Author Topic: Stelios Easyprofit on the case already...  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Barrettski

• No longer stuck to a goat or anything else with a beard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A teenage dream is so hard to beat
Stelios Easyprofit on the case already...
« on: March 20, 2002, 02:16:12 pm »
A return ticket to Madrid for any time near the away leg of the next round will now cost you more than £160...

And if we play Deportivo, you'll be needing a train ticket on top of that too...

And if we play Leverkusen... then someone has made some money somewhere...
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »
Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple - Bill Shankly.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
Re: Stelios Easyprofit on the case already...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2002, 02:38:36 pm »
Wherever we go, I'm gonna float there on my own little cloud of pure emotion!

Michael

Offline Old-Scallywag

• Legacy Fan
  • un hincha de Liverpool
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2002, 02:43:22 pm »
Hi Barrettski :wave:
The Madrid fare is about normal, I usually pay that much when we go to see the family. Could be wise to get on it though as the odds are we'll get a Spanish team. I'd also look at getting an internal flight to Coruna or Santiago de Compostela instead of the train. It'll take days to get there!

Mind you, you might be nearer than me to our next European Away (locationally speaking!)
Though I know I’ll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I’ll often stop and think about them

Offline Barrettski

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2002, 03:15:20 pm »
Hi you old-scallywag...

Cheers for that... I think a few people are quite willing to take a punt and get the ticket in early. Except the flights are now block booked completely. You can't get near them...

Still... my friends and yours "piss-up" and "brewery"... aka "Jim" and "I went to Cheltenham instead" are on the case with the travel cos. I think an immediate decision will required on Friday. By which time you'll have laid the groundwork, won a million brownie points and developed a business case for going... !!

So it looks like you'll be coming to Madrid? (if we play them / Deportivo).  You could always say it's a family trip and accidentally end up at the game?
Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple - Bill Shankly.

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2002, 03:32:04 pm »
It's a real bitch to get to Deportivo if we get them.  Just looked at the map and it's right over on the north-west coast.  Doesn't look anywhere near anything that might be on a cheapo flight deal.  I'm hunting round now for anything going to Bilbao just in case, which looks like the nearest big place.
Alternatively, anyone fancy chipping in for a charter jet?  And I'm serious...if there's enough people on here willing to go, we can get one.

I'd quite like Arsenal to get through, but I like the idea of getting Leverkusen as well...reckon we'd do them easy.
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2002, 04:11:59 pm »
Cheapest I can find is ryanair.com to bilbao for £158, but you'd have to go Tuesday and come back Thursday.  Not exactly cheap as chips, but probably OK.
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline Old-Scallywag

• Legacy Fan
  • un hincha de Liverpool
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2002, 04:14:17 pm »
Hi again Barrettski you coke drinking lightweight ;D
I know they are looking and are working on a solution for me that is less intrusive to family life!

You are right about the amount of sucking up to be done! I just hope I can get away with it.

Did anyone go to Celta Vigo independently as Coruna is in the same region (Galicia)? The only flights I have seen are from London to Santiago de Compostela and I'll wager they are expensive

Cheers
Though I know I’ll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I’ll often stop and think about them

Offline Barrettski

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2002, 04:24:47 pm »
Hi again Barrettski you coke drinking lightweight ;D

...yeah, could you make that a diet coke next time. That full fat stuff is a bit strong you know.  ;)

Sounds like the day trip option could be the way to go then, and it'll suit your international playboy duties as well  ;D

Bilbao over 3 days?... yikes, there goes my annual leave.

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2002, 04:59:59 pm »
Alternatively, anyone fancy chipping in for a charter jet?  And I'm serious...if there's enough people on here willing to go, we can get one.

What a boss idea. Id be well up for that! Direct from John Lennon airport to just outside the ground  ;D

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2002, 04:37:34 pm »
Don't be thinking I'm a travel tycoon, but how bloody hard can it be to get a plane? It's all a travel agent does, so if they can, so can we.  I'm trying to remember how many seats there are on your average benidorm jet - and I reckon about 200 definites on here would easily be enough.
If there's enough "aye's" on this thread I'll seriously look into it - and getting 4 or so coaches sorted in Spain.

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2002, 07:24:13 pm »
Before you all start getting carried away, remember for the quarters we can only draw Leverkusen (near Cologne, plenty of travel options there), Real Madrid and some other team.

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2002, 11:30:30 am »
Good point - plus, I've got a bloke at the local travel agent looking at it, and initial prices are around £40,000 for around 200 people.  The problem is that we'll be asking the plane to sit on the tarmac with it's crew while we go off on the piss for 24 hours.  He's trying to get a better price, but with the cost of coaches and all that at the other end, it looks a bit much.  It would be cheaper if we come straight back after the game, so I'll get a price on that too.