Author Topic: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread  (Read 52607 times)

Online Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
Re: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread
« Reply #480 on: January 8, 2018, 10:47:31 PM »
Asking for a friend.

They're with Sky for TV/BB and Phone. They're on BB unlimited, but max line speed is 2mb, so I've told her to fuck it off.

She wants to go with BT and get their fibre. Having a look on the sky website, she doesn't actually need to contact Sky, just sign up with BT and they cancel with Sky.

Is this correct? And also do BT take over the phone aswell?

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #481 on: January 8, 2018, 10:55:44 PM »
Asking for a friend.

They're with Sky for TV/BB and Phone. They're on BB unlimited, but max line speed is 2mb, so I've told her to fuck it off.

She wants to go with BT and get their fibre. Having a look on the sky website, she doesn't actually need to contact Sky, just sign up with BT and they cancel with Sky.

Is this correct? And also do BT take over the phone aswell?
Just contact BT they'll do everything and yes they'll take the phone line too if that's what they want.

Online Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #482 on: January 8, 2018, 11:16:21 PM »
Just contact BT they'll do everything and yes they'll take the phone line too if that's what they want.

Super. Cheers

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Believer
« Reply #483 on: January 9, 2018, 07:41:16 AM »
I’d also suggest doing it online through either Quidco or Topcashback as there’s usually around £50 - £100 cashback for Broadband/Phone packages.

Offline Claire.

• The Don. Giving it up for Lents. Too bright for most RAWK users. Getting antsy.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #484 on: January 9, 2018, 10:07:34 AM »
If you can get BT fibre you can get Sky fibre, see if they'll do a deal first... less faff.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #485 on: January 9, 2018, 11:54:25 AM »
If you can get BT fibre you can get Sky fibre, see if they'll do a deal first... less faff.

Yep, realistically you aren't likely to get significant speed differences between BT and Sky on either ADSL or fibre, the big difference will be whether you are actually on Fibre or ADSL, see what Sky offer you for fibre pricing and you can use that to haggle elsewhere if you want.

Online Barneylfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #486 on: January 9, 2018, 01:07:46 PM »
I’d also suggest doing it online through either Quidco or Topcashback as there’s usually around £50 - £100 cashback for Broadband/Phone packages.

Yeah £80 cashback. One of the first things I checked  :D

Sky are looking £99 for the hub I believe. Didn't see any cost with BT apart from delivery. So saving £90 + the £80 cashback, and also a £100 pre paid card with BT means Sky can go fuck themselves  ;D

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Anyone here a Sky member and would like £50?
« Reply #487 on: January 14, 2018, 08:56:58 PM »
I'm going to signing up to Sky TV in the next few days. They have a referral scheme where both referrer and joiner get £50 (http://www.sky.com/shop/bundles-offers/introduceafriend/ ). As I don't know anyone else that has Sky TV, I thought this would be a good place to see if a fellow red would like to benefit?

PM if you are interested - I will then give you my email so that you can refer me. Cheers!
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
Re: Anyone here a Sky member and would like £50?
« Reply #488 on: January 14, 2018, 09:34:24 PM »
Done mate...  :wave
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: Anyone here a Sky member and would like £50?
« Reply #489 on: January 14, 2018, 10:45:26 PM »
Cheers bud - nice that we both get £50 :)
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline gerrard88

• Believer
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #490 on: January 15, 2018, 11:07:21 AM »
Just had another sky q box installed in another room in the house but my TV guide isn't showing anything. any ideas?
Allez Allez Allez

Offline ashleyrose-66

• Roman doesn't pay my wages anymore!!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • JUSTICE
    • Parson's Green FC
« Reply #491 on: January 15, 2018, 03:45:31 PM »
Just had another sky q box installed in another room in the house but my TV guide isn't showing anything. any ideas?

Just checking you have paired it with your main box and it is also linked to your wifi?

You can check this by going to Settings, and making sure both Connection to Sky Q Box and Network Settings both have the tick next to them!
PSN: ashleyrose-66

Offline gerrard88

• Believer
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #492 on: January 15, 2018, 03:47:19 PM »
Just checking you have paired it with your main box and it is also linked to your wifi?

You can check this by going to Settings, and making sure both Connection to Sky Q Box and Network Settings both have the tick next to them!

Yeah they are :(

-- Now fixed it due to a software update--
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:57:17 PM by gerrard88 »
Allez Allez Allez

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #493 on: March 9, 2018, 01:00:49 PM »
10 new vouchers for the full Sky package for £40 if anyone is interested.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Believer
« Reply #494 on: March 9, 2018, 02:22:36 PM »
New customers only? What constitutes full?

Ta!

Offline lfcrule6times

• Kopite
« Reply #495 on: March 9, 2018, 04:41:40 PM »

Defo interested please. How long are they valid for?

Ta.
★      ★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05     19

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #496 on: March 9, 2018, 09:17:30 PM »
Defo interested please. How long are they valid for?

Ta.

My vouchers expire April 1st mate if you're interested.

New customers only? What constitutes full?

Ta!

Yeah mate. Normally new customers but most have managed to get around it by registering in the name of someone else in the house.

You get sports, box sets, cinema, full entertainment package.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Kopite
« Reply #497 on: March 11, 2018, 06:52:43 PM »
My vouchers expire April 1st mate if you're interested.

Yeah mate. Normally new customers but most have managed to get around it by registering in the name of someone else in the house.

You get sports, box sets, cinema, full entertainment package.

Cheers mate. I'll be moving into a new place probably second weekend of April so looks like i'd just miss out on this. Do get these codes often?
★      ★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05     19

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #498 on: March 11, 2018, 07:47:19 PM »
Cheers mate. I'll be moving into a new place probably second weekend of April so looks like i'd just miss out on this. Do get these codes often?

Entirely up to you, but (assuming you know where your new place is) you can always book it in before the end of March and have it fitted at a later date I believe.

If not, the next discount codes come in August for the start of the footy season.

Offline Roy Cropper

• Believer
« Reply #499 on: April 24, 2018, 12:44:05 PM »
It’s that time of year again. Have given 30 days’ notice as they were not playing ball on the phone. Got 60% off last yr.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #500 on: June 4, 2018, 11:09:50 AM »
Got some more vouchers for £40 Sky all-in if anyone wants one. They expire in a a few weeks so it's a shame to waste them.

Online cdav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #501 on: June 7, 2018, 12:24:16 AM »
Got some more vouchers for £40 Sky all-in if anyone wants one. They expire in a a few weeks so it's a shame to waste them.

Hey mate, I'd be interested if they are still available?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #502 on: June 7, 2018, 05:04:47 PM »
So my Sky contract has expired but I still have offers on my account until Nov so can't sign up to a new deal ???

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #503 on: June 7, 2018, 05:34:47 PM »
So my Sky contract has expired but I still have offers on my account until Nov so can't sign up to a new deal ???

Use someone else's name in the house to sign up.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
« Reply #504 on: June 7, 2018, 05:49:53 PM »
Hey mate, I'd be interested if they are still available?

Fire us an email address over on PM and I'll sort one for you

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #505 on: June 7, 2018, 05:54:30 PM »
Use someone else's name in the house to sign up.
And its a months notice to cancel my "offers".

Offline Claire.

• The Don. Giving it up for Lents. Too bright for most RAWK users. Getting antsy.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #506 on: August 18, 2018, 06:26:14 PM »
Our contract is up soon, but we're also going to be upgrading the telly to a 4K one so looking at who's got the better content, sky or virgin.

I know you get BT in 4K on virgin, so CL, but there's only one channel so do they just show one game? are their PL games all on there? what about boxing?

On sky, it's through the red button and not a channel but is it all sports and movies, or only some?

anyone have any idea if Sky's 4K stuff is coming to virgin?

Googling this stuff have proven pretty fruitless, old articles and both of them don't really say much on their websites, particularly VM which makes me suspicious.

Online DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #507 on: August 18, 2018, 06:30:25 PM »
Can't answer your actual question, but if you like a movie or two an Apple 4k box is an excellent way to get content on the cheap(after the initial investment).

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #508 on: August 18, 2018, 07:47:43 PM »
This telly upgrade began because i wanted to get the PS4 Pro! I have an apple tv that I use veryyyy rarely, don't think I'll get away with that upgrade ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker.
  • Believer
« Reply #509 on: August 18, 2018, 07:52:49 PM »
Our contract is up soon, but we're also going to be upgrading the telly to a 4K one so looking at who's got the better content, sky or virgin.

I know you get BT in 4K on virgin, so CL, but there's only one channel so do they just show one game? are their PL games all on there? what about boxing?

On sky, it's through the red button and not a channel but is it all sports and movies, or only some?

anyone have any idea if Sky's 4K stuff is coming to virgin?

Googling this stuff have proven pretty fruitless, old articles and both of them don't really say much on their websites, particularly VM which makes me suspicious.

All of BTs 1st 8 fixtures are 4k.

Bottom of the page
http://sport.bt.com/football/premier-league-tv-fixtures-bt-sport-reveals-august-and-september-batch-for-201819-season-S11364281765579
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red Viper or RedViper87 please? Thanks x

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Formerly fordy87
« Reply #510 on: February 21, 2019, 12:32:13 PM »
My Sky Q contract is up next month and I want to cancel as the deal I'm on isn't very good and will go up by £30 a month once the contract ends.

Only problem is that I've checked with Virgin and they're not available in my area so I basically don't have any other options in terms of switching. It's bloody frustrating cos Virgin have some cracking deals on atm as well.

If anyone has any ideas on what I should do that would be great. Should I just threaten to cancel sky and hope they come up with a better deal?

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #511 on: February 21, 2019, 01:13:02 PM »
Can put it in someone else’s name in the house and get new customer deals.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Believer
« Reply #512 on: February 21, 2019, 01:41:39 PM »
I've nearly always paid less than any new customer offers with Sky, even if you factor in stuff like Quicdo etc, and there's no Virgin Media in my area either. I just tell them I can't justify the cost any more. I'm paying £45 a month for a package that's £70 as a new customer

Online Craig 🤔

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #513 on: February 21, 2019, 01:49:31 PM »
I've nearly always paid less than any new customer offers with Sky, even if you factor in stuff like Quicdo etc, and there's no Virgin Media in my area either. I just tell them I can't justify the cost any more. I'm paying £45 a month for a package that's £70 as a new customer

Ive tried this about 3 times and each time they’ve allowed me to cancel (which I’ve done) and not come back to me with deals anywhere near what you can get as a new customer.

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Formerly fordy87
« Reply #514 on: February 21, 2019, 01:53:32 PM »
Can put it in someone else’s name in the house and get new customer deals.

Yeah I guess, not got many great deals on even for new customers though

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Formerly fordy87
« Reply #515 on: February 21, 2019, 04:13:10 PM »
Well, after an hour on the phone to sky they eventually offered me the same TV package but with much better broadband for the same price as I'm paying now.

Took three different operators to get that offer though.  ;D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #516 on: February 22, 2019, 10:50:37 AM »
Ive tried this about 3 times and each time they’ve allowed me to cancel (which I’ve done) and not come back to me with deals anywhere near what you can get as a new customer.

You're obviously not very convincing! A tactic for getting the price down is to ask how much it'd be without films or whatever and they start actually seeing what they can do, after that I always mention that BT is free on Virgin and you get blah blah blah (+ whatever I asked them to see how much it'd be without) for whatever price Virgin's offer is and that includes much faster internet.

I don't have internet or phone with them so then I can take that price off and then see what they say.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:52:37 AM by Claire. »

Online Al 666

• Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #517 on: March 1, 2019, 11:32:02 AM »
My contract with Sky is up soon and just wondering if anyone knows of any deals at the moment.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #518 on: March 1, 2019, 12:43:54 PM »
My contract with Sky is up soon and just wondering if anyone knows of any deals at the moment.

I'm sort of in the same position myself, my contract has ended, albeit they have carried on my "deal" price so just not sure if I could do much better if I haggled again.

Currently on Sky Q package with the 2GB main box and one extra room for all TV excl Movies (no phone or BB) for £51 a month

Offline keano7

• Believer
  • Alonso follows it in!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"