Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1515073 times)

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #8840 on: August 17, 2019, 11:26:55 pm »
This was hiding on page 5

And we’re back..
Decent today
Thought we were a little quiet first half and should have been more in unbearable mode than we were
Late goal made the half time concourse buzzy and that spread into the second half
Bring on yer Internazionale was massive and that led to the best We are the Champions Champions o Europe of the match
Funny scene in the second half when a red got bundled out of the Southampton end by stewards and the  bizzies and after he’d gone some Southampton ted stood up and fronted him out ..or where he had been 10 seconds before all half price hooligan pose and the bizzie in front of him just went fuck it, you idiot and bundled him out too😀
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 11:33:48 pm by monkeyharris »
+6 ticket exchange

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8841 on: August 19, 2019, 09:31:27 am »
Decent enough away minus the weird Scottish guys sat next to me parody-ing our various songs instead of actually just singing them.

Bumped into a few people I'd not seen since Barcelona away and Madrid which was nice.
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8842 on: August 19, 2019, 09:33:15 am »
Funny scene in the second half when a red got bundled out of the Southampton end by stewards and the  bizzies and after he’d gone some Southampton ted stood up and fronted him out ..or where he had been 10 seconds before all half price hooligan pose and the bizzie in front of him just went fuck it, you idiot and bundled him out too😀

hahhah yeah, was funny that. I've been Southampton maybe like six times now and nearly every time there's been a couple of our fans bundled out in the same location. I'd been waiting for it!

Looked like some of their own fans in that area started fighting too?
YNWA.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8843 on: August 19, 2019, 09:54:35 am »
From memory, a Celtic fan was killed that night whilst trying to run across 4 lanes of traffic at the end of Scottie Road, outside the University.

I think the problem with Celtic being all around the ground was that, in those days, we didn’t sell out home UEFA Cup games which is why Celtic ended up with loads of tickets.

We definitely sold out that game. Can remember them being like rocking horse shit.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8844 on: September 1, 2019, 01:29:39 pm »
Thought it was great all game yesterday, we managed to shut their stupid fucking drum up after a while. Weird that at one point first half they sang "Your support is fucking shit" when we'd been singing non-stop but maybe they couldn't hear us over their stupid fucking drum.

Loved in the second half that after each attack or effort they had, we sang dead loud "We are the champions, champions of Europe" - it had a real defiant, don't even bother trying to mess with this team, type of sound to it, was brilliant.

Bobby's song was ace as always too.

Oh yeah, and was nice for Adrian to get an Alisson-type chant at the end too. From the way he turned around to us a couple of times during the game he really seems to appreciate the fans.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2019, 01:35:04 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #8845 on: September 1, 2019, 02:30:55 pm »
Thought it was great all game yesterday, we managed to shut their stupid fucking drum up after a while. Weird that at one point first half they sang "Your support is fucking shit" when we'd been singing non-stop but maybe they couldn't hear us over their stupid fucking drum.

Loved in the second half that after each attack or effort they had, we sang dead loud "We are the champions, champions of Europe" - it had a real defiant, don't even bother trying to mess with this team, type of sound to it, was brilliant.

Oh yeah, and was nice for Adrian to get an Alisson-type chant at the end too. From the way he turned around to us a couple of times during the game he really seems to appreciate the fans.

Sounded great over the telly. Definitely heard a lot more of you then them. The Firmino song especially. Thought it was quite funny hearing them boo and whistle YNWA at the end as well. That was the most noise I heard from them all game.

The "Your support is fucking shit!! is a bit bizarre. Likewise with Arsenal last week. I think opposition fans are just running out of shit to sing.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8846 on: September 1, 2019, 03:53:58 pm »
Sounded great over the telly. Definitely heard a lot more of you then them. The Firmino song especially. Thought it was quite funny hearing them boo and whistle YNWA at the end as well. That was the most noise I heard from them all game.

The "Your support is fucking shit!! is a bit bizarre. Likewise with Arsenal last week. I think opposition fans are just running out of shit to sing.

Pretty sure it's sung to get a reaction so that are away fans can give them some new songs to sing, like Wolves last season who sung about our shit support then copied the songs we sung back.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8847 on: September 1, 2019, 03:59:39 pm »

Love that Champions of Europe chant, can never get enough of it.  :)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8848 on: September 1, 2019, 04:01:44 pm »
Love that Champions of Europe chant, can never get enough of it.  :)

It's great. I like how City have now decided this season to sing Champions of England - they'd clearly not thought of it till we started our Europe song this season and now they think they can compete with it. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8849 on: September 1, 2019, 04:04:20 pm »
It's great. I like how City have now decided this season to sing Champions of England - they'd clearly not thought of it till we started our Europe song this season and now they think they can compete with it. ;D

They are so obsessed by us.  :lmao

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #8850 on: September 1, 2019, 04:05:35 pm »

No wonder they voted Brexit in these places if they represent their football crowds. Some really ignorant morons about in this country.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8851 on: September 1, 2019, 06:15:50 pm »
...The "Your support is fucking shit!! is a bit bizarre. Likewise with Arsenal last week. I think opposition fans are just running out of shit to sing.
I think it's just a run of the mill staple in the lower league / smalltimers songbook. I think its sung regardless of what's going on in the stadium. Just another mindless drone sung by mindless drones.

The travelling Kop sounded good. It's great that we have a collection of really good songs about our own team, which is in stark contrast with most other clubs in England these days.

Burnley were dreadful. Stone age football with a stone age support.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8852 on: September 1, 2019, 06:34:26 pm »
One Burnley fan congratulated us as we walked back to the car afterwards. He apologised for them booing YNWA and didn't understand why they did it, but wished us luck for the season. Nice of him - but clearly he's old school and in a minority judging by most we saw/heard. ::)
We are a team of one half.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8853 on: September 1, 2019, 06:39:01 pm »
One Burnley fan congratulated us as we walked back to the car afterwards. He apologised for them booing YNWA and didn't understand why they did it, but wished us luck for the season. Nice of him - but clearly he's old school and in a minority judging by most we saw/heard. ::)

Good to know there is some decent ones there at least.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8854 on: September 1, 2019, 06:42:56 pm »
Good to know there is some decent ones there at least.
Older generation but v nice of him

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8855 on: September 1, 2019, 07:59:52 pm »
The “Champions of Europe” chant goes back to the ‘70s. I seem to recall that actually Leeds sang this before us. Possibly.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8856 on: September 1, 2019, 08:31:34 pm »
The “Champions of Europe” chant goes back to the ‘70s. I seem to recall that actually Leeds sang this before us. Possibly.
Oh we definitely did, I've got some old VHS ([emoji15]) tapes with games on with us clearly singing it. It's nice to hear it again.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2019, 09:41:54 pm by redgriffin73 »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8857 on: September 1, 2019, 08:33:12 pm »

Booing YNWA was just plain weird. Then again they booed when our physios ran on to treat players so I guess most of them are just a bit backward altogether.

Offline Oddbod

• Kopite
« Reply #8858 on: September 1, 2019, 08:33:45 pm »

They defo did

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8859 on: September 1, 2019, 09:31:48 pm »
I can't recall Leeds singing it personally. I do remember when they use to sing YNWA though.

It does beg the question of why Leeds would sing Champions of Europe when they've never been Champions of Europe?

*Scratches head*
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8860 on: September 1, 2019, 09:37:15 pm »
Nice to know they aren't all weird knuckleheads.

I once met a Burnley fan in Zakynthos and we had a couple of nights out with him and his girlfriend. Nice people. I'd much rather have a decent experience of opposition fans than a mud-slinging fest.

Same with a Palace fan on the same holiday. He spent lots of time with us and we'd go out for drinks with him. Had some good chat about the football too.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2019, 09:39:23 pm by Sons of pioneerS »

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8861 on: September 1, 2019, 11:12:30 pm »
I can't recall Leeds singing it personally. I do remember when they use to sing YNWA though.

It does beg the question of why Leeds would sing Champions of Europe when they've never been Champions of Europe?

*Scratches head*

Possibly when they got to the Final in ‘75.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8862 on: September 1, 2019, 11:45:49 pm »
Possibly when they got to the Final in ‘75.
I remember them getting to the final and losing. Did they sing it on their way to the final or, for some odd reason I can't figure, after it?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8863 on: September 2, 2019, 11:05:57 am »
I remember them getting to the final and losing. Did they sing it on their way to the final or, for some odd reason I can't figure, after it?

No, they sang it after as they thought they were robbed.
At 0-0 Beckenbauer handled the ball in the box, then he fouled someone in the box and nether were given as pens. He has said himself it should have been a pen. Leeds then scored but it was ruled out for offside even though the lino did not flag. Lormier said the ref gave the goal until Munich started complained and he changed his mind.

They believed they were robbed by a corrupt ref, so the fans claimed themselves as Champions of Europe.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #8864 on: September 2, 2019, 11:10:48 am »

Seeing as they have never been champions of Europe...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Oddbod

• Kopite
« Reply #8865 on: September 2, 2019, 12:00:06 pm »

*Scratches head*

It was cos they had a pen not given in final (v Bayern Munich? Could be wrong though) and they considered themselves Champions of Europe

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8866 on: September 2, 2019, 03:13:04 pm »
Thanks for the explanations, Craig and Oddbod. It makes sense now.

A bit like how I (in my own mind) have also declared us Champions of England as well as Europe simply because we were robbed of the title by a cheating, corrupt sportswashing oil state franchise.  8)

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #8867 on: September 2, 2019, 04:45:06 pm »
Leeds fans still sing it!  ;D
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #8868 on: September 2, 2019, 05:15:39 pm »
Leeds fans still sing it!  ;D

They were still wearing brown air-wear and white bakers the last time they came here
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Slacca

• Boys Pen
  • No Nay Never
« Reply #8869 on: September 3, 2019, 01:24:57 pm »

Think you might need to visit an ear doctor redgriff, Burnley don't have a drummer, never have had a drummer and more than likely never will have a drummer.

As for the booing of YNWA, its miscontrued if you think it's aimed at yourselves, it happens whenever any team sings their anthem at t'Turf,Leeds with MoT, City with Blue Moon etc, it used to be a call to arms and we'd boo and whistle and then launch in to a full rendition of No Nay Never, those days are gone now though and all we are left with is the boos and whistles, tragic really.

As for your away support, second to none as always, Reds all over the ground as usual, loud, passionate, good banter and thats just the ones i took in my car!

I must admit i did have to take a massive double take as the teams left the field, we stand in the Longside, very near to the tunnel, we always stay behind to clap the lads off and when they deserve it, the opposition too, i was really impressed with how many fans stayed to clap off Klopp and the rest of the Liverpool  bench, very unusual for so many Clarets to applaud the opposition, it was at that moment i realised at least 50% of the fans id been stood with were Reds.

Mo Salah giving his shirt to a little tot in the home end was also a nice touch, only other player to ever do that was Pogba,

'The socialism I believe in isn’t really politics. It is a way of living. It is humanity'.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8870 on: September 3, 2019, 02:19:14 pm »
Think you might need to visit an ear doctor redgriff, Burnley don't have a drummer, never have had a drummer and more than likely never will have a drummer.

As for the booing of YNWA, its miscontrued if you think it's aimed at yourselves, it happens whenever any team sings their anthem at t'Turf,Leeds with MoT, City with Blue Moon etc, it used to be a call to arms and we'd boo and whistle and then launch in to a full rendition of No Nay Never, those days are gone now though and all we are left with is the boos and whistles, tragic really.

As for your away support, second to none as always, Reds all over the ground as usual, loud, passionate, good banter and thats just the ones i took in my car!

I must admit i did have to take a massive double take as the teams left the field, we stand in the Longside, very near to the tunnel, we always stay behind to clap the lads off and when they deserve it, the opposition too, i was really impressed with how many fans stayed to clap off Klopp and the rest of the Liverpool  bench, very unusual for so many Clarets to applaud the opposition, it was at that moment i realised at least 50% of the fans id been stood with were Reds.

Mo Salah giving his shirt to a little tot in the home end was also a nice touch, only other player to ever do that was Pogba,

Ignore her, she has tinnitus.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8871 on: September 3, 2019, 04:04:40 pm »

Fair enough, I stand corrected, maybe it was people banging the metal side like we do on the Kop, deffo sounded drum-like from where we were.

I saw a video of Mo handing his shirt over at the end, nice touch from him.

Ignore her, she has tinnitus.

You'll have to speak up, young man, I can't hear a word you're mumbling. :wave

Online alecs goal

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8872 on: September 29, 2019, 05:19:23 pm »
nothing happening at aways these days? no posts from last three, like reading these they remind me of the old days when you could turn up and pay at the gate. I'm still waiting for my MK tickets from thomas cook.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8873 on: September 29, 2019, 06:34:31 pm »
Yesterday was one of the quietest away ends I’ve ever been in. I think the fact it feels like we have to win every game to win the league is making everyone a nervous wreck. If Mane had put away one of the first half chances it might have been different but apart from a few songs after the goal there wasn’t a lot happening.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #8874 on: September 29, 2019, 07:05:44 pm »
Yesterday was one of the quietest away ends I’ve ever been in. I think the fact it feels like we have to win every game to win the league is making everyone a nervous wreck. If Mane had put away one of the first half chances it might have been different but apart from a few songs after the goal there wasn’t a lot happening.
Naaah, playing shit and looking all over the place did that.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8875 on: September 29, 2019, 07:34:31 pm »
Yesterday was quiet but the early kick-off, being drenched on and us playing shite probably all contributed to that to varying degrees.

Nice old school stadium.
YNWA.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8876 on: September 29, 2019, 07:38:14 pm »
Given the number of people at MKD who don't usually go to aways (I assume from the selling criteria), I thought it would be much louder. There were SO many people around us who didn't even bother to clap let along sing! Not saying it was just "new people", it wasn't, but disappointing all the same. I know it wasn't our first team but the lads need a bit of support all the same.

Some of us tried. Yesterday too - several around us sang but as we were so spread out along the end maybe it didn't carry. (We were Block 3.)

I thought Chelsea was good though, usually is. About average for there - although there are always a lot who don't bother singing, or don't know the words ::) even more so at bigger London games IME

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #8877 on: September 29, 2019, 07:58:57 pm »
Given the number of people at MKD who don't usually go to aways (I assume from the selling criteria), I thought it would be much louder. There were SO many people around us who didn't even bother to clap let along sing! Not saying it was just "new people", it wasn't, but disappointing all the same. I know it wasn't our first team but the lads need a bit of support all the same.

Some of us tried. Yesterday too - several around us sang but as we were so spread out along the end maybe it didn't carry. (We were Block 3.)

I thought Chelsea was good though, usually is. About average for there - although there are always a lot who don't bother singing, or don't know the words ::) even more so at bigger London games IME

Wasn't too bad where we were at MK - Allez Allez Allez, Bobby's song and a few older songs all got an airing.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8878 on: September 29, 2019, 08:07:08 pm »
Maybe the Football authorities should encourage young vibrant fans.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8879 on: September 29, 2019, 08:26:24 pm »
Maybe the Football authorities should encourage young vibrant fans.
Not sure we have enough! :D
I don't care what age people are as long as they support the team!