Author Topic: Chelsea Football Circus  (Read 1315584 times)

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and pretend they're mine.
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chelsea Football Circus
« Reply #15120 on: November 22, 2018, 01:27:05 PM »
To be fair to Didier Drogba, what a player he was. Has to be Chelsea's best ever striker and along with Henry, the striker who gave us the most problems down the years. Also an ultimate big game player. Scored 10 goals in finals or something ridiculous.

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15121 on: November 22, 2018, 01:29:51 PM »
He was annoying though and his antics made him unplayable. He was so strong that he could bully defenders, and often did. At the same time, if defenders tried to use any strength back h wasn’t averse to hamming it up and rolling around winning a lot of cheap free kicks.

Made him very hard to play against because as soon as defenders dropped off slightly he could roll them so well. Very good player and by all accounts a very nice man but I could t stand the prick whenever we played them!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Bam!
« Reply #15122 on: November 22, 2018, 04:58:07 PM »
To be fair to Didier Drogba, what a player he was. Has to be Chelsea's best ever striker and along with Henry, the striker who gave us the most problems down the years. Also an ultimate big game player. Scored 10 goals in finals or something ridiculous.

Not just for Chelsea

I remember him scoring in both legs when we played Marseille before his move to Chelsea.

Feel like he hardly scored vs us in the league though? Just any cup competitions he would turn it on.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Believer
« Reply #15123 on: November 22, 2018, 05:04:10 PM »
Drogba has announced his retirement. He gets a lot of praise in the BBC comment section, with words like “gentleman” and “class” being thrown around from fans of others clubs. Strange. I remember him as a brilliant player but also as a cheating and diving dirtbag. Especially that match where he rolled back onto the field to waste time.
Doesn’t change the fact that he was instrumental to Chelsea’s success.

;D

Feel like he hardly scored vs us in the league though? Just any cup competitions he would turn it on.

He had a couple of 20+ league goal seasons, 29 one time when they won the league, but yeah, generally he wasn't particularly prolific for a top bracket striker. Brilliant player mind. As sinnermichael says, the ultimate big game player.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Bam!
« Reply #15124 on: November 22, 2018, 05:04:47 PM »

He had a couple of 20+ league goal seasons, 29 one time when they won the league, but yeah, generally he wasn't particularly prolific for a top bracket striker. Brilliant player mind. As sinnermichael says, the ultimate big game player.

Sorry, I meant in game vs us in the league!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Believer
« Reply #15125 on: November 22, 2018, 05:05:28 PM »

Oh yeah, my bad! Apologies, misread your comment!

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15126 on: November 22, 2018, 05:31:58 PM »

Scored a screamer in August 2006 at Stamford Bridge early in the season when he brought one down on his chest, turned and volleyed it. Think Gerrard played that backpass for him too! And probably scored in that 4-1 win at Anfield but have erased that as best I can!

Offline deano2727

• Believer
« Reply #15127 on: November 22, 2018, 06:12:17 PM »
On his day he was unstoppable. Not as talented as the likes of Suarez, Ronaldo and Henry - but a terrific player none the less.

Offline Caligula?

• Mr Negativity here, I’m worried about... Everything. In no danger of saying anything positive about anyone or anything any time soon.....
  • Believer
  • I live!
« Reply #15128 on: November 23, 2018, 08:47:03 PM »
I see Sarri is back to lowering expectations. Again. What is it with Italians? Conte was constantly bitching and whining all of last season, and now Sarri takes every opportunity he can to lower any and all sort of expectation by saying that ourselves and City are better than them, and that City are above everyone else. If he's said it once fair enough but it's like the third or fourth time this season.  ???

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • Believer
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #15129 on: November 24, 2018, 12:19:39 AM »
Lowering expectations acts to lower pressure on the team and improve confidence. Nowt wrong with it. Saying that we and City are better is probably true and, weather or not true, the media believes it. And if he achieves more than that, then he becomes a hero a la Ranieri. Klopp too has been lowering expectations since his arrival. Except he does it in a way that's trustworthy and the media doesn't question him.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and pretend they're mine.
  • Believer
« Reply #15130 on: November 24, 2018, 07:34:56 PM »
Eden Hazard has been bang average since he won the Ballon d’Or, Eurovision, Strictly and I’m A Celebrity a full month into the season.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Believer
« Reply #15131 on: November 24, 2018, 07:39:49 PM »
I see Sarri is back to lowering expectations. Again. What is it with Italians? Conte was constantly bitching and whining all of last season, and now Sarri takes every opportunity he can to lower any and all sort of expectation by saying that ourselves and City are better than them, and that City are above everyone else. If he's said it once fair enough but it's like the third or fourth time this season.  ???
He said that at the start of the season and has kept at it eversince.
Before we played them, he said that "Chelsea's not there yet- City and Liverpool are the two teams who are in the title chase.
For Chelsea, it will be abother year- maybe two." I'm paraphrasing, but those were his words. I've not heard him say anything to the contrary and he's been talking a lot for a man getting used to English.

Those were his words. Like I said- he's been saying they will not challenge this season since the start of the season. He's not changing expectations, or downplaying them at all.

Myself and a few others have been of the same opinion since the start of the season as well. Chelsea will not challenge- it's too early for them, but somehow people want to force themselves into believing Chelsea has any chance of challenginig this season.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 07:45:16 PM by the_red_pill »
Let's drink to him once more. He was a good Stalker.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15132 on: November 24, 2018, 08:29:44 PM »
Before we played them, he said that "Chelsea's not there yet- City and Liverpool are the two teams who are in the title chase.
For Chelsea, it will be abother year- maybe two." I'm paraphrasing, but those were his words. I've not heard him say anything to the contrary and he's been talking a lot for a man getting used to English.

Those were his words. Like I said- he's been saying they will not challenge this season since the start of the season. He's not changing expectations, or downplaying them at all.

Myself and a few others have been of the same opinion since the start of the season as well. Chelsea will not challenge- it's too early for them, but somehow people want to force themselves into believing Chelsea has any chance of challenginig this season.

is he planning a lot of player turnover? because it seems this current bunch understand his methods just fine. what will change next year? Better defense?

Online vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15133 on: November 24, 2018, 08:33:59 PM »
I see Sarri is back to lowering expectations. Again. What is it with Italians?

That's a weird leap. Jose is lowering expectations all the time, is there something the matter with all the Portugese too?

Offline DelTrotter

• Believer
« Reply #15134 on: November 24, 2018, 08:34:00 PM »

Yep, they aren’t great in any area. People got hammered on here earlier in the season for not buying the hype as they stuck a few past crap like Huddersfield and Cardiff. A team with only one quality attacker has no hope of ever winning this league, not with us the way we are and another side cheating.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #15135 on: November 24, 2018, 08:47:38 PM »
Yep, they aren’t great in any area. People got hammered on here earlier in the season for not buying the hype as they stuck a few past crap like Huddersfield and Cardiff. A team with only one quality attacker has no hope of ever winning this league, not with us the way we are and another side cheating.

they also beat us (ok ok the cup - but were winning) and then we drew at their place, though many say we played way better.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer