Author Topic: Walt Disney World, Florida  (Read 19608 times)

Offline stewil007

• Believer
Re: Walt Disney World, Florida
« Reply #320 on: April 11, 2019, 08:53:46 PM »
We are thinking of going in a few years time, my daughter will be 18, my son will be 13 and my youngest will be about 4.

Going to be in the summer holidays, probably no way around it. For 2 weeks.

What sort of budget am I going to have to find to fund this sort of trip - not sure even what parks to go to and what to avoid.

Its a nightmare trying to think about all the options and what to give a wide berthetc.

So any beginners guide would be nice

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: April 11, 2019, 09:48:43 PM »
We are thinking of going in a few years time, my daughter will be 18, my son will be 13 and my youngest will be about 4.

What sort of budget am I going to have to find to fund this sort of trip - not sure even what parks to go to and what to avoid.

Its a nightmare trying to think about all the options and what to give a wide berthetc.

This is a good site that tells you when the parks are busiest. This link is for Universal, but mooch about and it'll show all parks. In short, avoid June & July, along with the first half of August unless you fancy mega-queues.

https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/crowd-calendar/?month=aug&yr=2019#crowdCalendar

For 5 of you at those ages, you're likely talking 3k flights & car. A good villa can be got for about 800/week if you're ok being a little away from the bustle. Don't know about hotels.

Parks are stupidly pricey.

With spending cash, I'd go north of 7k for a fortnight.

https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/crowd-calendar/?month=aug&yr=2019#crowdCalendar
This season, I shall mostly be wetting the bed.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Believer
« Reply #322 on: April 12, 2019, 09:04:33 AM »

I'm sure it's been said in here before but you need to do your prep before going. Work out exactly what you want to do park wise before you book anything to do with the holiday. Once you've done that have an idea what you want to do each day and potentially book restaurants and 'Fast-Pass' rides months in advance of going.

In terms of budget, I reckon you are talking 8k at the very least for 5 people for a fortnight. Depends also if you are going in a school holiday or not. That would probably include reasonably priced flights (3-4k), car hire (0.5k), park tickets (1-2k) and a villa (1.5-2k) not necessarily right by the park. That might be a bit tight of spending money though.

If you want to stay at Disney then it could be more. I booked about 10-12 months in advance and got free food. Saved me about 1k at least. Think I spent 10 days at Disney and a week elsewhere and it cost about 10-11k without spending money included. Staying at Disney was amazing though. Being able to get in the park early was brilliant for getting on rides.

I thought Orlando was an amazing holdiay with kids. But if you don't plan it could be really frustrating waiting hours in queues for rides. We spent hours planning stuff and when we got there we were sorted. No problem for food since tables were booked. Got on at least 10-12 rides/shows a day and probably only stayed on the parks for about 7-8 hours a day due to my kids age.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #323 on: April 12, 2019, 09:21:15 AM »
Has the Disney Dining Plan been scrapped completely?

I'm going in a few weeks and staying in Cabana Bay and not doing Disney but last time that I checked the Dine Plan had been scrapped which is a shame.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Believer
« Reply #324 on: April 12, 2019, 10:33:55 AM »
Has the Disney Dining Plan been scrapped completely?

I'm going in a few weeks and staying in Cabana Bay and not doing Disney but last time that I checked the Dine Plan had been scrapped which is a shame.

Don't think so. You can still book it on Disney's website if you are booking accommodation on the park.

There's a 3 tiered dining plan. The mid-one is probably the best and costs about 2000 for 2 weeks for 4 people. I got it free when I went a few years ago. Think I got the mid plan free at the time because I was booked into 'club level' at Animal Lodge, which is designated as a Disney Deluxe Resort. Got 'free' alcohol in the hotel as well. Pretty much didn't spend a penny on food and drink for the 10 days I was there.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.