Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 9901575 times)

Offline Classycara

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #100800 on: September 13, 2019, 03:12:29 PM »
Bit of an overreation to a nothing interview.

Definitely is from me. His bible quote weird whinge wound me up irrationally.

Offline Al 666

• Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #100801 on: September 13, 2019, 05:38:07 PM »
This from the boy who was posting a load of weird biblical shit slating the club in the run up to his transfer, whining about the club wanting to sell him instead of loaning.

He says there's no bitter taste, and that he should be happy with his lot. But then chooses to bitch and use pejoratives against the club in the press, despite them giving him what he wants.

Another character the youngsters will benefit from not having around.

The actual brass neck of the kid. I can't believe his attitude. To actually consider his own career and his development as a player. Don't these kids know they are supposed to be subservient commodities traded to make the wealthy wealthier. He has had 15 years at the Club to realise what it is all about.

To have the impertinence to believe a Club has a duty of care to help their employees develop. The final straw for me though is to be so ill informed  to post a verse from the bible when there are far more appropriate passages from say Wall Street.

Why quote from Saint Peter.

“And through covetousness shall they with fiend words make merchandise of you: whose judgement now of a long time lingered not, and their damnation slumbereth not”.

When he could of quoted far more concisely from Saint Gordon. 'Greed is Good' 
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #100802 on: September 13, 2019, 07:27:56 PM »
The actual brass neck of the kid. I can't believe his attitude. To actually consider his own career and his development as a player. Don't these kids know they are supposed to be subservient commodities traded to make the wealthy wealthier. He has had 15 years at the Club to realise what it is all about.

To have the impertinence to believe a Club has a duty of care to help their employees develop. The final straw for me though is to be so ill informed  to post a verse from the bible when there are far more appropriate passages from say Wall Street.

“And through covetousness shall they with fiend words make merchandise of you: whose judgement now of a long time lingered not, and their damnation slumbereth not”.

Yeah. We should have just let him leave on a free. Give up 15 years of developing him and six years of wages for no gain.

Should have let Coutinho go on a free too, come to think of it. He thought moving to Barca would help his development, so we should have done right by him. Or does that just apply to 22 year olds, not 25 year olds? When do people stop becoming a kid?

Or alternatively, maybe Ryan should be thankful we ended up letting him go for what was probably under his market value? Or maybe he shouldn't have signed a 5 year contract two seasons ago if he wanted to leave earlier.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 07:30:55 PM by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Classycara

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #100803 on: September 13, 2019, 09:14:00 PM »

;D you are beyond parody as ever. Ripping into the club for not selling Kent, after they.. sold Kent.

Passages from Wall Street? What the actual fuck are you on about, you strange man? ;D Did an American steal your wife away from you?

You think that Klopp believes 'greed is good' and ignored his duty of care to Kent, and that Kent is rightfully looking out for his career suggesting Klopp's covetousness has made merchandise of him, whereas I don't. Let's just leave our disagreement at that.

Offline Al 666

• Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #100804 on: September 13, 2019, 09:28:34 PM »

;D you are beyond parody as ever. Ripping into the club for not selling Kent, after they.. sold Kent.

Passages from Wall Street? What the actual fuck are you on about, you strange man? ;D Did an American steal your wife away from you?

You think that Klopp believes 'greed is good' and ignored his duty of care to Kent, and that Kent is rightfully looking out for his career suggesting Klopp's covetousness has made merchandise of him, whereas I don't. Let's just leave our disagreement at that.

Au contraire I love Americans especially this one.

One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Online Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #100805 on: September 13, 2019, 10:24:32 PM »
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA
www.twitter.com/AndrewNessy

Online phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Believer
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #100806 on: September 14, 2019, 01:04:22 AM »
Bit of an overreation to a nothing interview.

And you spoke too soon...😏

Offline Classycara

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #100807 on: September 14, 2019, 01:18:50 AM »

Au contraire I love Americans especially this one.

You really think your sarcasm wasn't obvious? And are you seriously going to pretend you didn't have a dig at the club for being greedy and about their duty of care? OK then

Offline kopitecrash

• Believer
« Reply #100808 on: September 14, 2019, 12:16:38 PM »
I'll stick my two cents in and say that Kent and Duncan are right to go - and I don't really blame them for the things they might say. We have no idea if someone at the club has lied to Kent - I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp told Kent that he would get opportunities to impress, and either things changed or Klopp simply said what he felt he needed to in order to keep a player he felt would be good for the depth. I can see how Kent would not take something like that well, and I'm not saying that happened, because we may never know. I just think that it's far from unlikely.

The reality is for these players that they want, and they need game time. Remember how Brewster was going to be in contention for the first team? Now he's vanished off the radar to a degree. It's hard for the attacking youngsters to get any time at a side where we have Firminho, Sala, Mane, Origi, Shaqiri to fill those positions. So I'm not going to slag off players who seek game time elsewhere, regardless of how they go about it. Liverpool are not some poor underdog against these players - I suspect that they would happily tell Duncan for the next three or four years how he would get a shot in the first team if it meant they could make their millions at the end of that time after giving him bare scraps of games. That's essentially what has happened to Brewster so far - he was going to leave, but then the club promised him he had a future at the club so he should stay, and he did. So far, unless Brewster has some injury I'm not aware of, he hasn't had a sniff.

Players at their age, with their potential, need games. They need to test themselves at a professional level in order to grow and prove their capabilities. But like it or not this mostly jars with what Liverpool want - to have and play the very best. If we're honest, developing these players with game time does not work with Liverpool's want and need to win titles - rightly or wrongly (and to a degree, I believe wrongly).

So I'm never going to blame players for making their way for the sake of their careers, for the sake of their footballing lives, rather then wile away critical years in the Liverpool system. Elsewhere they may well get more chance of actual games AND get the top class development - so for many, it's going to be a no brainer. It's hard to be a youth player in England, for various reasons (including the money, ironically). So I wish them all the best of luck. I think Kent is very talented, and perhaps we'll see him again in the League at least. As for Duncan, who knows.

You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline HopefulRed

• Believer
« Reply #100809 on: September 14, 2019, 12:43:17 PM »
Our U18s are losing 5-2 away to Man city sadly. 

Offline Classycara

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #100810 on: September 14, 2019, 01:24:31 PM »
I'll stick my two cents in and say that Kent and Duncan are right to go -

Agree with you there, although think Duncan has most likely made a terrible decision with his destination

Offline RogerTheRed

• but which red?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #100811 on: September 14, 2019, 09:41:35 PM »
23’s drew 3-3 today and. Brewster was withdrawn after Origi injury. Jones, Dixon Bonner and an og caused by Harvey Eliot for us. Think our defence is suffering from letting Masterton, Phillips and Johnstone go. Hopefully our young Dutch lads will grow up from the experience.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 09:43:34 PM by RogerTheRed »
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline RyanBabel19

• Believer
« Reply #100812 on: September 14, 2019, 09:44:05 PM »
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-ryan-kent-rangers-lied-16911467

Kent claiming he was lied to by the club.

Was suprised to see it but, its hard to comment on when its so so vague

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #100813 on: September 15, 2019, 10:44:26 PM »
Just a reminder to those who have the opportunity to watch that our UEFA Youth game against Napoli is being shown live on btsport1 at 1pm.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline NsRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #100814 on: September 17, 2019, 03:48:14 AM »
Watched the highlights of the u23s draw with derby. Jones had a goal and a lovely Bobby style backheel assist to Dixon-Bonner. He’s started the season very well.

Hoever and Van Den Berg both gave away pens, though to be fair I think the ref had a shocker for both of them..

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #100815 on: September 17, 2019, 07:18:38 AM »
Just a reminder to those who have the opportunity to watch that our UEFA Youth game against Napoli is being shown live on btsport1 at 1pm.

Also  will be streamed on Uefa's website tomorrow.. Registration needed.

Just download their App

https://www.uefa.tv/

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked.
  • Believer
  • Insert something awesome here!
    • Yorkandbeyond
« Reply #100816 on: September 17, 2019, 01:00:51 PM »
Why did they name the stadium after joe pasquale?

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #100817 on: September 17, 2019, 01:03:32 PM »
Why did they name the stadium after joe pasquale?

He’s really famous over there. Apparently Flanagan introduced Italy to his humour when he was over there and he’s become Uber famous since!

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked.
  • Believer
  • Insert something awesome here!
    • Yorkandbeyond
« Reply #100818 on: September 17, 2019, 01:05:12 PM »
He’s really famous over there. Apparently Flanagan introduced Italy to his humour when he was over there and he’s become Uber famous since!

Ooooh nice

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #100819 on: September 17, 2019, 01:18:10 PM »
Header smashed against the cross bar there, unlucky. 0-0 19 mins.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #100820 on: September 17, 2019, 01:25:16 PM »
Neco Williams running them ragged down the right.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
« Reply #100821 on: September 17, 2019, 01:29:03 PM »
Somebody is in for a bollocking.  :-[
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline dakid

• Believer
« Reply #100823 on: September 17, 2019, 01:31:42 PM »
Whose playing upfront?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Online Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #100824 on: September 17, 2019, 01:32:58 PM »
Napoli just scored 1-0 [29 min]
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline Chris~

• Believer
« Reply #100825 on: September 17, 2019, 01:33:27 PM »
Whose playing upfront?

Jones and Elliot kind of

Offline thisyearisouryear

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #100826 on: September 17, 2019, 01:34:41 PM »
Whose playing upfront?

Elliott

Offline Paisley79

• Main Stander
« Reply #100827 on: September 17, 2019, 02:13:27 PM »
about 7 mins in to 2nd half - Elliott just missed a sitter from 6 yards. think his massive top-knot put him off balance

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #100828 on: September 17, 2019, 02:16:46 PM »
Clarkson very unlucky there with a great strike from a tight angle.

Stepped it up a bit here now.

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #100829 on: September 17, 2019, 02:42:52 PM »
Late equaliser on 85 mins, had been coming as the lads really stepped up the pressure.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #100830 on: September 17, 2019, 02:44:12 PM »
Good stuff lads.

Offline Paisley79

• Main Stander
« Reply #100831 on: September 17, 2019, 02:48:33 PM »
who scored. my stream went down

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #100832 on: September 17, 2019, 02:51:30 PM »
who scored. my stream went down
Layton Stewart mate.

Offline Paisley79

• Main Stander
« Reply #100833 on: September 17, 2019, 02:51:43 PM »
cheers

Offline Bolton

• Boys Pen
  • Hot Topic!
« Reply #100834 on: September 17, 2019, 03:43:39 PM »
We deserved a least a point really having hit the post and the bar. The young reds showed good determination to keep going. Clever finish too, almost looked like a backheel?

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Offline HopefulRed

• Believer
« Reply #100835 on: September 20, 2019, 11:04:11 AM »
Does anyone know what’s happened to Luca Stephenson who we were supposed to have signed from Sunderland a year ago?  Reports that we were about to buy him in early September last year suggested he was 15, which would make him 16 now.  Did we end up buying him?  Is he out injured?  Or were reports of his age incorrect and he is still an U16?

Offline Chris~

• Believer
« Reply #100836 on: September 20, 2019, 11:23:04 AM »
Likely he just has an early september birthday so is an u16

http://paugasolacademy.micfootball.com/partido.php?id=14420&sec=2

He's listed in this squad from april for u16s. Along with the other Sunderland players we had on trial/signed
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 11:40:04 AM by Chris~ »

Offline HopefulRed

• Believer
« Reply #100837 on: September 20, 2019, 12:39:47 PM »
Likely he just has an early september birthday so is an u16

http://paugasolacademy.micfootball.com/partido.php?id=14420&sec=2

He's listed in this squad from april for u16s. Along with the other Sunderland players we had on trial/signed

Great find.  That’s a really interesting list.  I’ve seen some of those names before linked to Wales u15 squads, or Eng U15 squads or camps  (apparently loads go to the camps though) so this is some confirmation that they exist.  Way too early to get excited about any, although Oakley Cannonier is already a name being the ballboy who passed the ball quickly for Trent’s corner v Barca. 

Offline JP!

• A miserable bastard
  • Believer
  • Save us Fowler
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRWXDiGCbx4uiUtgR63gKQw
« Reply #100838 on: September 20, 2019, 07:24:31 PM »
U23s streaming on Youtube:

https://youtu.be/eKSLmouHpoU

We're winning 1-0 but don't know who scored as just put it on.

Offline BigRedLetterDay

• Kemlynite
« Reply #100839 on: September 20, 2019, 07:40:03 PM »
U23s streaming on Youtube:

https://youtu.be/eKSLmouHpoU

We're winning 1-0 but don't know who scored as just put it on.

Curtis Jones