Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3437268 times)

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: "Green and Gold, it's O12e from Molde!" Mighty Conquerors of Rochdale!
« Reply #36680 on: October 18, 2019, 01:03:37 pm »
Ole presser is hilarious. Journos finally calling him out on his bullshit.

He was comparing Utd's injuries to when Klopp came in and how he had a lot of injuries too, but now he doesn't. What?
He looked absolutely shook and floundering like a drowning puppy.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 01:07:56 pm by kennedy81 »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36681 on: October 18, 2019, 01:09:28 pm »
Ole presser is hilarious. Journos finally calling him out on his bullshit.

He was comparing Utd's injuries to when Klopp came in and how he had a lot of injuries too, but now he doesn't. What?
He looked absolutely shook and floundering like a drowning puppy.

Yeah, because our injured players coming back is the reason why we are where we are...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #36682 on: October 18, 2019, 01:18:32 pm »
I can see Ole throwing De Gea and Martial into the game and both having to leave early due to injury/lack of match fitness
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36683 on: October 18, 2019, 01:23:38 pm »
Jürgen Klopp: "They (Manchester United) said that we are the perfect opponent. I don't think there are a lot of teams who would love to play us at the moment, it looks like Man United are the only team who does. We have to make sure that is a misunderstanding!"
bollocks

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #36684 on: October 18, 2019, 01:24:52 pm »
Jürgen Klopp: "They (Manchester United) said that we are the perfect opponent. I don't think there are a lot of teams who would love to play us at the moment, it looks like Man United are the only team who does. We have to make sure that is a misunderstanding!"
I love that man.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #36685 on: October 18, 2019, 01:27:50 pm »

Haha brilliant retort that.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36686 on: October 18, 2019, 01:35:30 pm »
Haha brilliant retort that.

It is.  :D

Although I can see United's point. If they lose, everyone will say it was expected, so they move on. If they fluke a win, they are ''back'' and so is the ''swaggah''. It kick-starts their season and gives them all a lift, something to crow about and boosts their confidence. They'd even continue to follow in Everton footsteps by declaring a draw as some sort of moral victory.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36687 on: October 18, 2019, 01:59:50 pm »
It's hilarious, my Man Utd supporting friend is adamant that their current position is entirely down to not spending enough even though over the past 5 years they have the 3rd highest gross spend and 2nd highest net spend in the PL.

Apparently we've been lucky with signings, no acceptance or acknowledgement that it's down to proper scouting. 
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36688 on: October 18, 2019, 02:14:28 pm »
It is.  :D

Although I can see United's point. If they lose, everyone will say it was expected, so they move on. If they fluke a win, they are ''back'' and so is the ''swaggah''. It kick-starts their season and gives them all a lift, something to crow about and boosts their confidence. They'd even continue to follow in Everton footsteps by declaring a draw as some sort of moral victory.
Yeah, they'd celebrate a draw like they won the league.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #36689 on: October 18, 2019, 02:38:00 pm »
It's hilarious, my Man Utd supporting friend is adamant that their current position is entirely down to not spending enough even though over the past 5 years they have the 3rd highest gross spend and 2nd highest net spend in the PL.

Apparently we've been lucky with signings, no acceptance or acknowledgement that it's down to proper scouting. 

They have the highest wage bill in the league too
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline The Naby Keita fan club

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #36690 on: October 18, 2019, 03:33:57 pm »
They have been in Pur slow mode for the best part of seven years now. Long live Ed.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #36691 on: October 18, 2019, 04:08:37 pm »

Hilarious. You can look at almost all of our purchases the past three years or so and think "this makes absolute sense."
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #36693 on: October 18, 2019, 05:11:25 pm »
Some talk that De Gea and even Pogba could feature too. Pogba starting would be absolutely terrible. For them.

It’s the type of game he would turn up for though thanks to his kings size ego. It’s against the lower teams he can’t be arsed for. I still expect them to have the likes of Pogba and De Gea back risking Marsial would be mad, but they probably have little choice.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36694 on: October 18, 2019, 05:24:34 pm »
It’s the type of game he would turn up for though thanks to his kings size ego. It’s against the lower teams he can’t be arsed for. I still expect them to have the likes of Pogba and De Gea back risking Marsial would be mad, but they probably have little choice.

Not sure. Utter headless chicken in a 1-1 there a couple of years ago. Don’t remember much of note from him against us since

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36695 on: October 18, 2019, 05:49:09 pm »
Not sure. Utter headless chicken in a 1-1 there a couple of years ago. Don’t remember much of note from him against us since

I'm not saying he was brilliant, but he will be demanding the ball a bit more hopefully we will run over the top of him though.  ;D

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #36696 on: October 18, 2019, 06:11:06 pm »

Need that on a t-shirt. Brilliant.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #36697 on: October 18, 2019, 07:08:49 pm »
Been sent this.Think it's from From WhoScored's match preview

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

• Kopite
« Reply #36698 on: October 18, 2019, 07:13:39 pm »
Bit cocky from Klopp here. But if you play trash like these it must feel so optimistic around the place. Bet Jurgens army is buzzin. Everybody wants to play unlike De Gea who rather made himself injured.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #36699 on: October 18, 2019, 07:21:47 pm »
Bit cocky from Klopp here. But if you play trash like these it must feel so optimistic around the place. Bet Jurgens army is buzzin. Everybody wants to play unlike De Gea who rather made himself injured.

It wasn't cocky at all. Watch the conference and listen to the question he was asked and how he replied. The opposite of cocky.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36700 on: October 18, 2019, 07:25:56 pm »

They've certainly spent, but spent badly.

I read something this morning that said since Ferguson left they've spent £800m to get into the mess they are currently in. Also, if it was only about spending money, Everton wouldn't be in the relegation zone. They have the highest spend in Europe for any side that hasn't won a trophy in years. Spending is only half the battle. Spending well is the key.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36701 on: October 18, 2019, 07:28:25 pm »

Nothing cocky about it, a good answer to a leading question.

• Kopite
« Reply #36702 on: October 18, 2019, 08:42:36 pm »
It wasn't cocky at all. Watch the conference and listen to the question he was asked and how he replied. The opposite of cocky.
So now I need to watch the whole conference to find out what Jurgen really meant? In between the lines? That line I quoted strikes me as cockines. We have a poor record at Old Trafford as you know. I definitely would not boast before the match over there, despite the fact we are amazing and them utter shite.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #36703 on: October 18, 2019, 08:47:59 pm »
So now I need to watch the whole conference to find out what Jurgen really meant? In between the lines?

No, you should ignore the context and interpret it in line with your own preconceptions...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36704 on: October 18, 2019, 08:48:37 pm »
So now I need to watch the whole conference to find out what Jurgen really meant? In between the lines? That line I quoted strikes me as cockines. We have a poor record at Old Trafford as you know. I definitely would not boast before the match over there, despite the fact we are amazing and them utter shite.

Lighten up, it was a stupid question and there was nothing wrong with what he said. As you would have been aware had you actually listened to him answering it.

• Kopite
« Reply #36705 on: October 18, 2019, 09:04:37 pm »
Lighten up, it was a stupid question and there was nothing wrong with what he said. As you would have been aware had you actually listened to him answering it.
Thank you Jill :) Stupid question, sorry for stupid answer from me. Have a great weekend, cant wait for Sunday. Sunday morning is going to be tough for most of us I reckon :)

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36706 on: October 18, 2019, 09:07:19 pm »
Thank you Jill :) Stupid question, sorry for stupid answer from me. Have a great weekend, cant wait for Sunday. Sunday morning is going to be tough for most of us I reckon :)

Enjoy the build up and don't stress about it. We will find a way to win this.  ;D

• Kopite
« Reply #36707 on: October 18, 2019, 09:46:34 pm »
find a way  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki7EoH31UkM
(no idea how to embeed but great track. cheers for inspiration Jill)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36708 on: October 18, 2019, 09:57:06 pm »
Cocky for stating the facts? They're fucking shite, and are in zero position to be bigging themselves up as to be one of the "big boys" anymore.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36709 on: October 18, 2019, 10:01:09 pm »
Thing is, they bent over for City last season and took a fisting. We owe the shit c*nts for that.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #36710 on: October 18, 2019, 10:04:33 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ki7EoH31UkM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ki7EoH31UkM</a>
(no idea how to embeed but great track. cheers for inspiration Jill)
There you go mate.
[flash=500,300]https://www.youtube.com/v/Ki7EoH31UkM[/flash   ]
Here's how I've altered things to embed the video; just take out the spaces after the last 'flash'  :thumbup

« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 10:07:17 pm by Tesco tearaway »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #36711 on: October 19, 2019, 07:27:05 am »
Whisky nose accused of taking bribes and match fixing.

Mr. Ferguson accused of "fixing game with agent who gave him £30,000 gold Rolex"

An ongoing trial is investigating football agent Giuseppe Pagliara, who is accused of paying and facilitating a bribe.

A football agent accused of corruption bragged about giving then Manchester United manager Mr. Ferguson a £30,000 Rolex in exchange for fixing a Champions League match, a court heard.

Giuseppe Pagliara, 64, also told an undercover reporter posing as a businesswoman that Sir Alex worked with agents to make money from transfer deals, a jury was told.

The claims were heard during the opening of the bribery trial of Pagliara, fellow agent Dax Price, 48, and Scot Tommy Wright, 53, the former assistant head coach of Barnsley.
Describing one meeting in Manchester in June 2016, prosecutor Brian O’Neill QC told Southwark Crown Court yesterday: “Pagliara launched into what could only be described as a diatribe of Mr. Ferguson… He claimed that he had paid Ferguson before.”

The trial also heard claims about other football figures, including former England manager Steve McLaren, ex-Portsmouth and Spurs boss Harry Redknapp and Cardiff manager Colin Wanker.

Prosecutor Brian O'Neill QC said: "Towards the end of the meeting Pagliara launched into what could only be described as a diatribe of Mr. Ferguson, accusing him of having conspired with Pagliara to fix the result of a football match between Juventus , a club which Pagliara was associated with, and Manchester United in the Champions League for which Pagliara had thanked him with a gold 30 grand Rolex watch.

"Pagliara went on to accuse Mr. Ferguson of having taken money as part of transfer deals. He claimed that he had paid Ferguson before."

Mr O’Neill said that the prosecution did not seek to “malign” other individuals who were not on trial.

Ferguson is widely regarded as one of the best football managers of all time, and has won more trophies than any other manager in the history of football.

During his 26 years at United he won 38 trophies, including 13 Premier League titles, two Champions Leagues and five FA Cups.
Wright, of Barnsley, denies two counts of accepting a bribe.

Pagliara, of Bury, Greater Manchester, and Price, 48, of Sittingbourne, Kent, deny two counts of paying and facilitating a bribe.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sir-alex-ferguson-accused-fixing-20643613

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36712 on: October 19, 2019, 08:17:26 am »

Mr. Ferguson accused of "fixing game with agent who gave him £30,000 gold Rolex"

An ongoing trial is investigating football agent Giuseppe Pagliara, who is accused of paying and facilitating a bribe.

A football agent accused of corruption bragged about giving then Manchester United manager Mr. Ferguson a £30,000 Rolex in exchange for fixing a Champions League match, a court heard.

Giuseppe Pagliara, 64, also told an undercover reporter posing as a businesswoman that Sir Alex worked with agents to make money from transfer deals, a jury was told.

The claims were heard during the opening of the bribery trial of Pagliara, fellow agent Dax Price, 48, and Scot Tommy Wright, 53, the former assistant head coach of Barnsley.
Describing one meeting in Manchester in June 2016, prosecutor Brian O’Neill QC told Southwark Crown Court yesterday: “Pagliara launched into what could only be described as a diatribe of Mr. Ferguson… He claimed that he had paid Ferguson before.”

The trial also heard claims about other football figures, including former England manager Steve McLaren, ex-Portsmouth and Spurs boss Harry Redknapp and Cardiff manager Colin Wanker.

Prosecutor Brian O'Neill QC said: "Towards the end of the meeting Pagliara launched into what could only be described as a diatribe of Mr. Ferguson, accusing him of having conspired with Pagliara to fix the result of a football match between Juventus , a club which Pagliara was associated with, and Manchester United in the Champions League for which Pagliara had thanked him with a gold 30 grand Rolex watch.

"Pagliara went on to accuse Mr. Ferguson of having taken money as part of transfer deals. He claimed that he had paid Ferguson before."

Mr O’Neill said that the prosecution did not seek to “malign” other individuals who were not on trial.

Ferguson is widely regarded as one of the best football managers of all time, and has won more trophies than any other manager in the history of football.

During his 26 years at United he won 38 trophies, including 13 Premier League titles, two Champions Leagues and five FA Cups.
Wright, of Barnsley, denies two counts of accepting a bribe.

Pagliara, of Bury, Greater Manchester, and Price, 48, of Sittingbourne, Kent, deny two counts of paying and facilitating a bribe.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sir-alex-ferguson-accused-fixing-20643613

I almost fell of my chair with surprise.
Fergie bent? 
Who would have thought it!

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36713 on: October 19, 2019, 09:13:40 am »
This one time at band camp.

But do they got cheese??

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36714 on: October 19, 2019, 09:48:35 am »
To be fair that guy sounds like a bit of a blagger

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #36715 on: October 19, 2019, 10:06:24 am »
That's nearly as daft as saying grobelaar was involved in fixing that 3-3 with united.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Anthony

• Snot a Sailing Specialist. Has not signed for Manchester United. Misses Santa's knee!!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We don't need anyone to tell us this is golden...
« Reply #36716 on: October 19, 2019, 10:22:24 am »
Strikes me as flinging dung.

But is it a sign of how far the armour has slipped that not only is this being raised in court but it is being reported in the mainstream media even though the prosecution 'did not seek to “malign” other individuals who were not on trial'?
"We will win the European Cup one day. Aim for the moon and end up among the stars" - Gérard Houllier 2001

Thankyou Rafa and Jürgen  for taking us to Heaven!

"Hicks could have purchased Dallas' MLS franchise but decided not to. 'In hindsight, I probably made the wrong decision' he said" - Sports Illustrated/AP 2007

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #36717 on: October 19, 2019, 10:32:20 am »

The Warnock auto correct kills me every time.  :D
We are Liverpool!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36718 on: October 19, 2019, 10:57:33 am »
So, Ole has 2 more points than Klopp did after his first 29 league games. If that isn't a sign that he is steering the club in the right direction, I don't know what is. #Oleathewheel
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #36719 on: October 19, 2019, 11:13:42 am »
So, Ole has 2 more points than Klopp did after his first 29 league games. If that isn't a sign that he is steering the club in the right direction, I don't know what is. #Oleathewheel
That belongs in the Liverpool are Shite! thread :lmao