Author Topic: Car Insurance  (Read 25057 times)

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: Car Insurance
« Reply #320 on: April 1, 2016, 09:23:57 PM »
Anybody bother getting the breakdown/roadside recovery with the insurance company or do it separately through AA?
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #321 on: April 2, 2016, 11:02:11 AM »
Anybody bother getting the breakdown/roadside recovery with the insurance company or do it separately through AA?
I got mine through ASDA. It's £7 a month not sure the level of cover, quite sure it includes recovery though
Keira 29/04/1999
Sophie 26/04/2006

Mini Reds

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #322 on: April 2, 2016, 11:10:04 AM »
All count yourselfs lucky anyway. I have just passed my test and I am getting quoted £2,500

Offline Eel Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #323 on: April 2, 2016, 11:22:19 AM »
All count yourselfs lucky anyway. I have just passed my test and I am getting quoted £2,500

Try looking at Admiral multi-car.
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and thatís being very conservative. So thatís £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head thatís £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #324 on: April 2, 2016, 03:32:49 PM »
I got mine through ASDA. It's £7 a month not sure the level of cover, quite sure it includes recovery though

Thanks!
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed
  • Believer
« Reply #325 on: April 4, 2016, 05:20:32 PM »
Northern Ireland is absolutely pants for insurance - I remember reading that it's something like 10-20% more expensive than the rest of the UK.  I'm on the same car and job as last year, I'm a year older, have another year of no claims, yet my best quote (after haggling) is 25% more than last year's price... my cousin in England drives the same car as me, is two years younger and his job is a red-flag one, yet he pays a third of the insurance price I pay.

Offline Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #326 on: March 26, 2019, 05:18:20 PM »
Do you lose no claims discount if you take 6 - 12 months without driving?

Online Just Elmo?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #327 on: March 26, 2019, 05:47:13 PM »
Do you lose no claims discount if you take 6 - 12 months without driving?

If I remember right from my time working for Esure, they would accept anything up to 2 years gap.

Offline Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #328 on: March 26, 2019, 07:43:37 PM »
If I remember right from my time working for Esure, they would accept anything up to 2 years gap.

Ta mate.

Online Just Elmo?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #329 on: March 26, 2019, 09:23:21 PM »
Ta mate.

Don't take it as gospel, that was quite a few years ago!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #330 on: March 27, 2019, 08:08:59 AM »
Ta mate.

Check with your insurance how they long they allow, but I think it is still at least a 1 yr break is allowed.

I remember reading some advice last year about if you don't own a car but you other half does, swap the main driver over on the insurance each year and both build and retain NCB. Wish I'd done that as I lost full NCB when I sold my car, even though I was named on the wifes policy.

Offline Barneylfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #331 on: March 27, 2019, 08:22:45 AM »
Cheers Rob. It's someone I will be adding as a named driver on my policy as their car is fucked. She doesn't want to be paying her own insurance for a car she wont be driving anymore and will be a few months before shes in a position to buy another one.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Grumpy by name and nature. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #332 on: April 15, 2019, 10:48:37 PM »

I get AA cover though my membership of the Toyota owners club for £56 all in.
Shame on the English FA, South Yorkshire Police, and The Sun.

Justice for the 96!