Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 757052 times)

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #3760 on: August 21, 2020, 10:38:16 pm »
The way to show that you are not injury prone and durable is to play the full game week in week out. You only have three subs so if you include injuries 80% of your outfield players need to play the 90 minutes. Ox and Keita are nowhere that level.

That is why they are miles behind the likes of Gini, Hendo and Fabinho.

That’s very true. Now I love Naby. Really rate him and much higher than Ox. But I’d be mad not to recognize Naby is also regrettably injury prone. Not got the stats on that either but he just is.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3761 on: August 21, 2020, 10:39:45 pm »
It’s really not, but as you’re infatuated with my opinions I can see why you’d bend it. If a player played eg 1 minute every game all season, whilst he played 38 games it’s not the same as a player who played 38x90 minutes. The fact is Ox can’t get in our first x1 and can’t reliably stay fit for playing 90 minutes all season or 90 minutes consistently at all or in fact consistently over a season for say a half. He’s injury prone. It’s unfortunate but anyone other than the most biased red will recognize that.

IF HE CAN'T GET INTO OUR XI  whilst healthy, that means that the isn't good enough. Not that he isn't fit enough. He's been reliable available for two of the 3 seasons. That's more than half, more than you have claimed. Which again, you're moving the goalposts.

But please continue.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #3762 on: August 21, 2020, 10:40:08 pm »
The way to show that you are not injury prone and durable is to play the full game week in week out. You only have three subs so if you include injuries 80% of your outfield players need to play the 90 minutes. Ox and Keita are nowhere that level.

Origi wasn't injured a lot, why didn't he play 90 minutes week in, week out?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3763 on: August 21, 2020, 10:44:05 pm »
It’s really not, but as you’re infatuated with my opinions I can see why you’d bend it. If a player played eg 1 minute every game all season, whilst he played 38 games it’s not the same as a player who played 38x90 minutes. The fact is Ox can’t get in our first x1 and can’t reliably stay fit for playing 90 minutes all season or 90 minutes consistently at all or in fact consistently over a season for say a half. He’s injury prone. It’s unfortunate but anyone other than the most biased red will recognize that.

Why would anyone be infatuated with your opinions? ;D Unless they were comedy writers, in which case your could do them for plagiarism.

Ox reliably stayed fit last season, all season. He wasn’t struggling to get in the team because he was injured, or recovering from injury. It was because we have a clear first choice midfield which he isn’t a part of. As with his first season here. He doesn’t need to play 38 x 90 minutes because he’s a squad player. He also plays in a position that’s generally where people get subbed off, you surely can’t be so naive to just ignore that? He plays furthest forward in a midfield three. If we’re chasing a game and bringing on an attacking player, he’s most likely to get taken off. If we’re winning a game and want more control, he’s most likely to be taken off.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Reeves

• Legacy Fan
    • RAWK
« Reply #3764 on: August 21, 2020, 10:47:48 pm »
IF HE CAN'T GET INTO OUR XI  whilst healthy, that means that the isn't good enough. Not that he isn't fit enough. He's been reliable available for two of the 3 seasons. That's more than half, more than you have claimed. Which again, you're moving the goalposts.

But please continue.

But it’s not two points is it. A player’s fitness is very much influential on whether he starts . Ox doesn’t start that much. He gets either taken off or brought on. In either case he can’t cope with 90 minutes and has more injuries than most. My simply point is he’s injury prone and being told he maybe played 30 times in a season, the vast majority of which are either starts when he’s take off
to prevent his injuries or when he’s limited to the last 30-10 minutes to avoid injuries is hardly going to change my opinion is it. He’s not a 90 minute player. He’s injury prone. I really don’t think it’s that controversial. All my mates if other clubs agree and so do Arsenal fans. I suspect Ox does too

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #3765 on: August 21, 2020, 10:50:34 pm »
Unlucky for him. Get well soon OX.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3766 on: August 21, 2020, 10:54:47 pm »
Origi wasn't injured a lot, why didn't he play 90 minutes week in, week out?

Firstly Origi didn't come here as a player with a patchy injury record then unfortunately get a career threatening injury.

Secondly Origi isn't the 7th most expensive player we have ever bought.

Thirdly players tend to get injured playing Football. Ox tends to get injured without actually playing that many games.

I really like Ox and I really like Keita. I prefer our balance when either one of them plays but be serious here they both have durability issues.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3767 on: August 21, 2020, 10:56:54 pm »
But it’s not two points is it. A player’s fitness is very much influential on whether he starts . Ox doesn’t start that much. He gets either taken off or brought on. In either case he can’t cope with 90 minutes and has more injuries than most

Again for the umpteenth time, there is no statistical analysis that shows why a player was taken off. Whether it's because he couldn't physically last for 90 minutes or because of the nature of the match and therefore influenced by a tactical reason.  It is quite clear that regaining fitness after said injury takes time, but saying that anytime he's taken off it's because of lack of fitness is pure conjuncture on your part.

My simply point is he’s injury prone and being told he maybe played 30 times in a season, the vast majority of which are either starts when he’s take off

Except that isn't the case. He's again played over 40 games in 2 out of the 3 seasons. And since said statement you've been moving goal posts, as you clearly said that we must accept that he will only be available for half a season. He was available for all of his first season bar the last two months, and all of this past season.

the vast majority of which are either starts when he’s take off
to prevent his injuries or when he’s limited to the last 30-10 minutes to avoid injuries is hardly going to change my opinion is it.

Again conjuncture as to why he gets taken off. unless you're Jurgen Klopp himself.

He’s not a 90 minute player

Except when he does play 90 minutes.

All my mates if other clubs agree and so do Arsenal fans.

Well it must be true if all your mates say it? I mean I have plenty of mates who don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to football, so just because they may be saying something doesn't make it true.

Arsenal fans would be correct, as he was injury prone at ARSENAL as I already pointed out on numerous occasions in this thread.

WHAT I have specifically discussed is your point about him not being available for more than half the time HERE. I am not arsed about Arsenal.

I am talking about here. Specifically. he's been available more than half the time for 2 out of the 3 seasons, which would be the majority.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3768 on: August 21, 2020, 11:01:09 pm »
But it’s not two points is it. A player’s fitness is very much influential on whether he starts . Ox doesn’t start that much. He gets either taken off or brought on. In either case he can’t cope with 90 minutes and has more injuries than most. My simply point is he’s injury prone and being told he maybe played 30 times in a season, the vast majority of which are either starts when he’s take off to prevent his injuries or when he’s limited to the last 30-10 minutes to avoid injuries is hardly going to change my opinion is it. He’s not a 90 minute player. He’s injury prone. I really don’t think it’s that controversial. All my mates if other clubs agree and so do Arsenal fans. I suspect Ox does too

Translated My simple point is he’s injury prone and being told he maybe played 30 times in a season, the vast majority of which are either starts when he’s taken off to prevent injury or when he’s limited to the last 30 minutes to prevent injury is hardly going to change my opinion is it?

No Reeves, it’s not going to change your opinion. But that’s because you’ve already decided something is factual when you have literally no idea if it is or not, and actually a huge likelihood that it’s not. You’ve already got a pre conceived idea that every decision is made because he’s injury prone, that’s your issue in general. It’s like when you’ve slaughtered Minamino, it won’t matter if he plays well because you’ve already decided he’s crap. Or when you say Trent shouldn’t take free kicks because he’s shit at them. You dream up these ‘facts’ and then double down on them. The likely facts are actually that Ox was subbed off because of game management.

He wasn’t our most subbed player by the way ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Reeves

• Legacy Fan
    • RAWK
« Reply #3769 on: August 21, 2020, 11:05:17 pm »
Quote from: You think you'd learn by now link=topic=336415.msg17321050#msg17321050 date=1598047014

[/quote
Simple question for you. Do you think Ox is more or less injury prone than the average player?

Offline Reeves

• Legacy Fan
    • RAWK
« Reply #3770 on: August 21, 2020, 11:14:33 pm »
No Reeves, it’s not going to change your opinion. But that’s because you’ve already decided something is factual when you have literally no idea if it is or not, and actually a huge likelihood that it’s not. You’ve already got a pre conceived idea that every decision is made because he’s injury prone, that’s your issue in general. It’s like when you’ve slaughtered Minamino, it won’t matter if he plays well because you’ve already decided he’s crap. Or when you say Trent shouldn’t take free kicks because he’s shit at them. You dream up these ‘facts’ and then double down on them. The likely facts are actually that Ox was subbed off because of game management.

He wasn’t our most subbed player by the way ;)

No need to make it personal please. I can cope with your infatuation of copying one of my opinions on every one of your posts  but to tie multiple opinions together to criticize me personally is a bit too far. Aside from that I have never slaughtered Mini. He seems ok. Some nice moments and some mediocre. He will improve however  I don’t think he fits in ours system at all though.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3771 on: August 21, 2020, 11:18:32 pm »
Our most subbed off player last season was Bobby by the way Reeves.

Do you think every time he was subbed off was because we were worried about injury?

Offline Reeves

• Legacy Fan
    • RAWK
« Reply #3772 on: August 21, 2020, 11:23:11 pm »

Do you think every time he was subbed off was because we were worried about injury?

No I don’t.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3773 on: August 21, 2020, 11:27:22 pm »

Bobby played 3001 minutes. Ox played 1492.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3774 on: August 21, 2020, 11:32:52 pm »

I disagree, he has shown he’s not injury prone by being available most of the time. He hasn’t played 90 minutes because either they are managing his minutes after a major injury or because he hasn’t performed as well as hoped for or because they decided to make a tactical change.

Does he need to improve when he plays, yes. But this injury prone thing is rubbish.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3775 on: August 21, 2020, 11:41:40 pm »
Bobby played 3001 minutes. Ox played 1492.

Thanks...?

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3776 on: August 21, 2020, 11:52:11 pm »
I disagree, he has shown he’s not injury prone by being available most of the time. He hasn’t played 90 minutes because either they are managing his minutes after a major injury or because he hasn’t performed as well as hoped for or because they decided to make a tactical change.

Does he need to improve when he plays, yes. But this injury prone thing is rubbish.

He was clearly injury prone at Arsenal. 

To prove that he is not injury prone at Liverpool then he has to play a consistent number of minutes. If he doesn't do that then quite clearly doubts remain about his fitness.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3777 on: August 22, 2020, 12:38:16 am »
He was clearly injury prone at Arsenal. 

To prove that he is not injury prone at Liverpool then he has to play a consistent number of minutes. If he doesn't do that then quite clearly doubts remain about his fitness.
He was more injury prone at Arsenal. He has not been injury prone for us. To play more minutes for us he’s going to have more impact more often which is going to be difficult given the players he’s up against are all excellent.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3778 on: August 22, 2020, 12:50:11 am »
Missing 30%+ of playing time since joining is injury prone.

It’s a real unfortunate one because he looked immense before the big injury against Roma. Hope there can be a long term solution to the injury issues.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3779 on: August 22, 2020, 12:55:03 am »
I’m on the side of injury prone, but also unlucky, on this senseless debate.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3780 on: August 22, 2020, 01:09:00 am »
He was more injury prone at Arsenal. He has not been injury prone for us. To play more minutes for us he’s going to have more impact more often which is going to be difficult given the players he’s up against are all excellent.

I am a fan of Ox but pretending he hasn't had huge injury problems at Liverpool is frankly ludicrous.

It is hard to find a Liverpool fan who doesn't love Ox when he is in form and breaking the lines and smashing shots in like he did against City.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3781 on: August 22, 2020, 01:22:01 am »
Oh for fucks sakes. You are capable of reading the English language. Nobody is pretending that he hasn't had a huge injury problem here, but thats because of one unfortunate injury, not multiple injuries throughout each season that he's been here ala Arsenal.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3782 on: August 22, 2020, 01:39:01 am »
I am a fan of Ox but pretending he hasn't had huge injury problems at Liverpool is frankly ludicrous.

It is hard to find a Liverpool fan who doesn't love Ox when he is in form and breaking the lines and smashing shots in like he did against City.
It’s not ludicrous it’s a fact. He had a big injury, aside from that he’s been available to play most of the time.

But I guess we’re all probably getting tired of the argument now and there are clearly some differing points of view on what constitutes injury prone.
This all stemmed from him being written off for this season by one or two and has perhaps escalated into something else.

Fingers crossed he gets fit soon and is able to show his best

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3783 on: August 22, 2020, 01:43:30 am »
Kinell you lot will literally argue with each other about anything on here [emoji23]

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3784 on: August 22, 2020, 01:57:58 am »
Kinell you lot will literally argue with each other about anything on here [emoji23]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xpAvcGcEc0k

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3785 on: August 22, 2020, 02:11:54 am »
Like that but times 100 [emoji23]

Offline Reeves

• Legacy Fan
    • RAWK

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3787 on: August 22, 2020, 06:56:55 pm »
I have a picture in my head of what I expect the Ox to be like, and its weird because I don't have that picture about anybody else in this team.

Let me try and explain. When I watch Ox I see a guy with the movement acceleration and shooting technique to be a goalscoring menace from midfield and whilst he doesn't do too badly in that regard I feel it could be so much more.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3788 on: August 23, 2020, 01:17:26 pm »
Really good footballer when he is on it.

Thought he struggled after lockdown to find rhythm and form but made a positive impact over the season.

Realistically, he will be out until October but hopefully come back ok.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3789 on: October 23, 2020, 01:02:15 pm »
Has there been any indication of what his injury is and when he's likely to be back?
Pretty much 2 months since the news of it broke.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3790 on: October 23, 2020, 01:07:36 pm »
Has there been any indication of what his injury is and when he's likely to be back?
Pretty much 2 months since the news of it broke.

Think its a knee injury

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3791 on: October 23, 2020, 02:54:36 pm »
Could do with him back given injury problems. Think he'll thrive with Thiago behind him too. No one better in the world at finding players between the lines, and it's when Ox is given it between the lines that he can do real damage with his ball carrying and shooting skills.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3792 on: October 23, 2020, 03:20:02 pm »
Honestly, I almost never think about him these days, nor consider his possible impact in evaluating where we'll end up in any competition.
He just kind of slipped into a peripheral role due to injuries.
Would be good to have him around for rotation, but that's about it.

Offline zadoktBeast

• Main Stander
« Reply #3793 on: October 23, 2020, 04:53:46 pm »
I love Chambo (refuse to call him Ox), nothing is better than watching him pick up from a turnover, charge through midfield with the ball and shoot. But I kind of feel that ever since teams have just started packing their defensive third against us and letting us have the ball, it's given him no space to run into, just brick walls.

on a side note, is he still going out with the girl from Small Pox?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3794 on: October 23, 2020, 05:06:20 pm »
I love Chambo (refuse to call him Ox)

So you refuse to call him one ridiculous nickname but you're more than happy to call him another ridiculous nickname? ;)

Offline zadoktBeast

• Main Stander
« Reply #3795 on: October 23, 2020, 05:15:06 pm »
So you refuse to call him one ridiculous nickname but you're more than happy to call him another ridiculous nickname? ;)

Yeah pretty much lol  ;D

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3796 on: October 23, 2020, 05:24:07 pm »
he was outstanding against Atletico.

Offline zadoktBeast

• Main Stander
« Reply #3797 on: October 23, 2020, 05:29:37 pm »
he was outstanding against Atletico.

Yes you're right, he was MOTM there 100% even though it goes against my argument

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #3798 on: October 23, 2020, 10:31:45 pm »
While I think Ox is still a valuable member of the squad, it will be a struggle for him to become a regular starter unless he is able to make himself undroppable (when fit).

Obviously with Jota coming in, he will find one route to starting games blocked off to a certain extent. I think both him and Keita will start less games because of VVDs absence as we will go with more workmanlike midfields with Thiago being the creative hub.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3799 on: October 24, 2020, 03:34:12 am »
With Fabinho possibly switching to the CB position regularly, there is a midfield slot open up for OX the grab and he should go for it.
Believer