Author Topic: Emre Can  (Read 9492 times)

Online Jon2lfc

• Kopite
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
Re: Emre Can
« Reply #80 on: February 6, 2019, 04:54:29 PM »
hmm interesting,

just had a little look 21 appearances 1 goal 1 assist 1.069

comparing to his replacement here in Fab

22 appearances 1 goal 2 assists 1.382   

Can's played 1/3 less minutes but is that down to the injury layoff? Other than that they look pretty similar and I don't think anyone is writing Fab off just yet.
Fabinho's play allows others to get the goals and assists.

Can's didn't.

Good example of how stats don't tell the full picture.
Dalglish - Barnes - Beardsley - McManaman - Fowler - Owen - Gerrard - Torres - Suarez - Salah - Mane

Online Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem!
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #81 on: February 6, 2019, 04:54:56 PM »
Fabinho is the better player. He suits us better he does his role better, as a 6 he doesn't need to be scoring goals or creating chances, it helps if he does, but that's not his role. So comparing the two in those two categories alone is nonsense.

The difference is off the ball for me, Can loved getting forward but when the move fell apart he was ponderous getting back into position to defend, whereas Fabinho works his butt off getting back into position to either recycle the ball or put in a defensive tackle.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #82 on: February 6, 2019, 04:57:48 PM »
The difference is off the ball for me, Can loved getting forward but when the move fell apart he was ponderous getting back into position to defend, whereas Fabinho works his butt off getting back into position to either recycle the ball or put in a defensive tackle.

His lack of tracking back and not marking his man whilst strolling did my head in

Online Jon2lfc

• Kopite
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #83 on: February 6, 2019, 05:16:17 PM »
This
Dalglish - Barnes - Beardsley - McManaman - Fowler - Owen - Gerrard - Torres - Suarez - Salah - Mane

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: February 6, 2019, 06:00:24 PM »
Agreed.

I never understood what the fascination with Can was all about.
He was never really the top class MF we needed. Too slow, too ponderous.
Ironically his stand out position for us was when Brendan stuck him at RB! That's what we remember the most about him - all those pirouettes and turns with the ball under pressure in the peno area haha and he always seemed to get past the pressuring forward player and get rid of the ball. fair play to him. It seemed like he was almost turning on the style in defence to kind of tell Brendan that he was pissed off being put at RB haha

Funnily enough I think he'd make a classy centre back in a few years time when he's a bit more switched on to things.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2019, 09:51:51 AM »
Funnily enough I think he'd make a classy centre back in a few years time when he's a bit more switched on to things.

Agreed. I’m not at all broken up about him going, Fabinho is clearly superior, but there’s a player in there. If the increased game intelligence can be coached into him, alongside growing maturity I think he’d be have the tools to be a good centre half.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez