Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4008050 times)

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #1080 on: January 5, 2009, 11:52:53 pm »
cant believe you lot arent talking about the time of our lives program that was on sky.
btw franny lee was a hard little b@stard.

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1081 on: January 5, 2009, 11:54:07 pm »
cant believe you lot arent talking about the time of our lives program that was on sky.

I'm watching it later, when the Mrs fucks off to bed..

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1082 on: January 6, 2009, 12:36:25 am »
I remember that.
The club made a statement saying it wasn't their supporters but fans of other teams with Man Utd scarves on.
A bit like when they kick off abroad and the club lodges a complaint straight away about how poorly their wonderful supporters have been treated by the police.

Have a gander at these fucking angelic gobshites.

Tried to find this earlier....got it now.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KShbjJ5_xws&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jN9djmp_sjk&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IJuGzJ7BzSI&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qoDi8Ya-7XY&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hGCWO1U7vaQ&feature=related

The one falling through the roof
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ7juikRlUQ&feature=related
« Last Edit: January 6, 2009, 12:43:26 am by shanklyboy »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline jaydog

• Main Stander
« Last Edit: January 6, 2009, 01:49:21 am by jaydog »

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1084 on: January 6, 2009, 01:52:10 am »
Fucking hell memories(~), anybody wanna toss up the hardest player they ever seen.

In no particular order as it's far too difficult to quantify.

Gerry Byrne
Johnny Morrisey
Emlyn Hughes
Tommy Smith
Joe Jordan
Mark Hughes
Graeme Souness
Jimmy Case
Dave McKay
Stuart Pearce
Peter Storey
Kenny Burns
Roy Keane

None harder than Joe Louis though, ex World heavyweight champion who was on Liverpool's books (Yes I know it's an old joke)
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline jaydog

• Main Stander
« Reply #1085 on: January 6, 2009, 02:09:34 am »
In no particular order as it's far too difficult to quantify.

Gerry Byrne
Johnny Morrisey
Emlyn Hughes
Tommy Smith
Joe Jordan
Mark Hughes
Graeme Souness
Jimmy Case
Dave McKay
Stuart Pearce
Peter Storey
Kenny Burns
Roy Keane

None harder than Joe Louis though, ex World heavyweight champion who was on Liverpool's books (Yes I know it's an old joke)
  A bit of a mix in there past and present, was Gerry Byrne wasn't a huge guy, maybe am getting that one wrong.  Peter Storey from the Gooners double winning team, they loved Italians seem to remember(was it after the Fairs Cup they had a massive free for all).  Kenny Burns striker/sweeper wotever, good player too. The rest mmm hard enough pretty good too.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2009, 02:23:33 am by jaydog »

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1086 on: January 6, 2009, 02:43:41 am »
Just read all of this thread took me hours. Some great stories in here, makes me sad some of the times i've missed!
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: January 6, 2009, 03:34:16 am »
Just read all of this thread took me hours. Some great stories in here, makes me sad some of the times I've missed!

It's down to drug, alcohol and trophy winning induced euphoria mate.So you must be shattered after reading it all in one go.
Have a lie down and it will all be better in the morning.

Then again......I think there's a load more interesting stuff that is yet to be heard.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1088 on: January 6, 2009, 03:37:12 am »
  A bit of a mix in there past and present, was Gerry Byrne wasn't a huge guy, maybe am getting that one wrong.  Peter Storey from the Gooners double winning team, they loved Italians seem to remember(was it after the Fairs Cup they had a massive free for all).  Kenny Burns striker/sweeper wotever, good player too. The rest mmm hard enough pretty good too.

Gerry wasn't the biggest of players but playing a Cup Final plus extra time with a broken collar bone tells you how hard he was.
As my sainted Ma used to say " It's not the size of the man....it's the size of the fight in the man"

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: January 6, 2009, 09:50:52 am »
Kenny Burns striker/sweeper wotever, good player too.

He means Kenny Burns the Nottingham Forest centre half. Not the biggest of fellas, but had a great partnership with Larry Lloyd. Could play a bit but could also land you in row z with a well timed volley.

Watched the vids Shanks. Didn't get any sound with them, suppose that could have been a good thing. But I tell you what mate, that just proves me point.... see that one poor bastard getting it at the back of the stand. Well, you can't see him. He's on the deck, getting booted to fuck by that gang of shithouses. Bet he was no more than a kid an all. And the poor bird running off to the bizzies. Hardest lads in them vids... the ones with fuck all but a bit of stick and a tit on their head to protect them. And see how 3 or 4 of them fucked them all right off back to Milton Keynes and Luton without a peep. Shithouses.

Would have liked to have seen that time of our lives thing, but I haven't got the station. I watched The Thriller In Manilla though. What memories that brought back. And Muhamad Ali and Joe Frazier, now they was hard.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2009, 10:11:00 am by FAT SCOUSER »
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We write our own history
« Reply #1090 on: January 6, 2009, 09:54:40 am »
He means Kenny Burns the Nottingham Forest centre half. Not the biggest of fellas, but had a great partnership with Larry Lloyd. Could play a bit but could also land you in row z with a well timed volley.

Watched the vids Shanks. Didn't get any sound with them, suppose that could have been a good thing. But I tell you what mate, that just proves me point.... see that one poor bastard getting it at the back of the stand. Well, you can't see him. He's on the deck, getting booted to fuck by that gang of shithouses. Bet he was no more than a kid an all. And the poor bird running off to the bizzies. Hardest lads in them vids... the ones with fuck all but a bit of stick and a tit on their head to protect them. And see how 3 or 4 of them fucked them all right off back to Milton Keynes and Luton without a peep. Shithouses.

Would have liked to have seen that time of our lives thing, but I haven't got the station. I watched The Thriller In Manilla though. What memories that brought back. And Muhamad Ali and Joe Louis, now they was hard.
I am sure one of the young guns will get a tape of the programme off to you mate if you ask them?
2013/2014 My 51st year with hope in my heart

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: January 6, 2009, 09:55:27 am »

I was more worried about trying to get past my Ma without explaining why my clobber was shredded.

Is right. The most fearsome people in this thread.... the Ma's. I used to be one little c*nt and then terrified to go home and get sussed. I always tried to sneak straight up the dancers but always got collared. she still used to twat me when I was in me teens. No wonder I fucked off from home when I was 15.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1092 on: January 6, 2009, 09:57:58 am »
Laughed me bollacks off at that c*nt going through the roof. And if I was one of them bizzie's, that probably got him to ozzie and cared for, I would have charged the c*nt with criminal damage, attempted theft of abestos, and being a Prize Prick.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1093 on: January 6, 2009, 10:05:31 am »
Does anybody remember the fella who used to take the pictures down town, in the night clubs and pubs on weekend nights. A nicker for a picture of you and your bird, or probably all with all your mates for you ugly fellas. He worked all Liverpool but was always in The Grafton, always wore a suit and tie, had a full beard?

Not a very big fella, about 6 foot but only slim build. Well, he was one of the hardest men I have ever known in me life, fast as fuck with a dig like Tyson on him. He didn't really go the footy. But he came to us with Leeds once, midweek, night game. We was in some pub, 5 of us, and about 20 of them laid into us. Fuck me. He fucking went through the lot of them with a pool que and twatted one fella over the head with a fire extinguisher, proper twatted him. He fucking loved it. Nutter, proper nutter.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: January 6, 2009, 10:06:01 am »

And Muhamad Ali and Joe Louis, now they was hard.
So was Boo.....Smokin' Joe  Frazier...top man
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: January 6, 2009, 10:10:15 am »
So was Boo.....Smokin' Joe  Frazier...top man
Oh fuck me. What a knob. That's with reading Shanks post about Joe Louis. I sort of wrote it on auto pilot. Got to get another hobby.

But did you see it though mate. It was a great documentary. And Joe still fucking hates Ali. A shame really but he won't forgive him for all the badness.

PS... I just straightened it out, but you can still give me the stick it deserves.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1096 on: January 6, 2009, 10:16:12 am »
Oh fuck me. What a knob. That's with reading Shanks post about Joe Louis. I sort of wrote it on auto pilot. Got to get another hobby.

But did you see it though mate. It was a great documentary. And Joe still fucking hates Ali. A shame really but he won't forgive him for all the badness.

PS... I just straightened it out, but you can still give me the stick it deserves.
Yes I thought you had done that.....to be honest  I felt really fuckin sad watching it all  what with the old trainer  fidgeting with that bit of paper  while telling us what happened...I felt old..like Joe with his stick..Pacheco  slagging the pair of them and Dundee  for going on......and the cell phone message...fuckin ell

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1097 on: January 6, 2009, 10:17:09 am »
I am sure one of the young guns will get a tape of the programme off to you mate if you ask them?
A link would be good. It's bound to get posted on the net somewhere. I'll keep me eye out for it in the thread.
And sorry for hogging the thread. I've got fuck all to do until me grandaughter gets here. Love babysitting her, but I hate this time of year. I don't graft in January, market trader, so no point standing in a freezing cold street all day for fuck all. But can't wait to get back to work.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2009, 11:14:20 am by FAT SCOUSER »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1098 on: January 6, 2009, 10:18:35 am »
Yes I thought you had done that.....to be honest  I felt really fuckin sad watching it all  what with the old trainer  fidgeting with that bit of paper  while telling us what happened...I felt old..like Joe with his stick..Pacheco  slagging the pair of them and Dundee  for going on......and the cell phone message...fuckin ell
Got a tear in me eye mate. Crying shame and that message he's brother played... oh well, hard man.
Take me a minute to write this, but I'll have a go now...

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: January 6, 2009, 10:28:27 am »
When I was a young lad, I used to go with a girl who's Granda fought for the world fly weight title. Some of you might know of him, great Liverpool fighter, Joe Curran. He fought in the days of Benny Lynch and Rinty Monighan. Well, he ended up dying of cancer back in the early 80's - lunge cancer, poor c*nt had never had a ciggie in his life. They reckon it was asbestosis from being at sea.

Anyway, we had a fucking big massive surprise do for him in some dead posh hotel or club or something in Woolton or somewhere. I remember the gaff but not the place.

Anyway Joe was nuts. He used to go to bed at 8 o'clock everynight, with camoline lotion all over his face and get up at 6 to do his excercises. But he loved the girl I was with, so they made us go and get him. We had to drag him out with us. As we walked him into the hotel, they'd done it great. A big pair of sliding doors opened up. As they opened there was a big poster of Joe on the wall, in his hey day, in his kit. They must have had it blown up from a photograph. As we walked Joe in, we linked him on either side, he was frail by then, all the people in the gaff started cheering and clapping.
Then a song went on... When Irish Eyes are smiling. Someone had somehow got hold of a recording of Rinty Monighan, the great Irish fighter singing it. Apparently he used to sing it before/after every fight.

I looked down at Joe. He had tears in his eyes. I had never heard the auld c*nt say a nice word in my life. He was a hard man. I thought, fuck me, he's going to be nice here.
I smiled at him, said you okay Joe?
Joe: Do you hear that fella son?
Me: Yeah.
Joe: I punched that c*nt red raw.

HA! that's hard.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2009, 11:14:59 am by FAT SCOUSER »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: January 6, 2009, 10:54:34 am »
Joe fought Jackie Paterson for the fly weight title in Hampden. I found some Old Pathe news of it. I've seen it before, years ago back in the 80's. Here's a link....
http://www.britishpathe.com/product_display.php?searchword=Joe+Curran&Search.x=18&Search.y=18

But you have to pay to download it. Worth just taking a look at the still photos on there though. If I remember rightly, it was the highest ever attendance at Hampden, 100 and odd thousand.

He was a great man Joe....
« Last Edit: January 6, 2009, 10:58:44 am by FAT SCOUSER »

Offline larrylimestreet

• Kopite
« Reply #1101 on: January 6, 2009, 11:26:39 am »
Is taht Joe Curran who lived in Kirkby when he was old?

All his family emigrated to the States?
Torpedoed in the war, had hundreds of fights?

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1102 on: January 6, 2009, 11:26:52 am »
When I was a young lad, I used to go with a girl who's Granda fought for the world fly weight title. Some of you might know of him, great Liverpool fighter, Joe Curran. He fought in the days of Benny Lynch and Rinty Monighan. Well, he ended up dying of cancer back in the early 80's - lunge cancer, poor c*nt had never had a ciggie in his life. They reckon it was asbestosis from being at sea.

Anyway, we had a fucking big massive surprise do for him in some dead posh hotel or club or something in Woolton or somewhere. I remember the gaff but not the place.

Anyway Joe was nuts. He used to go to bed at 8 o'clock everynight, with camoline lotion all over his face and get up at 6 to do his excercises. But he loved the girl I was with, so they made us go and get him. We had to drag him out with us. As we walked him into the hotel, they'd done it great. A big pair of sliding doors opened up. As they opened there was a big poster of Joe on the wall, in his hey day, in his kit. They must have had it blown up from a photograph. As we walked Joe in, we linked him on either side, he was frail by then, all the people in the gaff started cheering and clapping.
Then a song went on... When Irish Eyes are smiling. Someone had somehow got hold of a recording of Rinty Monighan, the great Irish fighter singing it. Apparently he used to sing it before/after every fight.

I looked down at Joe. He had tears in his eyes. I had never heard the auld c*nt say a nice word in my life. He was a hard man. I thought, fuck me, he's going to be nice here.

HA! that's hard.
Brilliant that FS....bit of a coincidence because Joe fought a guy called Peter Kane a couple of times..once at Anfield. Peter preceded Paterson  as World Champion  although he was really a bantamweight and lost to Paterson eventually. I had the pleasure of spending a bit of time with Peter when he was in his fifties and he was a really nice bloke. Imagine coming out to fight in front of 100,000 screaming Glaswegians! They don't make em like they used to.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2009, 11:48:24 am by OLDSCROTE »

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #1103 on: January 6, 2009, 12:33:35 pm »

I was an 85 onwards to about 95. 

Roughly the same as kind sir here. 

Youse are all right about Southampton away end. Couldnt see fuck all. Anyone remember when Paul Walsh chinned Kevin Bond in the Milk Cup Semis in 87?

Have to agree with Terry D about Oxfords ground being a dive.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: January 6, 2009, 12:57:07 pm »
Is taht Joe Curran who lived in Kirkby when he was old?

All his family emigrated to the States?
That's the man mate.
Brilliant that FS....bit of a coincidence because Joe fought a guy called Peter Kane a couple of times..once at Anfield. Peter preceded Paterson  as World Champion  although he was really a bantamweight and lost to Paterson eventually. I had the pleasure of spending a bit of time with Peter when he was in his fifties and he was a really nice bloke. Imagine coming out to fight in front of 100,000 screaming Glaswegians! They don't make em like they used to.
I'm not sure, but I think it was Peter Kane who Joe loved. It's a long time ago now, and Joe never really talked about boxing wouldn't even watch it on telly. But one time, when he was sick, he spoke about some fellas he'd scrapped. I think he had time for Peter Kane.

He was a great fella though, and I was priveledged to know him.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: January 6, 2009, 01:00:13 pm »

they reckon he had over 500 fights. He's only got about 150 on his official record though. And to the best of me knowledge, he was torpedoed twice in the war. I know for certain he was in the north sea for something like 24 hours and had a fight 48 hours after he got plucked out of it. I'm just not sure of the exact timing now, as I say it was a long time ago. But he was one tough old fucker.

Offline harvey-tuttle

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • "It's not where you're from, it's where you're at"
    • ELSON
« Reply #1106 on: January 6, 2009, 02:04:43 pm »
Ipswich was OK and typical of the era..remember a special atmosphere there the week after Lennon was shot and the DJ played all Beatles records before the game

Away ends where always crap ..but up until the seats went in I always thought the Anny road was the best end in the league for away fans....the terracing design that is  ;)

hated Ipswich was just terrible to get to, by train at least, and open end, i remember a dismall afternoon losing 2-0 and going all the way back through london & all..early 70's
still those down days didnt last long, we battered them every game from then on until they went down...
Freelance Subversive..
may the RED force be with you...
YNWA-J4t96

Offline harvey-tuttle

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • "It's not where you're from, it's where you're at"
    • ELSON
« Reply #1107 on: January 6, 2009, 02:08:48 pm »
p.s. sorry, but anyone wan t a box of vhs video casettes with games my departed missus copied for me when I was away travelling..mostly end 70's & 80's - (send me a PM) ok..sorry for the distraction on this great thread! ;)
Freelance Subversive..
may the RED force be with you...
YNWA-J4t96

Offline larrylimestreet

• Kopite
« Reply #1108 on: January 6, 2009, 02:13:32 pm »
He was married to me Grandma's sister, meaning, he was me Da's uncle mate.
His son, same name, retired in Naples Florida now.
I visited him as a little kid with me Da a few times

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1109 on: January 6, 2009, 02:55:28 pm »

HA! that's hard.

That, my friend, is Post of the Season. An absolute Terry McDermott of a winner.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1110 on: January 6, 2009, 03:06:26 pm »
Roughly the same as kind sir here. 

Youse are all right about Southampton away end. Couldnt see fuck all. Anyone remember when Paul Walsh chinned Kevin Bond in the Milk Cup Semis in 87?
1st leg at The Dell.. Ha Ha!!!  ;D What  a right hook that was. Bond was snapping at Walsh's heels all the way through the first half until Paul snapped just after the 2nd half started and gave the big dozy c*nt a good smack that floored him. A straight red. But I remember Walsh walking off before the ref even came near him.  ;D

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1111 on: January 6, 2009, 03:26:24 pm »

1st leg at The Dell.. Ha Ha!!!  ;D What  a right hook that was. Bond was snapping at Walsh's heels all the way through the first half until Paul snapped just after the 2nd half started and gave the big dozy c*nt a good smack that floored him. A straight red. But I remember Walsh walking off before the ref even came near him.  ;D

That's the one.

I sent a story of that night to the lads behind the book Tales From The Travelling Kop. Funny as fuck. I'll check me e mail to see if it's attched to something as cant be arsed typing it out again.

On a sadder note I was about 5 yards from Kevin Mac when he snapped his leg at The Dell. If I remember correctly the fella next to me fainted.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1112 on: January 6, 2009, 03:31:46 pm »

Found it mate.

My two favourite grounds were Villa and Man City. The reasons were like I said before about the wooden floors in the stands and we awlays seemed to take loads to these games and the support was more local then if you went to the likes of Southampton or Oxford. I do remember one night at Southampton in The Milk Cup Semis in The 86/87 season. It was the game when Paul Walsh got sent off for chinning Kevin Bond. We all got down there about 4 bells in the afternoon and the coaches dropped us off outside an all girls school. Speaking of school I jumped over the wall after morning assembly that morning and told my form teacher about a dentist appointement I had that day. It was a toss up of double maths and R.E and going to the south coast to watch the red men. Easy choice eh!  Anyhow when we gets off the coach we notice that a hockey game is taking place on the school field and we all piled over. We all started to cheer for the team playing in red and it wasn't long before the usual shouts started like I'll love to shag you Miss and similar to that. All of a suddden the team in red scores and it sparked a mini pitch invasion and it was as funny as. I rememebr the teachers patience was staring to wear thin and she screamed at one of the lads to get off the pitch. this lad turns around with his face like a famers arse on a cold day and says. Iam sorry Miss. Hilararity ensued. I still don't remember the score that day but we must have won as we went on to play Arsenal in the finals and lost 2-1 and this was the first time that we lost when Ian Rush had scored first.

;D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline andeeeee

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1113 on: January 6, 2009, 05:24:53 pm »
Going across London in the seventies and Eighties by tube to Liverpool games was like being in the film "The Warriors"  heading for "home" at Euston we always seemed to come across different gangs ( depending on who was at home) ...it was like "the Scousers are in town" brought out everyone....thankfully being a shithouse I (we!) managed to avoid any shit ( except once with West Ham fans on a bus!..ouch!)....dunno what us Scousers ever done to upset them so much!

#We're not like Everton , we don't get done at Kensington#  ;)

new street was always a scary place , always had to get connections after the coventry  games . after one game at villa , we were walking back to the car , walked by one side street and it was like zulu dawn i freaking crapped myself .

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: January 6, 2009, 05:25:32 pm »
That, my friend, is Post of the Season. An absolute Terry McDermott of a winner.
Thanks Yorky. Not down to me though. I could tell you tale after tale about him.  He was quite the charachter Little Joe.

He was married to me Grandma's sister, meaning, he was me Da's uncle mate.
His son, same name, retired in Naples Florida now.
I visited him as a little kid with me Da a few times
That's the fella mate. I must have known your Grandma's sister an all then - Mary her name was. Trying to think of her second name, can't at the minute. It was Italian though. I knew all the family. But I only met Joe the son a couple of times. He'd be knocking on 70 now I think.

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1115 on: January 6, 2009, 05:46:07 pm »
Found it mate.

My two favourite grounds were Villa and Man City. The reasons were like I said before about the wooden floors in the stands and we awlays seemed to take loads to these games and the support was more local then if you went to the likes of Southampton or Oxford. I do remember one night at Southampton in The Milk Cup Semis in The 86/87 season. It was the game when Paul Walsh got sent off for chinning Kevin Bond. We all got down there about 4 bells in the afternoon and the coaches dropped us off outside an all girls school. Speaking of school I jumped over the wall after morning assembly that morning and told my form teacher about a dentist appointement I had that day. It was a toss up of double maths and R.E and going to the south coast to watch the red men. Easy choice eh!  Anyhow when we gets off the coach we notice that a hockey game is taking place on the school field and we all piled over. We all started to cheer for the team playing in red and it wasn't long before the usual shouts started like I'll love to shag you Miss and similar to that. All of a suddden the team in red scores and it sparked a mini pitch invasion and it was as funny as. I rememebr the teachers patience was staring to wear thin and she screamed at one of the lads to get off the pitch. this lad turns around with his face like a famers arse on a cold day and says. Iam sorry Miss. Hilararity ensued. I still don't remember the score that day but we must have won as we went on to play Arsenal in the finals and lost 2-1 and this was the first time that we lost when Ian Rush had scored first.

;D

Great stuff kesey.  :D

The first leg was a 0-0 draw and we won the 2nd leg 3-0 at Anfield. I remember the final being a bit of a cagey game, and like you said when Rushie scored, thinking we've won this now. But then Charlie big bollocks Nicholas got 2 for them..
>:(  Still, it was another good day out at Anfield south with many a service station getting ripped on the way home.. ;)

Offline larrylimestreet

• Kopite
« Reply #1116 on: January 6, 2009, 06:20:35 pm »
FS It was Baccino.

They started a new family in America but he didnt like Yanks (wish he was here now) and
wouldnt go.

Any stories of him appreciated. I'll tell me Da, he'll be made up.
He loved Joey

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1117 on: January 6, 2009, 06:39:09 pm »
FS It was Baccino.

They started a new family in America but he didnt like Yanks (wish he was here now) and
wouldnt go.

Any stories of him appreciated. I'll tell me Da, he'll be made up.
He loved Joey
Loads of Baccino's used to Englisize their name to Butcher,with being from Town,i knew quite a few of the Baccino's/Butchers.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1118 on: January 6, 2009, 06:43:26 pm »
Loads of Baccino's used to Englisize their name to Butcher,with being from Town,i knew quite a few of the Baccino's/Butchers.
That's them Gedo mate. They had family called Butcher. I knew a few of them. I think they came from Cazzeneau Street originally

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We write our own history
« Reply #1119 on: January 6, 2009, 06:49:24 pm »
A branch of our family live off cazzeneau st, the Riozzi's, FS, william henry st,
2013/2014 My 51st year with hope in my heart