Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 10462469 times)

Offline Kitch83

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #102000 on: August 30, 2020, 07:14:03 PM »
Does anyone know if Ritaccio is back after his injury yet? Not seen him in any pics.

Offline HopefulRed

• Believer
« Reply #102001 on: August 31, 2020, 01:07:59 PM »
Tyler Morton signs his first pro contract.  He seemed to only get his chance when Tom Hill was playing up last season, but he looked accomplished when he did play. 

Offline NsRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102002 on: August 31, 2020, 02:50:13 PM »
Tyler Morton signs his first pro contract.  He seemed to only get his chance when Tom Hill was playing up last season, but he looked accomplished when he did play.
He looked sharp last season. Tall, mobile and good range of passing. Lots of intriguing midfield prospects in our setup all around the 17/18 age. Morton, Hill, Clarkson, Cain, all offer something a bit different as well.

Offline HopefulRed

• Believer
« Reply #102003 on: August 31, 2020, 04:03:10 PM »
Glatzel, Bearne and OíRourke score in todayís 3-1 U23s warm up match v Derby.  Bearne is a curious one.  I have seen him play On LFC tv when not injured over the last couple of seasons, but not sure quite how to describe him as a player.  Probably doing him a disservice to suggest he is a no 10 type, but then I get the impression he is smaller than Eg Layton Stewart and more often playing on the right of a front 3 but isnít the dribbling/speed merchants of many wingers.  But, give him his dues, he scores a bit. 

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #102004 on: August 31, 2020, 04:04:13 PM »
Really want to see Glatzel get back his form. He was always the better of the two between him and Duncan - and you hope the injury is one he fully recovers from.

Offline NsRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102005 on: August 31, 2020, 04:12:34 PM »
Glatzel, Bearne and OíRourke score in todayís 3-1 U23s warm up match v Derby.  Bearne is a curious one.  I have seen him play On LFC tv when not injured over the last couple of seasons, but not sure quite how to describe him as a player.  Probably doing him a disservice to suggest he is a no 10 type, but then I get the impression he is smaller than Eg Layton Stewart and more often playing on the right of a front 3 but isnít the dribbling/speed merchants of many wingers.  But, give him his dues, he scores a bit.

Bearne is an interesting one. We picked him up from Notts county as a highly rated 15/16 year old. Has always looked dangerous when fit, but he doesnít seem to have grown at all since heís arrived. Heís started preseason quite brightly with the u23s though. Heís got a bit of Ryan Fraser about him, not a standout athlete but good dribbling, change of pace and creative.

Offline NsRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102006 on: August 31, 2020, 11:27:09 PM »
Really want to see Glatzel get back his form. He was always the better of the two between him and Duncan - and you hope the injury is one he fully recovers from.

Agree completely with you. Duncan got the attention because of his family connections imo but Glatzel always had more about his overall game. He looks like heís really muscled up during his rehab so I am hoping he is fit and ready to take the next step in his development.

Offline HopefulRed

• Believer
« Reply #102007 on: September 1, 2020, 11:13:52 AM »
Agree completely with you. Duncan got the attention because of his family connections imo but Glatzel always had more about his overall game. He looks like heís really muscled up during his rehab so I am hoping he is fit and ready to take the next step in his development.

I think Duncan is a bit of an easy target after the really poor way he left.  I donít think it was his family connections that led to any overstatement of his abilities.  He got some early publicity as a 16 year old being the first England youth to score a hatrick again Brazil away, and in a very good Man City youth team.  He was so determined to return to LFC that he took a year out at a crucial stage of his development without a club as Man City wouldnít release him.  That was unheard of.  Imo he was a better striker/finisher than Glatzel, but I agree Glatzel is more of a Klopp type of all round forward. 

Offline HopefulRed

• Believer
« Reply #102008 on: September 1, 2020, 11:24:22 AM »
Highlights of the 2nd 5-0 U18 warm up game v. Huddersfield on on the website.  A few missed shots from close range but blowing the usual gale at Kirby.  No Layton Stewart on view.  Hope heís not injured because I donít think heís with the U23s yet, at least not while there are so many there waiting to get loans.   

Online jillc

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between JŁrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #102009 on: September 1, 2020, 12:44:20 PM »
Highlights of the 2nd 5-0 U18 warm up game v. Huddersfield on on the website.  A few missed shots from close range but blowing the usual gale at Kirby.  No Layton Stewart on view.  Hope heís not injured because I donít think heís with the U23s yet, at least not while there are so many there waiting to get loans.   

I think Layton was with the u18's in their first game, not sure he has moved up the u23's yet.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline scout94

• Kemlynite
« Reply #102010 on: September 1, 2020, 12:48:54 PM »
that No17 Isaac Mabaya look very good :lickin

Offline NsRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102011 on: September 1, 2020, 01:58:37 PM »
Is that who 17 was? It was clear the commentators were avoiding  saying his name whenever he was on the ball and he wasnít on the lineup card so I thought maybe another trialist situation perhaps. He looks an absolute unit and quite skilled as well. Iíve heard a lot about him but donít think Iíve ever seen him. He and Balagizi both have incredible physical profiles for their ages.

Thought both Hill and Morton looked excellent in those highlights, they appear to have grown physically and in confidence since last year. I suppose they are now out of The ďshadowĒ of Cain and clarkson and the midfield is theirs to run, and it shows. Throw in the like of Balagizi and Stephenson and our midfield options are tasty.

Offline NsRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102012 on: September 1, 2020, 02:01:00 PM »

Itís possible that Stewart and Musialowski were with the u23s for their friendly against Derby which I think was the day after this. Itís possible we decided prior to send them up for that one and use some of the younger kids against Huddersfield.

Offline NsRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102013 on: September 1, 2020, 02:12:15 PM »
Nice to see Frauendorf get on the scoresheet in his first appearance, could have had a second half hat trick if the ball settled for him a bit better a couple times. As Hopeful mentioned, the wind was outrageous and played havoc with the ball all afternoon.

Really liking the look of Harvey Blair. Bagged a couple goals (including a pen he won) but aside from that he made several excellent runs and got into great goal scoring positions. Seems to have a good build and pace for his age as well.

The centre backs look like a nice pairing with Jonas and Quansah. Quansah played a fair amount with this group last year but mostly as a full back, so interested to see how he develops in the centre of defence this year. They both look athletic and like being on the ball.

Iím curious to see where the new boys Frauendorf and Musialowski see most of their minutes. We generally get creative with our formations at the academy level so that will open up different opportunities, but we do seem to have a glut of midfielders in this group compared to forwards for example. Frauendorf apparently is usually deployed as an 8 or on thr left wing, Musialowski seems like a 10 first and foremost. Fun times ahead either way, this could be a really strong group at this level.

Offline NsRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102014 on: September 1, 2020, 02:40:24 PM »
Another day, another friendly victory for the 18s. This time itís a 4-1 win against Leicester. Two more goals for Tom Hill, with Layton Stewart (no injury then) and Luke Chambers also scoring.

Offline HopefulRed

• Believer
« Reply #102015 on: September 1, 2020, 10:40:22 PM »

Ha ha.  I just looked at it again.  Iíve also heard of him but never seen him.  Must take quite some restraining from Steve Hunter not to mention his name.  oK so he is still technically an U16, but he is 16 this month and is bound to play up in the U18s some Time this season.    They donít normally avoid mentioning schoolboys when playing.   

This is quite a tall team U18 team.  Even the LB, Luke Chambers, looks fairly tall. 

Online Chris~

• Believer
« Reply #102016 on: September 1, 2020, 10:45:16 PM »
He's already been mentioned in highlights last season so not sure why they'd deliberately avoid mentioning him now
« Last Edit: September 1, 2020, 10:52:11 PM by Chris~ »

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #102017 on: September 1, 2020, 10:54:23 PM »

Seems like heís not 16 for another 3 weeks so that probably explains the data protection concerns.

Offline Two-Headed Sex Beast

• Kemlynite
« Reply #102018 on: September 2, 2020, 06:56:57 PM »
18s 4-1 Leicester win highlights up on LFCTVGO now. Tom Hill looks like heís developing into quite a player, same with Stewart. Hill reminds me of jones a bit in how good he is at shooting off both feet.

Blair looks exciting too, pacey for sure.

Offline NsRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102019 on: September 2, 2020, 06:58:24 PM »
18s 4-1 Leicester win highlights up on LFCTVGO now. Tom Hill looks like heís developing into quite a player, same with Stewart. Hill reminds me of jones a bit in how good he is at shooting off both feet.

Blair looks exciting too, pacey for sure.

Looks like a really talented group doesnít it? Balagizi looked unplayable in those highlights, couple of assists and heavily involved in some very impressive team moves

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #102020 on: September 2, 2020, 06:58:52 PM »

Told you all few pages back that this lad has all the makings.

Offline fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty.....pretty pretty good
« Reply #102021 on: September 2, 2020, 07:05:47 PM »
Told you all few pages back that this lad has all the makings.

What did you say? Itís always good to see an ITK in action ;)
Trent is pretty poor at free kicks. Said it for a long time. One decent free kick a few years ago and the commentators think he's Beckham

Offline Two-Headed Sex Beast

• Kemlynite
« Reply #102022 on: September 2, 2020, 07:51:27 PM »
Looks like a really talented group doesnít it? Balagizi looked unplayable in those highlights, couple of assists and heavily involved in some very impressive team moves

Certainly does. Balagizi was name dropped a few months ago by Neil Jones as one the academy has high hopes for. Seems to be him, Hill, Norris and Stewart who are openly acknowledged as having the potential to make it for us, so far.

Speaking of that, where is Norris? Is he exclusively 23s now? Also, Muasialowskii hasnít been in the squad the last two 18s games for some reason, hope itís not an injury.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #102023 on: September 2, 2020, 07:54:08 PM »
What did you say? Itís always good to see an ITK in action ;)

He said Isaac May be a very good player, though at this age you can often say that and it's just as likely he'll be offloaded to Everton youth.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline NsRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102024 on: September 2, 2020, 08:21:01 PM »
Certainly does. Balagizi was name dropped a few months ago by Neil Jones as one the academy has high hopes for. Seems to be him, Hill, Norris and Stewart who are openly acknowledged as having the potential to make it for us, so far.

Speaking of that, where is Norris? Is he exclusively 23s now? Also, Muasialowskii hasnít been in the squad the last two 18s games for some reason, hope itís not an injury.

I think Norris will be first choice lb at u23 level this year, Chambers will step in at u18.
Donít think Musialowski is injured, it seems like we are rotating players to some extent in these friendlies. Could just be bedding him in gradually.

Offline HopefulRed

• Believer
« Reply #102025 on: September 2, 2020, 09:23:57 PM »
He said Isaac May be a very good player, though at this age you can often say that and it's just as likely he'll be offloaded to Everton youth.

Well that was clear to those who look out for who is being picked for the England youth teams and Isaac appears to have been a regular in U15s and 16s.  That isnít a certain thing for success later on but itís a good start.  to be so because he was the regular Eng youth player in that age group.  Funny how one has a picture of some players In your mind before you see them..  I had him pictured as a small (and speedy) striker.  There must have been some pics on the net of him as a much younger youth player because he is clearly far from short

Online jillc

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between JŁrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Believer
« Reply #102026 on: September 2, 2020, 10:18:42 PM »
That was a really good game against Leicester that u18 set-up is very exciting. A number of stand outs, Tom Hill looking very confident early stages and that was a perfect lob from Stewart for the goal. The team could have scored a load more goals, heaven help their opponents when they've found their proper rhythm. 

Offline NsRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102027 on: September 3, 2020, 12:30:43 AM »
That was a really good game against Leicester that u18 set-up is very exciting. A number of stand outs, Tom Hill looking very confident early stages and that was a perfect lob from Stewart for the goal. The team could have scored a load more goals, heaven help their opponents when they've found their proper rhythm.
Hill is starting to look like heís outgrown this level as well, isnít he? Too good and playing with loads of confidence. Heíll boss games from the middle of the park all season for this team in the way that Cain/Clarkson did last year. Guys like he and Stewart are the Ďveteransí in this squad and the new crop of lads look very exciting.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Believer
« Reply #102028 on: September 4, 2020, 12:02:55 AM »
Read in the athletic that Billy was a ball boy in the game against Barca. Time flies.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn.
  • Kopite
« Reply #102029 on: September 4, 2020, 05:04:52 PM »
Would think it's almost inevitable that Neil Critchley takes one of our kids on loan at Blackpool. Woodburn? Gallacher?

Offline RogerTheRed

• Champions of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #102030 on: September 4, 2020, 05:25:59 PM »
U23 won 2-1 today vs Forest. Millar and Sharif the scorers. Glatzel apparently had a strong second half.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Online jillc

• Believer
« Reply #102031 on: September 4, 2020, 07:54:34 PM »
Michael Thomas has been taken on by the Academy in a mentoring role.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2020, 07:57:21 PM by jillc »

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #102032 on: September 4, 2020, 09:44:10 PM »
Would think it's almost inevitable that Neil Critchley takes one of our kids on loan at Blackpool. Woodburn? Gallacher?

Ben Woodburn is 21 next month - might we be looking to move him on for a transfer fee rather than another loan. It seems unlikely now that he has a future in our first team.

Online jillc

• Believer
« Reply #102033 on: September 4, 2020, 09:46:32 PM »
Ben Woodburn is 21 next month - might we be looking to move him on for a transfer fee rather than another loan. It seems unlikely now that he has a future in our first team.

It's about doing what's best for him though, not just selling him off. Klopp has been pleased with his progress since coming back from injury so if they feel a loan is best to get him properly on his feet that's what they'll do.

Offline smurfinaus

• Believer
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #102034 on: September 5, 2020, 12:48:41 AM »

Whats really happened to him to fall off the radar completely?. Thought he was one of our most promising talents?.

Offline xbugawugax

• Believer
« Reply #102035 on: September 5, 2020, 09:24:17 AM »
loaned out last season to oxford. had a promising start then got injured. Think he returned for the playoffs so hopefully he is fully fit to kick on this season

our ex youth player cameron brannagan is there as well. think he has stagnated a bit but still young enough to progress.

Online ubb! please

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #102036 on: September 5, 2020, 04:53:06 PM »
Hoever is coming along very nicely, and for me he looks a better prospect than Williams at right back.  Glides with the ball, great range of passing, lovely technique, pace, movement, he has it all.

The test will come against quality attackers but he's just a pure footballer.  Really promising.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Kadafi

• Kemlynite
« Reply #102037 on: September 5, 2020, 05:18:14 PM »
Hoever is coming along very nicely, and for me he looks a better prospect than Williams at right back.  Glides with the ball, great range of passing, lovely technique, pace, movement, he has it all.

The test will come against quality attackers but he's just a pure footballer.  Really promising.

While I do agree, Neco has a habit of surprising whenever I doubt him. Let's hope they push one another on to new heights.

Offline Floop

• Main Stander
« Reply #102038 on: September 5, 2020, 06:13:06 PM »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/407519-u18s-put-four-past-united-in-latest-pre-season-friendly

u18s beat United 4-1, Oakley-Cannonier, Mabaya, Quansah, and Woltman with the goals.

Online Fromola

• Lomola... ďThe sky is falling and Iím off to tell the King!...Ē Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Believer
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #102039 on: September 5, 2020, 07:20:48 PM »

Hoever's an excellent prospect. Only thing counting against him as a centre back is his height so right back is more realistic barring a growth spurt.

I think he'll probably get a loan this season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season