Author Topic: Fat Sham: Fried brown bread and egg on face  (Read 101288 times)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Fat Sham: Fried brown bread and egg on face
« on: July 11, 2016, 07:16:11 pm »
The candidates:

Let's be fair ladies and gentleman, there can only be one.

I give you, the bookies hot favourite... http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/england/next-permanent-manager

January 2001's Football LeagueFirst Division Manager of the month...

The one, the only Mr. Samuel Allardyce  a.k.a Big Sam

Honours:

Limerick - League of Ireland First Division: 1991–92
Notts County - Football League Third Division: 1997–98

Bolton Wanderers - Football League First Division play-offs: 2001
West Ham United - Football League Championship play-offs: 2012

The man who can bring the glory days back! (and Jermain Defoe!)

Memorable quotes:

Allardyce, once a candidate for the England manager's job, arrived at Ewood Park in 2008 having survived at Newcastle for less than half a season.
Ahead of his team's clash with Fulham, the 55-year-old said: "I would be more suited to Inter Milan or Real Madrid. "It wouldn't be a problem for me to manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time."

Allardyce on his Premier League record: “I don’t think there is any coach more sophisticated than me any more, that’s not trying to criticise any other coaches. But there is only Arsene Wenger who has done it longer than me. I’m just as good as everybody at this stage.”

“I won’t ever be going to a top-four club because I’m not called Allardici, just Allardyce.”

Ya can keep yer Germans! We want Sam!

Tactical masterclass:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zmzp1Wt3tkU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zmzp1Wt3tkU</a>
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:13:04 pm by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Fat Sam is actually being considered....

Fucking hell..

As is Klinnsman.  A manager unloved in the US.  It seems he's good at setting up a structure, but not a great at being a coach.  Not what is needed.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Personally, I would love if Fat Sam gets the job. It would be hilarious.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, give it to Sam, for the lulz. We won't improve whoever is in charge, so we might as well have a laugh with it.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
I would give it to Sam as well. Why not try a more simple approach.

If Klinsmann & Eddie Howe really are the main competition he should have it in the bag.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Few places reporting the Steve Bruce will be interviewed on Wednesday.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Few places reporting the Steve Bruce will be interviewed on Wednesday.
:lmao

I actually like Bruce, always had a good sense of humour with the whole fathead thing but fuck me he'll keel over if he so much as draws a game

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Give it to Mike Bassett.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
Hiddink is the best one I can think of.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
Give it to Mike Bassett.

It appears they are trying their best to do just that.

A job that has been one of the highest paying jobs in the world, and therefore should give you the pick of the vast majority of coaches from around the world.
And it appears to be Steve Bruce vs Fat Sam. You couldn't make it up.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Like most on here I find England a constant source of amusement (besides Hodgson crippling Sturridge the dopey owl faced twat) and Big Sam is the perfect ringmaster for this circus.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
Makes sense:
We are Liverpool!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Give it someone who's never won anything. That way no one will be disappointed.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
Aren't they talking about appointing an interim manager until Arsene Wenger becomes available? Personally I think Wenger would be a rather uninspired choice. He certainly has a connection to English football, but his record in the CL (you can't really compare the FA cup, with the number less than top class teams competing) underwhelms.

Hiddink is an interesting choice, although he's done a really below par job with Turkey. I don't know if he'd still have it in him at this stage.

I think he'd be a safe pair of hands to take England to perhaps the quarter-finals, or at a push to the semis, but again, like Wenger, he hasn't really performed above expectations for a long, long time.

If Rafa got Newcastle promoted again, they should seriously consider him next year. They won't find better manager around with deep English football roots who would consider an offer from the FA, who has also won not one, not two but three major European competitions - most recently only 3 seasons ago.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
Big Sam was first name came to my head when thought who they would look at. Was 33/1 so went to put couple quid on it. They cut it to 16s so I said feck and left it.

Noises about money and signings, already making his leaving excuses...
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
If Rafa got Newcastle promoted again, they should seriously consider him next year. They won't find better manager around with deep English football roots who would consider an offer from the FA, who has also won not one, not two but three major European competitions - most recently only 3 seasons ago.

Why would you want Rafa to go to that circus? He is a serious manager.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Big Sam or Steve Bruce

Happy days...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
Laurent Blanc if the FA were willing to go foreign. The lack of any decent English candidate leads me to go for Eddie Howe if I had to, at least he's progressive & plays decent football
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 08:51:00 am by Old No7 »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
#TeamBigSam
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Considering Portugal just won the European Championship playing shitty, negative football and only winning one game inside 90-minutes there's no reason why Allerdyce couldn't at least replicate the shitty football.

Can't see why England haven't gone for someone like Howe, a young progressive coach who likes to play attractive football.   
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Considering Portugal just won the European Championship playing shitty, negative football and only winning one game inside 90-minutes there's no reason why Allerdyce couldn't at least replicate the shitty football.   

I would personally be very interested to see how Big Sam does internationally.

I've enjoyed taking the piss out of him over the years, and disliking him during the Rafa days (remember that 3-0 against Bolton where Reina was penalised for handball outside the box, even though it wasn't?) but if shit on a stick works for international football, he's deserving of a go with England.

For me, Howe is still a little too young and has more to learn by sticking with club football a while longer.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd

I've enjoyed taking the piss out of him over the years, and disliking him during the Rafa days (remember that 3-0 against Bolton where Reina was penalised for handball outside the box, even though it wasn't?) but if shit on a stick works for international football, he's deserving of a go with England.

For me, Howe is still a little too young and has more to learn by sticking with club football a while longer.
Yeah I agree. I don't think the negativity around his appointment is justified. International football is not like club football, if you’re organised and difficult to score against that’s half the battle won (look at Italy and Portugal). Secondly, there’s not many managers at international level who are in the ‘top bracket’ so it’s not like he’s going to be competing against the world’s best tactically.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I honestly think it's a bit mad for a country like England to appoint a non English manager.  Kind of defeats the whole point of international football.

And it really makes no odds who is the manager, we've had managers who have excelled in club football - Capello, Sven and then taken a punt on managers who've had one good season - McClaren, Hoddle, and managers with, what was it, '30 years of experience' with Hodgie and the end result was much the same.  That suggests to me the manager makes little difference.

Given that the FA from time to time prattle on about emulating the German's and bringing up a coach through the under 21s, some plum like Southgate or Pearce would have made some sort of logical sense.  But seems as though we're down to Fat Sam, Fathead or Pards.  And am I right in saying the next World Cup is in Russia?  Fucking hell, anyone planning a trip to follow England in that (if they qualify!) needs to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

It's funny because he comes across as such an oaf with a sky high opinion of himself. He's quite a pragmatist though and would do better than Hodgson. The twitter account means I can't really hate him either, just laugh at/with him and I reckon I could get behind the sexy charismatic bastard.

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
I honestly think it's a bit mad for a country like England to appoint a non English manager.  Kind of defeats the whole point of international football.

And it really makes no odds who is the manager, we've had managers who have excelled in club football - Capello, Sven and then taken a punt on managers who've had one good season - McClaren, Hoddle, and managers with, what was it, '30 years of experience' with Hodgie and the end result was much the same.  That suggests to me the manager makes little difference.

The end result hasn't been the same in that no one won anything, but Sven and Capello's sides went out to the likes of Ronaldinho-inspired genius or eventual winners etc; McClaren and Hodgson's sides failed to qualify for tournaments and went out to Iceland.
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
If Fat Sam is the next manager then it'll just prove (not that it needs to be proven anymore) how inept the FA are.

Would be fucking hilarious though, so I'm all for it.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues

Given that the FA from time to time prattle on about emulating the German's and bringing up a coach through the under 21s, some plum like Southgate or Pearce would have made some sort of logical sense.  But seems as though we're down to Fat Sam, Fathead or Pards.  And am I right in saying the next World Cup is in Russia?  Fucking hell, anyone planning a trip to follow England in that (if they qualify!) needs to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

They had a good long chat about this on the final Euros Anfield Wrap show - it's an absolutely systemic problem at the FA and in English football in general. The behind-closed-doors, committee mentality of the governing bodies of the sport and the fact that, tactically and coaching wise, we're decades behind the winners and even most of the runners up.

Is it trite to say that football could and should be looking at British cycling, athletics, swimming etc. for modernisation ideas? Christ, even the cricket team - the laughing stock of the world in my childhood - is now consistently up there with the best and challenges in pretty much every series and tournament.

As for Big Sam - I reckon he'd do something similar to his West Ham time for England. Relatively big club, down below where they should be, shaken down and brought back to respectability with a decent foundation in for the next level manager to take over.

If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
As for Big Sam - I reckon he'd do something similar to his West Ham time for England. Relatively big club, down below where they should be, shaken down and brought back to respectability with a decent foundation in for the next level manager to take over.

An International side shouldn't need that though, as any manager is only going to have the same players to pick from (save for retiring/new youngsters). It's not like he can go in and ship out the rubbish and sign new solid players to build a foundation - any decent manager can do that with his first squad selection.

Just bring in the 'next level' manager now or don't bother.

Offline grizz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
Holy f**k fat sham as next England manager, more years & years of winning f**k all if he gets the job  :o
That and calls for Hoddle to get the job again.
Going from 1 clown to another, maybe I should apply I'm sure I can be as just as shite for far less £

Offline justarslan

• Legacy Fan
  • Join Spirit Of Shankly!
    • Spirit Of Shankly
Hiddink is the best one I can think of.
Him or Bielsa would be boss.

Holy f**k fat sham as next England manager, more years & years of winning f**k all if he gets the job  :o
That and calls for Hoddle to get the job again.
Going from 1 clown to another, maybe I should apply I'm sure I can be as just as shite for far less £

Look on the bright side, he will keep Eng in Top 17 of FIFA ranking.
I want to hold my hands up and apologise to Rafa.
Give me the cold steel of the European Cup over a warm smile any day.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What's Big Sam's record in the cups like?

I mean, most international managers get judged on the international tournaments in the end, we've all seen that qualifying is no judge (Hodgson, Portugal finishing 3rd) of a manager's worth.

In his domestic career I would guess he's mainly prioritised PL safety over cups so perhaps he might need to show an improvement in this area - some managers are just beasts at knockout football (Rafa, Emery), I'm not sure Big Sam is one of them.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
Most the top international teams have a manager from there own country right?  We might aswell do the same and getting someone in who wont embarass us might mean we get far for a change 😊.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Most the top international teams have a manager from there own country right?  We might aswell do the same and getting someone in who wont embarass us might mean we get far for a change 😊.

So that rules out pretty much all the English managers willing to take the job then...

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Lee Cattermole to patrol England's midfield when Sam takes over!  :thumbup

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
So your FA looks to have learned nothing from the Roy Hodgson experience it seems, otherwise they wouldn't be looking at Fat Sam and Bruce

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan

Think your point ends there.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
Those Johnny Foreigners won't know what hit 'em

Football's coming home,

Let's unleash Big Sam on the football world

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Sam Allardyce is the regeneration man who can rebuild England http://www.theguardian.com/football...and-sunderland-manager?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Sam Allardyce is the sort of man who walks into a packed room and immediately dominates it. If that hardly ranks as a rare trait among football managers, particularly those standing 6ft 3in, the difference with Allardyce is that he really listens to what people are saying – and with a surprisingly open mind.

This approach has helped create one of the English game’s most innovative, three-dimensional thinkers whose fascination with, among many other things, sports science and statistics is underscored by sure-footed intuition.

At 61, Sunderland’s manager is surely the right man, in the right place, at the right time to not only breathe new life into the England team but challenge all sorts of dubious received wisdoms currently pervading Football Association philosophy. If Allardyce really was the binary, “hoof and hope” manager of popular caricature he would not have been able to rescue a deeply flawed Sunderland squad from a once seemingly inevitable relegation.

The difficulty of that job – dubbed “impossible” by his predecessor Dick Advocaat, who resigned in despair last October – should not be underestimated and is unlikely to be forgotten by any player involved. “I don’t think Sam needed much time to analyse us as either footballers or people,” says Younès Kaboul, the former Tottenham Hotspur centre-half who morphed from being a liability to a big reason whySunderland lost only one of their final 11 games last spring.

“Sam’s got so much experience that, for him, one week was enough to know us. To learn which way we should play and what we needed to do to improve. Sam knows football better than he knows his family. He knows exactly how to – how can I say it – upset the other team. He made us strong and solid. He’s shown us how to stay in games. And how to win. He’s also a very straight guy; you know what he’s thinking and, even if you don’t, he’s going to tell you.”

Fabio Borini, the team’s former Liverpool and Chelsea forward, is equally positive. “With some managers you switch off,” he acknowledges. “But you always listen to Sam.”

Allardyce’s imposing, sometimes misleadingly rough-and-ready presence is underscored by the sort of psychological and tactical subtleties that impressed Jan Kirchhoff after a midfielder coached by Pep Guardiola swapped Bayern Munich for Sunderland in January. “Pep’s the best coach in the world but Sam’s good,” Kirchhoff says. “His treatment of players, the way Sam speaks to us, is very good. His video analysis, too. I’ve had really bad coaches – but Sam’s a really good one.”

Perhaps it is down to Allardyce having “done the hard yards”. Allied to the sort of inquiring mind which has converted him to the benefits of near daily transcendental meditation, an impressively solid body of work embracing stints at Limerick, Preston, Blackpool, Notts County, Bolton, Newcastle, Blackburn, West Ham and now Sunderland dictates that he really does know how to set a team up for almost every occasion. Creditably, he has never been relegated from the Premier League but, despite leading Bolton into Europe and to the League Cup final, lacks the trophies to show for decades of mud-on-boots endeavour.

The absence of silverware is down to sheer lack of opportunity. As one of the first Premier League managers to deploy both psychology and Prozone analysis, he proved ahead of his time but was not seen as sufficiently “sophisticated” to be shortlisted for top jobs.

Increasingly chippy, the boy from Dudley in the west Midlands who had overcome undiagnosed childhood dyslexia lamented, repeatedly, how things would have been different if only his name were “Allardici”. Yet although those repeated digs contained uncomfortable truths about English football’s growing obsession with image and branding, there was more to his top‑table exclusion than sheer snobbery.

Despite signing some undeniably talented footballers, most notably Youri Djorkaeff and Jay-Jay Okocha at Bolton, he had a tendency to limit individual players’ potential by restricting them to performing very specific roles, often creativity stifling ones. If Bolton’s football was not quite as direct as advertised, assorted rival managers – most notably Rafael Benítez and Arsène Wenger – did not appreciate Allardyce’s deployment of gamesmanship. One notorious “black art” involved his teams’ ability to escape unpunished despite repeated indulgence in the Kevin Nolan speciality otherwise known as blatantly obstructing opposition goalkeepers.

Advertisement
A sometimes uneasy on the eye, safety-first modus operandi, bigger on destruction than construction, contributed to both his downfall at Newcastle and a frequently awkward relationship with West Ham fans. Many Upton Park regulars were apparently secretly delighted when José Mourinho deemed “Big Sam’s” football “19th century”. But people can change and Allardyce appeared to undergo an epiphany at West Ham, where he ultimately produced a surprisingly multifaceted side featuring the clever use of Stewart Downing in “the hole.”

Similarly, Sunderland proved unexpectedly low on balls crashed into the corners last season. Having taken the boldly controversial step of fielding the diminutive Jermain Defoe as a lone striker, Allardyce turned tactical chameleon and ensured team-mates supplied the low, smartly angled passes a forward capped 55 times by England craved. “Sam’s 100% good enough for England,” Defoe says. “Football’s about results – and he’s a winner.”

Infinitely less chippy and, by his own admission, “much mellowed” – he even has kind words for Benítez and Wenger these days – Allardyce is also a man finally comfortable in his own skin.

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
I hope Sam does get it, as someone who wants to see the national team well it will be something different to what we've been served up recently.

He certainly won't give a toss what the press say or about upsetting ego and dropping the big names. I could see him doing reasonably well to be honest.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
I could get behind the Big Sam England circus, it'll be a laugh and they probably won't win a thing.