Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 140995 times)

Offline jillc

• Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Cancer
« Reply #2360 on: April 13, 2019, 12:12:27 PM »
Just popping in to share my good news. I am now, officially, 2 years out from my diagnosis and clear !  :D My annual mammogram shows nothing untoward. So I suppose it's really great news!

I hope everyone who uses this thread and their loved ones are doing well.
Love to all. x  :)

That's wonderful news, pleased for you.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #2361 on: April 13, 2019, 08:10:59 PM »
Just popping in to share my good news. I am now, officially, 2 years out from my diagnosis and clear !  :D My annual mammogram shows nothing untoward. So I suppose it's really great news!

Brilliant news!

I just realized that this Thursday was the 3rd anniversary of me getting the all clear from the doc after my surgery for testicular cancer. I've been to 3 check ups and the last time the doc told me I was out of the woods and I should go home and live a normal life again. :)

Offline jillc

• Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
« Reply #2362 on: April 14, 2019, 09:54:05 AM »
Brilliant news!

I just realized that this Thursday was the 3rd anniversary of me getting the all clear from the doc after my surgery for testicular cancer. I've been to 3 check ups and the last time the doc told me I was out of the woods and I should go home and live a normal life again. :)

More good news, well done mate. It's so good to hear about the success stories, as sometimes its easy to forget there are plenty out there who have managed to win the fight against Cancer. I hope others can use these cases as a bit of inspiration, should they face the same dark days.

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2363 on: April 15, 2019, 08:27:23 AM »
More good news, well done mate. It's so good to hear about the success stories, as sometimes its easy to forget there are plenty out there who have managed to win the fight against Cancer. I hope others can use these cases as a bit of inspiration, should they face the same dark days.

Thank you. I fully agree! :wave

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #2364 on: April 16, 2019, 03:49:06 PM »
Great news!
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Believer
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #2365 on: April 16, 2019, 06:30:05 PM »
Just come back from Clatterbridge this afternoon with my 50 year old son there for his 6 monthly check after him undergoing his final Pappillon session some months back (for cancer of the rectum). What a fabulous bloody place that is and doing some  truly ground-breaking stuff!! Apart from a small niggly ulcer which gives him a little pain from time to time but is manageable with routine paracetamol and which he WAS told could happen in abut 40% of patients on radio-therapy treatment, all appears to be perfectly normal. They'll see him again end of October. Onwards and upwards eh? :) :)
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2366 on: April 16, 2019, 11:47:39 PM »

That’s brilliant news IrishSu!

Stay positive, keep smiling and wishing you all the very best :)

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2367 on: April 16, 2019, 11:55:52 PM »
Brilliant news!

That’s fantastic news.

Wishing you all the very best for a happy and healthy future ahead :)

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Believer
« Reply #2368 on: April 18, 2019, 03:28:57 PM »

That’s brilliant news IrishSu!

Stay positive, keep smiling and wishing you all the very best :)

Celebrate and smile every day and all day long!!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2369 on: April 18, 2019, 05:29:33 PM »
Celebrate and smile every day and all day long!!

Absolutely JohnnoWhite!

So pleased for your son and for all the family following the fantastic outcome of his last check up. Definitely onwards and upwards!

Every small positive step forward leads to an amazing result :)

Offline IrishSu

• percalifragilisticexpialidocious. I am WOman, Hear me RAWK!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Like an Irish Stew, just not as lumpy
« Reply #2370 on: April 18, 2019, 08:10:01 PM »
Brilliant news!

I was thinking of you when I wrote that. I remember last year you saying you were 2 years out when I was one. Long may it continue. :D Like you my consultant believes I had cancer in 2017 and in years to come it will be a distant dream. I am on daily medication but the side effects are minimal. Small price to pay  ;) My check ups have now been reduced from every 3 months to every 6. Little acorns and all that.

Great news Johno. Delighted for you, your son and all the family.

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes.
JFT96 YNWA

Offline Gaz123456

• Believer
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Mortgage Advisers
« Reply #2371 on: April 18, 2019, 11:24:11 PM »
I have just heard from a friend (who's in his 60's) that his youngest son has been diagnosed with a tumour in his spine which has now spread. They are stopping treatment as there's nothing they can do.  He's 35 and married with two lovely young children. Don't know what to say to him apart from that I'm there if he needs to talk. Feel so empty though - God knows what my friend is thinking.

You shouldn't be burying your children.

Vile disease.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Believer
« Reply #2372 on: April 19, 2019, 06:49:08 PM »
Heartbreaking - good that he's got a friend to turn to in you mate.

One day we'll beat this bastard thief of a disease.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Believer
« Reply #2373 on: April 19, 2019, 06:51:11 PM »

Absolutely JohnnoWhite!

So pleased for your son and for all the family following the fantastic outcome of his last check up. Definitely onwards and upwards!

Every small positive step forward leads to an amazing result :)

Much appreciated mate. The fight continues . .

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2374 on: April 20, 2019, 05:35:26 PM »
I was thinking of you when I wrote that. I remember last year you saying you were 2 years out when I was one. Long may it continue. :D Like you my consultant believes I had cancer in 2017 and in years to come it will be a distant dream. I am on daily medication but the side effects are minimal. Small price to pay  ;) My check ups have now been reduced from every 3 months to every 6. Little acorns and all that.

A positive outlook gets you a very long way I believe. Thank you for your thoughts, Su. Fingers are deffo crossed here!! *Blow kiss* :wave

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2375 on: June 15, 2019, 11:56:55 PM »
my partner of about 5 years and mother of our two month year old girl has been verbally diagnosed with breast cancer after getting a lump examined, proper biopsy results come next monday and the indications were it hasn't spread to lymph nodes but i'm in shock this has happened to the person i care about and love the most, the difficulty in keeping her spirits up and seeing the fear in her eyes is heart breaking.

Offline IrishSu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2376 on: June 16, 2019, 10:27:54 AM »
Hi Luke, sorry to hear your news.

I was that soldier in March 2017. Like your partner I was diagnosed before the results of the biopsy and also told the lymph nodes were clear. Believe me when I tell you the key is to remain positive! I put all my trust in the doctors - they had to fix me, I was just a passenger on the journey.

Everyone’s cancer is different- although the diagnosis may be the same - so I won’t waffle about mine. But please take some comfort in knowing I had a lumpectomy, 4 weeks of rads and now take a tablet called tamoxifen- which I will be on for a total of 10 years - and I am officially 2 years out and clear!  The clear lymph nodes is a reason to be positive.

My journey transformed me as a person. I became more tolerant, more confident and more focused. Surround yourself with positive people. Cut all negativity out - even if that includes some family members. Stay strong.

If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to ask me - via pm if they’re very personal. I’m sending you much love and good wishes, you and your partner can do this!
JFT96 YNWA

Offline BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2377 on: June 16, 2019, 10:36:36 AM »
Sorry to hear that Luke, best of luck to you and the family.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #2378 on: June 16, 2019, 10:47:53 AM »
Fuck sake man that's just shit news.

Hopefully it's been caught early and not spread.  Best of luck to you all.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2379 on: June 16, 2019, 12:15:29 PM »
Shit Luke, so very sorry to hear this. Hopefully they've caught it early and the prognosis will be good. IrishSu's advice is better from experience than whatever nonsense I could add.

Sending all our love to you and your family ❤️
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Believer
« Reply #2380 on: June 16, 2019, 01:28:00 PM »
thanks for your kind words especially su for sharing your experience that is such a positive one, i'm hoping and praying that she has a recovery that helps her grow as a person like yours. she is much stronger than she realises and hopefully looking after our gorgeous little girl will be a good distraction for us while she goes through it.

Offline IrishSu

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2381 on: June 16, 2019, 03:27:03 PM »
My pleasure Luke. Will you please keep us posted with the biopsy results. I’ll be keeping everything crossed for you!
Love, Su x
JFT96 YNWA

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #2382 on: June 16, 2019, 04:43:56 PM »
Luke, sorry to hear that mate. There are some amazing women that have defeated it and she will also.

Be strong for and with her, we'll be thinking about you.

Offline Nitramdorf

• Believer
« Reply #2383 on: June 19, 2019, 07:44:50 PM »
I hope it's ok to post a link in here. I came across this little girl on Twitter. She is a little red and my heart melted. Her parents are looking for retweets to help get her to America for a better chance of life.
I believe she is in remission but has a high chance of relapse.

https://twitter.com/Caylasfight/status/1141408456903200768?s=19

It's amazing how many parents have to go through this in this country. This bastard of a disease never stops.

Best wishes to everyone in this thread.

Offline jillc

• Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
« Reply #2384 on: June 27, 2019, 09:20:36 PM »
Received some really sad news today, one of our work colleagues has just been diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer. She had just been for a biopsy but she was sure there was something not right and today it was confirmed. She's only 48 and is one of loveliest people I've met just hoping against hope that they have caught it early enough for her to stand a realistic chance. She is going for a MRI Scan next, which is when she will find out if its spread or not.  :(

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2385 on: July 20, 2019, 01:12:51 AM »
 Sending lots of love and strength to all those who are fighting xxx