Author Topic: Ask - RAWK replies  (Read 536000 times)

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
Re: Ask - RAWK replies
« Reply #14600 on: March 26, 2019, 10:14:24 AM »

Offline Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #14601 on: March 27, 2019, 10:55:50 AM »
When you leave a job and get your P45, is this given to you by the employer you just left, or HMRC?

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #14602 on: March 27, 2019, 10:57:13 AM »
When you leave a job and get your P45, is this given to you by the employer you just left, or HMRC?

Employer should provide you with a P45 (either at time of leaving or soon after).

Offline Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #14603 on: March 27, 2019, 11:00:23 AM »
Cheers Craig

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14604 on: April 13, 2019, 10:17:03 AM »
The black bracelet Klopp wears anyone know where you can find something similar?

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14605 on: April 13, 2019, 10:44:11 AM »
I'm having to do a CV for the first time in about 15 years. Can anyone recommend a good, hopefully free, website to help me with this? The more help the better ;D

I know this was a fortnight ago but I can help you if still needed. I am in recruitment so read 100s of CVs a week.  Let me know Brian

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14606 on: April 28, 2019, 06:29:00 PM »
My missus has to take our 2 year old on a flight alone and needs some kind of screen device with headphones to keep him occupied. We want something that we can download some stuff onto and that won't be broken if dropped.

Any ideas?
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14607 on: April 28, 2019, 06:30:43 PM »
Keeps flies out a treat.
My missus has to take our 2 year old on a flight alone and needs some kind of screen device with headphones to keep him occupied. We want something that we can download some stuff onto and that won't be broken if dropped.

Any ideas?
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline jason67

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14608 on: April 28, 2019, 06:35:48 PM »

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14609 on: April 28, 2019, 06:57:43 PM »

Any ideas?

Amazon Fire HD8 Kids version, kid proof case. Stick Netflix on (do the free month trial if you don't have it) , download some kids stuff? I believe you can also install Google play on it.

We've just paid £170 for a Samsung Galaxy A10, case and screen protector from Amazon for the 8 yr old, Lenovo tablets are good too, my eldest got one after his Nexus 7 died on him. They start at £60 in currys.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/lenovo-computing/tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/149_3402_32003_1700_xx/xx-criteria.html

Offline jason67

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14610 on: April 29, 2019, 06:35:40 AM »
Thanks Rob.

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline King.Keita

• Doesn't believe in YNWA, turns his stream off if Liverpool are losing. Can only support the club under his terms.
  • Believer
« Reply #14611 on: May 11, 2019, 11:33:15 PM »
So my wife was involved in an accident yesterday and she exchanged details with the guy who crashed into her. I got a courtesy car today but today he's turned round and said he wasn't insured, it was his daughter  :no where do I go from here?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14612 on: May 12, 2019, 08:29:28 AM »
So my wife was involved in an accident yesterday and she exchanged details with the guy who crashed into her. I got a courtesy car today but today he's turned round and said he wasn't insured, it was his daughter  :no where do I go from here?

Ring the Police first and report the accident, then speak to your insurance company. If the c*nt is genuinely uninsured, there is the MIB route.

https://www.mib.org.uk/making-a-claim/claiming-against-an-uninsured-driver/

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #14613 on: May 12, 2019, 09:14:25 AM »

Probably explain to him that heís in desperate shit and if he wants to pay for a private repair, then everyone wins. You donít lose any no claims and donít have to write youíve been in an accident for the next three years and he doesnít have to lose his license and possibly get a gigantic fine.

Offline King.Keita

• Doesn't believe in YNWA, turns his stream off if Liverpool are losing. Can only support the club under his terms.
  • Believer
« Reply #14614 on: May 12, 2019, 10:30:19 AM »
Ring the Police first and report the accident, then speak to your insurance company. If the c*nt is genuinely uninsured, there is the MIB route.

https://www.mib.org.uk/making-a-claim/claiming-against-an-uninsured-driver/
Will Police be interested? No-one called them at the time of the accident so not sure if they'll do anything. Will definitely try MIB, that's my only option now. Absolute dickhead though, first tells me that he's got fully comp insurance then turns around and does a complete u-turn, basically lying to us to get out of a situation

Probably explain to him that heís in desperate shit and if he wants to pay for a private repair, then everyone wins. You donít lose any no claims and donít have to write youíve been in an accident for the next three years and he doesnít have to lose his license and possibly get a gigantic fine.
I've already reported it my insurance company though. No idea what happens from here, would they not have rang the other guys insurance company to check if he was covered?

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #14615 on: May 12, 2019, 10:51:31 AM »
He was driving without insurance. The police will 100% be interested.

Online Eel Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #14616 on: May 12, 2019, 11:20:18 AM »
He was driving without insurance. The police will 100% be interested.

Not always  8)
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and thatís being very conservative. So thatís £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head thatís £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14617 on: May 12, 2019, 12:22:25 PM »
Will Police be interested? No-one called them at the time of the accident so not sure if they'll do anything. Will definitely try MIB, that's my only option now. Absolute dickhead though, first tells me that he's got fully comp insurance then turns around and does a complete u-turn, basically lying to us to get out of a situation
I've already reported it my insurance company though. No idea what happens from here, would they not have rang the other guys insurance company to check if he was covered?

They should be, he was driving without insurance. Your missus has obviously suffered some kind of injury in the accident, bit of whiplash or something, so they should be.

I know there is a central database that the Police can access to check if you are insured and I know when taking out insurance they state that insurances companies share data, so that sounds to me like they also have access to the database and can check.

Offline King.Keita

• Believer
« Reply #14618 on: May 12, 2019, 01:03:30 PM »
They should be, he was driving without insurance. Your missus has obviously suffered some kind of injury in the accident, bit of whiplash or something, so they should be.

I know there is a central database that the Police can access to check if you are insured and I know when taking out insurance they state that insurances companies share data, so that sounds to me like they also have access to the database and can check.
Yeah my relative initially advised me not to go Police in the hope that maybe we can sort this out privately but some other people ave also said go to the Police as this guy seems like he's pulling a fast one. His daughter even rang me yesterday asking me to change to story to the insurance company to say she was the one driving, imagine that!

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #14619 on: May 12, 2019, 01:06:13 PM »
Yeah my relative initially advised me not to go Police in the hope that maybe we can sort this out privately but some other people ave also said go to the Police as this guy seems like he's pulling a fast one. His daughter even rang me yesterday asking me to change to story to the insurance company to say she was the one driving, imagine that!

Wow. Yeah do not do that. Insurance fraud right there.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14620 on: May 12, 2019, 01:14:53 PM »

As Craig says, don't get involved in that one.

Offline King.Keita

• Believer
« Reply #14621 on: May 12, 2019, 01:17:21 PM »
Yeah they just struck me as dodgy people. Even when I arrived at the accident scene, they were cowering in the corner discussing something and when I went to talk to them, no eye contact.

Appreciate the helps lads :wave hoping for the best on this one

Offline King.Keita

• Believer
« Reply #14622 on: May 12, 2019, 03:09:12 PM »
So the Police have filed a report and will investigate him. But looks like I'm going to have to pay for the damages out of my own pocket since the c*nt wasn't insured.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #14623 on: May 12, 2019, 08:13:49 PM »
So the Police have filed a report and will investigate him. But looks like I'm going to have to pay for the damages out of my own pocket since the c*nt wasn't insured.

Be diligent and write down everything that happened at the time of the accident and afterwards. Log the calls and what was said and all the attempts to make you change your story. Itíll benefit you hugely later on. It was the difference between us winning and losing our recent claim, despite someone literally driving in to us.

Offline Jake

• Admiral Ackbar
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #14624 on: May 13, 2019, 11:33:11 PM »

WTF - you have your own insurance, no? Plus there's the fund for being hit by an uninsured.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #14625 on: May 14, 2019, 07:52:34 AM »
WTF - you have your own insurance, no? Plus there's the fund for being hit by an uninsured.

Itís still a claim sadly. We were hit by someone being totally reckless, entirely the fault of the other driver, but we now have to say weíve made a claim, my courtesy car was an 18mog supercar which caned fuel and this yearís premium skyrocketed. Iíd have been better off paying for the repair myself.

Offline Jake

• Admiral Ackbar
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #14626 on: May 14, 2019, 01:36:00 PM »
Oh aye it takes the piss that insurance goes up if you make a claim, it happened to my other half last year, but I thought that chap was saying he had to pay for his repairs himself.

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14627 on: May 14, 2019, 10:30:35 PM »
My Sky Sports channels have gone really stuttery recently to the point of being unwatchable. Other channels are fine, just the sport. Any ideas why? Or how I can fix it? Iíve turned off at the wall and restarted a couple of times and itís done the trick for a short while but then it returns. Ta!

Offline Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14628 on: May 14, 2019, 10:34:06 PM »
My Sky Sports channels have gone really stuttery recently to the point of being unwatchable. Other channels are fine, just the sport. Any ideas why? Or how I can fix it? Iíve turned off at the wall and restarted a couple of times and itís done the trick for a short while but then it returns. Ta!
Is there a tree or plant that is growing and partially blocking your dish?

Used to happen to mine before I moved, some channels had no problem, others were awful.  Could also be a misaligned dish of course.

Go into the setting and check the signal strength and quality.  I imagine one of these is the issue.
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Believer
« Reply #14629 on: May 14, 2019, 10:56:01 PM »
Is summer so what tepid said could be true, lots of overgrown branches now.

Check the signal strength, if no obstruction and weak signal itís the LNB on the dish. Can go at any time. And crap on the lnb can affect signal too

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14630 on: May 14, 2019, 11:00:21 PM »
Is there a tree or plant that is growing and partially blocking your dish?

Used to happen to mine before I moved, some channels had no problem, others were awful.  Could also be a misaligned dish of course.

Go into the setting and check the signal strength and quality.  I imagine one of these is the issue.

Cheers. Just done that and the signal strength is about a quarter of the full box.

No trees or plants out the back though where the dish is so donít think itís that.

Gamble - whatís the LNB? Cheers.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Believer
« Reply #14631 on: May 14, 2019, 11:09:27 PM »
The white knob receiver facing the metal dish, which has your black cable going into your house. Google ďlnb satelliteĒ

You can buy a replacement for about £10 off amazon or eBay. Are you any good up a ladder? Can screw it off. Sometimes the f connectors on the cable are a bit tough to get off due to weathering.

Failing that, find a satellite/tv aerial bloke to come over and swap it for you. Common part so they have them in stock.

Online BIG DICK NICK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14632 on: May 14, 2019, 11:16:03 PM »
The white knob receiver facing the metal dish

Nah, I canít get Babestation either unfortunately.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Believer
« Reply #14633 on: May 14, 2019, 11:21:32 PM »
Haha I was about to make a similar gag, i did look at the clock and sense a hint of desperation for a quick fix. Didnít know if babestation was still a thing.

Offline Jake

• Admiral Ackbar
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #14634 on: May 16, 2019, 06:36:50 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good accident solicitors? Was told about a firm by a relative but turns out they're a bit dodgy. Plus their fees seem extortionate.

My firm have a good PI dept. PM me

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14635 on: May 16, 2019, 06:41:02 PM »
Mal Kirwan used to have a good name amongst the biker groups as a personal injury solicitor. He died in 2011 but the company is still going.

https://www.kirwanssolicitors.co.uk/services-for-you/personal-injury/road-traffic-accidents/

Offline jason67

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14636 on: May 21, 2019, 07:02:08 PM »
Flying to the Uk and need to hire a car, landing in Stanstead but going back via Luton.

Has anyone got any recommendations for which company is any good? I take it that they all do the 'different drop off at airport' scheme?

Also will be needing a car seat for the 3 year old. Cheers

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #14637 on: May 21, 2019, 08:06:23 PM »
Flying to the Uk and need to hire a car, landing in Stanstead but going back via Luton.

Has anyone got any recommendations for which company is any good? I take it that they all do the 'different drop off at airport' scheme?

Also will be needing a car seat for the 3 year old. Cheers

I don't know about the car rental bit, but I would recommend taking your own car seat for the kiddo to use on the plane and then when you're in UK.

Offline jason67

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #14638 on: May 22, 2019, 04:57:10 AM »
I don't know about the car rental bit, but I would recommend taking your own car seat for the kiddo to use on the plane and then when you're in UK.

Car seat weighs a tonne, they wouldn't let it on the plane! Flight is only 2 and a half hours so he'll be ok.

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Main Stander
« Reply #14639 on: May 22, 2019, 10:32:47 PM »
Not sure where to put this so thought try here.

I purchased tickets for a Robbie Fowler meet and greet with Event with Legend at the start of May. The May 9th show got cancelled but I have the chance to meet him again next week in the same town.

The catch is he is doing the show with Ruddock and Merson. Fowler is my favourite of all time. I literally just wanted a pic with him.

I have emailed event with legend on numerous occasions about what the seating arrangement is going to be like. Will all 3 legends be together, or at separate tables. Separate is ideal because even if i get the pic with Merson and Ruddock I wouldn't be fussed as long as I get a pic with Robbie.

I am still to get a reply, and it is pissing me off. The event is next week, and I have the option of a refund, but don't know whether to take it or go to this event

I literally just want one with Robbie. Has anyone been to an event with legend event with multiple legends that could provide insight into how it's done?