Author Topic: Iago Aspas  (Read 53774 times)

Offline blacksun

• Believer
Re: Iago Aspas
« Reply #320 on: April 9, 2019, 06:21:57 AM »
From what we all saw of him in a reds shirt, I think it's more than fair to predict he wouldn't have succeeded in a post Suarez LFC team.

That being said, it's clear he's gone back to La Liga and became one of Spain's best strikers of recent years, and I'm really happy for him. There's a snobbish attitude that clouds people's perspectives of a player when they fail in the prem, but do well abroad. Quite simply they play to his strengths, and asides from being good in front of goal his all round play is excellent. He definitely has the quality to succeed in this league, but we'll likely never see it given his age.

Thing is I don't think he did fail in the PL, he barely got a chance,had he got a run of games and the other players had got used to his strengths I think he'd have been more productive than the strikers we had that season.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #321 on: April 11, 2019, 01:30:54 PM »
Thing is I don't think he did fail in the PL, he barely got a chance,had he got a run of games and the other players had got used to his strengths I think he'd have been more productive than the strikers we had that season.

I agree, would have been better giving him a chance then using Lambert,Balotteli and Borini that season when Sturridge was injured.

Online Desert Red Fox

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: April 11, 2019, 04:20:31 PM »
Unfairly maligned here for that corner, barely given a chance afterwards. I agree with people that said that we could've used him instead of Balotelli/Lambert/Borini (jeez.) but I also think he wanted to go back home, he wasn't 100% comfortable here.

So, in a way, I'm glad he's back home and being such an important part of the club he loves. I mean, isn't he pretty much living the supporter's dream? Playing for them and becoming a legend. Giving your all of the team you support, and the supporters loving you back for representing everything they dream of doing if given the chance.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Believer
  • BoRac
« Reply #323 on: May 19, 2019, 05:59:10 PM »
Scored another two last night, saved Celta from relegation, and finished the season as La Liga's fourth goalscorer, despite missing two months of the season through injury. Scored 20 goals from 27 appearances, way fewer than Messi, but just one fewer than Benzema and Suarez, and five more than Griezmann (all of whom played a lot more). It's his third top-four finish in a row.