Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 758339 times)

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #3480 on: January 22, 2020, 06:46:30 pm »
Also, Klopp made that point that while players would like to continue on, the coaching staff makes an independent assessment of the players in game tiredness....perhaps hinting that Ox was not there yet for a full 90 minute game (especially high intensity and result not settled like Man U)

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3481 on: January 22, 2020, 06:50:29 pm »
Also, Klopp made that point that while players would like to continue on, the coaching staff makes an independent assessment of the players in game tiredness....perhaps hinting that Ox was not there yet for a full 90 minute game (especially high intensity and result not settled like Man U)

The way our medical team manage the players is light years ahead of where we were pre Klopp. That, and all the performance enhancing drugs they pump them with obviously!

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3482 on: January 22, 2020, 07:34:51 pm »
I wasnt a fan of the petulance he shown when being subbed.
 Disrespectful to his team mates replacing him, and the management who stuck by him through poor form and injury.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3483 on: January 22, 2020, 07:54:26 pm »
 Disrespectful to his team mates replacing him, and the management who stuck by him through poor form and injury.

He was frustrated with his injury

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3484 on: January 22, 2020, 07:56:09 pm »
Don’t think it was petulant. Wasn’t like he ignored Klopp, he acknowledged Klopp. I read it as He just hit the seat in frustration due to wanting to Be able to do more, help his team mates more. He and Klopp have spoken there’s no issue.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #3485 on: January 22, 2020, 08:05:45 pm »
Don’t think it was petulant. Wasn’t like he ignored Klopp, he acknowledged Klopp. I read it as He just hit the seat in frustration due to wanting to Be able to do more, help his team mates more. He and Klopp have spoken there’s no issue.

Agreed - It was absolutely anger at himself and the performance. (and he wasn't that bad either) He wants to do better. And with his injury history, he above all understands the prudence of 60 minutes per game.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3486 on: January 23, 2020, 08:40:54 am »
I actually thought he had a very good game, and during the mad last 15 of the first half where the game was was pretty wild and fast he was everywhere, and a big physical presence that you don’t usually expect from him. We were worse when he came off, our midfield dropped its intensity.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3487 on: January 23, 2020, 08:53:12 am »

Give over.

Petulance would have been throwing shit about or not acknowledging the manager or team mates when he came off - he didn’t do that. He was just showing some frustration, which you know what is a pretty human thing to do.

If you want our players to show passion for the club, which is needed to run through brick walls as Klopp demands, then you can’t then expect them to wipe out emotions like frustration.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #3488 on: January 23, 2020, 09:54:56 am »

Really, I'm the opposite. It showed he cares and that he wasn't happy with his own performance, shows the drive and determination to be at such a high level. If he'd have ignored Klopp or kicked a water bottle then fair enough. No player should be happy at coming off.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3489 on: January 23, 2020, 10:02:49 am »
One of my favourite players at the club simply due to his attitude. The way he spoke up for Phil when that twat Shreeves was trying to get answers out of him and the way he's carried himself throughout his time with us, coming back from serious injury and helping us lift #6 and possibly #19. Got no issues with him showing frustration, everyone knows what kind of character he has.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3490 on: January 23, 2020, 07:08:56 pm »
Give over.

Petulance would have been throwing shit about or not acknowledging the manager or team mates when he came off - he didn’t do that. He was just showing some frustration, which you know what is a pretty human thing to do.

If you want our players to show passion for the club, which is needed to run through brick walls as Klopp demands, then you can’t then expect them to wipe out emotions like frustration.
This. It might have been because he got a knock or simply klopp didnt want to push him after being out so long. Whatever the reason for that little out burst it wasnt aimed at klopp. Besides I want our players to be angry it serves as good motivation for next time they play. Look what anger did for gini against barca.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #3491 on: January 29, 2020, 09:55:44 pm »
Glad he scored for a timely boost to his confidence. Grew into the game after that.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3492 on: January 29, 2020, 09:58:55 pm »
Ropey first half but looked better after the goal and the game opening up.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3493 on: January 29, 2020, 10:00:44 pm »
6 goals this season. Insane given the injury he's had

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3494 on: January 29, 2020, 10:01:32 pm »
I know he was getting a bit of grief on the half time thread but the Ox will be fine, took the goal so well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #3495 on: January 29, 2020, 10:03:02 pm »
I know he was getting a bit of grief on the half time thread but the Ox will be fine, took the goal so well.
Yep. One thing no one can argue about - he knows how to finish

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3496 on: January 29, 2020, 10:03:15 pm »
Goal will do him good. He was getting annoyed with himself the last few games.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3497 on: January 29, 2020, 10:18:40 pm »

Judging by his post-match interview, he was giving himself grief at half-time. He knew his performance wasn't up to the level expected of him but he came out fighting in the second half.

It was a superb goal. The way he timed his run perfectly to latch onto that lovely pass from Mo, one touch to push it past Lanzini while brushing him aside, then coolly slotting it past Fabianski. Really pleased for him.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3498 on: January 29, 2020, 10:19:55 pm »
Really pleased to see him get the goal. Always gives us that extra possibility around the edge of the box and with those bursting runs.

We still need to show a bit of patience with him. I know he’s been back a while now and on the whole has been fit most of the season, but what he’s come back from was horrendous. Not everything he’s trying is coming off and perhaps he’s trying too hard at times but Half time shouts that he shouldn’t be in the team now (a very rusty) Fabinho and Keita are fit are unfair and way off.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3499 on: January 29, 2020, 10:24:37 pm »
Judging by his post-match interview, he was giving himself grief at half-time. He knew his performance wasn't up to the level expected of him but he came out fighting in the second half.

It was a superb goal. The way he timed his run perfectly to latch onto that lovely pass from Mo, one touch to push it past Lanzini while brushing him aside, then coolly slotting it past Fabianski. Really pleased for him.

Don't know how he kept his balance running at the pace he was and with the ball after being challenged by Lanzini. I reckon a lot of other players would have lost control or fallen over. Nice finish too. Great stuff.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #3500 on: January 29, 2020, 10:30:05 pm »
Don't know how he kept his balance running at the pace he was and with the ball after being challenged by Lanzini. I reckon a lot of other players would have lost control or fallen over. Nice finish too. Great stuff.

Mo's pass was such a fine pass, that when I first saw it, I though, "oh, shit! He's given the ball away again!"  ;D

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3501 on: January 29, 2020, 10:41:17 pm »
Mo's pass was such a fine pass, that when I first saw it, I though, "oh, shit! He's given the ball away again!"  ;D

ha ha, it did look tight from one angle but was well out of reach of Lanzini. Was a fine goal.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3502 on: January 30, 2020, 08:40:55 am »
He really needed that goal... pleased for him.

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #3503 on: January 30, 2020, 09:59:28 am »
Great he got the goal last night. He seems to be cutting a frustrated figure at the moment and I’m not sure why? He’s looked good recently imho and seems that Klopp is protecting him by bringing him off
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3504 on: January 30, 2020, 10:26:18 am »
Great he got the goal last night. He seems to be cutting a frustrated figure at the moment and I’m not sure why? He’s looked good recently imho and seems that Klopp is protecting him by bringing him off

He gave a great interview on NBC after the game - candid, mature, intelligent and perceptive. Worth checking out if you can find it. His frustration is simply because he knows he can do better. But he also knows exactly what he needs to do to improve, and I think that showed in the second half last night.

He also pretty much admitted that the team know the league is sewn up, but said it in a clever not-really-saying-it way.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #3505 on: January 30, 2020, 10:52:10 am »
Didn't catch the game but I fucking love Chambo.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3506 on: February 1, 2020, 05:11:34 pm »
fuck me he can half hit them.. that's 2 goals in a week.  He's back!

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3507 on: February 1, 2020, 05:15:04 pm »
thought he had a quiet game then come up with a blockbuster goal that tipped the game in our favour massively.

somehow the feeling once we scored took the sails out of the saints ship.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3508 on: February 1, 2020, 05:19:16 pm »
Didn’t have the best first half no doubt, but I just don’t get the lack of patience with Ox given what he’s coming back from.

For the second game in row after multiple calls for him to be replaced at half time he quickly bags an important second half goal.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3509 on: February 1, 2020, 05:36:40 pm »
7 goals is an insane return given how much hes played

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3510 on: February 1, 2020, 05:37:51 pm »
7 goals is an insane return given how much hes played

7 goals in his last 14 appearances.  Not bad at all.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3511 on: February 1, 2020, 05:51:28 pm »
His ability to take a mean long range shot is a real asset in this team. I feel like it catches out teams more often than not. To be fair, he doesn't half hit them either. Great goal!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3512 on: February 1, 2020, 05:54:29 pm »
This is what we missed badly when a game is tight or we not playing well him just being able to strike a ball into the the net from range.

Such a good player.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #3513 on: February 1, 2020, 05:59:14 pm »
Great performance today. He did what I expect from a Liverpool player. Go, go, go , win the game , go, go. Two weeks rest will hopefully stop him getting one of his niggles.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #3514 on: February 1, 2020, 11:14:50 pm »
Thought he had one of his best outings in that less-favoured left attacking mid spot. Covered well, a few choice runs and of course the opening goal to cap it off.

Offline BeepBeepImAJeep

• Smokes his hy-dro on the d-low. Drives to the beach. Top down, loud sounds, sees his peeps.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #3515 on: February 2, 2020, 12:08:23 am »
Going to be very interesting to see whether it's him or Fabinho (assuming Henderson and Wijnaldum are immovable for the moment, based on Klopp's history) for the Atletico games. Will be very harsh on whoever doesn't start.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3516 on: February 2, 2020, 12:51:38 am »
A remarkable player, and unusual in so many ways. Looks more like a rugby player than a footballer, always looks battle scarred and case hardened, but talks like a toff - considered, courteous and super-articulate. Loves to drive forward with the ball; hits a straight and true longshot; fearless despite a recent injury history which would leave lesser players nervous of engagement. Seems to have been around for ever and yet still fairly young. More openly and demonstrably self-critical than most superstar players, but super-supportive of his team mates.

A gem of a player; if he could command a regular midfield berth he could become a great. You feel there's so much more to come from him, as if he's still not quite fully formed: a fledgling eaglet just trying out its wings and its claws before it begins to soar
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3517 on: February 2, 2020, 01:09:39 am »
A remarkable player, and unusual in so many ways. Looks more like a rugby player than a footballer, always looks battle scarred and case hardened, but talks like a toff - considered, courteous and super-articulate. Loves to drive forward with the ball; hits a straight and true longshot; fearless despite a recent injury history which would leave lesser players nervous of engagement. Seems to have been around for ever and yet still fairly young. More openly and demonstrably self-critical than most superstar players, but super-supportive of his team mates.

A gem of a player; if he could command a regular midfield berth he could become a great. You feel there's so much more to come from him, as if he's still not quite fully formed: a fledgling eaglet just trying out its wings and its claws before it begins to soar

He's an amateur.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online gravey101

• Main Stander
« Reply #3518 on: February 2, 2020, 03:54:43 am »
Both today and the West Ham goal he just brushes off the opposing player

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3519 on: February 2, 2020, 04:28:02 am »
7 goals this season - 3 in the PL, 3 in the CL, 1 in the League Cup - in 1,471 minutes played.

That, for a midfield player, is a really great stat! If he can stay injury-free for the rest of the season, he'll get close to 12 goals which would be tremendous considering him not playing regularly and coming back from a massive injury.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.