Author Topic: Just what has happened to Norwich City FC...  (Read 6413 times)

Offline Red_Heart87

• Main Stander
  • "With Hope in Your Heart"
Just what has happened to Norwich City FC...
« on: April 30, 2009, 09:17:11 pm »
Evening all,

I was speaking to my Dad (Lifelong Norwich City fan) this evening about the current state of affairs at his club, and preparations for league 1 football next season! As we carried on about this that and the other, he mentioned an interesting thread that was opened on his favorite forum (pinkun.co.uk).

This particular thread was opened by a Liverpool fan asking just what has happened to Norwich City since relegation from the Premier League not so long back.

I was wondering if anyone one RAWK has heard\seen this and may know if the same person posts on here? The article was well written and gone down really well throughout fellow canaries my Dad knows.

I was also wondering if anybody feels the same way about the team in the sticks!

Cheers in advance....

Hi Canary Fans Liverpool fan here with some questions?

Whatever happened to Norwich City? I have felt the need to join your forum to express my views and find some answers to the possible demise of a proud family club.

Norwich City: One of the last few teams to play proper passing football.

Norwich City: The last team to play in front of the Spion Kop, and a good game of passing football with genuine respect between fans of the beautiful game.

Norwich City: Unexpected passers of the ball in a great european run, with an awesome goal by Goss if i remember.

Norwich City: Genuine rumours on Merseyside of a certain Darren Huckerby joining to replace Patrick Berger, stayed bloody loyal to you guys, Missed a great opportunity for himself for you the fans. Massive respect to him and to you for keeping him. Dumped by that rodent guy. Most fouled player in the league during your Premier League season.

Norwich City: Charlton and Southampton can go down, but i read that you still have 25,000 sellouts and that you cant get a season ticket for next year.

Norwich City: On the ball city, never mind the danger (or something like that). The oldest song in football ive read somewhere.

Norwich City: Despite losing out on Europe because of the actions of a few Liverpool louts, I saw 3 of your scarves on the Shankly gates, a different class of fan.

Norwich City: Respected on my part of Merseyside for passing the ball, the way Shankly would enjoy. We loved the 2-0 against Fergies Mancs as well.

Norwich City: For me and my mates, can you tell us what happened to the beautiful game at Carrow Road?

Norwich City: You have some fans in Liverpool that will be praying that results go for you this weekend. You simply do not deserve to go down with your proud history of passing football.

Norwich City: Good Luck this weekend!

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1657522/ShowPost.aspx

Mods: Feel free to lock if this is not right place etc. Apologies in advance if so!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 09:18:58 pm by Red_Heart87 »

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Just what has happened to Norwich City FC...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:30:43 pm »
No idea who the poster of that is. But I did want to say that I hope they stay up, I've always liked Norwich as a city and as a football club. Watched my first ever Liverpool game there when Steve Harkness scored and Ian Rush got a late winner. Had some great nights out in Norwich too.

Offline Dick_Emre

• Kopite
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 11:07:30 pm »
I've  never really had any problem with Norwich City until I recently discovered that  horrible old fucking stammering windbag called Mick Dennis supported them.

#PardewForEngland

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 11:11:15 pm »
They sold Chris Sutton and and it all went down hill from what little I can remember.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 11:16:57 pm »
I never liked them, but then I had a soft spot for Ipswich, cos my favourite Ireland player played for them...
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 11:18:51 pm »
Pinkun.com eh?

Just like the good old 'Pen Island.com'

You can't kid a kidda  ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 11:20:30 pm by JimmyGrunt »
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 11:48:33 pm »
Norwich City: Despite losing out on Europe because of the actions of a few Liverpool louts, I saw 3 of your scarves on the Shankly gates, a different class of fan.

Liverpool fan: Blert.

Offline Operation Hennessey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #7 on: May 1, 2009, 02:34:51 am »
always quite liked Norwich especially when they had the team with Jeremy Goss, Ruel Fox, Efan Ekoku etc. After that they were fucked.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #8 on: May 1, 2009, 03:36:37 am »
They sold Chris Sutton and and it all went down hill from what little I can remember.

I remeber when the manager..Mike Walker? fucked them off for Everton and totally failed.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Martyn.

• Nearly 20 and still a virgin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 1, 2009, 08:27:11 am »
What does everyone think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre ;)?
Number 9

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 1, 2009, 08:33:04 am »
What happened to Norwich? The absolute correct thing, according to my Ipswich Seasie ticket holding work colleague!
« Last Edit: May 1, 2009, 09:07:13 am by Red Punjab »

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 1, 2009, 12:44:06 pm »
Norwich City: Respected on my part of Merseyside for passing the ball, the way Shankly would enjoy. We loved the 2-0 against Fergies Mancs as well.

Was at that game.  Think it was one of the early ITV live games, seem to remember it lashed down.  Must have been around 1988.  Was living in Norwich at the time and if I couldn't make it to our game, used to go down to Carrow Road if they were at home or for midweek games.  Was about £3 or £4 in those days.  And they always did try to play football which is why I still look out for their results. 

Offline penfold102

• It remains unclear as to whether "102" refers to my IQ or my dad's age - let RAWK decide! :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 1, 2009, 01:30:30 pm »
Good knowledgable set of fans too. I remember reading two of my favourite football books about 10 years ago. It was by a Norwich fan called Kevin Baldwin and the books were called This Supporting Life and Norfolk n' Good. Brilliant reads and I would recommend them highly.

Anyone else read these before?
Fils et pere - Trade count of 35+

What's tomato with you?

Offline Red_Heart87

• Main Stander
« Reply #13 on: May 1, 2009, 02:11:06 pm »
Good knowledgable set of fans too. I remember reading two of my favourite football books about 10 years ago. It was by a Norwich fan called Kevin Baldwin and the books were called This Supporting Life and Norfolk n' Good. Brilliant reads and I would recommend them highly.

Anyone else read these before?

Think I recall my Dad having the Norfolk n' good book.

I'm a red through and through, think its fair to say I'm obsessed (that's what the missus tells me anyway) but it was my Dad that introduced me to my team when I was little, so I always have one eye on Norwich's results, just out of respect really and I kind of thank you.

It's strange, I'm a firm believer of one team only and forever an' all that but I'm really concerned for them at the moment. I was watching them on Sky the other night against Reading and it felt as if I were watching a Liverpool game! :(

Offline mjgill85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bees? Beads?
« Reply #14 on: May 1, 2009, 02:35:48 pm »
I went to uni there so it would be a shame to see them go down
What does everyone think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre ;)?
People forget that traders need access to Dixons
@_michaelgill

Offline safhossain03

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 1, 2009, 03:30:03 pm »
Fuck Norwich. Fuck Norfolk. Sarffolk for life. Or until you move out.

Offline Red_Heart87

• Main Stander
« Reply #16 on: May 2, 2011, 10:33:51 pm »
I opened this thread 2 years ago when Norwich were heading to League 1. It's amazing what has happened there over those 2 years especially being thrashed 7-1 at home during their 1st league game last season! Pleased for them, they do deserve to be at the top flight. Great to see them at Anfield again.

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #17 on: May 2, 2011, 10:37:20 pm »
Hire a Scottish manager and you will win. We've found this out on a number of occasions  :)

Shame the twats down the road have as well.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 2, 2011, 10:43:09 pm »
Hire a Scottish manager and you will win. We've found this out on a number of occasions  :)

Shame the twats down the road have as well.

Every team in the bloody division has one now!

The Jocks are invading, I tell yer. Won't be long now.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline Morientes-19

• Kopite
  • 61 matches / 12 goals
« Reply #19 on: May 2, 2011, 10:47:21 pm »
Phenominal turnaround. Paul Lambert has done a stunning job at Norwich to gain back-to-back promotions from League One to the Premier League.
18 League Titles • 7 FA Cup Titles • 8 League Cup Titles • 15 Community Shield Titles • 5 European Cup Titles • 3 UEFA Cup Titles • 3 European Super Cup Titles

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #20 on: May 2, 2011, 10:50:40 pm »

Unless you're Everton.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #21 on: May 2, 2011, 10:50:53 pm »
Should have won the league in 93 from what I remember.

I was at Anfield a few years back when we played them. Their fans seemed sound enough

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 2, 2011, 10:57:11 pm »
Come ooooooooooonnnnnnnn, let's be having yoooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu

Offline rushs-tash

• Kopite
  • "If you do X, Y & Z - Bob's your uncle"
« Reply #23 on: May 2, 2011, 11:01:04 pm »
They've been my second team since being in the prem in 94. Brilliant to see them back, be interesting to see how Holt performs in the top flight.

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 2, 2011, 11:02:20 pm »
Holy shit. Kanu is still playing football? His dodgy passport says he is 34 but he mush be pushing 40.

Offline Red_Heart87

• Main Stander
« Reply #25 on: May 2, 2011, 11:09:26 pm »
Holy shit. Kanu is still playing football? His dodgy passport says he is 34 but he mush be pushing 40.

My thoughts exactly. Glad I get another chance to see them at Anfield with my Dad. Something I thought wouldn't happen again. True about the Scottish managers, must be something in the water up there. Hope they can build On this now and stay up.

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 2, 2011, 11:13:19 pm »
I meant to say this in my post, but congrats on the promotion. I always seem to get excited for the fans of the promoted teams. Gives me a nice, warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 2, 2011, 11:14:43 pm »
They'll crash back down next year. Good to see them in the top flight though, really hope we give them Pachecho for a season of first team football in the PL!

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #28 on: May 2, 2011, 11:30:29 pm »
Really happy for Norwich will certainly pop up the road to Carrow Road and check out a few games next season.

Offline Jokerman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 3, 2011, 01:12:40 am »
I remember the 5-1 thrashing of Everton at Goodison very fondly. Ekoku got four I think. What a good side they had then, no superstar names but good players with a great team ethic who liked to play football in the right way. Mike Walker did a great job there. Then he nearly got Everton relegated which would have made him an even bigger hero, wasn't allowed to finish the job off sadly. Nice to see them back up again.
How come Aquilani wasn't in the squad today?

Solving the drought in East Africa with his fancy flicks.

Offline frikkibj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #30 on: May 3, 2011, 01:19:43 am »
how many teams have managed to get two promotions in a row including one to the PL

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 3, 2011, 01:35:35 am »
What a fucking amazing job Paul Lambert is doing.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #32 on: May 3, 2011, 05:41:36 am »
Congratulations Norwich.
YWNA

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #33 on: May 3, 2011, 05:50:57 am »
how many teams have managed to get two promotions in a row including one to the PL
I think wimbledon once got back to back promotions from the conference right upto the old first division. And I think wolves and palace have been promoted from the old division 4/league 2 right upto the old division one/premiership aswell.

Offline Djimothy

• Kopite
« Reply #34 on: May 3, 2011, 06:27:46 am »
well done norwich

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #35 on: May 3, 2011, 06:32:14 am »
According to Derek and Clive (Peter cook and Dudley moore) " Bunch of fucking wankers Norwich"

Offline rushs-tash

• Kopite
  • "If you do X, Y & Z - Bob's your uncle"
« Reply #36 on: May 3, 2011, 09:06:18 am »
Man City I think from a few years back.

Offline Jokerman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 3, 2011, 09:13:35 am »

It's more common than you'd think.
How come Aquilani wasn't in the squad today?

Solving the drought in East Africa with his fancy flicks.

Offline Dr_Evil

• Anny Roader
« Reply #38 on: May 3, 2011, 10:16:39 am »
It's more common than you'd think.
Has it not just been Man City in recent times?
Holy fuck lads I got family home. My computer isn't at a hidden place in the house. They saw the penis.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #39 on: May 3, 2011, 11:06:03 am »
fantastic achievement, although straight back down if you ask me :/