Author Topic: Spiders....  (Read 147470 times)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Re: Spiders
« Reply #160 on: May 8, 2011, 02:14:02 am »
Got into bed last night and felt a spider run up my body, so ran downstairs and spent the night on the sofa. Go into my room today and find the little bugger! It was really small but delighted to have found it.
You didn't touch it did ya ?

Hope you didn't like............

Cos they spray you with this liquid that tells other spiders you taste nice.they can smell it from miles away

Had a mate who was attacked by a shitload of em in his sleep,never got over it....The poor bastard
It's 00:03 and I was just about to go to bed.

You're an absolute c*nt.
;D

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: May 8, 2011, 02:14:28 am »
Ok I'll give it a try. You might not believe this, but if there's a picture of any spider on the front of the dvd, it's going to be a struggle picking it up never mind taking it home.
You sure it's just a few bits that will make me cringe : )

Yep.

I'll be completely honest, there's a spider in almost every scene, but the directors have gave them little voices/noises to give it a comedic effect ect.

Off the top of my head (and I've watched it quite a few times, I had spiders aswell) there's only 3 bits in the entire thing that made me cringe.

Here's a trailer (or two) that make it looks a lot more serious than the film is:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SWCM4x3coG8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SWCM4x3coG8</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3szu1udfgQM&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3szu1udfgQM&amp;feature=related</a>

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #162 on: May 8, 2011, 02:33:20 am »
Yep.

I'll be completely honest, there's a spider in almost every scene, but the directors have gave them little voices/noises to give it a comedic effect ect.

Off the top of my head (and I've watched it quite a few times, I had spiders aswell) there's only 3 bits in the entire thing that made me cringe.

Here's a trailer (or two) that make it looks a lot more serious than the film is:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SWCM4x3coG8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SWCM4x3coG8</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3szu1udfgQM&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3szu1udfgQM&amp;feature=related</a>

My hand was placed over my face throughout that short trailer. I left a tiny gap between my fingers in an attempt to watch it but I struggled. Oh dear!!!!

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: May 8, 2011, 02:35:10 am »
My hand was placed over my face throughout that short trailer. I left a tiny gap between my fingers in an attempt to watch it but I struggled. Oh dear!!!!

Seriously, just force yourself to watch the trailers, you'll find it a lot easier to deal with the sight of spiders.

Worked for me when I forced myself to watch the film.

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #164 on: May 8, 2011, 02:53:36 am »
Seriously, just force yourself to watch the trailers, you'll find it a lot easier to deal with the sight of spiders.

Worked for me when I forced myself to watch the film.

Will keep trying with the trailers!!

I'll aim to watch it without covering my face.

Good point about it helping with the sight of them. I believe it's possible!!!

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #165 on: May 8, 2011, 02:59:38 am »
If you want to live and thrive
let the spider run alive
If your foot upon it tread
and that poor spider becomes dead
The luck he brings will disappear
This little thing that brings  such fear

« Last Edit: May 8, 2011, 03:02:06 am by flw »
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2011, 11:59:49 pm »
So how do you stop these gang of bastards getting in? Just had my heavily pregnant girlfriend up on a stepladder smashing one in on the ceiling (me hiding behind her with a shoe incase it runs off....)

I'm not proud of myself ;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2011, 01:39:46 pm »
Alright Walshy...I recently stayed at the house of a friend and he had this weird device plugged into the wall. At first I thought it might be some kind of air purification thing or an anti-mozzie thingie.

Turns out it is a device that emits a signal that sends spiders scurrying away.

I want one!

If I can find out what it is, I'll post the info here - unless someone beats me to it in which case they'll save me a job of looking ;)

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2011, 02:11:45 pm »
.....Turns out it is a device that emits a signal that sends spiders scurrying away.

There seem to be mixed reviews as to the actual effectiveness of those ultrasonic gadgets.

I'm personally not too convinced as spiders have no ears as such but instead tiny hairs on their legs, the thrichobotria, that can detect air movement and enable them to locate prey by air pressure variations. I'm really not sure that these are sensitive enough to pick up ultrasonic sound.

http://www.jstor.org/pss/2455352

I do know that one of the best ways to deter or kill spiders is to install a dehumidifier as certainly the ones native to the UK do need moist air to survive. It's one of the reasons they like coming into bathrooms through vents and overflow drains. If a spider becomes too dry, it can't extend its legs which is a bit of a bummer, especially when you're a spider.

Some wonderful stuff here on control of all sorts of beasties...http://www.stephentvedten.com/

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2011, 03:04:46 pm »
I like spiders in my house. I give them names. Currently we have colin in the bathroom, ian in the front room by the chimney and geoff in the hall.

I used to hate spiders but i discovered once i gave them names all that disappeared and now i find them fascinating.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2011, 03:46:51 pm »
Alright Walshy...I recently stayed at the house of a friend and he had this weird device plugged into the wall. At first I thought it might be some kind of air purification thing or an anti-mozzie thingie.

I want one!

If I can find out what it is, I'll post the info here - unless someone beats me to it in which case they'll save me a job of looking ;)
please do :D

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2011, 03:48:15 pm »

I want one!

http://www.primrose.co.uk/budget-spider-repeller-whole-house-p-6478.html?source=googleads&gclid=CN30yJGgn6oCFUFC4Qodvh2i6w was it something like this

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2011, 04:27:16 pm »
I was drifting off to sleep last night and felt something on my arm, turned around and it was a meaty house spider. I couldn't sleep for ages for fear of a spider crawling onto my face and into my nose or some sh*t :|

Offline caspertheghost

• Legacy Fan
  • When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you
« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2011, 10:26:01 pm »
OI!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=276316.msg8759347#msg8759347

VDM - issue bollocking about using the search facility please!
 ;)
What kind of work gets you the nickname Casper the ghost?

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2011, 12:08:25 am »
I woke up from having a short nap on the couch last night, to a massive spider crawling past my face!!

They seem to be getting bigger or is it that my phobia is getting bigger!!

Its legs were about three inches long (no exaggeration) and it took me ages to zap it as it ran across the living room..... I hate spiders!!!!!!

Offline barnseysbarmyarmy

• Kopite
  • You know nothing John Snow (except current affairs
« Reply #175 on: September 11, 2011, 12:11:37 am »
Right,

Its spider season. In my house, at work at my missuses parents, I'm being stalked by big, nasty garden spiders. I also had a dream about spiders as a result. When I switch on the telly, there's shit about spiders on! What is going on, seriously?

As I write this, there's a long legged, black, horrible little fucker creeping up the wall next to the fire place. If I dont return he's eaten me. Spider season is in full effect people- watch out.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #176 on: September 11, 2011, 12:13:12 am »
I woke up from having a short nap on the couch last night, to a massive spider crawling past my face!!

They seem to be getting bigger or is it that my phobia is getting bigger!!

Its legs were about three inches long (no exaggeration) and it took me ages to zap it as it ran across the living room..... I hate spiders!!!!!!
Septemeber is usually when the big fuckers come out.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2011, 12:24:30 am »
And the moral of that story is either don't fall asleep in a barn or do more hoovering up!

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 11, 2011, 12:25:07 am »
Don't tell her that.....

Offline barnseysbarmyarmy

• Kopite
  • You know nothing John Snow (except current affairs
« Reply #179 on: September 11, 2011, 12:26:32 am »
9/11- Spider day.

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #180 on: September 11, 2011, 12:28:21 am »
Don't tell her that.....

:) :) he he. I've been sat on guard all night!!

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #181 on: September 11, 2011, 12:44:00 am »

I'll be extra vigilant now I know it's the month they start to appear.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #182 on: September 11, 2011, 12:44:19 am »
Oh man not spider day :( hopefully my cat will eat them.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: September 11, 2011, 08:43:34 am »
Oh man not spider day :( hopefully my cat will eat them.
There's a reason we have three cats......

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: September 11, 2011, 08:44:08 am »
Thanks for that.........ya bastid.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #185 on: September 11, 2011, 08:48:18 am »
I made the mistake of reading this just before bed last night!

Seen a few big lads in our alley down the side of the house. Only a matter of time until they start invading. Wankers the lot of them!

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #186 on: September 11, 2011, 01:20:37 pm »
I got bit once by a Violin Spider on my ankle, few years ago. Couldn't walk for about 8 months... there's no anti-venom for it. The area around my ankle where I got bit is still affected - causing the skin around it to dry up very quickly.

I still like Spiders though. :-)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 01:23:00 pm by koolkamal »
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline Rafas3leggedtable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: September 11, 2011, 01:25:23 pm »
right this is gonna sound just plain crazy but i dont care. here goes - there is a spider that is stalking me, its big and freckly and hairy and just god damn it, scary. Hate him, or her, think it may be a her. Its on the window when im watching telly, its on the window in my bedroom when i go to bed, its on my car windscreen when i go out, god damn it even one day this week when it wasnt on my car I got to Sainsburys and its in there buying a ham. Just fuck off will you spider.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 01:27:54 pm by Rafas3leggedtable »
The people of Liverpool are workers. This is not a rich town where everyone lives a comfortable life. They work hard for themselves, and this is what we at Liverpool like to do. This is the attitude we must all have.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: September 11, 2011, 02:49:06 pm »
I hate anything that creeps, crawls, buzzes, flutters or scuttles.  :-\
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 11, 2011, 02:59:32 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline The China Fox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #190 on: September 11, 2011, 03:02:30 pm »
I made the mistake of reading this just before bed last night!

Seen a few big lads in our alley down the side of the house. Only a matter of time until they start invading. Wankers the lot of them!

Haha. Hang around in gangs they do, up to no good on the streets
This threads gone downhill fast.
It promised so much but failed dismally.

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: September 11, 2011, 03:17:11 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

I'll stop now
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline Dan_YNWA

• Anny Roader
  • RAWK's resident Muslim
« Reply #192 on: September 11, 2011, 04:51:21 pm »
Why do so many people hate them / get so scared when they see one.

Most of them you find in the house are tiny and harmless.

I can't be the only one who just leaves them to it, or just picked them up and puts them outside.

I do the same, because they don't bother me, infact they eat them pesky things called flies, so I leave spiders alone.
The King is back!

YNWA

Offline lainey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: September 11, 2011, 05:08:11 pm »
I have 2 kittens now the grey one jumps on spiders and the black one gets the daddy-longlegs

I'm so proud

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #194 on: September 11, 2011, 05:12:46 pm »
Really don't get the hatred/fear of spiders. Ya, they aren't the easiest on the eye but they're mainly harmless(in this part of the world) and mind their own business, which is catching flies, wasps and other such useless annoying flying insects. We'd be over-run by those fuckers in the summer if it wasn't for spiders.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #195 on: September 11, 2011, 05:16:12 pm »
Really don't get the hatred/fear of spiders.

The look of them doesn't bother me. It's the speed. The terrifying speed... *cowers in the corner*
If house Spiders were very slow, they wouldn't bother me. But those legs going ten to the dozen? Eep.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2011, 05:37:44 pm »
Haha. Hang around in gangs they do, up to no good on the streets

Don't laugh, a couple of them had hoodies on and one had a freshly looted plasma in his web.

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2011, 06:07:43 pm »
fucking hell, am i the only one who gets them into a jug and puts them gently outside?  fantastic creatures, absolutely love them  :)

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2011, 01:23:09 am »
I would if I could. If I see a spider in a room near me I will calmly walk ouside and set the room on fire.
I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2011, 05:13:59 am »
fucking hell, am i the only one who gets them into a jug and puts them gently outside?  fantastic creatures, absolutely love them  :)
I am fascinated by them.