Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 9862994 times)

Online fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #99600 on: May 11, 2019, 05:43:38 PM »
So, Michael Edwards has been watching Harry Wilson! Hmm..

Doesn't stick with the narrative that the club has given up on him though.

Narrative?  ???

The manager himself has said he’ll be here over the summer so we can have a look at him
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and that’s being very conservative. So that’s £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head that’s £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Believer
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #99601 on: May 15, 2019, 06:22:57 PM »
Klopp referred to the young boys in relation to next season

“Div showed up in a brilliant way, obviously, I’m very happy for him. Ox is coming back, Naby will then finally be there, Rhian Brewster will come, all the young boys if they want to go for it,” said the boss

Who did he have in mind?  Or are these just general words of encouragement?  Hoever?  Wilson? Camacho - probably leaving?  Curtis Jones?

Offline Sarge

• Fucker
  • Believer
  • Ahh Ha!!
« Reply #99602 on: May 15, 2019, 06:24:51 PM »
Masterson has left Liverpool.
If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.

Offline Sarge

• Fucker
  • Believer
  • Ahh Ha!!
« Reply #99603 on: May 15, 2019, 06:28:06 PM »
Randall, Adakanye, McAuley, Camacho, Whelan and Raticcio all going too re: James Pearse.

Offline Sarge

• Fucker
  • Believer
  • Ahh Ha!!
« Reply #99604 on: May 15, 2019, 06:35:45 PM »
While I have your attention can I ask what kind of player Brewster is like, note that I've never seen him play.

Ta in advance.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Believer
« Reply #99605 on: May 15, 2019, 06:38:12 PM »
Pity re Camacho who is one of the nominees for PL2 player of the year I see.  But would have an uncertain path here and his head has been turned - just goes to show its a case of only la crème de la crème

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Believer
« Reply #99606 on: May 15, 2019, 06:39:45 PM »
While I have your attention can I ask what kind of player Brewster is like, note that I've never seen him play.

Ta in advance.

From the little I have seen of him, he seems to be a versatile, talented forward, good eye for goal, good determination, reasonable size, strength, pace, shooting - all adding up to a good proposition

JK clearly loves him and that's good enough for me!

Offline Sarge

• Fucker
  • Believer
  • Ahh Ha!!
« Reply #99607 on: May 15, 2019, 06:39:55 PM »
Pity re Camacho who is one of the nominees for PL2 player of the year I see.  But would have an uncertain path here and his head has been turned - just goes to show its a case of only la crème de la crème

Can see quite a number going this Summer, U23 and fringe players.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Believer
« Reply #99608 on: May 15, 2019, 06:46:46 PM »
Can see quite a number going this Summer, U23 and fringe players.

Yes there is noise of a clear out.  Clearing path for more youngsters....I see Echo are saying Bobby Duncan is concerned over his pathway which will be an issue albeit I suspect that one may be premature

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #99609 on: May 15, 2019, 06:48:46 PM »
Yes there is noise of a clear out.  Clearing path for more youngsters....I see Echo are saying Bobby Duncan is concerned over his pathway which will be an issue albeit I suspect that one may be premature

He only got here last summer and isn’t even 18 until late next month. He’s got plenty of time yet.

Online Chris~

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #99610 on: May 15, 2019, 06:49:35 PM »
Randall, Adakanye, McAuley, Camacho, Whelan and Raticcio all going too re: James Pearse.
Ritaccio is surprising after one season. The rest all needed to go for their own careers

Offline Sarge

• Fucker
  • Believer
  • Ahh Ha!!
« Reply #99611 on: May 15, 2019, 06:56:34 PM »

Duncan will move to the 23s next season with a few out as the clearout begins as you rightly say Clearing path for more youngsters

Online Redman78

• Believer
« Reply #99612 on: May 15, 2019, 08:49:13 PM »
Ritaccio is surprising after one season. The rest all needed to go for their own careers

Camacho didn't need to go, he's certainly not at the make or break age. Klopp clearly rates him, we offered him a new contract no? 

Online Chris~

• Believer
« Reply #99613 on: May 15, 2019, 10:08:19 PM »
Camacho didn't need to go, he's certainly not at the make or break age. Klopp clearly rates him, we offered him a new contract no?
He's trained with the frist team for like 18 months but still barely played any minutes and even then it was at right back where he clearly doesn't want to play. We also stopped him going out on loan. Can understand why he might want to leave.

Online PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #99614 on: May 15, 2019, 11:15:39 PM »
Narrative?  ???

The manager himself has said he’ll be here over the summer so we can have a look at him

Yes, plenty of posters here have already decided he will be sold (that's the narrative), before Klopp even has a look at him in the summer.

Online mikey_LFC

• Believer
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #99615 on: May 16, 2019, 10:24:16 AM »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Believer
« Reply #99616 on: May 16, 2019, 10:32:40 AM »
Wonder if Hoever’s arrival has led to us cooling plans for Camacho at RB.  Can see Hoever getting more first team time next season

Online PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #99617 on: May 16, 2019, 11:17:43 AM »
Wonder if Hoever’s arrival has led to us cooling plans for Camacho at RB.  Can see Hoever getting more first team time next season

Also, Camacho doesn't feel like a RB. He himself doesn't feel comfortable and he has posted online that he feels he is an attacker. The contract situation doesn't seem good as well.

Whereas Hoever clearly feels as a defensive player, even if he has flair on the ball. I remember that we played Hoever as CB against Wolves, so where do you see him play primarily in the future? Where do you think he will be at his best? RB or CB?

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Believer
« Reply #99618 on: May 16, 2019, 12:03:07 PM »
Also, Camacho doesn't feel like a RB. He himself doesn't feel comfortable and he has posted online that he feels he is an attacker. The contract situation doesn't seem good as well.

Whereas Hoever clearly feels as a defensive player, even if he has flair on the ball. I remember that we played Hoever as CB against Wolves, so where do you see him play primarily in the future? Where do you think he will be at his best? RB or CB?

RB unless and until he is physically more imposing to cope at CB

Offline ElPayaso

• Main Stander
« Reply #99619 on: May 16, 2019, 12:16:50 PM »
Surprised to see Ritaccio leave, if that's correct, Camacho leaving isn't that surprising but a bit sad since he's been really good this season, had high hopes for Masterson at some point but he doesn't seem to be able to put the pieces together.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn.
  • Kopite
« Reply #99620 on: May 16, 2019, 12:27:06 PM »
I think Clyne will leave and we won't buy a RB. I can see Hoever being given the opportunity to develop into Trent's deputy over the course of next season. You would think that eventually he'll end up at CB but I could see him getting 50 starts at RB over the next 3 seasons before he moves inside. He'll only be 20 at that point.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #99621 on: May 16, 2019, 12:40:22 PM »
We have quite a few players who can deputise for Trent. Not ideal but the Moreno replacement is more important.
Klopp on next year’s final being in Istanbul… I told UEFA already: we will be there! Give me a few minutes!

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Believer
« Reply #99622 on: May 16, 2019, 12:45:39 PM »
We have quite a few players who can deputise for Trent. Not ideal but the Moreno replacement is more important.

Great point, how do we replace Alberto?

;-)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #99623 on: May 16, 2019, 12:47:41 PM »
 :) You know what I mean -- we were bloody lucky Robertson motored through that season. Doesn't seem as if Lewis is going to be the next big breakthrough; Larouci a bit young still? (Anyone who's watched the youth teams more than I have, please feel free to disagree).
Klopp on next year’s final being in Istanbul… I told UEFA already: we will be there! Give me a few minutes!

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Believer
« Reply #99624 on: May 16, 2019, 01:23:43 PM »
:) You know what I mean -- we were bloody lucky Robertson motored through that season. Doesn't seem as if Lewis is going to be the next big breakthrough; Larouci a bit young still? (Anyone who's watched the youth teams more than I have, please feel free to disagree).

I agree, we have been linked to the Ajax and Bristol City LBs.  Quite like the look of the latter - Lloyd Kelly I think

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn.
  • Kopite
« Reply #99625 on: May 16, 2019, 01:26:33 PM »

Yep we need a LB and I don't think anyone from the academy is ready. I wonder if we might go for Lloyd Kelly of Bristol. His name keeps popping up and he seems to fit the profile of a youngster with a bit of first team football who would be happy to be deputy to Robbo and learn his trade.

As you say, we have a few players who can fill in at RB and that's why I don't think we'll recruit there and instead give Hoever the chance to develop in to the number option ahead of the likes of Gomez and Milner.

Offline Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #99626 on: May 16, 2019, 07:27:27 PM »
Yep we need a LB and I don't think anyone from the academy is ready. I wonder if we might go for Lloyd Kelly of Bristol. His name keeps popping up and he seems to fit the profile of a youngster with a bit of first team football who would be happy to be deputy to Robbo and learn his trade.

As you say, we have a few players who can fill in at RB and that's why I don't think we'll recruit there and instead give Hoever the chance to develop in to the number option ahead of the likes of Gomez and Milner.
Lloyd Kelly is supposedly someone we’re no longer interested in.

We are supposedly looking for a left back, but in region of £15m as a fee.
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity
  • Believer
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #99627 on: May 16, 2019, 07:55:42 PM »
From the little I have seen of him, he seems to be a versatile, talented forward, good eye for goal, good determination, reasonable size, strength, pace, shooting - all adding up to a good proposition

JK clearly loves him and that's good enough for me!
Is he like Rashford then?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #99628 on: May 16, 2019, 08:41:06 PM »
Lloyd Kelly is supposedly someone we’re no longer interested in.

We are supposedly looking for a left back, but in region of £15m as a fee.
Are you implying that Lloyd Kelly's £18m price tag is what's putting us off, or is it his performances/stats that don't impress us?

Offline Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Believer
« Reply #99629 on: May 16, 2019, 08:50:49 PM »
Are you implying that Lloyd Kelly's £18m price tag is what's putting us off, or is it his performances/stats that don't impress us?
Who knows.
Bernard blows goats

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #99630 on: May 16, 2019, 09:02:09 PM »
Dammit, Tepid, I was relying on you. The transfer jizz maestro has flopped already.

Offline Tepid T₂O

• Believer
« Reply #99631 on: May 16, 2019, 09:04:06 PM »
Dammit, Tepid, I was relying on you. The transfer jizz maestro has flopped already.
The general consensus is that we sign one or at most two players and neither will be above the £15m region (give or take).

One left back one versatile forward.  (Although we do seem to have been properly linked with Pepe who would be quite a bit more than this.)
Bernard blows goats

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Believer
« Reply #99632 on: May 16, 2019, 09:08:42 PM »
The general consensus among journalists? Where do we find a quality attacker for 15million? That is what Ibe was sold for a few years ago, and it’s 4 million less than Solanke.

Offline Tepid T₂O

• Believer
« Reply #99633 on: May 16, 2019, 09:11:55 PM »
The general consensus among journalists? Where do we find a quality attacker for 15million? That is what Ibe was sold for a few years ago, and it’s 4 million less than Solanke.
Doesn’t mean that they are right of course...
Bernard blows goats

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity
  • Believer
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #99634 on: May 17, 2019, 09:12:00 AM »

Online PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #99635 on: May 17, 2019, 01:58:12 PM »
Doesn’t mean that they are right of course...

Not quite related to the thread, but why is there a common opinion among journalists and among some fans that we don't have money?

Last season, I remember that the general talk was that we had money because we were back in CL, reached the Final, nice little revenue and we'd sold Coutinho as well. Now the TV revenue is higher (genuine query?), we've reached the same CL stage (could be better), and what else has changed except we haven't sold Coutinho. So, considering that, we can chop off the money we had to get Alisson and VVD, we may not have that. That should still leave us enough to get a Fabinho level and a Shaqiri level (not positions, but in terms of cost) signing instead of 2 Shaqiri level signings as being mentioned right? Why are we short? And this without considering outgoings, we have a few that we may let sell for decent prices put together. We won't get such cheap signings that we're looking for our level unless there are some abnormal clauses like Shaqiri had, and the chances of it is remarkably small.

I mean, I'm ready to be educated here by those good with accounts and stuff, I just want to know if there's something substantial behind this common idea that we're short on money for this window. One or two educational posts and then we can hold it for the transfer forum.

Offline Tepid T₂O

• Believer
« Reply #99636 on: May 17, 2019, 01:59:52 PM »
The consensus is that we’ve spent loads so probably can’t spend that much again. In addition any one improving the team would be vastly expensive and not really needed.
Bernard blows goats

Offline lamonti

• Believer
« Reply #99637 on: May 17, 2019, 02:10:46 PM »
Not quite related to the thread, but why is there a common opinion among journalists and among some fans that we don't have money?

Anything to get LFC fans clicking with no games for 2 weeks.

Online PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #99638 on: May 17, 2019, 02:31:49 PM »
The consensus is that we’ve spent loads so probably can’t spend that much again. In addition any one improving the team would be vastly expensive and not really needed.

It looks like a BS kind of a fantasy where if they keep throwing this around then the narrative will catch on. Then they can hope that Klopp will buy the narrative that we don't have any money & our squad is complete, while the clubs these journalists write about make progress in the window?

Our team is complete, not our squad, although it is close to. We've spent loads but only because we could afford to, we sold heavily (not just Coutinho, but other players adding to the overall sales), and we reached the CL final, and TV money. While all that has remained the same again, except the big sale and with our popularity & pedigree going higher, isn't it all bollocks? Not needed? How? We'll be in trouble if any one of Salah, Mane, Firmino, Robertson, or TAA gets injured. I'm not saying we should go VVD and Alisson in terms of spending, but I'd be thinking we can go Fabinho and Shaqiri, spend about 60m plus sales on a couple of players. Who can tell me legit that we don't even have the cash to do that?

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #99639 on: May 17, 2019, 02:50:22 PM »

The lad that played LB in the Youth cup final, looked awesome to me, a bit rough around the edges, and possibly like camacho not a full back but was different class.

Anybody help me out with his name?