Author Topic: Android Phones - Apps and stuff  (Read 175183 times)

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
Re: Android Phones - Apps and stuff
« Reply #2480 on: April 11, 2018, 08:52:35 AM »
I'm just about to order a new phone and not to sure how to transfer apps from phone storage and memory card storage from the old phone to the new phone.

Any hints / tips would be gratefully received.

Keira 29/04/1999
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Believer
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #2481 on: April 11, 2018, 10:37:53 AM »
Got my S9+ on Monday, after a couple days use I finally had to recharge it, inclusive of all the app downloads and updates and stuff, it is LIGHTNING quick and the screen and camera are unreal, took a bit of getting used to slide from bottom to use the home and back keys etc as I had an S7 before but it is awesome, really impressed with it :)

Recommended. Also not as big as you'd think.

I'm just about to order a new phone and not to sure how to transfer apps from phone storage and memory card storage from the old phone to the new phone.

Your apps should be tied to your account (Google Account) so they should re-download automatically onto your new phone boss.
Instagram: randomphil
Twitter: www.twitter.com/randomPH1L

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #2482 on: April 11, 2018, 03:17:36 PM »
Your apps should be tied to your account (Google Account) so they should re-download automatically onto your new phone boss.
does that included all the data associated with the apps? What about those that I've been able to save to my memory card. Can these be re-installed on the new phone from the memory card?
Keira 29/04/1999
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2483 on: April 11, 2018, 05:08:34 PM »

Just download the Smart Switch app and transfer via your usb or wifi. Takes no time at all.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #2484 on: April 11, 2018, 06:46:17 PM »
Just download the Smart Switch app and transfer via your usb or wifi. Takes no time at all.
Thanks for that. Will give it a go. Assume you download smart switch to the new phone and then turn Wi-Fi on for both phones and the magic happens?
Keira 29/04/1999
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #2485 on: April 13, 2018, 09:13:12 AM »
Got my S9+ on Monday, after a couple days use I finally had to recharge it, inclusive of all the app downloads and updates and stuff, it is LIGHTNING quick and the screen and camera are unreal, took a bit of getting used to slide from bottom to use the home and back keys etc as I had an S7 before but it is awesome, really impressed with it :)

Recommended. Also not as big as you'd think.

You should be able to lock the navigation bar at the bottom of you would prefer to have it there rather than slide it up all the time. Should be a dot on the left. If you double tap it, the navigation bar should stay.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Believer
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #2486 on: April 13, 2018, 09:52:08 AM »
You should be able to lock the navigation bar at the bottom of you would prefer to have it there rather than slide it up all the time. Should be a dot on the left. If you double tap it, the navigation bar should stay.

Thank you, saw that, I do enjoy seeing the whole screen now I've gotten used to it so have remained with the slider for now but yeah, what a bloody great phone.
Instagram: randomphil
Twitter: www.twitter.com/randomPH1L

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #2487 on: April 14, 2018, 12:08:40 AM »
Thanks for that. Will give it a go. Assume you download smart switch to the new phone and then turn Wi-Fi on for both phones and the magic happens?
Download Smart Switch on both phones and follow the on screen instructions :)

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #2488 on: April 14, 2018, 01:49:41 AM »
Download Smart Switch on both phones and follow the on screen instructions :)
Cheers for that. I've downloaded it, but it appears to be for just Samsung's, I've currently got a HTC and looking to get a Nokia
Keira 29/04/1999
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Online WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
« Reply #2489 on: April 16, 2018, 08:53:14 PM »
Bubble level pro is currently free in the play store,it is usually £1.99
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Believer
« Reply #2490 on: April 20, 2018, 05:46:54 PM »
Any thoughts on alternatives to the Pixel 2? I was all ready to buy it sim free a few weeks ago at £519 for the 128gb version but was just waiting for first pay in new job - as that happens price shoots back up to 630 for the 64gb version. I don't really understand the price change as it was down that low for so long at carphone warehouse but there you go. I really don't want a phone that's much bigger than that so all the flagship samsungs, oneplus, huwaei IMO are too big for me
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #2491 on: April 20, 2018, 06:30:50 PM »
Any thoughts on alternatives to the Pixel 2? I was all ready to buy it sim free a few weeks ago at £519 for the 128gb version but was just waiting for first pay in new job - as that happens price shoots back up to 630 for the 64gb version. I don't really understand the price change as it was down that low for so long at carphone warehouse but there you go. I really don't want a phone that's much bigger than that so all the flagship samsungs, oneplus, huwaei IMO are too big for me

It's a brilliant phone and the camera is absolutely insane. The Galaxy S8 was most people's phone of the year in 2017 and has excellent battery and a camera which is almost on a par with the Pixel 2. It can be got for about £550 from reputable retailers if you look around. It has a really neat form factor too - without compromising screen size - because of the edge-to-edge bezel. The LG V30 takes similar design cues but lags behind in terms of overall camera performance (its daytime shots rival the Pixel and S8/9 but falls away with video, slo mo and night reproduction).

It's very difficult to give a truly fair competitor to the GPX2 because it was designed, primarily, to be the best camera in a phone ever. And that's what it does.

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
« Reply #2492 on: May 6, 2018, 08:22:55 AM »
I recently did an up grade on software and all my settings changed. Samsung s8
My notification settings are not the same and I can't get them back as they keep changing.
For example I've up ticked the message notification button , but after a short while it ticks it self and motivational appear on screen.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #2493 on: May 9, 2018, 03:25:13 PM »
I'm running 8.1 on a Nokia 8. Does anybody know where the profile settings are?

I can find the 'do not disturb' option but this doesn't allow the phone to vibrate when set to 'do not disturb'.
Keira 29/04/1999
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Believer
« Reply #2494 on: May 11, 2018, 09:28:45 AM »
Doing a little bit of research it seems that BT Sports app won't work after a recent update - I'm not sure if this is the BT Sports APP (the logo has changed on my phone) or Google Play Services.   When I try to access BT Sports app it gives me this message

BT Sport won't run until you update Google Play Services <UPDATE> - so i hit update and it takes me to the Google Play Services in Google Store

However there is no option to UPDATE only DEACTIVATE - so i tried that and get this message

This app is a device administrator and must be deactivated before uninstalling <OK> - so i click OK and nothing happens.

Any ideas/any others with this issue; my phone contract has BT Sports included and i'm loathed to be paying for something i can't get.

He's got a tattoo on his wrist that says "I hate blackie blackie blackie blacks, and I fucking love handballing it into the opponent's goal and away from my own goal, and biting people, and kicking young kids in the bollocks when they ask for autographs. And diving. I fucking love that."

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #2495 on: August 3, 2018, 01:22:54 AM »
Going to become one of these a-holes with 2 phones  ;D

Just bought a Moto G6 on Project Fi, cos I am sick of the crap coverage where I live, and with this, I can get good coverage as it switches between various networks.  Plus I don't actually phone and text a massive amount, so cost wise, this is about as good as it gets, $20 per month plus data as you use, and data in pretty much every country without roaming chargers. 

But I can't and won't give up my Oneplus 5T :P  I can use that when i am in the UK anyway, as it has my EE sim in there, plus I love the screen on it, so will continue to use over wifi for watching Netflix etc.

Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Believer
Android Upgrade
« Reply #2496 on: February 8, 2019, 04:40:40 PM »
I think I've delayed this a few times, but my Samsung S9 has upgraded Android overnight.

The whole look has changed (as well as some of the ways it operates) but I can get used to that.

My main issue is that ever since, my battery seems to be running down at a crazy rate - around 15-20% an hour with what I'd deem my normal use (which, up to today, I'd say chewed through on average 6-7%/hour)

The battery is shite anyway (around 9 months from new), but this is crazy; it won't be able to last through even a work day.

Has anyone else had a recent Android 'upgrade' and experienced such a loss of battery performance?

And do any of you know whether it could be related to the upgrade, or is it just coincidence and my phone is buggered?
Trump on Jeffrey Epstein:
"I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Believer
Trump on Jeffrey Epstein:
"I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

Online Shady Craig

• Not the sharpest tool. 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: Android Upgrade
« Reply #2499 on: February 8, 2019, 11:24:46 PM »
Not battery related but I updated my s8 on Wednesday night and I couldn't phone or text afterwards, the whole system was laggy as fuck as well. Phoned up Vodafone and they downloaded something to it and it worked from then on. Maybe they can do similar for yours.

Online Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2500 on: February 9, 2019, 07:21:31 AM »
Yeah I've had a similar issue. Samsung s8 here but I did an update about a month or so back and the battery just started to drain like crazy. Granted the phone is about 18 months old but the whole issue seemed to be Kickstarted around this update i had

Anyway I backed all my shit up and reset to factory and it did help a bit, but then I had another update the other day and the same thing has started to happen.

It's even more annoying when you turn off battery draining stuff like higher res, adaptive wifi etc

I'm going Huawei later in the year.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2019, 07:26:41 AM by Upinsmoke »

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2501 on: February 9, 2019, 11:59:31 AM »
Can confirm same thing has happened on every Samsung phone I've owned. Moved to Huawei for past 3 phones. Not looked back. Every issue I find better battery life

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #2502 on: February 9, 2019, 08:34:56 PM »
Install LineageOS https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/starlte is my recommendation, those are the instructions for your S9. Had the same issue on a different phone but it removes all the preinstalled crap and along with Greenify took my battery from about 4 hours to a day - runs a lot faster as well.

LineageOS is updated constantly so you'll always be fully up to date on security.

Backup first and read the instructions a few times to make sure you have everything down.

Online Just Elmo?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2503 on: February 9, 2019, 08:49:00 PM »
Can confirm same thing has happened on every Samsung phone I've owned. Moved to Huawei for past 3 phones. Not looked back. Every issue I find better battery life

Surprising given how much battery all that Chinese spying malware must take up on your phone  ;)

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • All my life goes by
« Reply #2504 on: February 10, 2019, 02:14:14 PM »
My next phone may be the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3... Can't stand notches, holes in the display etc.

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_mix_3-review-1876.php

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #2505 on: February 10, 2019, 03:52:56 PM »
Just read a bit about the S10 that's coming out later this month. Can see it's still the same old stuff, nothing new or groundbreaking. Will stick to my S7 Edge for another year I guess.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • All my life goes by
« Reply #2506 on: February 10, 2019, 04:25:32 PM »
Just read a bit about the S10 that's coming out later this month. Can see it's still the same old stuff, nothing new or groundbreaking. Will stick to my S7 Edge for another year I guess.

Why I want it:

Headphone jack
Removable storage

I love those features! But as above, probably going Xiaomi.

Offline Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #2507 on: March 16, 2019, 05:56:30 PM »
Is there a way to uninstall an update on a galaxy s8? My phone has just updated and its fucking horrible

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2508 on: March 18, 2019, 11:13:52 PM »
Is there a way to uninstall an update on a galaxy s8? My phone has just updated and its fucking horrible

Awful isn't it?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • blazed
« Reply #2509 on: March 19, 2019, 06:40:34 AM »

You need to install Odin for Samsung and then follow some steps. It could be a bit complicated to understand and you can brick your device if things go wrong so I would not recommend it unless you have some knowledge of flashing firmware.

Best to take it to a repair shop and ask them to do it for you. Will probably cost around 20-30 quid at most.
Phuk yoo

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2510 on: April 17, 2019, 11:59:15 AM »
Moved from Apply to Huawei / Android, with the new P30 Pro. Absolutely astonished with the battery life / super charging / wireless charging.  :o

Is there a non official Huawei charging option to get super charging?

I bought a combo of https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07KVZJ1F5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MK1ZR3D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But just get quick charge.

Any ideas?

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #2511 on: April 17, 2019, 03:39:09 PM »
Huawei use their own quick charge technology so the Qualcomm stuff for Smasungs etc won't work.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Believer
« Reply #2512 on: April 29, 2019, 01:31:58 PM »
My 13 year old daughter is proving to be a nightmare in knowing where the hell she is either not answering her phone or constantly on it !  I am also concerned about what she is looking at online and her social media stuff. I have been looking into the various parental apps but am no clearer on which is the best one. Anyone got any suggestions ?
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Believer
« Reply #2513 on: April 29, 2019, 02:33:27 PM »
Is there a non official Huawei charging option to get super charging?

Not in my experience. I too have a Huawei phone and the only cable and plug which seems to 'super charge' is the official Huawei one.

Can you not just use the charger it came with?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 12:18:06 AM by CheshireDave »
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline danwms

• Believer
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #2514 on: May 27, 2019, 07:57:12 AM »
HI.

I used to post here quite a load a few years ago when I was developing my app and then 3 children came along which mean the time to develop the app and spend time in forums disappeared.

Anyway i'm just posting to say that I have recently spent a lot of time working on the app to try and bring it back to where it used to be which was a very popular LFC app.

The most recent release adds day and night themes and enables the nextmatch/player birthdays widget for everyone.

Here is the link if anyone remembers the app.

http://bit.ly/30NiQPq

Appreciate the support. Hoping to get some good feedback form here as id like to spend a lot of time adding new features.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2515 on: May 27, 2019, 12:41:51 PM »
The Redmi K20 Pro is the new flagship killer coming out from Xaiomi. My next phone 100%. Just hope it has a global version.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, 6GB Ram, 6.39in AMOLED display, 4000mah battery, NFC, headphone jack, 64/128 storage with exandable memory, pop-up selfie camera.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline medley

• Looks like Katie Holmes. Doesn't like the rain cause it ruins his styled hair
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Garrincha
« Reply #2516 on: May 27, 2019, 02:35:44 PM »
The Redmi K20 Pro is the new flagship killer coming out from Xaiomi. My next phone 100%. Just hope it has a global version.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, 6GB Ram, 6.39in AMOLED display, 4000mah battery, NFC, headphone jack, 64/128 storage with exandable memory, pop-up selfie camera.

I'm looking at this as well. Currently got the Xiaomi Note 5. Hoping for a good deal off the 3rd party market stores
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Swing Low...
  • Believer
« Reply #2517 on: May 28, 2019, 12:38:44 AM »
Broke the screen on my honor 8x last week so might give it to the aul lad and get the k20/k20 pro. By the sounds of things the only difference between them is the k20 uses the sd730 instead of the sd855. I don’t game on phones so not sure I’d notice the difference.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked.
  • Believer
  • Insert something awesome here!
    • Yorkandbeyond
« Reply #2518 on: June 12, 2019, 02:01:07 PM »
Ain't going right back through the thread but has anyone used Lucky Patcher?

https://www.luckypatchers.com/download/

Seems could be very useful for stopping ads etc

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Believer
« Reply #2519 on: June 12, 2019, 02:07:02 PM »
Right. After years with a Samsung S7 edge I am about to replace. I am not going to get myself tied to a contract and will buy another phone outright. I am not a technical wizard like some of you on here so need something that I understand quickly, has access to google play, takes really good pics and basically works the same as the samsung I am used to. Without buying another samsung until recently the Huawei Pro 20 looked a good choice but does that mean if I get one now that I won`t be able to use google play in the future ? The other option seems to be the One Plus 7 which seems to tick a lot of boxes but some reviews seem to suggest the camera isn`t up to the standard of the Pro 20.

So, if I go for a Huwaei is all this stuff in the news recently going to stop me using google play apps or access to them ? or should I go for the One Plus 7 anyway ?

All suggestions and advice welcomed !!
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019