Author Topic: WWE/Other Wrestling Thread  (Read 3472318 times)

Offline wampa1

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: WWE/Other Wrestling Thread
« Reply #67640 on: November 25, 2018, 09:14:39 PM »
Yep, right when you thought they'd finished burying the legacy of WCW...

Offline Claus

• It's not always fun or easy getting up. Only associates with saucy fuckers!
  • Believer
« Reply #67641 on: November 26, 2018, 12:35:12 AM »
Yep, right when you thought they'd finished burying the legacy of WCW...

WCW did that, honestly.

Offline King.Keita

• Doesn't believe in YNWA, turns his stream off if Liverpool are losing. Can only support the club under his terms.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #67642 on: November 26, 2018, 09:57:20 AM »
Vince's ego is huge, can't believe he's still on this WCW thing. He did it at Wrestlemania 31 as well for Sting v HHH. They've been out of business for 17 years now ffs.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • Believer
« Reply #67643 on: November 26, 2018, 01:31:42 PM »
So in something which I would definitely call false in any other situation, but it is wrestling so anything can be true.

Apparently Dave Maverick/Rockstar Spud had to really piss himself at Survivor Series, cause the fake piss pack malfunctioned
Help my friend who is aspiring to be a sports journalist get an internship by viewing his blog. He writes better stuff than most other sports journo's: http://tomkellywriting.wordpress.com/

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
« Reply #67644 on: November 26, 2018, 03:50:43 PM »
So in something which I would definitely call false in any other situation, but it is wrestling so anything can be true.

Apparently Dave Maverick/Rockstar Spud had to really piss himself at Survivor Series, cause the fake piss pack malfunctioned

To be fair, I’ve seen and experienced worse with regards to bodily fluids in a wrestling ring.

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
« Reply #67645 on: November 26, 2018, 03:56:44 PM »
I have to say, I’m not normally a fan of digging up people’s social media past but Vince’s latest call up seems like a good dude doesn’t he.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/11/26/lars-sullivan-suggested-taking-people-man-considering-suicide/

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Believer
« Reply #67646 on: November 26, 2018, 07:02:38 PM »
Random question:

Been watching the collection of Jericho on the network recently, and noticed that in some of the WCW vids his music is the same as his WWE music..... did he always have that entrance theme? I thought it was new to WWE, or do WWE go back and dub over old sound?
No that was his music in WCW, it was a cover to Pearl Jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gUNsskAEis&t=4s
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

• Djurgården Disease
  • Believer
« Reply #67647 on: November 26, 2018, 10:42:48 PM »
So WWE UK just killed UK Wrestling scene

https://wrestletalk.com/news/british-wrestling-in-turmoil-new-restrictions-on-nxt-uk-talent-imminent/

Basically NXT UK stars can't wrestle for any promotion other than pre-approved ones, and cannot wrestle talent signed for any other company.

Will also defacto mean UK talent won't wrestle for certain promotions (for example I can't see ZSJ or Ospreay doing much for Progress now when they can't wrestle most of the roster)

WALTER has also just been signed for this as well so he has gone.

Basically enjoy NXT UK's absolutely nothing program in hoarding talent, or enjoy real little league UK wrestling.

Funny how a promotion calling itself "Punk Rock Pro Wrestling" helped sell UK wrestling to the big corporation
Help my friend who is aspiring to be a sports journalist get an internship by viewing his blog. He writes better stuff than most other sports journo's: http://tomkellywriting.wordpress.com/

Offline tubby

• Not on my watch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #67648 on: November 26, 2018, 11:00:10 PM »
Can't believe anyone didn't think this is where WWE were always heading when they started moving in on the UK scene.  Frustrating because if there's genuine competition, then their product would need to up its game to beat it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• Djurgården Disease
  • Believer
« Reply #67649 on: November 26, 2018, 11:06:47 PM »
Can't believe anyone didn't think this is where WWE were always heading when they started moving in on the UK scene.  Frustrating because if there's genuine competition, then their product would need to up its game to beat it.

People tried to believe Smallman saying it was a throwing UK scene with WWE help.

Now everyone starves. Only person who may come out good is Chris Brooke's. He's suddenly UK wrestling top face for the fact that he actively does not want to sign

Offline Claus

• Believer
« Reply #67650 on: November 27, 2018, 04:14:45 AM »

It doesn't even make sense. There's no competition coming from the UK and none of these guys are international stars so it's not like going to New Japan or TNA or wherever is a potential issue.

They're just waiting money paying guys.

• Djurgården Disease
  • Believer
« Reply #67651 on: November 27, 2018, 06:00:37 AM »
It doesn't even make sense. There's no competition coming from the UK and none of these guys are international stars so it's not like going to New Japan or TNA or wherever is a potential issue.

They're just waiting money paying guys.

A few of them are international stars, WALTER being the big one, and Devlin with OTT. The rest are really rising stars, the next Dunne, ZSJ, Scurll, and Ospreay.

Now they aren't, and UK scene which was a but of a hotbed is cut at the knees a little. Not about competition from UK, just a matter of crushing anything not WWE. Also means these stars can't go to what WWE perceives as real competition (like NJPW) even though in reality they aren't competition they are just in 2nd place

Seems to be WWE policy now; take everyone. I mean they fucking signed Punishment Martinez just because he wrestled for ROH, not based on him being over or good.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 06:02:18 AM by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline Claus

• Believer
« Reply #67652 on: November 27, 2018, 06:34:38 AM »
A few of them are international stars, WALTER being the big one, and Devlin with OTT. The rest are really rising stars, the next Dunne, ZSJ, Scurll, and Ospreay.

Now they aren't, and UK scene which was a but of a hotbed is cut at the knees a little. Not about competition from UK, just a matter of crushing anything not WWE. Also means these stars can't go to what WWE perceives as real competition (like NJPW) even though in reality they aren't competition they are just in 2nd place

Seems to be WWE policy now; take everyone. I mean they fucking signed Punishment Martinez just because he wrestled for ROH, not based on him being over or good.

I think guys will refuse to sign or let their contracts expire though. Pete Dunne has been the NXT UK champ forever and there's no clear path to the main roster for him, so what's the point?

If the money is that good that they make more sitting on the shelf than working, then fair enough. Take the money for a few years and buy a house etc. But I can't imagine it's that much.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #67653 on: November 27, 2018, 08:22:05 AM »
Just to play devils advocate on this

The main issue seems to stem from UK guys turning up to the performance centre injured doing these indi shows facing guys that aren't contracted by WWE. Fighting in a style that wont help them in a WWE environment.

WWE are compensating UK guys a bit better with improved contracts and setting up this UK performance centre as a clearer pathway to the main roster.

Most of this wont hurt the actual talent. They get a few months with WWE on their CV, a good pay cheque, less hectic schedule and once done can drop back down to the indies.

The UK promotions will be hurt by this but will give them chance to bring though new guys

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #67654 on: November 27, 2018, 08:22:57 AM »
Oh and appears like RAW was a steaming pile as usual. No main event push. Brock in the wind yet again.

• Djurgården Disease
  • Believer
« Reply #67655 on: November 27, 2018, 08:27:57 AM »
Just to play devils advocate on this

The main issue seems to stem from UK guys turning up to the performance centre injured doing these indi shows facing guys that aren't contracted by WWE. Fighting in a style that wont help them in a WWE environment.

WWE are compensating UK guys a bit better with improved contracts and setting up this UK performance centre as a clearer pathway to the main roster.

Most of this wont hurt the actual talent. They get a few months with WWE on their CV, a good pay cheque, less hectic schedule and once done can drop back down to the indies.

The UK promotions will be hurt by this but will give them chance to bring though new guys

Thing that gets me is that they don't do anything but turn up to a show once every 2 months for a bad show, and have little chance of heading up to even Orlando NXT.

And they will be taken for as long as WWE can fund this.

UK wrestling may bring through new talent but it will take a while. Most of the top and middle level talents are taken. Basically start from the beginning where it was in 2011

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Believer
« Reply #67656 on: December 3, 2018, 08:19:44 PM »

I knew I shouldn't have moved out of London
PSN: Level-Frontier

Offline tubby

• Not on my watch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #67657 on: December 3, 2018, 08:28:19 PM »
Looks like tickets on sale tomorrow, will see if I can pick some up because that match will be nuts.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Believer
« Reply #67658 on: December 5, 2018, 12:19:49 AM »
Lowest Raw ratings of all time last night. This is of course a typical down period where things only pick up again on Royal Rumble night. But lowest ever... its hard to defend.
PSN: Level-Frontier

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Believer
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #67659 on: December 5, 2018, 10:50:04 AM »
Just heard the Dynamite Kid has passed away.

RIP
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline tubby

• Not on my watch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #67660 on: December 5, 2018, 11:47:48 AM »
Awful human being by all accounts, incredibly influential wrestler.

Online Hellrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he?
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #67661 on: December 5, 2018, 11:52:40 AM »
Just heard the Dynamite Kid has passed away.

RIP
indeed

sorry he is gone but an absolute prick by all accounts

and before anyone has a pop at me this is a fella who used to wake his wife up with a pistol pointing in her mouth
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #67662 on: December 5, 2018, 06:32:42 PM »
indeed

sorry he is gone but an absolute prick by all accounts

and before anyone has a pop at me this is a fella who used to wake his wife up with a pistol pointing in her mouth
Same, an absolute top talent for what he could do in the ring, but just a stone cold deadbeat of a human being.  It's weird as I'd love to read his book but at the same time it's like "Do I really want to know what goes on in this psycho's head?"

In other news, the way the WWE brand is going to be fucking over the British indie scene in the new year doesn't seem fun for the industry.  One hope is that unionisation isn't such a dirty word over here so perhaps something could be done.  Here's one comment on it:

My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and pretend they're mine.
  • Believer
« Reply #67663 on: December 6, 2018, 12:27:04 PM »
Interesting Bret Hart interview about putting Stone Cold over.

https://youtu.be/JbGJ3V7NbJg

Online Hellrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he?
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #67664 on: December 6, 2018, 10:29:35 PM »
Larry the ax hennig died today (Mr perfects dad)

Online Hellrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #67665 on: December 6, 2018, 10:51:31 PM »
The most bizarre promo I've ever seen

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cvWePT-o9eo

Online On The Eeleventh Day Of Lobo...

• Chief Suck Up.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • I'm hot for you Patricia
« Reply #67666 on: December 7, 2018, 12:18:42 AM »
The most bizarre promo I've ever seen

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cvWePT-o9eo

Fucking hell  ;D

I think three years was about the max anyone should really have got out of the Warrior, the fucking lunatic
Yeah, for thinking Kane is better than Torres/Bergkamp. Crazy opinion.

Never go full retard

Online Hellrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #67667 on: December 7, 2018, 08:48:00 AM »
Fucking hell  ;D

I think three years was about the max anyone should really have got out of the Warrior, the fucking lunatic
i loved him

i heard one rumour that in 1998 before he was to debut in wcw, mcmahon phoned him and offered him mega money to jump ship there and then but he told vince where to go

not sure how the warrior would work in the attitude era. he was in at the right time

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and pretend they're mine.
  • Believer
« Reply #67668 on: December 7, 2018, 11:17:38 AM »
Has John Cena got a film out? He's on The Graham Norton Show tonight so he must be promoting something.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #67669 on: December 7, 2018, 11:38:47 AM »
Has John Cena got a film out? He's on The Graham Norton Show tonight so he must be promoting something.

He's in that bumblebee film

Online Hellrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #67670 on: December 7, 2018, 11:40:05 AM »
He's in that bumblebee film
buzz off, really?

Online foreveragnome

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Formerly fordy87
« Reply #67671 on: December 7, 2018, 12:13:42 PM »
Yeah he's playing a robot character devoid of any charisma or personality...called John Cena.

;D

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #67672 on: December 7, 2018, 12:42:33 PM »
Funnily enough he plays a 'by-the-book' military agent that is tricked into bringing down Bumblebee but along the way learns that there 'More than meets the eye' with a plot to destroy Earth

Online Hellrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
« Reply #67673 on: December 7, 2018, 12:50:09 PM »
bit of a stinger that

Offline Claus

• Believer
« Reply #67674 on: December 7, 2018, 04:34:59 PM »
Stealth GI Joe reboot IMO