Author Topic: Liverpool 3 v Arsenal 1, Anfield '40 Matip'48'58 Mo '84 Torrero  (Read 35687 times)

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 3 v Arsenal 1, Anfield '40 Matip'48'58 Mo '84 Torrero
« Reply #360 on: August 25, 2019, 02:11:36 am »
Watched it with a bunch of arsenal supporters. Apparently none of them agreed with Tyler and Neville.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: August 25, 2019, 02:28:21 am »
Watched it with a bunch of arsenal supporters. Apparently none of them agreed with Tyler and Neville.
They came into it when we made a few subs and slowed the game down a bit but you always felt we could step it up again if we needed to. But having to listen to the shite spouted on Sky you would think we got out of jail and where lucky to come away with the win. Only for some desperate blocks we would have been 5 or 6 up .When they did score you had Rat boy bang on about how it was a massive massive goal for them , then realized how fucking stupid he sounded and changed it to  a massive goal in their season? Neville and and Tyler are always going to hate us with Carra now their little lap dog, its fairly evident when we score and its practically on mute where if someone scores against us they nearly cream themselves.If they hate us fair enough but dont put them on our games where people have paid massive subscriptions to sky so they can watch us.
We really are some team these days ,no team in the league will want to play us.We really have got the fear factor back and played some absolutely devastating football today.

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #362 on: August 25, 2019, 03:14:35 am »
We're rather good, aren't we?
I can see why we wanted Pepe, and I love how VvD played him out. As mentioned by others, he sized him up, and then turned him into a young player he is, outmuscled and outperformed by an experienced player.

We've become the standard for everyone to measure that any team will be relieved not to be spanked by us. Kinda being like City, but we build the team within our own means.
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: August 25, 2019, 03:41:30 am »
We're rather good, aren't we?
I can see why we wanted Pepe, and I love how VvD played him out. As mentioned by others, he sized him up, and then turned him into a young player he is, outmuscled and outperformed by an experienced player.

We've become the standard for everyone to measure that any team will be relieved not to be spanked by us. Kinda being like City, but we build the team within our own means.

15 teams in the league are beaten before they get off the bus, which is ideal to say the least.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #364 on: August 25, 2019, 03:46:32 am »
15 teams in the league are beaten before they get off the bus, which is ideal to say the least.

In the case of Newcastle, they're beaten before they get on it ;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: August 25, 2019, 04:43:23 am »
In the case of Newcastle, they're beaten before they get on it ;D

;D
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #366 on: August 25, 2019, 05:00:50 am »
15 teams in the league are beaten before they get off the bus,
And one team's bus is beaten-up, before they get off it and cry
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: August 25, 2019, 05:05:06 am »
O happy day!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #368 on: August 25, 2019, 05:49:51 am »
Throughout the match I could only keep thinking that Arsenal was absolute gash. We weren't even barely 7/10 and had a poor last 20 minutes, and still they ran sorely out of ideas.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: August 25, 2019, 07:03:54 am »
I honesty don't know why Arsenal would turn up in their irrelevant third kit rather than their iconic yellow/navy change kit which is probably one of the few kits that haunts Anfield.

Tyler and particularly Neville absolutely absurd at this stage: trying to create a completely false impression of the game in the hopes that it will somehow impact the psyche of either Liverpool fans or players. He tried it with the Champions League ("you should chuck it!"), now he's trying it with Salah ("He'll leave this summer!"), with United ("ready to pounce when Pep leaves"), with Van Dijk ("Pépé has him worried"). Mate, you're just not that important. Absolutely deluded commentary from Neville. Fucking spoofer. Humiliating himself week on week. Stick stoking the abuse for Pogba you prick.

Salah: what a goal. Maybe the combination of all the most Salah bits of play into one goal. Control, strength, determination, lightning pace and cool-as-fuck pass into the bottom corner. He's gonna score buckets this season.

Gini: as much as he would frustrate you with his garbage shooting, that little big on the left touch line where he outpaced and outpowered their right-back, then wriggled out from between two or three players to lay the ball off... you absolutely love that for you team.

AOC: please play him in the middle, don't bring him on up front.

Lallana: what's Shaq done to deserve this?

And of course, what a team this is. 12 wins on the spin. Hopefully many more to come.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: August 25, 2019, 07:27:13 am »
Bizarre game report in the Guardian - 'ponderous start by Liverpool', 'first goal against the run of play' etc. My comment that reporter Wilson must have spent a couple of hours in the Arkles before he got to the ground was removed. Since then about 100 people have posted something similar. The Graun has become a very strange newspaper.

Indeed. Now its a newspaper that spends its time blaming remainers for Brexit.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: August 25, 2019, 07:28:48 am »
It all just looked so easy. I too find the Sky comms baffling, but sod them.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: August 25, 2019, 08:06:46 am »
Bossed the game..
Never out of 3rd gear really..
Arsenal were lucky it was only 3..
Bobby/Fabinho/Salah were superb..

Going by the comments glad the PL world feed doesn't have the shit sky commentary.. We had the two Jim's (proudfoot and Beglin) They were fairly reasonable and called the game as it was..

Onto Burnley next.. where another bus awaits us.. Hope Gomez is rotated in for that game, just so that he can score a massive header over Ben Fucking Mee and get some revenge for last season..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: August 25, 2019, 08:08:59 am »
People can argue who is the best and really the conversation is out of us and City in Europe. But, at Anfield, there is no tougher team to play.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: August 25, 2019, 08:29:10 am »
Maybe one of the best performances under Klopp. Mostly because of the way we kept another very good team (I think they'll finish top 4) at complete arms length for the whole game. Other than the goal they had 2 chances = one a mistake from hendo and another a mad Adrian moment. Superb performance from us especially first 15 and then 20 after half time
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #375 on: August 25, 2019, 09:12:08 am »
I have never pretended to be some tactical guru but most of the press this morning are saying that arsenal are showing real signs of improvement and reasons for optimism. Am I missing something because I thought they were bang average and we dismissed them with ease
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: August 25, 2019, 09:15:22 am »
I have never pretended to be some tactical guru but most of the press this morning are saying that arsenal are showing real signs of improvement and reasons for optimism. Am I missing something because I thought they were bang average and we dismissed them with ease

I think that says how good we are. They appeared to be better with some more players you can hang your hat on.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #377 on: August 25, 2019, 09:32:12 am »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #378 on: August 25, 2019, 09:36:53 am »

I think because we normally just tear them to shreds, whereas there were times we looked a little short on ideas. Reality being they just did what small teams do at Anfield, parked up and went direct.

They need to develop what Wenger did, and blow the small teams away and hope it’s enough to finish top four.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #379 on: August 25, 2019, 09:37:27 am »

Thought Arsenal were lucky that TAA and Robbo's crossing wasn't really at its best yesterday. Yes Arsenal tried and took risks but overall we controlled the game and fully deserved the win. We should of won by more.

Shame we let them score but we move on to Burnley.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #380 on: August 25, 2019, 09:41:35 am »
Reality being they just did what small teams do at Anfield, parked up and went direct.
I don't think they wanted to park the bus as much as they were forced to. They wanted to pass through our press but just never managed to as we squeezed the life out of them, practically it was us who prevailed.

However in theory their game plan was spot on in sense that they defended the space within the width of the box and dared us to beat them with crosses. Other way around the damage would have been far greater. Basically they picked the less of two evils.

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: August 25, 2019, 10:05:21 am »
Bizarre game report in the Guardian - 'ponderous start by Liverpool', 'first goal against the run of play' etc. My comment that reporter Wilson must have spent a couple of hours in the Arkles before he got to the ground was removed. Since then about 100 people have posted something similar. The Graun has become a very strange newspaper.

Haha yeah that Paul Wilson article is terrible - starts by referring to Liverpool's ponderous start then a couple of paragraphs later says we gave them a pounding in the first 15 mins. My favourite bit was where he tried to infer VAR bias towards Liverpool...

'Liverpool were not exactly pummelling their opponents when Alexander-Arnold swung over a corner from the right that Joël Matip headed in from six yards. Replays supported Mattéo Guendouzi’s argument that Liverpool players had in effect held him in a headlock, yet there was no VAR intervention despite the fact that several minutes had been wasted at the preceding corner in checking whether an alleged Nacho Monreal offence was worthy of a red card.

WTF ?  :duh  :lmao

*Paul Wilson is an Evertonian.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #382 on: August 25, 2019, 10:07:42 am »

I don't think Arsenal are up to much, they'll just outscore most of the bottom 14 because of the firepower they've got with their front three and then you throw Ceballos and Ozil in the mix. A bit like Liverpool in 13/14 but without the brilliance of a Suarez to make the difference in games. Pepe and Aubemeyang have to put away those chances at 0-0 but against the likes of Burnley if they miss one chance they'll get another.

Once they get Tierney and Bellerin fit they'll be a better side. They had nothing at full back yesterday.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 10:10:03 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #383 on: August 25, 2019, 10:12:58 am »
I think because we normally just tear them to shreds, whereas there were times we looked a little short on ideas. Reality being they just did what small teams do at Anfield, parked up and went direct.

Remember when the Goons used to spend most of the game shouting Hoof at us?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: August 25, 2019, 10:19:50 am »
At a match I've never seen so many fat fellas with tissues, mopping their fucking sweat. Is it global warming, is it because the Anfield faithful have become far more corpulent over the years or is it that fat fellas are more discerning about their sweaty appearance.

Answers on a sweaty postcard.

;D

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #385 on: August 25, 2019, 10:24:07 am »
That third goal.

Unreal stuff. From defence to a goal in two passes. When Fabinio played the pass and the collective ' good ball ' from the crowd then the collective ' go on ' when Mo skinned Luiz.

Easy... fuckin boss footy.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 10:25:56 am by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #386 on: August 25, 2019, 11:02:25 am »
Haha yeah that Paul Wilson article is terrible - starts by referring to Liverpool's ponderous start then a couple of paragraphs later says we gave them a pounding in the first 15 mins. My favourite bit was where he tried to infer VAR bias towards Liverpool...

'Liverpool were not exactly pummelling their opponents when Alexander-Arnold swung over a corner from the right that Joël Matip headed in from six yards. Replays supported Mattéo Guendouzi’s argument that Liverpool players had in effect held him in a headlock, yet there was no VAR intervention despite the fact that several minutes had been wasted at the preceding corner in checking whether an alleged Nacho Monreal offence was worthy of a red card.

Read that article when I got in from the game and couldn’t have misrepresented things more if he tried.

We were dominant and 3-1 flattered them massively yesterday. The only slight criticism you could have is we didn’t perhaps create enough clear cut chances, but I thought at times yesterday was some of the best football I’ve seen this team play.

I think they set up to defend the crosses and they did that well which is why it seemed like we lacked creativity but we are miles apart ability wise. They probably are better than last season but so are we and in my view we’ve moved further ahead despite what the score line suggests. Think we’re going to hand out some pretty hefty beatings this season when everything clicks.

Much to look forward to
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: August 25, 2019, 11:07:43 am »

What does Luke Shaw have to do with anything?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #388 on: August 25, 2019, 11:12:31 am »

Paul Wilson is an Everon supporter who likes to wind us up. I have had a few email discussions with him in the past but decided a while ago to just ignore the bitter Bitter.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #389 on: August 25, 2019, 11:23:49 am »
Luiz blamed the third goal on the ref.

If he hadn’t given the pen and booked him then he would have just fouled amp

WTF?

Don’t rip his shirt off in the area you knob.  Totally bizarre.  The ref didn’t even need VAR, it was stonewall.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: August 25, 2019, 11:36:23 am »
They must be watching another game in a parallel universe. Arsenal got away not having being battered 6-0 or something like that. We weren't even trying very hard

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #391 on: August 25, 2019, 11:40:44 am »
There really are some bizarre reports about how Arsenal looked like they are getting better.

I have just watched it back and its more one sided than I thought yesterday. Yes they have a couple of breaks, mainly down to small mistakes from us, but that first 15 minutes of the second half we destroyed them. That 5 on 2 break being an example of where we should have had another goal really. Had that gone in I think they would have crumbled.

Does anyone know what the VAR Red Card review was? The information in the ground was non-existent - but it seems sky had no idea either?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #392 on: August 25, 2019, 11:50:12 am »
They must be watching another game in a parallel universe. Arsenal got away not having being battered 6-0 or something like that. We weren't even trying very hard

Yeah I was actually kind of disappointed we didn’t create more given how easily and how many times we took the ball off them in their final third especially in the second half after we’d adjusted .. suicidal from them and another day that is a 6-0

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #393 on: August 25, 2019, 11:53:25 am »
We played some excellent football in the first half, against another team, or an Arsenal side over the last few years, we would have gone into half time 3 or 4 goals up, and that's without creating more than a couple of clear cut chances. The second half was like football from another planet at times, and everyone knows we could do better/play with more intensity. We are the best team in the world, by a bigger distance than people want to admit. I think a lot of our own fans don't even realise it at times, how fucking insane we are.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #394 on: August 25, 2019, 11:54:20 am »
We battered them. Didn’t even try to get a corner in the last 10-15 minutes. We even switched off and let them score a non-event goal. Should’ve been a 5-0 trumping.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: August 25, 2019, 12:04:46 pm »
They came into it when we made a few subs and slowed the game down a bit but you always felt we could step it up again if we needed to. But having to listen to the shite spouted on Sky you would think we got out of jail and where lucky to come away with the win. Only for some desperate blocks we would have been 5 or 6 up .When they did score you had Rat boy bang on about how it was a massive massive goal for them , then realized how fucking stupid he sounded and changed it to  a massive goal in their season? Neville and and Tyler are always going to hate us with Carra now their little lap dog, its fairly evident when we score and its practically on mute where if someone scores against us they nearly cream themselves.If they hate us fair enough but dont put them on our games where people have paid massive subscriptions to sky so they can watch us.
We really are some team these days ,no team in the league will want to play us.We really have got the fear factor back and played some absolutely devastating football today.

You are right about  Carragher, he is treated dismissively by Tyler whilst Neville gets the utmost respect.
Neville has lost all pretence of being impartial were Liverpool are concerned.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #396 on: August 25, 2019, 12:05:52 pm »

What's weird is that the same paper's minute-by-minute reporting of the match had this:

45 min: Replays of the goal show that as Trent Alexander-Arnold’s delivery was fizzing into the penalty area, Arsenal’s defenders were so worried about containing Virgil van Dijk, that they actually got in each other’s way. Grabbing the front of Dutchman’s shirt and refusing to let go, Sokratiss outstretched arm actually prevented Guendouzi from marking Matip, who jumped for a free header.

So Guendouzi was impeded, but by his own team-mate.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #397 on: August 25, 2019, 12:11:13 pm »
Shame Firmino was just short of knocking in that cross from Robbo after 80 seconds. Think we'd have scored half a dozen if that'd gone in.

It says something when arsenal are getting plaudits for losing 3-1. It shows that we're on another level.

Also interesting what Carragher said in the commentary. When arsenal scored, he said that it was only a consolation, and a few years back there'd be concern from the fans that we could throw away a convincing lead, but now we're a different side.

I heard a stat about Liverpool winning every time Mo scores, and it goes back quite a long way. Reminiscent of the days of Ian Rush. He scored, we won.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline AbdulMunim

• Boys Pen
« Reply #398 on: August 25, 2019, 12:16:55 pm »
Isn't it possible to start an online petition that states that Tyler and Neville should be permanently banned from commenting in our games???? I have to literally mute my stream due to them..... Seems like a funeral Everytime they are commenting.... Ruins the whole match.... Please let the higher ups at sky know that these two are unacceptable 😠😠😠😠

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: August 25, 2019, 12:28:26 pm »
we won without really playing our best stuff and I fucking love that