Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 338206 times)

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0
  • Kopite
  • All is well
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #3400 on: April 24, 2019, 07:40:23 PM »
I think the main difference between Trent and Gomez in terms of strengths and weaknesses is that one (Gomez) is a centre back and one (TAA) is a full back. This obviously means that they'll have different skills required for their positions and why I much prefer Trent to be at right back if possible.

Trent is much more effective in attack than Gomez, who seems to have a more defensive mindset and is generally better at the defensive side of things. Our system requires the full backs to contribute a lot in attack and TAA does this really well. This could be partly down to him originally being a midfielder, therefore he could be more attack minded than Gomez, who is superior as a defender.

Gomez seems to be a lot calmer as well. This isn't to say that Trent isn't but at times, it's common for one mistake for him to lead to a few more. Gomez on the other hand, seems to have a calmness which may have come partly from playing alongside VVD but that I think he had even before then. This means that in general, he has better passing, although Trent is clearly better at crossing as seen by his number of assists.

They're both really good players but I think they should be utilised in different ways to suit these strengths. In my opinion, Gomez should only be used as a right back if Trent is unavailable.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Online PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #3401 on: April 25, 2019, 01:10:14 PM »
You'd want Trent at right back in the vast majority of our games due to the attacking threat he brings.

In a much smaller amount of games you'd want Gomez (or a more defence minded RB) playing there.

Trent can be a bit inconsistent but he quality is undoubted. To be this good at 20 shows his talent. IMO, he's easily the best young player we've had since Gerrard.

To be fair, Sterling was quite ridiculously good at this age as well.

I don't think Trent is inconsistent at all. His bad games are a 6 at worst, he has never been roasted (like Zaha has done Milner for example) ever since he became a regular for us and he has had difficult opponents like Sane, Sanchez (at Arsenal), Neymar, Hazard, Coman, Ribery, Insigne etc. His decent games are 7s & he hits 8s and 9s quite regularly as well with his general defending & his frequent involvement in our attacks & counter-attacks.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 01:14:06 PM by PoetryInMotion »

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3402 on: April 25, 2019, 01:55:56 PM »

I don't think Trent is inconsistent at all. His bad games are a 6 at worst, he has never been roasted (like Zaha has done Milner for example) ever since he became a regular for us and he has had difficult opponents like Sane, Sanchez (at Arsenal), Neymar, Hazard, Coman, Ribery, Insigne etc. His decent games are 7s & he hits 8s and 9s quite regularly as well with his general defending & his frequent involvement in our attacks & counter-attacks.

Heís not better than Gomez.(who is?) ;D

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Believer
« Reply #3403 on: April 25, 2019, 02:38:31 PM »

You are correct.

He slipped my mind when posting. He's the player who we've sold in recent years that I regret the most. He's not the best or most influential player we've sold but feels like his sale was avoidable. He's gone to a rival and directly affected our chances of winning things by being their best player.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #3404 on: April 25, 2019, 02:42:05 PM »
Heís not better than Gomez.(who is?) ;D

Heís a better RB, Gomez is a better CB

Doesnít really matter though, 20 and 21 years old. Exactly the calibre of youngster we need, shows the others how good you need to be to make it here.
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and thatís being very conservative. So thatís £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head thatís £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Believer
« Reply #3405 on: April 25, 2019, 02:46:44 PM »

Doesnít really matter though, 20 and 21 years old. Exactly the calibre of youngster we need, shows the others how good you need to be to make it here.

Yes exactly top top youngsters.

Offline afc turkish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3406 on: April 25, 2019, 03:10:13 PM »

Eventually, they'll both turn 28, though...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rebel23

• Know what it is? He's just street tough.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #3407 on: April 26, 2019, 08:50:13 PM »
Another assist for TAA!

Offline PIPA23

• Believer
« Reply #3408 on: April 26, 2019, 08:50:14 PM »
another assist :D we have best two fullbacks in world football.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #3409 on: April 26, 2019, 09:02:12 PM »
Georgeous pass,perfection.

What a player he already is and it's frightening how good he will be.

Online meady1981

• THESE WERE THE LAST WORDS HE SAID....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • I really could do without all this.
« Reply #3410 on: April 26, 2019, 09:42:09 PM »
THERE HE GOES
THERE HE GOES AGAIN
OXLAIDE CHAMBERLAIN
YOUR MIDFIELD CANT CONTAIN
YOUR DEFENCE GOES INSANE

DU DU DU DU DU DU

Online meady1981

• THESE WERE THE LAST WORDS HE SAID....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • I really could do without all this.
« Reply #3411 on: April 26, 2019, 10:02:08 PM »
Wrong thread mate

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3412 on: April 26, 2019, 10:07:52 PM »
We have the best wing backs in the world. I'll put this in the Robbo thread too.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3413 on: April 26, 2019, 10:11:35 PM »
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline jillc

• Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between JŁrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3414 on: April 26, 2019, 10:12:42 PM »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Believer
« Reply #3415 on: April 26, 2019, 10:13:13 PM »
Gerrardesque pass.

Easily best RB in the league and not long until he's the best in Europe.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0
  • Kopite
  • All is well
« Reply #3416 on: April 26, 2019, 11:19:03 PM »
Wrong thread mate
I love it anyway mate! ;D
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #3417 on: April 26, 2019, 11:23:12 PM »
THERE HE GOES
THERE HE GOES AGAIN
TRENT AAíS THE MAIN
RIGHT BACK HOUSE OF PAIN
YOUR DEFENCE GOES INSANE

DU DU DU DU DU DU
AIXIO SONYO ELON MISAS

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team.
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #3418 on: April 29, 2019, 10:41:03 AM »
Canít help but feel he should of won PFA young player of the year.

Sterling has been great but heís 24 and has plenty of experience . Not sure he can be  considered Young now.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #3419 on: April 29, 2019, 10:49:16 AM »

Sterling has been great but heís 24 and has plenty of experience . Not sure he can be  considered Young now.

It's bollocks that you can still win it at 24.  Just like Kane did a few years back!

Should be a limit of 21/22 I think.

Offline deano2727

• Believer
« Reply #3420 on: April 30, 2019, 06:30:58 AM »

Sterling has been class and comfortably better than Trent (who has been great). Sterling deserved an award, to be fair to him. Still a little prick, mind.

Plenty of time for Trent to win the award. Still only 20.

Offline Mr Drobs

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #3421 on: April 30, 2019, 08:17:12 AM »
Saying "Sterling deserved an award" is a bit nonsensical though isn't it. Planty of people "deserve" them, the whole point of individual awards is that they pick one stand-out player above the rest. There isn't a runner up, and shouldn't be. The YPOTY award needs to be revised. I was having a look around the other day and the general consensus seems to be consistent across all bases - the age range needs to be revised as 24 is no longer young in the modern game, it's getting on for mid-career for some players. I reckon a cap of players turning 23 in THAT season (so at most those that turned 23 between January and May this year, for example) would be a lot more accurate in reflecting and recognizing young breakthrough players, which is the whole point of the thing.

Offline deano2727

• Believer
« Reply #3422 on: April 30, 2019, 08:40:15 AM »
Saying "Sterling deserved an award" is a bit nonsensical though isn't it. Planty of people "deserve" them, the whole point of individual awards is that they pick one stand-out player above the rest. There isn't a runner up, and shouldn't be. The YPOTY award needs to be revised. I was having a look around the other day and the general consensus seems to be consistent across all bases - the age range needs to be revised as 24 is no longer young in the modern game, it's getting on for mid-career for some players. I reckon a cap of players turning 23 in THAT season (so at most those that turned 23 between January and May this year, for example) would be a lot more accurate in reflecting and recognizing young breakthrough players, which is the whole point of the thing.

On the contrary, its nonsensical to say he doesn't deserve it. If he is eligible (he is), he clearly deserves it over anyone else eligible.

Whether he should be eligible or not is another discussion entirely. I personally think 21 should be the cut off point.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #3423 on: April 30, 2019, 08:54:36 AM »
Can’t help but feel he should of won PFA young player of the year.

Sterling has been great but he’s 24 and has plenty of experience . Not sure he can be  considered Young now.

Close call between Trent and Ben Foster for young player of the year I think, the latter has done well this year for his age.

Also think 21 should be the limit for young player of the year - there's plenty of talent around at that age to hand it out then rather than to someone who might be almost half way through their career.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team.
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #3424 on: April 30, 2019, 12:36:27 PM »
Close call between Trent and Ben Foster for young player of the year I think, the latter has done well this year for his age.

Also think 21 should be the limit for young player of the year - there's plenty of talent around at that age to hand it out then rather than to someone who might be almost half way through their career.

Foster still has time on his hands. I reckon heís in with a shout next year.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #3425 on: May 2, 2019, 02:35:52 AM »
I thought he was unlucky to not get selected last night. Feel sorry for the lad that given the season he's had we've not trusted him on the biggest stage. I feel he could have made a difference.
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Online Redsnappa

• Pining for a League Championship
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #3426 on: May 2, 2019, 08:20:43 AM »
I thought he was unlucky to not get selected last night. Feel sorry for the lad that given the season he's had we've not trusted him on the biggest stage. I feel he could have made a difference.

He'd certainly have produced better dead ball delivery. Milner's corners were rubbish.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Believer
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #3427 on: May 2, 2019, 08:27:30 AM »
One of the mistakes from klopp in our starting lineup. We had Gomez on to shut out Alba but he canít cross a ball like Trent can plus Alba made the assist for the first anyway!!

He was badly missed and Iím sure heíll be disappointed as he should be

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3428 on: May 2, 2019, 01:04:44 PM »
I hilariously got pelted on the previous page for thinking Klopp would go ahead with Gomez. I still think the choice was mainly made cause he thinks Trent is tired and not a trust issue on the biggest stage which is simply not true since he begun the CL final last season was one of our best players. We missed his delivery for sure though and Joe just wasn't good enough.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Classycara

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #3429 on: May 2, 2019, 01:10:14 PM »
I hilariously got pelted on the previous page for thinking Klopp would go ahead with Gomez. I still think the choice was mainly made cause he thinks Trent is tired and not a trust issue on the biggest stage which is simply not true since he begun the CL final last season was one of our best players. We missed his delivery for sure though and Joe just wasn't good enough.

Don't know if you're including me in the hilarity cos I did think Klopp doing that would be odd, but I think last night showed my point exactly (which it seems we agreed on).

But still would have been fine with Gomez's pretty good return from injury if we took him off as his shoulders were dropping in the 60+ minutes, and brought TAA on at 0-1 chasing an away goal while keeping the ball reasonably well everywhere except at right back.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3430 on: May 2, 2019, 03:13:38 PM »
Don't know if you're including me in the hilarity cos I did think Klopp doing that would be odd, but I think last night showed my point exactly (which it seems we agreed on).

But still would have been fine with Gomez's pretty good return from injury if we took him off as his shoulders were dropping in the 60+ minutes, and brought TAA on at 0-1 chasing an away goal while keeping the ball reasonably well everywhere except at right back.

Oh believe me, I was asking that as well. I think we needed that sub. Others may have thought that while Gomez was not so good, a right back for a right back would seem a bit of 'waste' of a sub but he is one of our best playmakers.

The hilarity (as in hilariously bad) thing was referring to posting a take and getting pelters and people reaching to mad conclusions. I repeat, for a football take which is wild. It had nothing to do if someone disagreed with it but just the way you go about it. What I found really funny is I would have picked Trent too, it's just what I thought Klopp would do.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online RyanBabel19

• Believer
« Reply #3431 on: May 2, 2019, 03:24:50 PM »
One of the biggest compliments I can give him is when he doesn't play, you notice it massively

Online DelTrotter

• Believer
« Reply #3432 on: May 2, 2019, 03:29:27 PM »

The hilarity (as in hilariously bad) thing was referring to posting a take and getting pelters and people reaching to mad conclusions.

One person called it weird, why ya going on like 200 posters were calling you every name under the sun?  ;D

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Believer
« Reply #3433 on: May 2, 2019, 03:31:02 PM »
Needs to play next Tuesday. That right side is there for the taking. Just like they didn''t worry about Alba leavign them exposed, we shoudln't be worryign about Trent leaving us exposed. With how high Alba pushes up, that right side is there to be exposed and it will allow Salah to tuck in.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Believer
« Reply #3434 on: May 2, 2019, 03:33:22 PM »
Trent should have been rested for the Huddersfield game and kept fresh for starting the game last night.

Really missed his attacking play last night, Alba must have been happy when he saw Gomez starting.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline trimore

• Believer
« Reply #3435 on: May 2, 2019, 05:30:18 PM »
Needs to play next Tuesday. That right side is there for the taking. Just like they didn''t worry about Alba leavign them exposed, we shoudln't be worryign about Trent leaving us exposed. With how high Alba pushes up, that right side is there to be exposed and it will allow Salah to tuck in.

Based on the game last night, you will have a better attack with TAA and maybe you can put more pressure on Alba to defend, but you will give Messi more of a free reign in the center. That's what Gomez did, help crowd the center so Messi couldn't get too much time on the ball. And it worked, most agree Messi didn't run the game last night, our crowding was effective. It's no surprise when Gomez clearly tired is when Messi made his best runs through the middle.   
"There is no magic formula, no mystery about Anfield, it's just down to pure talent. Bob Paisley epitomises that and I am amazed that people who ought to know better, do not accept the fact." Clough

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #3436 on: May 2, 2019, 05:44:41 PM »
Based on the game last night, you will have a better attack with TAA and maybe you can put more pressure on Alba to defend, but you will give Messi more of a free reign in the center. That's what Gomez did, help crowd the center so Messi couldn't get too much time on the ball. And it worked, most agree Messi didn't run the game last night, our crowding was effective. It's no surprise when Gomez clearly tired is when Messi made his best runs through the middle.   

The issue with that is that it also hinders Robertson as actually all you do is switch your focus to his side and you then have an impaired attack on both flanks.
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline Rick-40

• Might be missing a 'p'. If found, please return to RAWK Towers in a stamped SAE for a reward.
  • Believer
« Reply #3437 on: May 2, 2019, 05:48:59 PM »

Tired? Even tired TAA is better than rested Gomez at RB. Why he never thinks about Robbo being tired?

Whatever it was, it was a mistake by Klopp.
P

Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly,
The Fields of Anfield Road,
We are loyal supporters,
And we come from around the world!

Allez, Allez, Allez...

Online mickeydocs

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
« Reply #3438 on: May 2, 2019, 05:53:28 PM »
One of the mistakes from klopp in our starting lineup.

HIndsight is 20:20. TAA has struggled against a few attackers recently and was taken out of the starting line up as we were up against possibly the best attack in world football.
This club is greater than any one player.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3439 on: May 2, 2019, 05:58:57 PM »

You did mate. I was one who laughed at the idea. Sorry!

Although I think maybe it wasn't Jurgen's best decision to date....
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.