Author Topic: Drink Better Beer - Belgian, German, Craft, Ales, Lagers all your hoppy goodness in one place  (Read 148747 times)

Offline stewy17

• Believer
  • 7 is the magic number
Thanks chaps.

Will check it out 👌🏻

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
I know one is Leffe but not tried this one before...

The one of the right,Tungri, is a local beer from a micro brewery. Vedett is from the same brewery as Duvel
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 07:19:36 PM by Pheeny »

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • OM Namah Shivaya !
I know one is Leffe but not tried this one before...

The one of the right,Tungri, is a local beer from a micro brewery. Vedett is from the same brewery as Duvel

I've always found the Duvel too heavy for the head the next day. 

Been drinking some local Prague stuff today but can't remember what it's called.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

He who expects freedom of speech should allow others to speak .  Me - Now.

He who sees twats really is a twat themselves - Me - Now .

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • Campaigns
  • Believer
  • An Indolent Sybarite
I've always found the Duvel too heavy for the head the next day. 

I never had you down as a  lightweight! ;)

I've always found quite the reverse for myself with Duvel, waking up feeling fine after having had a fair few (like about 8 ) the night before when in Amsterdam, though as with all beers (and spirits), I think we can all sometimes react to them differently at different times and for a multitude of varying reasons.

Maybe it's just the version you can get over there as I've only ever tended to drink it when I used to frequent Amsterdam and go in The Wildeman, which seems somewhat bonkers as that bar serves so many other superb beers if you ever get a chance to get over there.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  - Sagan
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. - Aldous Huxley
Law of Logical Argument   Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Believer in the Light Demons of Chunder-Upon-Tits - Corkboy
Very sad man with too much time on your hands - ghost1359

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • OM Namah Shivaya !
I never had you down as a  lightweight! ;)

I've always found quite the reverse for myself with Duvel, waking up feeling fine after having had a fair few (like about 8 ) the night before when in Amsterdam, though as with all beers (and spirits), I think we can all sometimes react to them differently at different times and for a multitude of varying reasons.

Maybe it's just the version you can get over there as I've only ever tended to drink it when I used to frequent Amsterdam and go in The Wildeman, which seems somewhat bonkers as that bar serves so many other superb beers if you ever get a chance to get over there.

I don't go over 5% if I can help it. The past  week since I've been away I've always said to them how strong is it or the weakest one you have. Was actually on the shandies in Munich for a bit . I even went on the espressos for a bit. You are deffo right though in saying it does effect us all differently .Different constitutions and all that . I can't go near wine these days which for someone who was really into his wine is a bit of a shift. Think I need to swerve it for a bit being honest .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

He who expects freedom of speech should allow others to speak .  Me - Now.

He who sees twats really is a twat themselves - Me - Now .

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Internet Philantropist Lvl 1
My favourite beer right now is a Swedish lager called Arboga. It's a little bit darker yellow than your average lager and it's packing quite a lot of taste. It's 5,6 %. There's also a dark lager one and that's bloody marvellous too.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 03:22:37 PM by Groundskeeper Willie »
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
My favourite beer right now is a Swedish lager called Arboga. It's a little bit darker yellow than your average lager and it's packing quite a lot of taste. It's 5,6 %. There's also a dark lager one and that's bloody marvellous too.

I love the fact that some Swedish words are very similar to Dutch/Flemish...

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Internet Philantropist Lvl 1
I love the fact that some Swedish words are very similar to Dutch/Flemish...

Quite a few. Same goes for German IMO.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Budweiser

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

bollocks