Author Topic: Spiders....  (Read 147421 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Spiders
« Reply #80 on: May 5, 2011, 09:11:19 pm »
One word - huntsman.  :o

We get them in SA, call them rain spiders. Many a sleepless night at home...

We also get red romans. I hate them, was on a camping trip going up the orange river and encountered a few of them. They hate light so try and run to shady spots, normally your shadow is a shady spot so they tend to run after you.

I believe there is still a pic of me sitting on a drinks cooler trying to avoid it.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2011, 09:14:17 pm by Chakan »

Offline cim-pim-param

• cim-pim-param, chim-chim-chiroo
  • Legacy Fan
  • woOt
« Reply #81 on: May 5, 2011, 09:18:27 pm »
I don't hate them, I just don't like to wake up with one in my mouth.
To Be Or NoT To Be?! ravelizard
 http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #82 on: May 5, 2011, 09:34:26 pm »
We get them in SA, call them rain spiders. Many a sleepless night at home...

We also get red romans. I hate them, was on a camping trip going up the orange river and encountered a few of them. They hate light so try and run to shady spots, normally your shadow is a shady spot so they tend to run after you.

I believe there is still a pic of me sitting on a drinks cooler trying to avoid it.

This may be a stupid question but are those Roman things ten legged or are they just spiders. We were on safari and getting stressed about all the bugs in our tent when to top it off this beast came scuttling out if the grass and came straight for us. Shat myself, give me an angry lion or hippo instead any day!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #83 on: May 5, 2011, 09:35:11 pm »
I love Itsy and Bitsy.

blalwhgwalabagwhabbla
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 5, 2011, 09:36:13 pm »
This may be a stupid question but are those Roman things ten legged or are they just spiders. We were on safari and getting stressed about all the bugs in our tent when to top it off this beast came scuttling out if the grass and came straight for us. Shat myself, give me an angry lion or hippo instead any day!

Apparently so http://spider.seds.org/spider/Spider/arachnid.html

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #85 on: May 5, 2011, 10:57:21 pm »
I don't mind them but I'll generally tend to get rid of them as quickly and humanely as possible.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: May 6, 2011, 12:39:13 am »
Terrified of em. And im dead hard aswell. Cant explain it :(
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline lafuriaroja

• Kopite
  • Bazinga!
« Reply #87 on: May 6, 2011, 12:45:55 am »
The only ones I can't stand are the medium size ones who are cranky and hurt when they bite. Like Wolf spiders who are excellent at getting in your sleeping bag while camping.
"I think Jose should have brought a double decker rather than the mini bus."

Offline 1892-WELLZ

• Water-based lubricants, friend or foe? You be the judge....has also dabbled with deep heat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Drew Barrymore showed me her fondue set once...
« Reply #88 on: May 6, 2011, 12:53:38 am »
is it fucking wrong to be covering the screen while scrolling down in this thread?  ;D

bastard bastard bastard spiders.....

cant even stand seeing them on the tv....

if there is one in the flat i freeze, look at it, imagine the thing is going to jump 40ft and facehug me like someone mentioned before earlier in the thread....

still to this day dont understand why im scared of them but they freak me right out.... :no

Twitter - @CptChaos
PSN - Wellz-1892
i know a lad that shagged twins, i asked him how he could tell the difference , he told me the lad had a mussy.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 6, 2011, 01:08:59 am »

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 6, 2011, 01:21:59 am »
fook me J, i shit one then.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #91 on: May 6, 2011, 01:27:02 am »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #92 on: May 6, 2011, 01:36:39 am »
I'm not too bothered by spiders in general and I'll always pop a glass over them and take them outside, but the ones with big asses that look like the pic in the spoiler always make me SUPER WARY.

Spoiler
[close]
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: May 6, 2011, 01:41:36 am »
Tried to face my fear by staring at the huge fuckers so the little ones wouldnt scare me. Didnt work :(
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #94 on: May 6, 2011, 01:47:40 am »
When I was 11 we went to the countryside in summer, I caught a pretty big spider and put it in a jar. I fed it, made it fight with other spiders and so on. After 3 summers like that I've learnt a lot about them and became a big fan of spiders :)

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 6, 2011, 01:53:57 am »
When I was 11 we went to the countryside in summer, I caught a pretty big spider and put it in a jar. I fed it, made it fight with other spiders and so on. After 3 summers like that I've learnt a lot about them and became a big fan of spiders :)
cool story bro
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #96 on: May 6, 2011, 02:13:43 am »
Spiders are grand, much prefer them doing a job by catching flies and wasps etc that piss me off a lot more buzzin around my head constantly.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 6, 2011, 05:23:58 am »
I'm not too bothered by spiders in general and I'll always pop a glass over them and take them outside, but the ones with big asses that look like the pic in the spoiler always make me SUPER WARY.

Spoiler
[close]

Remember when I was younger, playing footy in my nans front garden and saw a spider with a huge backside running across the paving stones, so like any young kid, I stood on the fucker, missed the spider but clipped it's backside and just saw hundreds of little spiders pouring out, scattering everywhere.

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #98 on: May 6, 2011, 08:14:15 am »
don't mind the tiny, innocent ones, but the massive ones get the hammer!

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 6, 2011, 08:32:06 am »
Fucking hate spiders.  Always have the fear of it crawling it somwhere where it shouldn't be crawling.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 6, 2011, 08:42:53 am »
Anyone read 'The Incredible Shrinking Man' by Richard Matheson? I was alright with spiders until I read that. Had a massive one in the kitchen yesterday - I had to scoop it out on a dustpan and brush and lob it outside.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline 1892-WELLZ

• Water-based lubricants, friend or foe? You be the judge....has also dabbled with deep heat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 6, 2011, 09:20:08 am »
Twitter - @CptChaos
PSN - Wellz-1892
i know a lad that shagged twins, i asked him how he could tell the difference , he told me the lad had a mussy.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #102 on: May 6, 2011, 09:24:17 am »
I was in Australia last October. I’d lived there before and eventually got used to the idea of having them around but last year it was like starting from scratch all over again. Within about 20 minutes of being in our apartment this big spider legged it up the wall, it moved like nothing I’ve seen before. We had to call reception to get a maintenance man to take it away! Didn’t really help me sleep though, I used to lie there not daring to look around me and wondering what every slight noise was. It didn't help that I got up in the night to have a piss and there was a massive cockroach on the mirror. I'm not scared of them but it was huge and didn't help my already jumpy state of mind!

Then we went to stay with friends in Brisbane who told us about the occasional massive Huntsmen they got in their garage. They then kindly showed us to our room…that backed onto the garage. Again I could barely sleep…got home from there absolutely wrecked! Everytime I went into a new room, or to the toilet/shower etc I expected to have one of the bastards jump on my face.

I guess you just get used to it when you live there but it would seriously put me off living there!

Offline 1892-WELLZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 6, 2011, 09:33:56 am »
I was in Australia last October. I’d lived there before and eventually got used to the idea of having them around but last year it was like starting from scratch all over again. Within about 20 minutes of being in our apartment this big spider legged it up the wall, it moved like nothing I’ve seen before. We had to call reception to get a maintenance man to take it away! Didn’t really help me sleep though, I used to lie there not daring to look around me and wondering what every slight noise was. It didn't help that I got up in the night to have a piss and there was a massive cockroach on the mirror. I'm not scared of them but it was huge and didn't help my already jumpy state of mind!

Then we went to stay with friends in Brisbane who told us about the occasional massive Huntsmen they got in their garage. They then kindly showed us to our room…that backed onto the garage. Again I could barely sleep…got home from there absolutely wrecked! Everytime I went into a new room, or to the toilet/shower etc I expected to have one of the bastards jump on my face.

I guess you just get used to it when you live there but it would seriously put me off living there!

im the same, was thinking the same when i went to sri lanka a few years back, even though they are known more for the snakes than spiders...

everytime i went to put my shoes/trainers on i would dread picking them up and turning them upside down to see if anything hiding in there....

you just get worn out with the constant thought of it....i could understand hating them if something had happened in the past but no...nothing its like an in built fear that i cant control....
Twitter - @CptChaos
PSN - Wellz-1892

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 6, 2011, 11:27:11 am »
hate the fuckers. They terrify me i turn into a screaming little girl when one approaches. Not so bad with them nowadays having been to australia.I just look at ours over here now and twat them till they die.Huntsman spiders proper scared me in Oz...Then i thought id seen it all until i went to Frazer Island...Fuck me..Easily the size of dinner plates,some larger.Fucking terrifying.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 6, 2011, 11:29:24 am »
I have a real fobia and have severe difficulties getting rid of them, even the tiniest ones. If I can, I'll ask someone else to do it, but if I have to do it myself I crush it to death wherever it is. Fucking hate 'em.

If I've seen a small spider in my room but then lost it, there's noway I'm sleeping in there until I know it's gone for sure.
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #106 on: May 6, 2011, 11:37:03 am »
hate the fuckers. They terrify me i turn into a screaming little girl when one approaches. Not so bad with them nowadays having been to australia.I just look at ours over here now and twat them till they die.Huntsman spiders proper scared me in Oz...Then i thought id seen it all until i went to Frazer Island...Fuck me..Easily the size of dinner plates,some larger.Fucking terrifying.

Missed the ones in Fraser Island thank God? Huntsmen types or something else? The Golden Orb ones were always a bit tricky with their webs at head height for you to walk into.

And no one post the pic of it tucking into a bird. Seen it too often to beshocked by it now!

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #107 on: May 6, 2011, 11:42:17 am »
What's all this about "putting them outside" and removing them "humanely"??

One of those horrible fuckers gets in my room and it gets flattened with the biggest book or shoe I can find. That's fucking it. No chance I'm attempting to pick one up, glass or no glass.

I spent about 6 months in Australia about 18 months ago now and did a few months of fruit picking. Spiders were my biggest fear prior to doing that, especially when I moved to a ginger farm and my job basically consisted of gathering the ginger from recently turned soil. Absolutely riddled with them. The Aussies were pissing themselves at the sight of me screaming and jumping out or my skin every time I spotted one in the vacinity. We did see a couple of red backs (think that's what they're called?) as well, which prompted one of said Aussies to regale a tale to me of how a farm he worked on in the outback a few years before, issued all of its workers with a mobile phone. Not exactly a perk of the job, more to do with the fact that if you got bitten by something deadly out there, there was no chance an ambulance was reaching you in time. That was for your last goodbyes.

Speaking of Huntsmen as well, one morning about 6am, after I'd just arrived on a Strawberry farm I was working on, I was helping load the trays onto the back of the truck to take down to the field. They were basically green plastic trays, maybe 4" deep, stacked on top of each other. Anyway, the top tray was above my eye line. As I grabbed the bottom of the stack, ready to lift them over to the truck - with my face pressed against the top tray - one of the girls (who was stood on a couple of pallets behind me) put out an ear splitting shriek straight from a horror film and grabbed my t-shirt, pulling me backwards. I fucking shit myself, not knowing what the hell was happening.

She was pointing at the top tray when I looked up at her so I turned round to have a look and sat in the top of it, against the side nearest to me, with a leg appearing over the top, was the biggest, ugliest fucking Huntsman you've ever seen. My face was literally pressed against it. Now, if that thing had reacted to me moving those trays and jumped out onto my face I can honestly say I would have just passed out there and then.

And then there's the jumping spiders. One day in the hostel I was hanging the washing out and I saw a relatively small spider on the floor. Feeling brave(ish) after having been on the farm a while now and seeing them almost daily, I decided to prod it with the long stick thing that holds the washing line up. What happened? The fucking thing - in the blink of an eye - jumped onto the stick about half way up and raced towards me, fangs flaring!!!

Needless to say I dropped the stick thing, hurdled the fence behind me and proceeded to sprint round the hostel screaming like a girl. I didn't mess with any of 'em after that.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2011, 11:46:09 am by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 6, 2011, 12:13:58 pm »

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #109 on: May 6, 2011, 12:21:30 pm »

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #110 on: May 6, 2011, 12:23:33 pm »
i usually avoid killing them but a couple of weeks ago when i went camping i laid down some strict 'all spiders in tent must be killed' and 'spider cadavers are to be thrown out' rules. worked a charm. not afraid of being bit, it's not gonna kill you but you'll be left with an itch/rash etc that you can do without
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #111 on: May 6, 2011, 12:29:40 pm »
i usually avoid killing them but a couple of weeks ago when i went camping i laid down some strict 'all spiders in tent must be killed' and 'spider cadavers are to be thrown out' rules. worked a charm. not afraid of being bit, it's not gonna kill you but you'll be left with an itch/rash etc that you can do without

Where was this mate? Spiders don't often bite do they? That said, on my last night on safari I was bitten by something with 2 fangs...my arm swelled up a bit and stayed enflamed for about a week. The rangers didn't know what it was, obviously wasn't anything too venomous as it just caused irritation rather than anything else but I still have a slight scar on my arm with 2 fang marks visible. Well 'ard me!

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 6, 2011, 12:48:26 pm »

One of those horrible fuckers gets in my room and it gets flattened with the biggest book or shoe I can find. That's fucking it. No chance I'm attempting to pick one up, glass or no glass.

I spent about 6 months in Australia about 18 months ago now and did a few months of fruit picking. Spiders were my biggest fear prior to doing that, especially when I moved to a ginger farm and my job basically consisted of gathering the ginger from recently turned soil. Absolutely riddled with them. The Aussies were pissing themselves at the sight of me screaming and jumping out or my skin every time I spotted one in the vacinity. We did see a couple of red backs (think that's what they're called?) as well, which prompted one of said Aussies to regale a tale to me of how a farm he worked on in the outback a few years before, issued all of its workers with a mobile phone. Not exactly a perk of the job, more to do with the fact that if you got bitten by something deadly out there, there was no chance an ambulance was reaching you in time. That was for your last goodbyes.

Speaking of Huntsmen as well, one morning about 6am, after I'd just arrived on a Strawberry farm I was working on, I was helping load the trays onto the back of the truck to take down to the field. They were basically green plastic trays, maybe 4" deep, stacked on top of each other. Anyway, the top tray was above my eye line. As I grabbed the bottom of the stack, ready to lift them over to the truck - with my face pressed against the top tray - one of the girls (who was stood on a couple of pallets behind me) put out an ear splitting shriek straight from a horror film and grabbed my t-shirt, pulling me backwards. I fucking shit myself, not knowing what the hell was happening.

She was pointing at the top tray when I looked up at her so I turned round to have a look and sat in the top of it, against the side nearest to me, with a leg appearing over the top, was the biggest, ugliest fucking Huntsman you've ever seen. My face was literally pressed against it. Now, if that thing had reacted to me moving those trays and jumped out onto my face I can honestly say I would have just passed out there and then.

And then there's the jumping spiders. One day in the hostel I was hanging the washing out and I saw a relatively small spider on the floor. Feeling brave(ish) after having been on the farm a while now and seeing them almost daily, I decided to prod it with the long stick thing that holds the washing line up. What happened? The fucking thing - in the blink of an eye - jumped onto the stick about half way up and raced towards me, fangs flaring!!!

Needless to say I dropped the stick thing, hurdled the fence behind me and proceeded to sprint round the hostel screaming like a girl. I didn't mess with any of 'em after that.
This is why i wont go to oz. Though me mate reakons you never see them in the citys. Does anyone know?
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #113 on: May 6, 2011, 12:57:17 pm »
This is why i wont go to oz. Though me mate reakons you never see them in the citys. Does anyone know?

I'm not sure. I think the Sydney Funnel Web can be found in certain cities, can't remember which ones though. ;)

It really shouldn't put you off going though. I was there a year and in that time I saw one horrible looking spider (and that was in the sticks near Alice Springs), plenty in outdoor places but that didn't bother me. I never saw a single one in my flat in Sydney in 6 months (2nd floor flat, think you get more in their older Victorian era housing with cellars etc). I saw one on the stairs of the flat but tried not to worry about it too much. I think it was a Hunstman but didn’t get too close to see.

In summary – don’t let it put you off. You will see some but not as many as you think. That said, I didn’t spend very long in the bush or properly rural places where there’s probably a far higher concentration. It did play on my mind a lot, especially the first few weeks I was there but you learn to deal with it

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #114 on: May 6, 2011, 01:07:05 pm »

See, I'm wth you all the fuckin way with that post mate :D

I worked in a garden nursery in Florida when I was 15 and I have two words - Banana Spider. These things were as big as your hand if not bigger and the spun webs that you bounced off - I tell you, F1 could use their webs for safety barriers instead of tyre walls! Better still, use a whole bunch (seewhatididthere) of the spiders themselves as crash barriers. Drivers are safe, spiders are dead - everyone wins.

On another day (and perhaps this is the real reason for my fear) I found a cute wickle bwack thpider wunning awound and I thought, "Awwwww aren't you gorgeous!" and picked it up to play with it. It quite happily sat there whilst I looked at it and I was admiring it's lovely red marking on a jet black body........yup.......

I took it to my mum and the garden owner. My mum screamed her head off and the garden owner, a Vietnam veteran, visibly blanched and said, "Put....the.....spider......down......veeeeeerrrrrrrry carefully!"

Not only was it a black widow, it was a female black widow, with an egg sack black widow. Apparently there's a shitload of venom in there that can be milked by the local university and you get paid for it. Did I see a cent? Did I bollocks. See, you take all the risk and get none of the reward. Bastards. :)
« Last Edit: May 6, 2011, 01:08:44 pm by 24/7 »

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #115 on: May 6, 2011, 01:10:56 pm »

I worked in a garden nursery in Florida when I was 15 and I have two words - Banana Spider. These things were as big as your hand if not bigger and the spun webs that you bounced off - I tell you, F1 could use their webs for safety barriers instead of tyre walls! Better still, use a whole bunch (seewhatididthere) of the spiders themselves as crash barriers. Drivers are safe, spiders are dead - everyone wins.

On another day (and perhaps this is the real reason for my fear) I found a cute wickle bwack thpider wunning awound and I thought, "Awwwww aren't you gorgeous!" and picked it up to play with it. It quite happily sat there whilst I looked at it and I was admiring it's lovely red marking on a jet black body........yup.......

I took it to my mum and the garden owner. My mum screamed her head off and the garden owner, a Vietnam veteran, visibly blanched and said, "Put....the.....spider......down......veeeeeerrrrrrrry carefully!"

Not only was it a black widow, it was a female black widow, with an egg sack black widow. Apparently there's a shitload of venom in there that can be milked by the local university and you get paid for it. Did I see a cent? Did I bollocks. See, you take all the risk and get none of the reward. Bastards. :)

I knew what was coming as soon as you said "lovely red marking on a jet black body"  :lmao

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #116 on: May 6, 2011, 01:20:09 pm »
I knew what was coming as soon as you said "lovely red marking on a jet black body"  :lmao
Wish I had bloody well known - shit me right up that did when it was explained what I'd done  :o

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #117 on: May 6, 2011, 01:28:32 pm »

*Le faint

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #118 on: May 6, 2011, 01:47:18 pm »
Where was this mate? Spiders don't often bite do they? That said, on my last night on safari I was bitten by something with 2 fangs...my arm swelled up a bit and stayed enflamed for about a week. The rangers didn't know what it was, obviously wasn't anything too venomous as it just caused irritation rather than anything else but I still have a slight scar on my arm with 2 fang marks visible. Well 'ard me!

yeah it was here in serbieland, i don't think there's any seriously venomous spiders here. i remember running into funnel webs and black widows as a kid (i grew up in sydney), never dared touch them with my hands... as kids we used to have these little spider wars; everyone had their prize fighter and we'd make them fight by putting them on the same stick. in the end the weaker spider would forfeit by web-rappelling down the branch - the victor would sometimes slice the web at the top of the branch, causing the loser to fall to oblivion. i remember i had one spider who was king for two weeks, i carried him home with me in a little pink bathtub. once we were conned into buying funnel web eggs by some kid, i remember they had this cool pearlescent shine - fuck knows what they were. being a kid was great!

after that these balkan spiders are a piece of piss :D  tbf i only made up the rules because saying 'spider cadaver' seemed so hilarious :D

i read somewhere that all spiders are venomous, it's just that only some have fangs long enough to pierce human skin. is that true?
« Last Edit: May 6, 2011, 01:50:42 pm by felix. »
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 6, 2011, 02:20:43 pm »
Only spider I'd ever really sht myself if I saw it would be this fucking thing:

Spoiler
[close]

Camel Spider in Australia eating a gecko!