Author Topic: Maribor  (Read 41375 times)

Offline SKITTLE

• Legacy Fan
  • One of the "older" brigade.
Re: Maribor
« Reply #160 on: October 18, 2017, 04:20:57 pm »
Just a footnote to add. A mate of mine went to the game but was refused admission as his tickets were forgeries. He paid well over the odds and got them online from Viagogo. Apparently he wasn't the only one.
Been there,done that,getting older,bordering on part timer status. So sad but that's life.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: October 18, 2017, 10:00:00 pm »
Anyone get caught up in the trouble near  the Irish bar (Patricks) ?Just heard from a mate some of the locals weren't so friendly- a mob of Maribor fans tried to storm the street and bar they were in with loads of Reds outside  - Riot police prevented really kicking off by keeping them apart.  Lads were locked in the pub with the shutters down for a couple of hours (so it wasn't all bad 😉) . We were in the square a few hundred yards away and didn't see any of this going on - we'd left Irish bar an hour or so before

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2017, 09:45:40 am »
Anyone get caught up in the trouble near  the Irish bar (Patricks) ?Just heard from a mate some of the locals weren't so friendly- a mob of Maribor fans tried to storm the street and bar they were in with loads of Reds outside  - Riot police prevented really kicking off by keeping them apart.  Lads were locked in the pub with the shutters down for a couple of hours (so it wasn't all bad 😉) . We were in the square a few hundred yards away and didn't see any of this going on - we'd left Irish bar an hour or so before
When was this?  I was at that pub from around 16h up until 18h-ish and it was perfectly fine.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2017, 10:40:32 am »
When was this?  I was at that pub from around 16h up until 18h-ish and it was perfectly fine.
After the match - we left there about 11.30 apparently it was an hour or so later

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2017, 11:43:20 am »
What a brilliant trip. In pieces now though.

Roll on Seville.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2017, 12:27:56 pm »

I was there and it wasnt Maribor fans, it was student night and some out of town fachist students were acting big walking up and down the street but did nothing. I got locked in the pub but told the landlord I wanted to get out to be with my mates so he let me out. lad told me someone got harast at the bottom of the street so we left to go the square at about midnight i think from the top of the street. the riot squad were there to stop it getting any bigger.

hope no one got bashed - ynwa !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2017, 12:36:32 pm »
great trip bar an incident with one of our own   :butt

great weather, great laugh with the lads and pleasing to see the reds win again in the Champions League  8)

We was in the square till about 1230 I think and no problems at all. Found it weird how quiet it was in fact.
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2017, 02:45:13 pm »

great weather, great laugh with the lads and pleasing to see the reds win again in the Champions League  8)

We was in the square till about 1230 I think and no problems at all. Found it weird how quiet it was in fact.

Saw that on Twitter

Set of bellends some of our fans

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2017, 03:02:25 pm »
We didnt see a hint of trouble... all friendly from our side.

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2017, 03:47:15 pm »
Anyone on the Ljubljana to Luton this morning.
Wtf hit the plane, did it hit a speed bump 😀

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2017, 04:06:45 pm »
Figured some of you lads might like to see this:

http://4d.rtvslo.si/arhiv/prvi-dnevnik/174497375

Try and spot yourself on Slovenian telly

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2017, 05:33:24 pm »
Was loads of fun this. Day before in vienna and the day in Maribor was just absolute class.

Heard from the taxi drivers that there indeed was a big student party in town, so might have been them, not the ultras.

Was sure that I was not going to do Seville, but after this quality trip, so tempted...

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2017, 06:28:24 pm »
Great trip and actually a great result for once;D was very impressed with Slovenia thought it was very nice. Roll on Seville.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2017, 11:53:39 pm »

I heard you had shit mate, Andy said.
Hope you are sorting it. Saw club were taking it seriously.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #174 on: October 21, 2017, 11:57:23 pm »
FSE Survey on all CL and EL fixtures this season - all aspects. A bit long but guess it gives them an idea of good and bad points about each

https://awayfans.typeform.com/to/mlbT18
We are a team of one half.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #175 on: October 27, 2017, 10:58:00 am »
Just got refund back from credit card company for cancelled Monarch flights   :-)