Author Topic: Renovated Melwood?  (Read 26046 times)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96.
Re: Renovated Melwood?
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2016, 11:07:02 PM »
Dunno, seems like end of a era for both Everton and Liverpool to move away from West Derby and move into these super facilties outside the city.

I see your point. It's sad, I think you lose the community feel a little bit. Melwood and Bellfield are/were situated next door to houses, communities, shops, pubs. The same people who frequent those places are the same people who go to the match of a weekend. It wouldn't be a too dissimilar story if we move everything to Kirkby but the complex up there isn't quite enveloped by the norms of day to day life like Melwood is.

It wouldn't surprise me to see us relocate to a whole new site though.

Offline Anfield89

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2017, 08:19:11 PM »
Petition going around to try and stop the club building 160 houses on the Melwood site.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2017, 08:27:52 PM »
Petition going around to try and stop the club building 160 houses on the Melwood site.
Why?

Offline Anfield89

• Believer
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2017, 08:44:43 PM »
Why?

Traffic issues, pressure on local schools. They want the grounds used for something that doesn't line the pockets of the club according to The West Derby Society.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Believer
« Reply #44 on: August 2, 2017, 04:05:46 PM »
As there is such a housing shortage , surely it is better to build on rather than leave this historic location to become a wasteland? The west derby society were always the epitome of nimbyism and even big fat Joe couldn't refuse building houses on this patch - in fact I bet he would carry the bricks himself if it meant our history being cemented over. Dalglish crescent, Moran walk, Evans avenue, Melwood estate , first time buyers would be delighted to move into a beautiful location.

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2017, 06:06:41 AM »
The west derby society like to moan about infrastructure, roads and no school places. They do have a point, Mill Lane going to town of a morning just keeps getting worse. All those new houses on Hollylodge land and over the road will cause murder soon. Every family having two or more cars. I'd rather they built houses on Melwood than Alder Hey though and concentrate their efforts on that battle.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #46 on: December 5, 2017, 02:52:18 PM »
On the beeb, quoting a twitter.

Andy Kelly
 ✔  @AndyK_LivNews 

Heading to Liverpool Town Hall shortly. #LFC planning application to build 160 homes on Melwood as part of move to new first team training facility at Kirkby. Cllrs currently on a site visit after lots of local objections.

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #47 on: December 5, 2017, 02:53:15 PM »
Not really a surprise that there are plenty of local objections, you rarely get an application for a big load of houses without them.

Offline istvan kozma

• Believer
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #48 on: December 5, 2017, 08:50:28 PM »
Liverpool a step closer to new training facility after planning permission granted for Melwood

Objections from local residents and councillors fail as club can sell training ground for residential development

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-step-closer-new-training-13997551

Offline l12ngo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2018, 12:54:34 PM »
I still remember Houllier and Murphy having a quick pint in the Standard after training one day. No doubt due to his superb free kick the week before when we beat Man U at Old Trafford. So long ago now. The place was quite empty but a guy in a wheelchair who was on his own went over and asked for their autographs and they sat down and drank with him. A long time back now but I'm sure the fella still remembers it like it was yesterday.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #51 on: March 1, 2018, 12:52:32 PM »
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-state-art-training-complex-14351887

That seems curiously generous on the part of Knowlsey council. Not that I'm complaining mind.

Bet Klopp would kill for a full size indoor pitch this week. Will be great when this is all complete.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #52 on: March 1, 2018, 01:00:54 PM »
That seems curiously generous on the part of Knowlsey council. Not that I'm complaining mind.

Bet Klopp would kill for a full size indoor pitch this week. Will be great when this is all complete.

The bitters will find a reason to fewm about that ;D

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Believer
« Reply #53 on: March 1, 2018, 01:14:14 PM »
Has Joe Anderson asked the Police to investigate the sale of the land yet?

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #54 on: March 1, 2018, 01:16:15 PM »
Our blue friends won't have to look too hard to find something to fewm over! We are selling the similar sized Melwood plot for circa 8m if you believe the Echo.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2018, 01:22:55 PM by richmiller1 »