Author Topic: Thailand  (Read 14722 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Thailand
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2019, 09:54:13 pm »
That's brilliant. Thanks for that. Slightly more excited about going now.

Offline RhosRed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: April 4, 2019, 10:40:31 am »
Off with the other half a week today, can anybody tell me if its worth staying around the soi cowboy / nana plaza area for the nightlife on the Sunday before we leave?

We're doing all the touristy crap so not too bothered if its similar just after somewhere with good nightlife for the last night, staying near KhaoSan Rd when we arrive.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2019, 04:12:40 am »
Anyone done or know of anyone that has done a Sak Yant tattoo whilst out in Thailand?

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #83 on: June 1, 2019, 10:12:41 am »
Reds living here too.... where are you watching the match tonight?

I’m staying in for this one, and looking for a steady stream. I have a subscription for BeIN which has been excellent for the Premier League, but no CL this year.

I read that Goal Thailand have the rights for it, and after researching it looks like a YouTube Channel called DAZN Thailand will stream it (seems to be connected to Goal).

Anyone used it this year? Is it reliable? English commentary? Any other suggestions?
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #84 on: June 4, 2019, 11:40:49 am »
Bit off topic...but me and all my Thai mates had a great Sunday in O'Neils before the parade. Lovely group, like most Thai people, so laid back, polite and a great laugh!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: June 8, 2019, 04:32:51 pm »
Thailand fan club having a blast after Madrid final

https://mobile.twitter.com/www_cherdchai/status/1136051416416448512

;D
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2019, 07:29:09 pm »
Making my second trip to Thailand in a couple of weeks. Taking my other half for her first visit. I'm starting a new job soon and taking a pay cut, so this is probably our last proper chill holiday for a long while. We've got 48 hours in Bangkok, then 4 days in Koh Samui. I think the only "activity" we'll do there is a day long tour with kayaking etc to Ang Thong Park. Other than that, just gonna relax by the pool and eat ALL the Thai food. Really excited. I thought I'd hate Bangkok the first time I went but actually I loved it. It was my first proper solo trip and it kick started the last 7 years of exploring the world on my tod ;D. And to this day, 30p Pad Thai off the street vendors is one of my favourite ever meals.

It's gonna be a bit rainy when we're there but I'm not bothered. I'm just aallllll about the food.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2019, 04:17:09 pm »
Yeah I miss the food big time. Would be happy to go back just for that to be honest. If I ever go back to SE Asia I will make try and get a few days in Bangkok. Only place I've been where the street-food consistently tops Thailand is Kuala Lumpar (and that's because you can get pretty much all types of authentic Asian street food, Thai included)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2019, 03:23:14 pm »
5 months left for me yet :( so many places that I want to visit.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2019, 07:42:32 pm »
Has anyone done the Phi Phi sunrise tour?

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2019, 08:58:11 am »
Just spent a few months over there.  Initially went in 2017 and did a month in a Muay Thai camp - then did 3 weeks early last year.  Had my long service up at work so spent Dec-May just south of Pattaya City doing daily sessions at the training camp and otherwise just chilling out.  I'd definitely recommend giving at least a session a try!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2019, 04:15:34 pm »
Just five weeks left! Can't wait.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2019, 04:35:35 pm »
Whats the situation with Champions league games?  I heard that the satellite/cable provider doesnt have rights.

I fly out sunday for 3 weeks and the Genk game is on.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2019, 04:39:12 pm »
Whats the situation with Champions league games?  I heard that the satellite/cable provider doesnt have rights.

Really?

Just checked and only City game at home is on when I'm there. There's a break after it.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2019, 04:43:01 pm »
Really?

Im not sure, but think I remember something about it. You will be fine for the city game.  Political elections are your only threat
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline exilescouse

• Lack sufficient letters for real testicles.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #95 on: October 2, 2019, 06:55:29 am »
Really?

Just checked and only City game at home is on when I'm there. There's a break after it.

When are you here? I'm living in Bangkok mate.

Also for those guys living here I an online service, 2000 + channels, all the premier league games live. champions league on BT Sport, all the UK channels, movies on there etc, 650 Baht per month, send me a PM and i'll send you the guys details that runs it.

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #96 on: October 2, 2019, 09:22:42 am »
Heading over in January for 4-6 weeks. Doing a Muay Thai camp in Phuket then plan to travel a little bit after. Any recommendations and tips on what to do when I’m there or where to go? Thanks
Justice for the 97

Offline exilescouse

• Anny Roader
« Reply #97 on: October 2, 2019, 10:20:23 am »
Heading over in January for 4-6 weeks. Doing a Muay Thai camp in Phuket then plan to travel a little bit after. Any recommendations and tips on what to do when I’m there or where to go? Thanks

That all depends on if you want to stay in the South or head more central and North mate.

Bangkok is an amazing place if you enjoy big bustling cities with small oasis dotted about for peace and quiet, great restaurants, bars and clubs, great markets, I always enjoy a trip on the Chao Praya River.

If you prefer the beaches then stay near phuket or head across to Kho Pangnan near Samui, that nice if you avoid where the full moon party is held. Personally for the beach I go to Hua Hin a couple of hundred km south of Bangkok, or head toward Cambodia and go to Kho Chang or Kho Mak.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #98 on: October 4, 2019, 07:40:14 pm »

Some Champions League games are streamed free on Youtube on a channel called DAZN Thailand.

As for Premier League, if you are here for 3 weeks you should download an app called True ID and subscribe for a month. You will get all Premier League games live for peanuts.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline exilescouse

• Anny Roader
« Reply #99 on: October 5, 2019, 05:25:36 am »
Some Champions League games are streamed free on Youtube on a channel called DAZN Thailand.

As for Premier League, if you are here for 3 weeks you should download an app called True ID and subscribe for a month. You will get all Premier League games live for peanuts.

yeah I have True ID on my phone as I have a True sim card, but I also have True at home for the missus so she can watch her thai shite..

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 5, 2019, 09:45:59 am »
yeah I have True ID on my phone as I have a True sim card, but I also have True at home for the missus so she can watch her thai shite..

Hi mate - thanks for the info, Im a bit of a tehnophobe, but if the bars will have it on true then thats fine

Is it pissing down?

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #101 on: October 5, 2019, 06:04:42 pm »
Hi mate - thanks for the info, Im a bit of a tehnophobe, but if the bars will have it on true then thats fine

Is it pissing down?

Bars will yeah, but be ready for a Thai band playing instead of commentary  ;D

Rained where I am last night and this morning. Rained for an hour and then sun out again and up to mid thirties heat.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #102 on: October 5, 2019, 06:05:57 pm »

Yep helps for that too  ;D

I survived on those 5 or 6 English True channels in my first year here... horrific!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 6, 2019, 01:17:54 pm »
Just a month left. Will be watching city game in Cambodia.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #104 on: October 6, 2019, 06:30:14 pm »
Just a month left. Will be watching city game in Cambodia.

I really enjoyed my travels there. From my experience, Cambodia is the real land of smiles.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 6, 2019, 11:37:06 pm »
I really enjoyed my travels there. From my experience, Cambodia is the real land of smiles.
Good to hear. Can't wait to get there. Really looking forward to exploring it and Thailand.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2019, 04:03:13 pm »
Counting down the days.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2019, 06:04:54 am »
Counting down the days.
Loving my time here. Weather and everything has surpassed my expectations.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2019, 02:01:33 pm »
I've had so many Bao Buns.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2019, 05:12:40 am »
When are you here? I'm living in Bangkok mate.

Also for those guys living here I an online service, 2000 + channels, all the premier league games live. champions league on BT Sport, all the UK channels, movies on there etc, 650 Baht per month, send me a PM and i'll send you the guys details that runs it.

Hey, I'm a fellow scouser living and working in Bangkok. What do you do out here?

I'd be interested to hear about your TV package.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2019, 11:31:48 pm »

Read something years ago... something like.

In Thailand they watch the rice grow
In Laos they hear it grow
In Cambodia they feel it grow

Most probably got it wrong as its 11.30 on a Saturday night .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2019, 11:37:10 pm »
A handy bit of info is never lose your temper if things are going tits up. Or to lose face so to speak. Keep calm an all that. They call it Jai Yen which I think means Cool Heart.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2019, 11:39:37 pm »
Mai pen rai too. There's lots of translations of this but when it was said to me it felt like they were saying something like . Dont worry , shit happens .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2019, 11:44:10 pm »
Ah. Another one. If you are staying in hostel or beach shack for a bit always insist on paying your bill right there and then. I usually got ... pay when you leave . I tried to insist on paying now on the spot but they refused. Once I got stung on Koh Jum . I paid one fella on the day I was leaving which Iam sure was wrong . His mate then turned up and asked me to pay. I tried to explain Ive already paid but..... his mate and left the Island for a few days so... I must pay now. The look in his eyes was menacing. I paid and learned a lesson.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2019, 11:50:47 pm »
If up north then you may as well take in the golden triangle at Chiang rai and the Mae Hong Son province as a whole offers quite a bit.

I lived with the Black Lahu right in between Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai for a bit . A month I reckon but use to get off and visit Chiang Mai sometimes. Its one of the parts of my life I will always look back on with great fondness.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline exilescouse

• Anny Roader
« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2019, 01:55:07 am »
Hey, I'm a fellow scouser living and working in Bangkok. What do you do out here?

Sent you a pm mate

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2019, 08:27:47 am »
A handy bit of info is never lose your temper if things are going tits up. Or to lose face so to speak. Keep calm an all that. They call it Jai Yen which I think means Cool Heart.

That's what drives me mad here. It is impossible to have a healthy debate or discussion without someone losing face, especially in the workplace. Therefore people just don't engage in discussions like that.

And there is little accountability too... if someone gets it wrong mai pen rai, they do it again.... wrong again? Jai yen na, try again....

Offline exilescouse

• Anny Roader
« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2019, 08:46:14 am »
That's what drives me mad here. It is impossible to have a healthy debate or discussion without someone losing face, especially in the workplace. Therefore people just don't engage in discussions like that.

And there is little accountability too... if someone gets it wrong mai pen rai, they do it again.... wrong again? Jai yen na, try again....

Hey you farang, you fink too mutt, you no understand thai

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2019, 01:47:15 pm »

:o

I'm sure there more to Bangkok than that sort of thing!!

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2019, 03:10:39 pm »
:o

I'm sure there more to Bangkok than that sort of thing!!

Bangkok is amazing and has loads of things to do.

But it’s different when you live here. The novelty wears off and it becomes normal. The last thing you want to do after a day at work is venture too far in that traffic and, a lot of time, pollution.

Personally, my mental health got a real boost when I found comfort of streaming TV from home.