Author Topic: Fooood. Let's talk about it  (Read 4401 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Fooood. Let's talk about it
« on: January 11, 2019, 12:42:32 am »
Missus can't cook, makes a shite meal, can't be arsed cooking yourself,? complain about it in here :D

What do you like eating whilst going out, favorite type of food, best meal you've made, whatever, whenever, food related rant your arse away.

If you're ever in Vegas, hit up the buffet at the Balagio, particularly for dinner, tip well to skip all those poor sods waiting in line it's well worth it, stuff your face for $50 as long as you want, top notch quality Kobe steak  :champ

If you're in the Balkans [and if I could, I'd eat this every day], then have Ćevapi, particularly if you're in Bosnia

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fooood. Let's talk about it
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 12:48:42 am »
I can cook and am getting better. Cannot bake though despite making an amazing cheesecake once.

I pretty much like every type of food except Spanish food. Also after becoming more interested in cooking i am more aware of what is in food not cooked at home.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 01:55:15 am »
I can cook and am getting better. Cannot bake though despite making an amazing cheesecake once.

I pretty much like every type of food except Spanish food. Also after becoming more interested in cooking i am more aware of what is in food not cooked at home.

Nothing beats an amazing cheescake, could eat that all day if there weren't any repercussions health wise  ;D

What is your go to meal to make?

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 02:01:48 am »
Yeah a big fan of food me ;D

I feel like I eat more than the average human does but I'm still a fucking skinny bastard ;D
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 02:22:31 am »
Yeah a big fan of food me ;D

I feel like I eat more than the average human does but I'm still a fucking skinny bastard ;D

Lucky bastard! I have the appetite of a horse, but have to work out consistently not to gain any weight whatsoever. Sometimes I feel like I'm working out just so I can eat  ;D

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 09:37:42 am »
Think I've become a decent cook over time. I lived on my own for a few years so learned some techniques which have helped.

Some of the dishes I make pretty frequently are:

- Beef cheeks in red wine
- Spaghetti carbonara (made with proper guanciale)
- Roasted butternut squash, roasted garlic and goats' cheese ravioli
- Risotto with pancetta and asparagus (using chicken stock I previously put together with the spine of a chicken and some aromatics)
- Chicken and pistacchio curry
- Chilli with ground beef, chorizo and pulled pork
- Sesame seeded tuna steak on an asian 'slaw
- Pizza using a 24 hour no-knead dough recipe

I've also learned how to knock together some basic sauces which take about five minutes, using things I have in the fridge and go beautifully well with chicken, beef or pork (usually containing combinations of butter, olive oil, meat juices, lemon, creme fraiche, worcestershire sauce, vinegar, salt pepper and different herbs/spices).

I pickle diced red onions once a week as they're gorgeous lathered on nearly anything and tend to buy dried Mexican chillis quite frequently which I toast and grind into a fine powder which is great to add smokey heat to dishes.

I also make my own chapatis to eat with curry (the dough freezes brilliantly so I make a decent portion size and then freeze into balls big enough for about three chapatis).

I'm experimenting with tofu at the moment as I want to cut my meat intake this year (aiming for at least one meat-free day a week) so have tried crispy fried tofu and tofu burgers.

I'd say the only 'ready' meal I ever eat is a frozen pizza which I have maybe once a month when I can't be arsed cooking.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 10:00:20 am »
I've always enjoyed cooking and cook everything from scratch.  I'll have a go at anything but I don't do hot or spicy.

I'd grow my own food if I could but I don't have the space and I've recently stopped buying fresh food at the supermarket, preferring to buy from greengrocers, butcher's and fish mongers. 

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 10:23:53 am »
Been doing a lot of batch cooking recently largely because when I get in from work I sometimes cannot be arsed cooking something time consuming. So just tend to cook some fresh rice or pasta and reheat something I have got out of the freezer in the morning before work. The problem it is getting a bit repetitive and I just find myself cooking Thai red/green curry, a Bolognese, Chilli or that sort of thing which is fine because they’re nice and all, but does anyone have any other recipes which can be cooked en masse and freeze well?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 10:25:26 am by CheshireDave »
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 11:18:39 am »
Been doing a lot of batch cooking recently largely because when I get in from work I sometimes cannot be arsed cooking something time consuming. So just tend to cook some fresh rice or pasta and reheat something I have got out of the freezer in the morning before work. The problem it is getting a bit repetitive and I just find myself cooking Thai red/green curry, a Bolognese, Chilli or that sort of thing which is fine because they’re nice and all, but does anyone have any other recipes which can be cooked en masse and freeze well?

Tom Kerridge has batch cooking recipes in his new series on BBC.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 11:28:56 am »
Tom Kerridge has batch cooking recipes in his new series on BBC.

Cheers. Will look out for that.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 11:39:47 am »
I just have a massive wok and stir fry everything. Different combinations of vegetables, meat, spices and herbs every night. Healthy and never gets boring.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 12:08:28 pm »
Nothing beats an amazing cheescake, could eat that all day if there weren't any repercussions health wise  ;D

What is your go to meal to make?

A carbonara. But that and pasta dishes are so easy that its almost silly to call them cooking.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 12:32:34 pm »
If I had my time over again, I think I'd want to look into a career in cooking. Maybe catering college and taking it from there. Feel at 32, married and in a settled career that I have missed the boat a bit, as the hours you need to invest are crazy and the working hours are a trainee chef seem to be 'difficult'.

I love cooking and I'm not a fussy eater, so I do like the experiment and try different things. My issue is that my Husband is quite fussy, which limits things a little - certain ingredients need to be substituted or alternatives used. I followed Slimming World for 2 years, so ended up cooking a lot of stuff found on pinch of nom and places like that. And a lot of 'fakeaway' stuff, like KFC-style chicken with panko breadcrumbs and oven baked etc...

I would say the thing I am most known for in my family is a Mexican pie. 6/7 years ago I ordered from the specials board in a Mexican restaurant - it was like a Mexican cottage pie. It was unreal, so I took the idea home and tried to make it myself. It is essentially a chilli laid out in an oven dish but with mashed sweet potato on top and sprinkled with manchego cheese and baked in the oven like a cottage pie. Service with some salad and sour cream it's really nice, and it's something different. If I was to ask my Husband what his favourite home cooked meal is then he would say any curry I make or my Nasi Goreng.

I used to be a dreadful baker - found it hard to follow a recipe but feel like I am improving on that front. I don't do a lot of it but my family always request me to make a cheesecake for family gatherings (Baileys, Oreo, mint Aero, chocolate orange, whatever choc I am into at the time basically) and I have made a lot of different things for local bakesales in the past 2 years - cookies, gingerbread, cake etc... which seems to have gone well. I think I don't bake a lot because I am afraid of eating it!

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:35:04 pm by Ciara (with a capital "C") »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 12:38:43 pm »
I bought a large pork belly in early December and put it in the freezer to do a pre-Xmas porchetta, but never got the opportunity to make it.

So I'm going to do it tomorrow. I love a good porchetta.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 12:38:52 pm »
I would say the thing I am most known for in my family is a Mexican pie. 6/7 years ago I ordered from the specials board in a Mexican restaurant - it was like a Mexican cottage pie. It was unreal, so I took the idea home and tried to make it myself. It is essentially a chilli laid out in an oven dish but with mashed sweet potato on top and sprinkled with manchego cheese and baked in the oven like a cottage pie. Service with some salad and sour cream it's really nice, and it's something different. If I was to ask my Husband what his favourite home cooked meal is then he would say any curry I make or my Nasi Goreng.

This one in particular has made me hungry!

Any recipe's can also be added to the Recipe a Day thread  :wave

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 12:43:50 pm »
I do the majority of the cooking in our house..

Do tend to do a lot of batch cooking. Chillies, curries, fajitas. Though I'm not adverse to sticking a cheesy beans on toast when I've had a crappy day.

I will admit I do tend to do with the jars/pastes when it comes to the majority of my cooking. I would like to change that but convenience is the top priority

What does kill me is I fucking love pasta. Bolognese, Carbonara, lasagne I can demolish. My go to meal at Uni was some tesco value pasta and stir in sauce. Unfortunately my missus cant stand pasta which limits what I cook at times. Cooked a pasta bake last week and it was amazing

I did get one of these a couple of years ago which changed the way I cooked massively

Basically does everything from slow cooker all the way up to deep fat fryer.

So I've been doing a lot of slow cooking. My favourite thing I've cooked in it is pulled pork (pork shoulder + fajita mix + veggies + half a pint of water with some brown sugar and chilli flakes. Low heat overnight, turn off in the morning, reheat in the evening). But also done curries, chillies, stews etc. Also sticking the heat up and cooking triple cooked chips for steak/ mixed grill

I've also got a blender so have been doing loads of veg soups. Going to be doing a lot of those in 2019 to cut the calories.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 04:24:52 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 02:31:22 pm »
I really regret not getting into cooking at a younger age. Had I just learnt the basics then, I wouldn't be so daunted by certain meals now.

Want to get better at it though, so never too late I guess.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 02:39:46 pm »
Some top stuff from you lads and lasses, given me various ideas when I can get arsed to make something. Cheers for sharing

Now I'm starving reading through your posts at work, which in hindsight is a bad idea :D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 02:46:54 pm »
A carbonara. But that and pasta dishes are so easy that its almost silly to call them cooking.

But it''ss sooooo goooooooooood , never fails

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 03:04:23 pm »
I was a chef for about 7 years before a career change, worked in a couple Michelin star restaurants, Pollen St Social being one if anyone has ever heard of that.

Anyway, I love cooking at home. It’s great as you can cook, eat it, and, unless the missus is in an especially bad mood, nobody is shouting at me calling me a c*nt. Best of both worlds.

Favourite thing to cook currently is a simple beef shin/beef cheek ragu with pappardelle. Great for a Sunday when you’re not doing much, just leave it in the pot to simmer away. Glass of red wine with that, happy days.

Another good one, although I can’t claim to have made this recently but I have made it and it works really well. Is a shellfish bisque, you can use any shellfish you want but it works well with langoustines or lobster shells. But when you sweat the vegetables down with the tomato paste and the spices at the beginning, add a couple table spoons of N’djua, which, for anyone who isn’t familiar, is a spicy spreadable salaminfrom Calabria. You basically end up with a spicy, shellfishy and slightly porky bisque, and because the shells give such a strong flavour, the flavours won’t overpower it. Great if you’re trying to impress for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 03:09:51 pm by Jm55 »

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 03:06:29 pm »
Can't cook, but I can bake. I always lose my patience when it comes to cooking, but you can barely go wrong baking. I make my own curries sometimes, so I can control the spice in them
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 03:20:48 pm »
I really enjoy cooking and am quite decent at it. My wife loves my chili, vermicelli Peking style, Moussaka, fish pie and Green Thai curry, all made from scratch. There is also a concocltion I make, loosely based on a Tapas dish I had in Tenerife - mushrooms, peppers, onions and chicken all fried in olive oil, seasoned with chili powder, flakes, garlic, salt, black, pepper, cumin and paprika. Let it simmer for about 25 minutes, then add cream to it and serve with rice. I get out in the kitchen, stick some music one and away I go.

I used to make quite a bit of Tapas, need to get back into that.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 05:23:33 pm »
Cevapi is (are? is it plural) amazing. With that bread. My Bosnian mate introduced me to them this summer, we ate them while watching the WC semi, with a lot of Karlovacko. Also that ajvar spread and some kind of fluffy cream cheese as a condiment, with the diced onion. Lovely stuff, I've been eating them ever since

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 05:37:35 pm »
Love cooking exotic dishes like a Thai green curry, Vietnamese poached chicken, Indian curries etc.

Also love all sorts of fish and seafood.

Steamed spicy Hake with Bok Choi , Octopus Salad, Crab Soup with spinach...........getting hungry just typing.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2019, 05:46:58 pm »
Cevapi is (are? is it plural) amazing. With that bread. My Bosnian mate introduced me to them this summer, we ate them while watching the WC semi, with a lot of Karlovacko. Also that ajvar spread and some kind of fluffy cream cheese as a condiment, with the diced onion. Lovely stuff, I've been eating them ever since

[are] ;) yea mate Ajvar is great with it as well, can't go wrong with a lot of Karlovacko afterwards  ;D, i could eat those for days, especially when you go to a place that specifically makes them on the grill, the smell is great let alone everything else!

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2019, 05:55:42 pm »
Can't cook, but I can bake. I always lose my patience when it comes to cooking, but you can barely go wrong baking.

I find it the other way round. If you fuck up a cake, it's not going to rise or have the right texture. If you fuck up a sauce for your tea, it's still saucy, and you can add more of the other things to balance it out, provided you have the ingredients. With baking, once its in the oven you've no room to hide.

I cook a lot. Love cajun flavours, gumbo, jambalaya etc. Mexican, Italian, Indian, even started doing a bit of Chinese. I think I'm a good cook but I know people who are better!

It's just great being able to control your own flavours isn't it. And shop bought stuff is pretty much muck, ready meals I mean. Even the expensive ones.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2019, 05:56:46 pm »
Love cooking, love trying new things. One of the great pleasures in life.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2019, 07:06:13 pm »
I do alright in the kitchen.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2019, 07:13:36 pm »
I was a chef for about 7 years before a career change, worked in a couple Michelin star restaurants, Pollen St Social being one if anyone has ever heard of that.

Anyway, I love cooking at home. It’s great as you can cook, eat it, and, unless the missus is in an especially bad mood, nobody is shouting at me calling me a c*nt. Best of both worlds.

Favourite thing to cook currently is a simple beef shin/beef cheek ragu with pappardelle. Great for a Sunday when you’re not doing much, just leave it in the pot to simmer away. Glass of red wine with that, happy days.

Another good one, although I can’t claim to have made this recently but I have made it and it works really well. Is a shellfish bisque, you can use any shellfish you want but it works well with langoustines or lobster shells. But when you sweat the vegetables down with the tomato paste and the spices at the beginning, add a couple table spoons of N’djua, which, for anyone who isn’t familiar, is a spicy spreadable salaminfrom Calabria. You basically end up with a spicy, shellfishy and slightly porky bisque, and because the shells give such a strong flavour, the flavours won’t overpower it. Great if you’re trying to impress for whatever reason.

I tip my hat to you sir, would love to have one day in a Michellin star restaurant as a chef let alone years  ;D

On another note, before I die, I have to go to San Sebastian, one of the best food places in Europe

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 07:32:21 pm »
Got a chili on the go right now, either have it tomorrow or Sunday. Had to run the Asda as I'd ran out of cummin powder and it needed it.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2019, 07:42:47 pm »
I tip my hat to you sir, would love to have one day in a Michellin star restaurant as a chef let alone years  ;D

On another note, before I die, I have to go to San Sebastian, one of the best food places in Europe

If you genuinely want to do that, most will be happy to let you do a day or so unpaid if you write to them and ask.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2019, 07:46:19 pm »
Got a chili on the go right now, either have it tomorrow or Sunday. Had to run the Asda as I'd ran out of cummin powder and it needed it.

Cumin. This is one of those times when spelling is important Rob

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2019, 07:58:54 pm »

;D

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2019, 08:11:05 pm »
I’ve nwver had any complaints when I have cooked for people. They could just be polite mind! I actually love cooking.  Curries from scratch, white wine sauces for chicken, red wine sauces for darker meats. Trial and a error. I love it
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2019, 08:46:17 pm »
Been a chef,baker,cake decorator/maker,production manager at large food company and ran a chippy all before i was 21.Worked in food most of my adult life,amongst other things and absolutely love being in a kitchen

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2019, 08:54:16 pm »
If you genuinely want to do that, most will be happy to let you do a day or so unpaid if you write to them and ask.

Cheers for that, that's great to know, would love to try it  8)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2019, 09:06:10 pm »
Great thread. I love cooking, ever since my brother brought me a blender for my birthday been doing loads of different soups which I love making. I'm doing a Butternutsquash and Chilli soup tomorrow, trying to do two different soups a week, so I've something to take into work with me. I tried doing a Broccali and Stilton soup the other week which was nice. I enjoy cooking stews (cumin is a must in them), and bologniases agree about the convienence of being able to freeze stuff. It's so nice being able to get something out already cooked if you're feeling tired. I have a passion for cranberries sticking them into everything including a Apple and Cranberry slaw which was lovely.

No one has mentioned puddings yet, come on everyone. Did a beautiful Mango Fool the other week, and trying a Strawberry and Lavender Souffle sometime. This thread is making me hungry.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2019, 09:25:08 pm »
Some good shouts for food so far.

Don't knock a dam good sausages and mash with rich gravy.
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2019, 10:01:16 pm »

:lmao
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2019, 10:56:02 pm »
No one has mentioned puddings yet, come on everyone. Did a beautiful Mango Fool the other week, and trying a Strawberry and Lavender Souffle sometime. This thread is making me hungry.  ;D

Spotted dick is an easy way of using up bits and pieces. I usually have a supply of dried fruit and nuts to mix in with granola. If I have just a little of something left over, I mix up some batter with self raising flour, throw in the fruits/nuts, and microwave the mixture. A decent dessert in under 10 minutes of preparation and cooking, and no leftovers left over. Not much cleaning up either.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258