Author Topic: Best photo you've taken yourself.  (Read 413529 times)

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Best photo you've taken yourself.
« Reply #4160 on: April 5, 2021, 03:21:37 pm »
Yeah as liverbloke said its about an hour and a half of 20 second exposures (270 photos) then stacked using a free program called starstax

Nice. What kind of equipment you need for that?

Offline LOKKO

• Believer
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #4161 on: April 5, 2021, 03:25:09 pm »
Nice. What kind of equipment you need for t

A DSLR and a cable/remote shutter release that's about it
Nice. What kind of equipment you need for that?
a DSLR that can use a cable/remote to keep it shooting as long as you need it to

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #4162 on: April 7, 2021, 07:47:19 am »
Byron Bay Sunrise
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #4163 on: April 7, 2021, 11:15:39 pm »
The Glass House Mountains, Queensland. A photo of my mate Mat preparing a shot of the landscape, I find myself more and more being drawn to black and white. 

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius.
  • Believer
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #4164 on: April 8, 2021, 08:47:53 am »
@BSBW

very professional mate

but don't get lost in black and white because even though the stripping back of colour can make the image both stark and instantly more powerful as we aren't distracted by colour and therefore the viewer invests more time and therefore more interest in the image, being black and white doesn't necessarily make it a more interesting image nor a piece of art - la ansel adams

i'm interested in photography and a lot of black and white is consumer led, which isn't a bad thing if you're selling your stuff, but location, composition, time of day and technique is still what makes a great photograph a great photograph (any story to be told will be there within those parameters)

but i'm most probably telling you something you already know  :wave

but a tip to anyone who wants to take better landscape photos - you have got to go to great or interesting places

you won't get a great landscape down at the local park by the duck pond but travelling to a fantastic location usually means that half the work has been done for you by nature - you just have to nail the composition and the technique once there as well as well as the right time of day and massive luck with the weather

luckily in this country we have awesome landscapes everywhere - so get out there when you can and practice practice and practice again

∆∆p≥h/4π

Offline BSBW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #4165 on: April 8, 2021, 01:33:08 pm »
@BSBW

very professional mate

but don't get lost in black and white because even though the stripping back of colour can make the image both stark and instantly more powerful as we aren't distracted by colour and therefore the viewer invests more time and therefore more interest in the image, being black and white doesn't necessarily make it a more interesting image nor a piece of art - la ansel adams

i'm interested in photography and a lot of black and white is consumer led, which isn't a bad thing if you're selling your stuff, but location, composition, time of day and technique is still what makes a great photograph a great photograph (any story to be told will be there within those parameters)

but i'm most probably telling you something you already know  :wave

but a tip to anyone who wants to take better landscape photos - you have got to go to great or interesting places

you won't get a great landscape down at the local park by the duck pond but travelling to a fantastic location usually means that half the work has been done for you by nature - you just have to nail the composition and the technique once there as well as well as the right time of day and massive luck with the weather

luckily in this country we have awesome landscapes everywhere - so get out there when you can and practice practice and practice again

Cheers mate, good advice 

Offline Komic

• Believer
« Reply #4166 on: April 8, 2021, 08:37:11 pm »

Lake Atitlan, Guatemala