Author Topic: Arguments against being vegan  (Read 9408 times)

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• Anny Roader
Re: Arguments against being vegan
« Reply #400 on: April 2, 2019, 01:51:48 PM »
Chorizo alone is the biggest argument against veganism.

Fuck yeah. What else is a butcher meant to do with lips, ears and anuses?
It's all good.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #401 on: April 2, 2019, 03:28:23 PM »

Pork pies.

Pate

Smoked Hogs Head.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Believer
« Reply #402 on: April 2, 2019, 03:35:23 PM »
They also have nuts. So what's your point?

My nuts have skin and have plenty of feeling when our lass sticks the knee in
He's got a tattoo on his wrist that says "I hate blackie blackie blackie blacks, and I fucking love handballing it into the opponent's goal and away from my own goal, and biting people, and kicking young kids in the bollocks when they ask for autographs. And diving. I fucking love that."

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Believer
« Reply #403 on: April 2, 2019, 03:37:44 PM »

not sure but the wife enjoys it
He's got a tattoo on his wrist that says "I hate blackie blackie blackie blacks, and I fucking love handballing it into the opponent's goal and away from my own goal, and biting people, and kicking young kids in the bollocks when they ask for autographs. And diving. I fucking love that."

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Believer
« Reply #404 on: April 4, 2019, 08:25:06 PM »

I haven't eaten pork sausages since I heard that Walls have ears.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #405 on: April 4, 2019, 10:44:49 PM »
Jainism is your answer to the tree thing. They even check for inscects before before they sit down . Proper Consciousness that.

This thread has given a lot of insight to people for me. Not their diet as I'd never judge anyone on what they feel that their body needs and all that but some of youse are shallow and childish as fuck and yep..  that old group mentality and bullying on here again. The nail that stands out is the first to be hit and all that.

Energy is Consciousness . Including what we eat.
That's a very serious allegation and one that shouldn't we thrown around. If you see evidence of bullying, then report it!
I know about the 10+ hoes a week, and itís something Iím willing to do.

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #406 on: April 5, 2019, 11:51:42 AM »
snowflakes.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #407 on: April 5, 2019, 01:23:36 PM »

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #408 on: April 5, 2019, 06:51:24 PM »

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #409 on: April 5, 2019, 07:37:08 PM »
That's Cold.
Let's not drift into puns ay mate.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • Believer
« Reply #410 on: April 5, 2019, 08:56:50 PM »
Let's not drift into puns ay mate.
You're right. Veganism is snow joking matter.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #411 on: April 5, 2019, 10:14:47 PM »
You're right. Veganism is snow joking matter.
It certainly isn't; that's been made absolutely chrysalis clear.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #412 on: April 6, 2019, 12:20:52 AM »
You lot are hilarious. Iím balling.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Believer
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #413 on: April 7, 2019, 03:53:58 PM »
My lad had a 9.15 start for a 10 o clock kick off this morning

So Iíve got this shoulder of lamb thatís already out of date by a day (yes, I know, the sell by dates are classic works of minor fiction) which I need to cook for lunch. Iíve also got an old oven with a busted timer that switches itself off after 2 hours.

My daughters away and my wife has to leave the house at 10.15, we have to set off for his game at 8.45. I wake up at 7.30 , get up at 7.45. I halve a few large shallots , brown the lamb shoulder in a large crueset which releases a nice amount of fat, nestle the shallots under the shoulder then at 8.15 add a cup of boiling water, cover it and place in the oven, pre-heated to 165c. Tell the wife - donít do anything, Iíll finish it off when I get home , thinking that itís probably going to be underdone when I get back at about 12

I get back after a cracker (3-1 down at half-time, they won 5-4) to be greeted by the best lamb shoulder I have ever tasted. I quite literally pulled the bone out of the joint like it was a 99 flake sliding out of a Mr Whippy. The secret was in the very long resting of the joint - itís a meat epiphany!

Fried some sweet potato , chilli , ginger and garlic , added the diced lamb shoulder with the reserved stock and enjoyed with a nice Shiraz

You canít do that with a nut cutlet
'When they start singing 'Youíll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when Iíve actually been crying while Iíve been playing'

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #414 on: April 7, 2019, 04:27:32 PM »

So Iíve got this shoulder of lamb thatís already out of date by a day (yes, I know, the sell by dates are classic works of minor fiction) which I need to cook for lunch. Iíve also got an old oven with a busted timer that switches itself off after 2 hours.

My daughters away and my wife has to leave the house at 10.15, we have to set off for his game at 8.45. I wake up at 7.30 , get up at 7.45. I halve a few large shallots , brown the lamb shoulder in a large crueset which releases a nice amount of fat, nestle the shallots under the shoulder then at 8.15 add a cup of boiling water, cover it and place in the oven, pre-heated to 165c. Tell the wife - donít do anything, Iíll finish it off when I get home , thinking that itís probably going to be underdone when I get back at about 12

I get back after a cracker (3-1 down at half-time, they won 5-4) to be greeted by the best lamb shoulder I have ever tasted. I quite literally pulled the bone out of the joint like it was a 99 flake sliding out of a Mr Whippy. The secret was in the very long resting of the joint - itís a meat epiphany!

Fried some sweet potato , chilli , ginger and garlic , added the diced lamb shoulder with the reserved stock and enjoyed with a nice Shiraz

That has just made me want a Lamb Stifado - going to have to go the local Greek soon now ;)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #415 on: April 7, 2019, 05:04:27 PM »
That has just made me want a Lamb Stifado - going to have to go the local Greek soon now ;)
Kleftiko...  :champ

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #416 on: April 7, 2019, 06:11:49 PM »

What you on about here, you can't do WHAT with a nut cutlet?
Ashley, Ashley
When will those debt clouds disappear
Ashley, Ashley
When will you jump in the Tyne-and-Wear
With no salad in your bowl
And no money in your coats
You can say we're dissatisfied
Ashley, Ashley
 ©   PhaseOfPlay

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #417 on: April 7, 2019, 06:49:15 PM »

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Believer
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #418 on: April 7, 2019, 06:50:49 PM »
What you on about here, you can't do WHAT with a nut cutlet?

All of the above
'When they start singing 'Youíll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when Iíve actually been crying while Iíve been playing'

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #419 on: April 8, 2019, 10:55:01 PM »
People for the Ethical Treatment of Almonds.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Believer
« Reply #420 on: April 8, 2019, 10:59:00 PM »

???
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • OM Namah Shivaya !
« Reply #421 on: April 9, 2019, 12:35:34 AM »
Missus used to work with a few blokes who were Jane - was really interesting to go out to eat with them - they would lose loads of pounds when visiting the US from India. Never once did they get on me or my family for what we were eating and we didn't give them difficulties, rather we bent over backwards to help them find food or to cook for them.

You clearly have never been in the Transfer Forum or observed what happens when PoP, E2k, and BabaYagu make well founded and supported posts in the Main Forum...

Look, someone asked a question about arguments against being vegan. yes there was some piss taking, but some of us gave well reasoned and argued responses which were supported with multitudes of evidence - all of which was ignored.

This is why we can not have nice things or reasoned debate. Yes I realize this is the Boozer, so everything comes with a grain of salt and the possibility of some jokes...

If this is new insight, I don't know what to tell you other than welcome to the internet.

Also I am not sure it is bullying or can be considered as such when the supposed bullied party was attempting to shame us into taking his side on the issue and was ignoring all proper responses by shouting with his keyboard what has become my signature.

Eh ?

The Janiasm comment is sound .

I don't like the energy or vibes of the rest of what you said as.... I feel... You are one of them John Wayne types .  Go ed Big Jaawhn an all that go and get your gun stuff.

A bully will always deny their bullying..  They'll always say that they're having a laugh or just winding someone up or whatever excuse they come out with . It's playground mentallity whether it's on zee internet or not. A group mentality against the one that is different from the group. Percentages on group thought an all that .

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

He who expects freedom of speech should allow others to speak .  Me - Now.

He who sees twats really is a twat themselves - Me - Now .

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #422 on: April 9, 2019, 01:05:40 PM »
Eh ?

The Janiasm comment is sound .

I don't like the energy or vibes of the rest of what you said as.... I feel... You are one of them John Wayne types .  Go ed Big Jaawhn an all that go and get your gun stuff.

A bully will always deny their bullying..  They'll always say that they're having a laugh or just winding someone up or whatever excuse they come out with . It's playground mentallity whether it's on zee internet or not. A group mentality against the one that is different from the group. Percentages on group thought an all that .

I am not concerned about your interpretation of the energy or vibes. Take them as you do. But if you are calling me and other a bully, state it out right so we know where you stand. Clearly the attempted shaming of other posters in this thread was not considered bulling by you.

You are ignoring the point in hand.  A poster on the forum asked a question, I am a few others responded with evidence supported posts which addressed the original and additional queries.  These posts were ignored or they were used to try and shame the poster for their answering the question with reasoned and supported thought that was not all "I feel that eating meat is bad so I don't eat it and you should not eat it too, eating meat is murder." and so on. 

The thread was titled and posted with the idea to get answers regarding "arguments against being vegan."

It is not "my feelings about my diet and why you should eat what I eat, eating meat is murder."

It is "arguments against being vegan."

How did Monty Python word it again.... oh yes.

M: I came here for a good argument!

O: AH, no you didn't, you came here for an argument!

M: An argument isn't just contradiction.

O: Well! it CAN be!

M: No it can't!

M: An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

O: No it isn't!

M: Yes it is! 'tisn't just contradiction.

O: Look, if I *argue* with you, I must take up a contrary position!

M: Yes but it isn't just saying 'no it isn't'....

M: No it ISN'T! Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.

I posted on the argument, using academic, scientific, historical, and physiological sources. Hence the comment about us not being able to have nice things. 

You and he see it as bulling - While I view it as an argument.

Good Morning.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • OM Namah Shivaya !
« Reply #423 on: April 9, 2019, 10:00:41 PM »
I am not concerned about your interpretation of the energy or vibes. Take them as you do. But if you are calling me and other a bully, state it out right so we know where you stand. Clearly the attempted shaming of other posters in this thread was not considered bulling by you.

You are ignoring the point in hand.  A poster on the forum asked a question, I am a few others responded with evidence supported posts which addressed the original and additional queries.  These posts were ignored or they were used to try and shame the poster for their answering the question with reasoned and supported thought that was not all "I feel that eating meat is bad so I don't eat it and you should not eat it too, eating meat is murder." and so on. 

The thread was titled and posted with the idea to get answers regarding "arguments against being vegan."

It is not "my feelings about my diet and why you should eat what I eat, eating meat is murder."

It is "arguments against being vegan."

How did Monty Python word it again.... oh yes.

I posted on the argument, using academic, scientific, historical, and physiological sources. Hence the comment about us not being able to have nice things. 

You and he see it as bulling - While I view it as an argument.

Good Morning.

My point on bullying is collective piss taking is a form of bullying.

Not having a dig just saying it as I see it.

Anyway.

Letting it go . 

- The Upanishads.

Offline Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #424 on: April 9, 2019, 10:03:25 PM »

Not having a dig just saying it as I see it.

Anyway.

Letting it go . 
I think bullying is maybe a bit much, but a slightly less than friendly hectoring it is.

Iím never going to be vegan, but if people want to be it doesnít worry me, fair fucks, what harm does it do me. Enjoy whatever people enjoy (apart from mushrooms of course, evil things ;D)
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #425 on: April 9, 2019, 10:13:28 PM »
I think bullying is maybe a bit much, but a slightly less than friendly hectoring it is.

Iím never going to be vegan, but if people want to be it doesnít worry me, fair fucks, what harm does it do me. Enjoy whatever people enjoy (apart from mushrooms of course, evil things ;D)
In response to being consistently goaded by the OP.

Anyway..

Lend your ďearsĒ to this: A new study published this week in Nature found that Americaís corn belt could contribute to thousands of air pollution deaths a year.

Scientists at the University of Minnesota attributed around 4,300 premature American deaths annually to air pollution resulting from corn production. To do so, they modeled the emission impacts of producing corn and compared them to local pollution-related deathsóand they found a striking relationship.

ďYou think air quality and you think coal plants, and you think dirty diesel trucks,Ē says Jason Hill, an engineering professor at the University of Minnesota and the studyís lead author. ďCertainly both of those are major contributors to reduced air quality, but corn production? Yes, that too.Ē

Corn is the most widely produced feed grain in the U.S., taking up over 90 million acres of farmland mainly located in the Midwest and Great Plains.

So there is cause for concern for sure with over doing anything, it's not limited to overfishing/farming.

Offline kesey

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • OM Namah Shivaya !
« Reply #426 on: April 9, 2019, 10:58:25 PM »

Maybe bullying is the wrong word and sometimes I can't find the correct words to express myself online. I went to West Derby  ;).

Your second paragraph is spot on . I'll tell you all this though and youse already know it . Everything is energy so what we eat is what we are and all that. Vibrations .

Anyway . Going to watch the highlights from tonights match. Been working hard to pay for the Porto trip and Iam sure I'll be having a chicken kebab after drinking too much vino .

- The Upanishads.

Offline Devon Red

• Believer
« Reply #427 on: April 10, 2019, 09:30:46 AM »
In response to being consistently goaded by the OP.

Anyway..

Lend your ďearsĒ to this: A new study published this week in Nature found that Americaís corn belt could contribute to thousands of air pollution deaths a year.

Scientists at the University of Minnesota attributed around 4,300 premature American deaths annually to air pollution resulting from corn production. To do so, they modeled the emission impacts of producing corn and compared them to local pollution-related deathsóand they found a striking relationship.

ďYou think air quality and you think coal plants, and you think dirty diesel trucks,Ē says Jason Hill, an engineering professor at the University of Minnesota and the studyís lead author. ďCertainly both of those are major contributors to reduced air quality, but corn production? Yes, that too.Ē

Corn is the most widely produced feed grain in the U.S., taking up over 90 million acres of farmland mainly located in the Midwest and Great Plains.

So there is cause for concern for sure with over doing anything, it's not limited to overfishing/farming.

This corn is not going to feed vegans. 40% of US corn is used for biofuel and 36% is animal feed.

"For corn-fed animals, the efficiency of converting grain to meat and dairy calories ranges from roughly 3 percent to 40 percent, depending on the animal production system in question".

The small amount that does go into the food system is mostly in the form of high-fructose corn syrup.

Source: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/time-to-rethink-corn/

Yes, America's corn industry is a horrible example of agricultural practise, but has basically nothing to do with veganism or eating less meat.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 09:49:27 AM by Devon Red »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Believer
« Reply #428 on: April 10, 2019, 09:47:29 AM »
Forcing your lifestyle choice down the neck of average everyday people trying to get to work.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2h5b_Ux_O8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2h5b_Ux_O8</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #429 on: April 10, 2019, 05:38:14 PM »
Forcing your lifestyle choice down the neck of average everyday people trying to get to work.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/d2h5b_Ux_O8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/d2h5b_Ux_O8</a>
Fixed  :wave

Offline Mutton Geoff

• Older but no Wiser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #430 on: April 12, 2019, 08:00:22 PM »

Mushrooms are Magic.

I am not a veggie as such but for a change i often have the Veggie option off the menu.

Frankly i could give up some meat but i could never give up eating Fish .
Socialism is a set of left-wing political principles whose general aim is to create a system in which everyone has an equal opportunity to benefit from a country's wealth.
socialism
These days, the word socialism gets tossed around so much, it's almost lost all meaning. Originally, though, it was the bedrock of Marxism

Offline Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #431 on: April 12, 2019, 08:25:16 PM »
Mushrooms are Magic.

I am not a veggie as such but for a change i often have the Veggie option off the menu.

Frankly i could give up some meat but i could never give up eating Fish .
Seafood would be really really really diffuxkt to give up.

Only have red meat once or twice a week though.
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #432 on: April 12, 2019, 10:31:08 PM »
Yes, exactly.

You's want to think on when you's get turned over by the Toon in a couple of weeks time.       :P
Ashley, Ashley
When will those debt clouds disappear
Ashley, Ashley
When will you jump in the Tyne-and-Wear
With no salad in your bowl
And no money in your coats
You can say we're dissatisfied
Ashley, Ashley
 ©   PhaseOfPlay

Online Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #433 on: April 13, 2019, 11:55:10 PM »
Had some of those beyond meat burgers today, cost a fiver for 2 that are frozen in Tesco. Tasted decent to be fair, but I ainít paying that much for it regularly

Online WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
« Reply #434 on: April 14, 2019, 12:07:21 AM »
Had some of those beyond meat burgers today, cost a fiver for 2 that are frozen in Tesco. Tasted decent to be fair, but I ainít paying that much for it regularly

Have you tried the McCartney ones ? I just want to know how they compare (apart from being £3 cheaper).
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Believer
  • In a squeeze play on the cheesy side of town
« Reply #435 on: April 14, 2019, 12:32:27 AM »

That should do if Wiki is correct

Would you have those 3 on your team?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline kesey

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • OM Namah Shivaya !
« Reply #436 on: April 14, 2019, 02:29:16 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2h5b_Ux_O8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2h5b_Ux_O8</a>

The mad thing is though most people eat what they are told to eat by TV whilst going to work , working etc....

Irony on a base level that mate.

- The Upanishads.

Offline kesey

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • OM Namah Shivaya !
« Reply #437 on: April 14, 2019, 02:34:57 AM »
Yes, exactly.

You's want to think on when you's get turned over by the Toon in a couple of weeks time.       :P

If youse cost us the league I will go to the Toon , hunt you down and eat you.

- The Upanishads.

Online Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #438 on: April 14, 2019, 12:59:21 PM »

Have you tried the McCartney ones ? I just want to know how they compare (apart from being £3 cheaper).
i havenít no but will probably give it a go soon how you mention it