had to take all sorts of pills and get injected with all sorts of crap (WMD's) some are still not fully healthy now.

Offline only6times

• Believer
« Reply #39818 on: June 5, 2015, 11:28:54 PM »

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #39819 on: June 5, 2015, 11:33:39 PM »
Just been made redundant,the Unions fought hard to save the factory and have done for years,they were hindered by the fact most here(Belgium) won't go on strike as they are scared for the mortgage payment.They done the best they could and got an agreement to save the factory, if we took a pay cut,2 years later Ford ignored the agreement and close the plant.So who is at fault,yes you've guessed it the Union...

Far too many people believe what the press say!   

Offline only6times

• Believer
« Reply #39820 on: June 5, 2015, 11:34:18 PM »
With regards to Fats and his blood stuff,as most of you know I was in the RAF,served during the First Gulf War,I was lucky as I was scheduled to do a tour in the Falklands at the time so admin as it is I got sent there regardless to the fact my trade was needed,the rest of my mates got sent to the Gulf and had to take all sorts of pills and get injected with all sorts of crap (WMD's) some are still not fully healthy now.
For Queen and cuntry. Lads like yourself have done the right thing and been shit upon from a great height. Got nothing but respect for you all but CONTEMPT for the fuckers that put you in those situations.
 Where's Tony blairs lad? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I

Generals sat as the lines on the map, move from side to side.

Offline only6times

• Believer
« Reply #39821 on: June 5, 2015, 11:36:56 PM »
Just been made redundant,the Unions fought hard to save the factory and have done for years,they were hindered by the fact most here(Belgium) won't go on strike as they are scared for the mortgage payment.They done the best they could and got an agreement to save the factory, if we took a pay cut,2 years later Ford ignored the agreement and close the plant.So who is at fault,yes you've guessed it the Union...

Far too many people believe what the press say!   
Exactly. had lads kicking off in work moaning about losing a days holiday to save 10 mens jobs. With no fucking union there wouldn't have been one days holiday.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #39822 on: June 5, 2015, 11:41:01 PM »
To be honest I never joined for "Queen and Country" I did it as there was not much else to do,as most of the "real" mates I made whilst serving did and yes I can count them on one hand.

Offline only6times

• Believer
« Reply #39823 on: June 5, 2015, 11:53:29 PM »
To be honest I never joined for "Queen and Country" I did it as there was not much else to do,as most of the "real" mates I made whilst serving did and yes I can count them on one hand.
Sorry mate for lumping you in with  others, me mate joined coz it was better than the dole so know what you mean.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #39824 on: June 6, 2015, 01:43:47 PM »
Sorry mate for lumping you in with  others, me mate joined coz it was better than the dole so know what you mean.

Nice "I remember' thread started there, got me opening another bottle of wine and reminiscing!
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39825 on: June 8, 2015, 06:37:33 PM »
Ings  just signed and he is getting slated out there without pulling the shirt on yet.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Believer
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #39826 on: June 8, 2015, 07:49:42 PM »
Ings  just signed and he is getting slated out there without pulling the shirt on yet.

What! He hasn't pulled the shirt on yet - the lazy fucker.
Scepticism is the chastity of the intellect.

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39827 on: June 8, 2015, 08:31:06 PM »
Nice one doc.....all we can do is laugh at it!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #39828 on: June 8, 2015, 09:02:54 PM »
DIngs Dongs
The National Pensioners Convention (NPC) is the principal organisation representing pensioners in the United Kingdom. It is made up of around 1,000 bodies representing 1.5 million members, organised into federal regional units.
The NPC was founded by former Transport and General Workers' Union trade union leader, Jack Jones in 1979

Online jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse "Ridiculously cool" -TAW-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice for Neda
« Reply #39829 on: June 8, 2015, 09:20:45 PM »
For those of youse what didn't know where ZZ Top got their name from:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YKUtQdNpPfg&amp;list=RDYKUtQdNpPfg#t=19" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YKUtQdNpPfg&amp;list=RDYKUtQdNpPfg#t=19</a>
Entitlement: the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

Online jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice for Neda
« Reply #39830 on: June 8, 2015, 09:32:26 PM »
And as I'm on the subject:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/myU39PnZXXs&amp;list=RDYKUtQdNpPfg&amp;index=23" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/myU39PnZXXs&amp;list=RDYKUtQdNpPfg&amp;index=23</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/P7gMkiOPSeA&amp;list=RDYKUtQdNpPfg&amp;index=33" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/P7gMkiOPSeA&amp;list=RDYKUtQdNpPfg&amp;index=33</a>

Offline Fat Scouser

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #39831 on: June 8, 2015, 10:52:44 PM »

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #39832 on: June 8, 2015, 11:47:22 PM »
When the crowd funder starts I'm in
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Fat Scouser

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #39833 on: June 9, 2015, 12:03:20 AM »
I don't know mate. I've got to wait for it to get the yae or nae. But whether I get funding or not, I'm doing it anyway. Fuck em.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #39834 on: June 9, 2015, 08:45:36 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5hpTQRRHY9w&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5hpTQRRHY9w&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Offline Fat Scouser

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #39835 on: June 9, 2015, 09:03:11 AM »
Here's the one I made. I'm only showing it cos I need a favour... if you've got a youtube account, subscribe to my channel. I need 500 to sign up to get a custom name. Otherwise it's just a load of letters and nobody will ever see it.

Ta. I know I'm a twat, but what's new...
https://youtu.be/dSlltARPcwk

There's about 8 of them on there. Get this, here's a laugh.... I think I've the one that used to slap George Osbornes arse onboard. I hope she agrees. I'll carry on like Aggie from the Baggie, call him all the dirty bastards under the sun

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #39836 on: June 9, 2015, 09:10:49 AM »
Done.

Offline 24/7

• https://soulbearing.home.blog/
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
    • 'Soul Bearing' - a very personal blog.
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #39837 on: June 9, 2015, 09:16:34 AM »
When the crowd funder starts I'm in
+1 for certain!
"Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom." - Rabindranath Tagore.

Offline Fat Scouser

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #39838 on: June 9, 2015, 09:24:55 AM »
Nice one lads. I'm off to try and spread it about.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #39839 on: June 9, 2015, 09:32:41 AM »
With regards to the blood,did you know that the Belgians won't accept a blood donation from anyone that lived in the UK in the 80's!