Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 754830 times)

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #3600 on: March 12, 2020, 10:05:29 am »
The silver lining from last night. Ox is back. Best player on the pitch. Best game for us since he came back from the knee injury. Pleased for him
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3601 on: March 12, 2020, 11:13:46 am »
The silver lining from last night. Ox is back. Best player on the pitch. Best game for us since he came back from the knee injury. Pleased for him
I don’t know if a player with such a bad injury making quite as successful return as him.

And it was a very very very serious injury.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3602 on: March 12, 2020, 11:16:16 am »
Yeah he was superb last night, probably (in hindsight) shouldn't have come back. He's been very hit and miss since his return from injury as you'd probably expect, but I think he's one of a kind in our squad in terms of what he brings, and if he can his consistency back and I can see a starting run for him until the end of the season.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3603 on: March 12, 2020, 03:15:54 pm »
He seems to relish the big games, and is harder upon himself then most players if he fluffs an opportunity. Think he was gassed so it was right to take him off when it happened.

Great to see him coming into form; shame that the season is almost meaningfully over. But hopefully he can bring this supercharged Ox to the remaining league games and smash the title challenge.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3604 on: March 12, 2020, 05:54:59 pm »
Absolute monster performance yesterday, let everything on the pitch.

Amazing he's back to level after that injury, he'll be even better next season after this full season back playing.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3605 on: March 12, 2020, 06:51:29 pm »
Just needs consistency.

I think he has it already. When played in Midfield he's fantastic, abit hit and miss when filling in for Salah or Mane but that's expected. He has completely different skill sets to them.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #3606 on: March 12, 2020, 07:01:25 pm »
Was actually surprised that he came off when he did. Maybe he was just very tired but it felt like a really defensive change and he was playing very well.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3607 on: March 12, 2020, 07:04:04 pm »
Was actually surprised that he came off when he did. Maybe he was just very tired but it felt like a really defensive change and he was playing very well.
We needed fresh legs.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3608 on: March 12, 2020, 07:06:51 pm »

I think towards the end of games, his positional discipline drops as he tires so Klopp looks to bring fresh legs on.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3609 on: March 12, 2020, 07:06:57 pm »

He looked exhausted after one of his many sprints towards the end. And I felt that it became obvious after that he had little left. Sure he’d still would have performed.

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #3610 on: March 12, 2020, 07:09:43 pm »
Next season, we're going to get this version of Ox on a more regular basis. Exciting.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3611 on: March 12, 2020, 07:31:22 pm »
He looked exhausted after one of his many sprints towards the end. And I felt that it became obvious after that he had little left. Sure he’d still would have performed.

Yeah, the camera zoomed in on him and he looked gassed. Really gave his all, brilliant performance, so great to see it after that horrible injury.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3612 on: March 12, 2020, 07:34:49 pm »
Outstanding game. Would argue his best game since joining. His movements and link up play especially with mo was so exciting to watch. Everytime he surged forward thought he might create something. Should keep his place for the derby.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #3613 on: March 12, 2020, 07:35:25 pm »
His best performance since his last injury. His form is returning and that is great to see.
#JFT97

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3614 on: March 12, 2020, 07:41:00 pm »
Great to see him getting back to his best. Worked very well in that midfield and offers a lot going forwards

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #3615 on: March 12, 2020, 07:45:01 pm »
What a come back story. Loved his performance last night. Inspiration to us all.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3616 on: March 12, 2020, 08:27:11 pm »
Genuinely a magnificent performance yesterday. Left many of their players for dead on occasion. I'm so pleased for him, and hopefully his confidence is restored along with his fitness.

Of course we could have done with him for the last period, but he was obviously tiring fast. Proud of the lad.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3617 on: March 12, 2020, 08:54:14 pm »
We need to show him real love. He's so hard on himself when he makes a mistake or misses a chance. Need to show him how much it's appreciated.

God, I hope once this title is bagged we can start singing and cheering and supporting like old again. Need all this tension and worry and squirming out of our system. The support last night was somewhat half-hearted at times. Songs fizzling out etc.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3618 on: March 13, 2020, 07:30:36 am »
Does anyone think he's one of England's best players at the moment? I can't think of anyone better. He was an absolute bargain!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3619 on: March 13, 2020, 08:55:28 am »
Very good display from him. Exactly what we needed from him in midfield and the key to facing teams like Atletico.

Who was he talking to when the camera caught him saying " What for? What for? Fuck off"  ;D
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3620 on: March 13, 2020, 10:58:35 am »
Very good display from him. Exactly what we needed from him in midfield and the key to facing teams like Atletico.

Who was he talking to when the camera caught him saying " What for? What for? Fuck off"  ;D
He made a pass to noone ( think he was looking for Mo? )I would assume Henderson might have given him a word. Twas funny.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3621 on: March 13, 2020, 11:03:34 am »
His best performance to date. Authoritative, direct and popped up in dangerous places.

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #3622 on: March 13, 2020, 04:46:11 pm »
He made a pass to noone ( think he was looking for Mo? )I would assume Henderson might have given him a word. Twas funny.

I think it was when he tried a shot after a bit of hesitation. He did have options to play others in but it would have needed audacious skills and passing to execute. Personally I lip read it as "it wasn't on, it wasn't on, oh go away".

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3623 on: March 13, 2020, 05:10:28 pm »
It wasn't Mo, and yes he was frustrated. Even more so when his curler failed to go in. He wears his heart on his sleeve and is very hard on himself. Impressive player and person.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #3624 on: March 13, 2020, 05:21:18 pm »
Yeah I was curious about that too.
I assume it was to one of the officials as I couldn't think he'd be bad-mouthing a team-mate.
But, then again, in the heat of the moment, passion etc.

Still like to think he was telling the ref or one of the oppo players to do one!  ;D

Offline GunnerParker

• Main Stander
  • Invincibles
« Reply #3625 on: March 13, 2020, 07:56:46 pm »
His only issue is injuries. But he's become so much better since joining you guys. Never looked a midfielder for us

Offline Si senor

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3626 on: March 14, 2020, 08:45:51 am »
I thought he played brilliant against atletico, hopefully he can stay injury free as he can become a brilliant player for us.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3627 on: March 15, 2020, 10:32:16 am »
Love the player, love the guy.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3628 on: March 15, 2020, 03:02:11 pm »
Love his dancing
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3629 on: March 15, 2020, 08:50:32 pm »
He's got a great personality. I sincerely hope he can reach this level again when football starts.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3630 on: March 15, 2020, 09:24:17 pm »
Love his dancing

I was clenching hard. Going up those stairs wearing socks on that smooth floor, was half expecting a freak injury ;D

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3631 on: March 15, 2020, 10:43:45 pm »
Posting those videos really did him no favours. A few poor performance and people will be coming down hard on him.

After his football days are over, he could be a YouTube but he should stay out of social media limelight for the time being..

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #3632 on: March 15, 2020, 11:21:12 pm »
Posting those videos really did him no favours. A few poor performance and people will be coming down hard on him.

After his football days are over, he could be a YouTube but he should stay out of social media limelight for the time being..
Nonsense, they’re excellent.  Give it a go yourself, I was up and down our stairs like that all afternoon* after I’d worked it out, it’s great fun.

* for about 45 seconds, it’s murder on the thighs

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3633 on: March 15, 2020, 11:46:56 pm »

That's a joke right? It's hardly offensive stuff.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3634 on: March 16, 2020, 12:47:48 am »

Bet you're fun at parties lad [emoji849]

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3635 on: March 16, 2020, 12:51:12 am »
^^ OX is a sound lad

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3636 on: March 16, 2020, 03:13:21 am »

Jesus christ

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3637 on: March 16, 2020, 03:18:11 am »
Loved the video of him and his Mrs dancing up the steps, actually cheered me up today.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3638 on: March 16, 2020, 11:18:27 am »
Loved the video of him and his Mrs dancing up the steps, actually cheered me up today.

yes we played it on loop for a minute. it was pretty funny.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3639 on: March 16, 2020, 11:26:18 am »
yes we played it on loop for a minute. it was pretty funny.

The little skip he does as he turns at the top of the stairs makes me giggle (I’m easily amused).