Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 977628 times)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #5560 on: February 11, 2019, 05:02:25 AM »
Well, 11 wins and a draw would be enough as well
"JŁrgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5561 on: February 11, 2019, 05:05:01 AM »
Well, 11 wins and a draw would be enough as well

I fully expect us to win the United game. I am sure we can save the draw for later.

Offline Zoomers

• Believer
  • Meow
« Reply #5562 on: February 11, 2019, 06:06:41 AM »
Never thought for one second the Plastics were going to pose any threat whatsoever to City, but the 6-0 drubbing was just shameful. Where's their sense of pride? Are they trying to get the manager fired?

They lost all their pride when they got destroyed by Bournemouth 4 nil.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Rick-40

• Might be missing a 'p'. If found, please return to RAWK Towers in a stamped SAE for a reward.
  • Believer
« Reply #5563 on: February 11, 2019, 06:29:30 AM »
Even if we finish second, it's no shame in that, since the bastards from City have spent probably more than 2 billion, so finishing couple of points behind such a team wouldn't be such a disaster. There are two things though that i wish we did differently this winter. 1. Keeping Clyne 2. Getting an experienced midfielder/attacker from one of big clubs, even on loan, just to boost the team in hard times like we had in two last previous games before Bournemouth.
P

Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly,
The Fields of Anfield Road,
We are loyal supporters,
And we come from around the world!

Allez, Allez, Allez...

Offline dirks digglers

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5564 on: February 11, 2019, 06:55:30 AM »
Even if we finish second, it's no shame in that, since the bastards from City have spent probably more than 2 billion, so finishing couple of points behind such a team wouldn't be such a disaster. There are two things though that i wish we did differently this winter. 1. Keeping Clyne 2. Getting an experienced midfielder/attacker from one of big clubs, even on loan, just to boost the team in hard times like we had in two last previous games before Bournemouth.

Ultimately though, thereís a way we go about our business under Klopp and these owners, which means making decisions based on a set of principles and sticking to that, whether we stand or fall. And thus far this season itís been 99% stand and 1% fall. We can argue the toss re Clyne but itís not the thing that will win or lose us the title. And frankly if City put together a season which is so good that we donít win it despite playing a phenomenal season ourselves, then we shouldnít beat ourselves up about it. Itís just very unfortunate timing to be up against the only team who could possibly have lived with us this season.
If you canít understand it without an explanation, you canít understand it with an explanation.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #5565 on: February 11, 2019, 07:00:27 AM »

Why would you have kept Clyne? For two games where exceptional circumstances created a problem at right back?

And what Ďbig clubí midfielder are you thinking of that would have slotted into our midfield? Which player and which club? Fabinho is now showing his potential and Keita had his best game against Bournemouth, more than halfway through the season.

Weíve been desperately unlucky with injuries over the last few weeks but you canít just pick up like-for-like world class players in the January window for a couple of games.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Believer
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #5566 on: February 11, 2019, 07:05:48 AM »
Why would you have kept Clyne? For two games where exceptional circumstances created a problem at right back?

I personally donít really like risks, and I always liked Rafaís blue print of having 2 players for every position, even if he never really got to implement it in his sell to buy project.

Those 4 points in that 2 games period could ultimately come back to haunt us, Iím not saying Nathaniel would have made a difference but those were two very winnable games and I think he is a solid right back.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 07:07:39 AM by Wesley Pipes »

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5567 on: February 11, 2019, 07:07:56 AM »
I personally donít really like risks, and I always liked Rafa blue print of having 2 players for every position, even if he never really got to implement it in his sell to buy project.

Those 4 points in that 2 games period could ultimately come back to haunt us, Iím not saying Nathaniel would have made a difference but those were two very winnable games and I think he is a solid right back.

Clyne was forth choice right back though?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #5568 on: February 11, 2019, 07:22:26 AM »
I personally donít really like risks, and I always liked Rafaís blue print of having 2 players for every position, even if he never really got to implement it in his sell to buy project.

Our problem in those two games was scoring goals though. Against Leicester we had 72% possession and only mustered 3 shots on target. Against West Ham we had 73% possession and only mustered 6 shots on target - enough for 2-3 goals, but we didn't convert. I'm not sure what Clyne would have done to change those outcomes?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #5569 on: February 11, 2019, 07:29:27 AM »
Our problem in those two games was scoring goals though. Against Leicester we had 72% possession and only mustered 3 shots on target. Against West Ham we had 73% possession and only mustered 6 shots on target - enough for 2-3 goals, but we didn't convert. I'm not sure what Clyne would have done to change those outcomes?

He wouldn't have been attacking like MIlner did down the right against West Ham.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Rick-40

• Might be missing a 'p'. If found, please return to RAWK Towers in a stamped SAE for a reward.
  • Believer
« Reply #5570 on: February 11, 2019, 07:38:01 AM »
Clyne was forth choice right back though?

That's because he was injured. Just when he was fit, we decided to let him go. I'm sorry, for me that was poor decision by our club, and I'll have to agree to disagree with everyone about this.
P

We are loyal supporters,

Allez, Allez, Allez...

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #5571 on: February 11, 2019, 07:40:53 AM »
That's because he was injured. Just when he was fit, we decided to let him go. I'm sorry, for me that was poor decision by our club, and I'll have to agree to disagree with everyone about this.

How would keeping him have changed out fortunes?

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Believer
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #5572 on: February 11, 2019, 07:47:49 AM »
Agree. We didnít concede goals on the basis the opposition saw a weekness at RB and exploited it. We were done via 2 set pieces.

I think we had a bad day at the office against Leicester and a draw vs WestHam is no great shame considering they beat Arsenal and Chelsea at home. Our latest Ďwobbleí culminated in drawing games not losing like City. With or without Clyne it wouldnít have made a difference.
ďIf you don't stand for something you will fall for anythingĒ

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline kevlumley

• Believer
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #5573 on: February 11, 2019, 07:49:35 AM »
I can see both sides of the agreement about Clyne. I was originally in the stick with him camp. Thought he had a good game against united. I think what the should have kept him people are saying is we have had to put other players in that right back position because he has gone out on loan. At the game on Saturday i thought Milner was brilliant. He is such an amazing player, left back, centre half, right back, any one of the midfield roles, defense, attack.
It was such a lift to see AAT on though in second half. That must have really lifted the team. Wearing lots of tape. I feel we can do this.

Offline kevlumley

• Believer
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #5574 on: February 11, 2019, 07:52:33 AM »
I think the ref did us against Leicester, Johnny Evans slip, McGuire last man, Mane fouled, and the Keita box trod on incident. Same thing at West Ham agree with Klopps thoughts, ref trying to over compensate for our goal.

Offline Sharado

• SAVAGE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5575 on: February 11, 2019, 07:57:35 AM »

I'm going to hang myself if I read any more about clyne. Think of my children.
No heavy-metal football. Uninspiring team selections. Playing like a team closer to relegation worries

Online BobPaisley3

• Believer
« Reply #5576 on: February 11, 2019, 07:59:13 AM »
I think the ref did us against Leicester, Johnny Evans slip, McGuire last man, Mane fouled, and the Keita box trod on incident. Same thing at West Ham agree with Klopps thoughts, ref trying to over compensate for our goal.
Leicester yes, ref was abysmal. West Ham, he made some dodgy 50/50 calls but nothing that impacted the game in their favour too much. Despite the Lallana offside, I think weíd have 4 points from those 6 instead of 2 had the officiating been up to scratch.

Re the Yernited game, the last two times weíve beaten them there, weíve smashed them. Might need to be the same again this time because we donít want to be relying on officials doing their job properly if itís close. Put the fuckers away 3 or 4 nil.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Believer
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #5577 on: February 11, 2019, 07:59:33 AM »
Best thing to do is concentrate on our own games. Take every game as it comes and treat it as an all or nothing final. 12 wins or 11 wins and one draw and there is literally nothing City can do. Do that and even if City wins every game 20-0 it would make no difference.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #5578 on: February 11, 2019, 08:00:05 AM »
Amazing to think Manchester City could win every single game in the league to the end of the season and still not win it. The other side must be some side.
AIXIO SONYO ELON MISAS

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #5579 on: February 11, 2019, 08:03:46 AM »
All we can do is concentrate on our own games, we have done outstanding so far, will be very difficult to finish in front of City.
Yesterday's game was one of very few they could have dropped points. We are still in there which is a credit to the players and our great manager.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Online fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #5580 on: February 11, 2019, 08:04:17 AM »
Amazing to think Manchester City could win every single game in the league to the end of the season and still not win it. The other side must be some side.

If Man City win the title, and they do it without Clyne in the team, it beats Leicesterís achievement for me.
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and thatís being very conservative. So thatís £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head thatís £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Offline Rick-40

• Believer
« Reply #5581 on: February 11, 2019, 08:04:25 AM »

And what Ďbig clubí midfielder are you thinking of that would have slotted into our midfield? Which player and which club? Fabinho is now showing his potential and Keita had his best game against Bournemouth, more than halfway through the season.

Weíve been desperately unlucky with injuries over the last few weeks but you canít just pick up like-for-like world class players in the January window for a couple of games.

Even if Trent was fit, I still would have kept Clyne. We have a real chance to go for the title after so many years, and deciding to save 60k a week, just when we need everyone, it's a bit daft in my opinion.

I won't mention any names, although i believe there are quite a few, but i can mention my preference, which i believe it was a realistic target if we really wanted him, and that player is Kroos. Maybe it sounds ridiculous to many, but after winning everything in Spain, and since he's almost 30yr old, maybe R.Madrid would like to cash in, and maybe he wants new challenges, the german connection etc.
P

We are loyal supporters,

Allez, Allez, Allez...

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #5582 on: February 11, 2019, 08:06:28 AM »

True but in fairness some things have gone our way too, our first goal on Saturday some officials would have flagged that offside, Robbo's possible handball against Palace too.
We under performed against Leicester and West Ham that's why we didn't win - but we didn't get beat either.

To have just lost 1 game all season is outstanding.

Even if Trent was fit, I still would have kept Clyne. We have a real chance to go for the title after so many years, and deciding to save 60k a week, just when we need everyone, it's a bit daft in my opinion.

I won't mention any names, although i believe there are quite a few, but i can mention my preference, which i believe it was a realistic target if we really wanted him, and that player is Kroos. Maybe it sounds ridiculous to many, but after winning everything in Spain, and since he's almost 30yr old, maybe R.Madrid would like to cash in, and maybe he wants new challenges, the german connection etc.

Agreed.

Online fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #5583 on: February 11, 2019, 08:11:00 AM »
Iíll be honest, I didnít expect to wake up on a Monday morning and see people bemoaning the fact that we didnít try to sign Kroos in January  ???
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and thatís being very conservative. So thatís £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head thatís £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Offline spider-neil

• Believer
« Reply #5584 on: February 11, 2019, 08:11:39 AM »
Regardless of what the fixture is on paper when you look at the xG for the Leicester, they had far more clear cut chances. We could, and probably should have lost. View that game as a point gained. City were BEATEN by Leicester. That may be the single point that gets us over the line.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #5585 on: February 11, 2019, 08:13:30 AM »
Regardless of what the fixture is on paper when you look at the xG for the Leicester, they had far more clear cut chances. We could, and probably should have lost. View that game as a point gained. City were BEATEN by Leicester. That may be the single point that gets us over the line.

They also deserved something yesterday against Tottenham, they though to be fair do keep winning so cannot be discounted and they still have to play us.

Offline Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #5586 on: February 11, 2019, 08:15:33 AM »

What a load of nonsense. Games aren't decided on hipster stats. We were clearly the better team against Leicester.

Online Uncle Ronnie

• Believer
« Reply #5587 on: February 11, 2019, 08:15:59 AM »

Who said we let Clyne go to save on wages?

There's no chance this would have happened.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #5588 on: February 11, 2019, 08:19:34 AM »

They had two shots on target. How should we have lost?

Offline Rick-40

• Believer
« Reply #5589 on: February 11, 2019, 08:28:05 AM »

Our problem in those two games was conceding goals, also. Having Clyne, means having Henderson/Milner elsewhere on the pitch, and those games could have been different games. Sometimes one different touch, it's enough to change the game.
P

We are loyal supporters,

Allez, Allez, Allez...

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #5590 on: February 11, 2019, 08:28:59 AM »
Our problem in those two games was conceding goals, also. Having Clyne, means having Henderson/Milner elsewhere on the pitch, and those games could have been different games. Sometimes one different touch, it's enough to change the game.

None of the goals we conceded came down the right side. Both were set pieces.

Online BobPaisley3

• Believer
« Reply #5591 on: February 11, 2019, 08:32:26 AM »
Biggest problem was a player equalising who shouldnít have been on the pitch.

Offline Sharado

• SAVAGE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5592 on: February 11, 2019, 08:32:58 AM »

Indeed for me there's a decent argument both were down to Robbo to some extent. Can clyne fill in at LB?
No heavy-metal football. Uninspiring team selections. Playing like a team closer to relegation worries

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Believer
« Reply #5593 on: February 11, 2019, 08:33:06 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong, very well could be but didnít Clyne get an assist that very weekend for Bournemouth?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #5594 on: February 11, 2019, 08:34:32 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong, very well could be but didnít Clyne get an assist that very weekend for Bournemouth?

Could have done. Are you saying that assist would have transferred over to Liverpool, despite being against different opposition, and being with a different set of team-mates?

Offline spider-neil

• Believer
« Reply #5595 on: February 11, 2019, 08:35:30 AM »

It isn't just a case of just 'being on target' you could scuff a shot that trickles into the keeper's arms and that would be classed as being on target. Leicester had more clear cut chances than we did. That is a fact.

Offline meady1981

• THESE WERE THE LAST WORDS HE SAID....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • I really could do without all this.
« Reply #5596 on: February 11, 2019, 08:38:43 AM »
Dips in
Sees people still talking about Clyne
Dips out

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5597 on: February 11, 2019, 08:40:06 AM »
Mane will lead us to glory. The man is on a mission.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Believer
« Reply #5598 on: February 11, 2019, 08:44:13 AM »
Could have done. Are you saying that assist would have transferred over to Liverpool, despite being against different opposition, and being with a different set of team-mates?

Itís all hypothetical, can you say he wouldnít have had an influence? Just like I canít say he would have.

I understood why Milner was our starting lb 2 seasons ago and I wouldnít have had it any other way but 2 years older, in the best title chance season I have seen overall, yeah... agreed to disagree.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• RAWK Writer
  • Believer
« Reply #5599 on: February 11, 2019, 08:44:53 AM »
It isn't just a case of just 'being on target' you could scuff a shot that trickles into the keeper's arms and that would be classed as being on target. Leicester had more clear cut chances than we did. That is a fact.

We had double the shots they had. They had two shots in the 6-yard box that went well wide of the goal.

Define a "clear-cut chance" please.