Author Topic: WWE/Other Wrestling Thread  (Read 3451103 times)

Offline Claus

• It's not always fun or easy getting up. Only associates with saucy fuckers!
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: WWE/Other Wrestling Thread
« Reply #66800 on: August 16, 2018, 07:30:55 AM »
How many times bigger was WWF than WCW in the 90s before WCW turned it around in a short few years. NJPW is expanding into the US rapidly. They just sold out MSG quicker than Vince has ever done barring WreatleMania. The WWE don't want another company coming in and getting a big sponsorship money or a TV deal because then Vince knows that the playing field starts to level out if that were to happen. That's why he will do everything he can to shut this down.

Nowhere near 20x, maybe twice as big? Possibly? I can't imagine much more than that. Turner Broadcasting were bigger than WWF when they took over WCW though, so I guess if Jeff Bezos buys New Japan you and your kind will get your Monday Night Wars again.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Believer
« Reply #66801 on: August 16, 2018, 07:32:29 AM »
What the fuck do her looks have to do with Dave Meltzer and why is he passing comment?

We're at a watershed moment in human history where women are finally being judged for what they do, not what they look like. Meltzer's comment was unnecessary and disrespectful especially as this moment is still so new and vulnerable.

Is it not a cosmetic business? Can he not talk about her look or is there a double standard here and we can only talk about the way men look? Again, this idea that we are at a watershed moment where women aren't judged on looks is being blind to the reality. If that were the case, she wouldn't need a boob job as soon as she gets to the main roster just because that is the look that Pervy old  men like Vince and Dunn want so you can get ahead in your professional career.

Why does no one bat an eyelid when Meltzer talks about male physiques in a business with a history of people dropping in their 40s due to all the steroids they took just to get the look that Vince approves of.

Offline Claus

• Believer
« Reply #66802 on: August 16, 2018, 07:38:42 AM »
Is it not a cosmetic business? Can he not talk about her look or is there a double standard here and we can only talk about the way men look? Again, this idea that we are at a watershed moment where women aren't judged on looks is being blind to the reality. If that were the case, she wouldn't need a boob job as soon as she gets to the main roster just because that is the look that Pervy old  men like Vince and Dunn want so you can get ahead in your professional career.

Why does no one bat an eyelid when Meltzer talks about male physiques in a business with a history of people dropping in their 40s due to all the steroids they took just to get the look that Vince approves of.

Re-read that post again and ask yourself if this is the best you can come up with.

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Believer
« Reply #66803 on: August 16, 2018, 07:39:32 AM »
Nowhere near 20x, maybe twice as big? Possibly? I can't imagine much more than that. Turner Broadcasting were bigger than WWF when they took over WCW though, so I guess if Jeff Bezos buys New Japan you and your kind will get your Monday Night Wars again.

WCW were losing millions every year in the early 90s. NJPW is growing rapidly and Vince knows it. All they need is good visibility on a good station which pays decent money and they would be in a position to compete directly with the WWE for the same fans. WWE is only.growing due to the current climate of TV stations will to pay obscene amounts for live sports content. This is something that NJPW.can piggyback off just like the WWE did and there is no better way to get the attention of the new york.media or top sponsors  and execs than selling out MSG in 15 mins.

Things can change quickly and Vince knows it which is why he tried to shut it down in the first place.

Re-read that post again and ask yourself if this is the best you can come up with.

So basically you can't refute any of my points.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 07:41:55 AM by LFC when it suits »

Offline Claus

• Believer
« Reply #66804 on: August 16, 2018, 07:48:40 AM »
WCW were losing millions every year in the early 90s. NJPW is growing rapidly and Vince knows it. All they need is good visibility on a good station which pays decent money and they would be in a position to compete directly with the WWE for the same fans. WWE is only.growing due to the current climate of TV stations will to pay obscene amounts for live sports content. This is something that NJPW.can piggyback off just like the WWE did and there is no better way to get the attention of the new york.media or top sponsors  and execs than selling out MSG in 15 mins.

Things can change quickly and Vince knows it which is why he tried to shut it down in the first place.

WWE is growing constantly and has been for ages. The tv deal is a result of that, not a cause.

New Japan just had their second best year, ever. Their best is 1997. They're growing at a slower rate than WWE, and your phenomebal and we'll thought out argument consisting of "they sold out a show" and "tv is worth a lot of money" doesn't outweigh a quick look at those numbers.

5 years ago NJPW was miles behind WWE. Now they're even further behind.

So basically you can't refute any of my points.

You have no legitimate points to refute, just some braying nonsense. And it sure as shit isn't my job to explain sexism and the western patriarchy to you when you have the world's most powerful search engine at your fingertips.

• Believer
« Reply #66805 on: August 16, 2018, 07:58:12 AM »
WWE is growing constantly and has been for ages. The tv deal is a result of that, not a cause.

New Japan just had their second best year, ever. Their best is 1997. They're growing at a slower rate than WWE, and your phenomebal and we'll thought out argument consisting of "they sold out a show" and "tv is worth a lot of money" doesn't outweigh a quick look at those numbers.

5 years ago NJPW was miles behind WWE. Now they're even further behind.

You have no legitimate points to refute, just some braying nonsense. And it sure as shit isn't my job to explain sexism and the western patriarchy to you when you have the world's most powerful search engine at your fingertips.

The growth of the WWE is not down to what they are doing. It's down to the fact that we are in a weird time where TV companies are paying ridiculous fees for anything considered live sports even when WWEs audience is dwindling at rapid rate. If being the number 1 wrestling company is valued at 500 million a year with dwindling ratings then how much is being the 2nd wrestling company worth? Bellator is a proof.of what being number 2 can be worth even with poor ratings gs. If NJPW can get any of these big sponsorship or a TV deal, then WWE has legit competition in the form of a company growing it's fanbase. You see the difference between WWE and NJPW is that NJPW is gaining new fans rapidly while WWE is losing fans.

Offline Claus

• Believer
« Reply #66806 on: August 16, 2018, 08:10:56 AM »
The growth of the WWE is not down to what they are doing. It's down to the fact that we are in a weird time where TV companies are paying ridiculous fees for anything considered live sports even when WWEs audience is dwindling at rapid rate. If being the number 1 wrestling company is valued at 500 million a year with dwindling ratings then how much is being the 2nd wrestling company worth? Bellator is a proof.of what being number 2 can be worth even with poor ratings gs. If NJPW can get any of these big sponsorship or a TV deal, then WWE has legit competition in the form of a company growing it's fanbase. You see the difference between WWE and NJPW is that NJPW is gaining new fans rapidly while WWE is losing fans.

The beauty of posts like this (aside from being utter fucking nonsense) is that you clearly haven't thought your wet dream through to it's conclusion.

What do you think a weekly 2 or 3 hour New Japan live tv show looks like compared to all these shows you guys love right now? Bear in mind that show will need all their top stars appearing if not working on it every week, after working a house show schedule of some sort. They'll need to fit in commercial breaks during matches and add new American stars to draw the casuals. Those top stars will have to work lighter to prevent injuries from derailing the product too, don't forget.

Looks a lot like an episode of Raw already doesn't it?

• Believer
« Reply #66807 on: August 16, 2018, 08:32:01 AM »
The beauty of posts like this (aside from being utter fucking nonsense) is that you clearly haven't thought your wet dream through to it's conclusion.

What do you think a weekly 2 or 3 hour New Japan live tv show looks like compared to all these shows you guys love right now? Bear in mind that show will need all their top stars appearing if not working on it every week, after working a house show schedule of some sort. They'll need to fit in commercial breaks during matches and add new American stars to draw the casuals. Those top stars will have to work lighter to prevent injuries from derailing the product too, don't forget.

Looks a lot like an episode of Raw already doesn't it?

They already have a weekly TV show on a weak channel though. It isn't live but doesn't need to be. It needs to be up to date. They also do live G1 specials (which they need to do more of) and it looks nothing like that shit show that is Raw. You can refer to those to see how they would do all these things. NJPWs viewing figures have grown double digits each year on AXS but they need a better channel going forward. Selling out MSG is the kind of thing that helps your cause in getting that. 

Offline only5times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Believer
« Reply #66808 on: August 16, 2018, 09:55:38 AM »
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online tubby

• Not on my watch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #66809 on: August 16, 2018, 10:15:45 AM »
Dumb comment from Meltzer, should've known better.  Dumb response from Peyton who completely misunderstood the point he was making.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Believer
« Reply #66810 on: August 16, 2018, 11:09:27 AM »
We're at a watershed moment in human history where women are finally being judged for what they do, not what they look like. Meltzer's comment was unnecessary and disrespectful especially as this moment is still so new and vulnerable.

Sorry to be a cynic but: hahahahaha
PSN: Level-Frontier

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #66811 on: August 16, 2018, 11:45:01 AM »

• Believer
« Reply #66812 on: August 16, 2018, 12:04:59 PM »
Don't know much about the UK wrestling scene but sad news

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/british-wrestling-legend-ian-doc-15035252

remember seeing him on some B level WCW shows during the now years. Think Pro of Saturday Night. Sad news.

The biggest moment of his career would have been beating Jushin Liger in 97 in an upset.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 12:06:36 PM by LFC when it suits »

Offline only5times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Believer
« Reply #66813 on: August 16, 2018, 12:27:58 PM »
remember seeing him on some B level WCW shows during the now years. Think Pro of Saturday Night. Sad news.

The biggest moment of his career would have been beating Jushin Liger in 97 in an upset.
Him and Robbie Brookside did a video diary for the BBC which was excellent.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Claus

• Believer
« Reply #66814 on: August 16, 2018, 02:23:29 PM »
Sorry to be a cynic but: hahahahaha

Well I mean it's happening with or without your cynicism.

You'll be ok though, I don't think the me too movement includes blow up dolls.

Offline Eel Lobo

• Chief Suck Up.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • I'm hot for you Patricia
« Reply #66815 on: August 16, 2018, 03:05:11 PM »
Well I mean it's happening with or without your cynicism.

You'll be ok though, I don't think the me too movement includes blow up dolls.

Yeah, for thinking Kane is better than Torres/Bergkamp. Crazy opinion.

Never go full retard

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #66816 on: August 16, 2018, 03:36:05 PM »
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA
www.twitter.com/AndrewNessy

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Believer
« Reply #66817 on: August 16, 2018, 09:00:10 PM »
Meltzer was really dumb with what he said, should know better, his apology seemed sincere at least..

Don't think Seth or anyone from WWE were piping up when they got their Saudi Arabia pay cheques though.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #66818 on: August 16, 2018, 10:32:17 PM »
Sad to hear of the passing of Jim the Anvil Neidhart, my 1st WWE pay per view as kid. Not too many of that generation around now.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Believer
« Reply #66819 on: August 16, 2018, 10:43:04 PM »
The only blow up doll I have is the one I wrestle with!

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Believer
« Reply #66820 on: August 16, 2018, 11:30:13 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45214183

Meltzer story is now on the BBC, I'm gonna have to go into work tomorrow and get people asking me about this shit :lmao

Offline Claus

• Believer
« Reply #66821 on: August 16, 2018, 11:33:59 PM »
Exceptional

• Believer
« Reply #66822 on: August 16, 2018, 11:48:52 PM »
Crazy how his comments have been taken out of context  and how far the story has been blown out of proportion with few people even bothering to check.

He didn't even "body shame" her.

Offline Eel Lobo

• Chief Suck Up.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • I'm hot for you Patricia
« Reply #66823 on: August 17, 2018, 12:10:43 AM »
I thought this Meltzer guy didn’t like WWE?  ::) He’s given them a lot of free publicity there.
Yeah, for thinking Kane is better than Torres/Bergkamp. Crazy opinion.

Never go full retard

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #66824 on: August 17, 2018, 12:31:52 AM »
RoH have sold out Madison Square Garden

First time anyone has taken a wrestling show to the Garden and sold it out that didn't have a McMahon leading it.

I know it means nothing in an era of Stadium booked WWE shows. A sold out Garden would be a glorified house show to WWE nowadays. But the Garden is Vince's (Snr and Jr) hallowed ground. You just couldn't book a wrestling show there ever.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Believer
« Reply #66825 on: August 17, 2018, 08:49:49 AM »
RoH have sold out Madison Square Garden

First time anyone has taken a wrestling show to the Garden and sold it out that didn't have a McMahon leading it.

I know it means nothing in an era of Stadium booked WWE shows. A sold out Garden would be a glorified house show to WWE nowadays. But the Garden is Vince's (Snr and Jr) hallowed ground. You just couldn't book a wrestling show there ever.

I can't wait to be there! I have a decent ticket (row 10 in lower tier facing the stage) which is basically where the TV cameras go. Not arsed about where I sit for Mania now although I'd prefer to not be at the very top highest row in a 80k stadium ;D

Also WWE don't always sell out MSG, in fact I think they ran a show there recently and Vince was so angry it didn't sell out he had AJ Styles beat Owens for the US title in the main event last summer, as a way of telling people that they missed out.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #66826 on: August 17, 2018, 10:43:57 AM »
Don't think Seth or anyone from WWE were piping up when they got their Saudi Arabia pay cheques though.

Very good point. The whole industry is superficial and obsessed with body image, seems a bit blown out of proportion to me. Some people just have it in for Meltzer.

If it did lead to a change in less body conscious recruitment, I'm all for it though.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Claus

• Believer
« Reply #66827 on: August 17, 2018, 02:56:23 PM »
Very good point. The whole industry is superficial and obsessed with body image, seems a bit blown out of proportion to me. Some people just have it in for Meltzer.

If it did lead to a change in less body conscious recruitment, I'm all for it though.

Kevin Owens

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • Believer
« Reply #66828 on: August 17, 2018, 06:29:04 PM »
Kevin Owens

Different story with the women. A large portion of the original MYC cast were not given deals cause they were not attractive enough despite being very talented wrestlers. Hell at one point before she came up there were questions on Becky Lynch being attractive enough, which is mind boggling.

We're talking about a company that feels the need to put 50 pounds of Make-Up on Ronda Rousey to make her look "presentable" and who gives pushes to women suspiciously close to when they had breast augmentation surgery (Eva Marie before she was sacked, Lana got a push returning from surgery, Dana got brought up immediately after surgery despite being not even close to ready, even the IIconics came up only after they had surgery).

Hell there hasn't been a women's title match not including a girl with Blonde hair in 3 years because it is pretty evident that is Vince's type.

Let's not pretend there isn't an extremely superficial culture with WWE women. It is getting better in NXT, but the Main Roster is still quite dodgy in this regard
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 06:31:04 PM by Stockholm Syndrome »
Help my friend who is aspiring to be a sports journalist get an internship by viewing his blog. He writes better stuff than most other sports journo's: http://tomkellywriting.wordpress.com/

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #66829 on: August 17, 2018, 09:31:33 PM »
Different story with the women. A large portion of the original MYC cast were not given deals cause they were not attractive enough despite being very talented wrestlers. Hell at one point before she came up there were questions on Becky Lynch being attractive enough, which is mind boggling.

We're talking about a company that feels the need to put 50 pounds of Make-Up on Ronda Rousey to make her look "presentable" and who gives pushes to women suspiciously close to when they had breast augmentation surgery (Eva Marie before she was sacked, Lana got a push returning from surgery, Dana got brought up immediately after surgery despite being not even close to ready, even the IIconics came up only after they had surgery).

Hell there hasn't been a women's title match not including a girl with Blonde hair in 3 years because it is pretty evident that is Vince's type.

Let's not pretend there isn't an extremely superficial culture with WWE women. It is getting better in NXT, but the Main Roster is still quite dodgy in this regard

Well said. Kevin Owens is one of the exceptions and even he was overlooked for ages.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 09:34:12 PM by damomad »
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Claus

• Believer
« Reply #66830 on: August 17, 2018, 09:56:08 PM »

This isn't true.

I agree it's always been a cosmetic business to a point, but I think two factors have changed that over the last 5 or so years.

1) a greatly diminished talent pool. Instead of former football players and athletes, it's backyarders and wrestling fans coming up. Pretty hard to have big muscle guys come through when they're off doing MMA or whatever.

2) WWE is way more socially aware now than before. It's all cynical and marketing based, but they are. Nobody ever mocks Kevin Owens for being a fat tub of goo, when Rock would have fucking ended him with one sentence in 98.

And Owens is the best example. He's not Vader or Bam Bam hoss fat. He's just fat. And he's been a world champion and a featured star for ages.

So yeah WWE was always superficial. Yes Vince etc still are. But they're not anyore, at least as a produced television  show. And that still doesn't mean Meltzer is allowed to bodyshame women.

Well said. Kevin Owens is one of the exceptions and even he was overlooked for ages.

Overlooked!? What?

• Djurgården Disease
  • Believer
« Reply #66831 on: August 17, 2018, 10:34:18 PM »
This isn't true.

I agree it's always been a cosmetic business to a point, but I think two factors have changed that over the last 5 or so years.

1) a greatly diminished talent pool. Instead of former football players and athletes, it's backyarders and wrestling fans coming up. Pretty hard to have big muscle guys come through when they're off doing MMA or whatever.

2) WWE is way more socially aware now than before. It's all cynical and marketing based, but they are. Nobody ever mocks Kevin Owens for being a fat tub of goo, when Rock would have fucking ended him with one sentence in 98.

And Owens is the best example. He's not Vader or Bam Bam hoss fat. He's just fat. And he's been a world champion and a featured star for ages.

So yeah WWE was always superficial. Yes Vince etc still are. But they're not anyore, at least as a produced television  show. And that still doesn't mean Meltzer is allowed to bodyshame women.

Overlooked!? What?

The last women's match involving someone without blonde hair was Paige vs Nikki Bella at MitB 2015. Crazy as it sounds that's absolutely true (mainly cause only title matches not including Charlotte or Alexa Bliss were Naomi vs Lana, Naomi vs Natalya, Asuka vs Carmella, and Nia vs Ronda).

And I agree with image somewhat changing in WWE...for men. You can have someone like Owens or Joe who is quite large, or someone like Bryan or Adam Cole who is very small. But I still believe for the women while they are adding less women just for being glamour models, how a woman looks is still massively important to WWE, sometimes beyond skill. Otherwise someone like Viper and Kay Lee Ray would be hired yesterday. The only woman who is not a traditional beauty is Nia, who is a cousin of the Rock so...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 10:35:49 PM by Stockholm Syndrome »
Help my friend who is aspiring to be a sports journalist get an internship by viewing his blog. He writes better stuff than most other sports journo's: http://tomkellywriting.wordpress.com/

Offline Claus

• Believer
« Reply #66832 on: August 17, 2018, 10:58:06 PM »
The last women's match involving someone without blonde hair was Paige vs Nikki Bella at MitB 2015. Crazy as it sounds that's absolutely true (mainly cause only title matches not including Charlotte or Alexa Bliss were Naomi vs Lana, Naomi vs Natalya, Asuka vs Carmella, and Nia vs Ronda).

And I agree with image somewhat changing in WWE...for men. You can have someone like Owens or Joe who is quite large, or someone like Bryan or Adam Cole who is very small. But I still believe for the women while they are adding less women just for being glamour models, how a woman looks is still massively important to WWE, sometimes beyond skill. Otherwise someone like Viper and Kay Lee Ray would be hired yesterday. The only woman who is not a traditional beauty is Nia, who is a cousin of the Rock so...

I looked it up and you're right, with an Esk-esque caveat - 90% of women's matches involved either Charlotte or Alexa, so it's skewed by those two constantly holding the belt. It's mad as fuck to see it, although I do think it's more to do with Charlotte being a Flair and Alexa being the only good one on the mic than their hair.

I still think Nia counts, Rock or no Rock. She could have got the big gross monster push and instead they push her as unconventionally beautiful. That's progress. Some of the others who have come up have been pushed away from their looks, and Asuka especially is way beyond that.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Believer
« Reply #66833 on: August 17, 2018, 11:11:11 PM »
https://deadspin.com/there-are-no-clean-hands-in-the-latest-wwe-twitter-blow-1828409695

Deadspin article about times in the last decade WWE bodyshamed their own talent, such as John Laurenitis calling AJ Lee 'unfuckable'. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

My feelings on WWE staff after this faux-outrage are... "they're all rentboys mate, they're all fuckin rentboys."

Funny how Tyler Breeze tweeted at Meltzer 'your voice carries weight' when for years and years WWE haven't let Observer interview any of their talent because they perceive it to be a tinpot production... and now they seem to have worked themselves into a shoot thinking the Observer helped sell out MSG for rival feds. LOL at all of this.

• Djurgården Disease
  • Believer
« Reply #66834 on: August 17, 2018, 11:30:02 PM »
I looked it up and you're right, with an Esk-esque caveat - 90% of women's matches involved either Charlotte or Alexa, so it's skewed by those two constantly holding the belt. It's mad as fuck to see it, although I do think it's more to do with Charlotte being a Flair and Alexa being the only good one on the mic than their hair.

I still think Nia counts, Rock or no Rock. She could have got the big gross monster push and instead they push her as unconventionally beautiful. That's progress. Some of the others who have come up have been pushed away from their looks, and Asuka especially is way beyond that.

I entirely agree with the caveat, it is skewered. But it still doesn't deny the fact that being blonde and "sexy" has power. Not to sound crude but I don't see anything to Carmella beyond her looks. Lana is the same, although she is part of a successful act in Rusev so I can give some benefit of the doubt.

Things are changing for the better, but the issue is still present. As much as they portray themselves as pinnacles of progression, there is still a fair bit to go.

https://deadspin.com/there-are-no-clean-hands-in-the-latest-wwe-twitter-blow-1828409695

Deadspin article about times in the last decade WWE bodyshamed their own talent, such as John Laurenitis calling AJ Lee 'unfuckable'. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

My feelings on WWE staff after this faux-outrage are... "they're all rentboys mate, they're all fuckin rentboys."

Funny how Tyler Breeze tweeted at Meltzer 'your voice carries weight' when for years and years WWE haven't let Observer interview any of their talent because they perceive it to be a tinpot production... and now they seem to have worked themselves into a shoot thinking the Observer helped sell out MSG for rival feds. LOL at all of this.

I think the crucial line here is how it felt like the companies hand prints. I have my doubts it was a co-ordinated attack, even if I wouldn't put anything past Vince. But as I said previously it seems like an acceptable target, so the wolves circle and cause a big scene over not much of anything but a clumsy man making bad remarks out of his own stupidity.

In the end it all seems unnecessary and somewhat aggressive and harsh for a man who spent the best part of 40 minutes apologizing and showing genuine remorse. Less like anyone on the roster is concerned by the comments and more that they want to look great beating the villain.

Meanwhile Hogan comes out and says anyone who doesn't accept his watery shit of an apology isn't respecting the brootherhood of wrestlers, and not a peep from anyone. Bunch of fucking hypocrites and sycophants the lot of them

• Djurgården Disease
  • Believer
« Reply #66835 on: August 17, 2018, 11:39:47 PM »

Also funnily enough, I know they specifically targetting someone tweeting MYC results cause he writes for the observer. Specifically mentioned it. No one else was told to stop but him. A good lad and a constant presence in NXT crowds, friends with Izzy the Bayley fan. This days before this controversy, around the time of the MSG sellout.

Online tubby

• Not on my watch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #66836 on: August 18, 2018, 02:10:51 AM »
Good article, that Deadspin one.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Claus

• Believer
« Reply #66837 on: August 18, 2018, 02:49:02 AM »
Lolol quoting fucking Bix of all fucking people.

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #66838 on: August 18, 2018, 04:32:11 AM »
I stumbled onto Jim Cornette's YouTube channel and my god that nut is entertaining. Not a filter on him AT ALL. So many juicy insider stories. I'm addicted.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwnY1dm-KAaCIZOuHo-Z_Vg

• Djurgården Disease
  • Believer
« Reply #66839 on: August 18, 2018, 08:18:45 AM »
Lolol quoting fucking Bix of all fucking people.

I dislike Bix as much as the next man, but he is a damn good writer