Poll

What do we think of the revelations

Oooooerr! Missus Phoop! Parp!! Whoop!
Gnurglian
Whistle my tassles
Guilt M'lord, fetch the lancets
What a kerfuffle

Author Topic: Harry and Megan Appreciation Thread!  (Read 37286 times)

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Harry and Megan Appreciation Thread!
« Reply #80 on: March 4, 2021, 04:40:56 pm »
She could have easily ended up with a hollywood movie star who is making more bank than Harry, no?

I dont think they would earn as much as him. He will have a huge inheritance and all the media deals they are getting are on the back of him being a royal family member. They still continue to trade off their royal titles.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2021, 04:43:57 pm by a treeless whopper »

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #81 on: March 4, 2021, 04:41:28 pm »
I'm no lover of the monarchy but don't understand all the hate directed towards Harry & Meghan. Always felt for Harry after the death of Princess Di and can understand why he wants to distance himself.

Youíve answered your own question there to a degree. They want distance and privacy but at the same time seem happy to arrange well publicised interviews with Corden and Oprah, which seems at least slightly hypocritical. If you think about it, there was a lot of coverage a couple of weeks ago when it was announced that they would definitely not be carrying out royal duties anymore, and it could have been left there - let sleeping dogs lie and all that. Instead they seem intent on giving the dog a good kicking and throwing a few cats at it with an interview that will just generate more publicity, with neither side coming out well and will have the press all over them again which they well know.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: March 4, 2021, 04:44:25 pm »
She could have easily ended up with a hollywood movie star who is making more bank than Harry, no?

She was doing well from Suits Iím sure, but thereís very few actresses who become a Julia Roberts type A lister.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: March 4, 2021, 04:46:14 pm »
Youíve answered your own question there to a degree. They want distance and privacy but at the same time seem happy to arrange well publicised interviews with Corden and Oprah, which seems at least slightly hypocritical. If you think about it, there was a lot of coverage a couple of weeks ago when it was announced that they would definitely not be carrying out royal duties anymore, and it could have been left there - let sleeping dogs lie and all that. Instead they seem intent on giving the dog a good kicking and throwing a few cats at it with an interview that will just generate more publicity, with neither side coming out well and will have the press all over them again which they well know.

How bad are the American press compared to the British and Europeans? If they think they will get treated with respect and given the space, then they probably think this is OK - if they had stayed in the UK, its just constant being hassled, his Ma couldn't do a thing without a throng of cameras behind her. He probably doesn't give a shit if the red tops and the Heil blow up, so long as the reporters aren't hounding them.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: March 4, 2021, 04:51:06 pm »
It's promotion, same as going on that twat Corden's show.  The frustration with H&M is they seemingly wanted to back out of public life and are sick of the exposure - then do everything possible to raise their profile and promote their brand now they're in the rich and connected end of L.A.  Briefing that they felt the palace was against them rather than having these conversations behind closed doors is just having the punters (us) lap it up

Find it strange that anyone is remotely interested given the extent of Ďrealí news going on.   But I guess some will be interested.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: March 4, 2021, 05:02:48 pm »
How bad are the American press compared to the British and Europeans? If they think they will get treated with respect and given the space, then they probably think this is OK - if they had stayed in the UK, its just constant being hassled, his Ma couldn't do a thing without a throng of cameras behind her. He probably doesn't give a shit if the red tops and the Heil blow up, so long as the reporters aren't hounding them.

I donít think thereís a huge difference in the press, probably worse here but donít forget Diana was followed by the British press everywhere she went, UK or abroad, and she died in a country where the press are supposed to be a lot less intrusive then they are here so I donít think it makes a huge difference where they live, if they create publicity the press will be there.

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: March 4, 2021, 05:05:16 pm »
I donít think thereís a huge difference in the press, probably worse here but donít forget Diana was followed by the British press everywhere she went, UK or abroad, and she died in a country where the press are supposed to be a lot less intrusive then they are here so I donít think it makes a huge difference where they live, if they create publicity the press will be there.

I imagine the press would be kinder to them there, as will be the celebrity circles. They still are trading off the Duke and Duchess of Sussex tag and that would carry more clout there.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: March 4, 2021, 05:16:59 pm »
I imagine the press would be kinder to them there, as will be the celebrity circles. They still are trading off the Duke and Duchess of Sussex tag and that would carry more clout there.

My point was more that it doesnít matter, the US press might be easier to deal with, but the scumbags from here can and will just fly out there if thereís a reason to.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: March 4, 2021, 05:32:32 pm »
My point was more that it doesnít matter, the US press might be easier to deal with, but the scumbags from here can and will just fly out there if thereís a reason to.

Harry could probably pull a few strings, have a quick word in the US and get border security to refuse entry to any UK journo who flies in. The yanks love the royals from what I've seen.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #89 on: March 4, 2021, 05:35:51 pm »
How bad are the American press compared to the British and Europeans?

Ironically, the U.S. media is absolutely besotted/fascinated with the Royal Family. Most majpr networks have a royal correspondent. Meghan and Harry get glowing treatment. Whether that's due to their celebrity status, or because she's American, or both, I'm unsure

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: March 4, 2021, 06:17:21 pm »
Ironically, the U.S. media is absolutely besotted/fascinated with the Royal Family. Most majpr networks have a royal correspondent. Meghan and Harry get glowing treatment. Whether that's due to their celebrity status, or because she's American, or both, I'm unsure

I thought that might be the case, I'm sure I've been told the Americans adore the Royal Family and Meghan marrying a Prince would be perfect for them.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Legacy Fan
  • ďThe Ribbons are RedĒ
« Reply #91 on: March 4, 2021, 06:27:46 pm »
Meghan is fit. Surely she could have done better than Harry?

As said earlier
ďWhat was it that first attracted you to the millionaire prince...?Ē
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: March 4, 2021, 06:46:31 pm »

I seem to remember around the time Diana died that there was talk of her moving to the US.  America was absolutely obsessed with her, and they were practically begging her to come live in the US.  I don't know if she ever intended to though.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #93 on: March 4, 2021, 06:57:49 pm »
There are some cranks online sharing some weird stuff about the media having information on MM - which Brenda has asked them to hold onto til a time of convenience.

This country deserves everything. It also deserves being embarrassed.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #94 on: March 4, 2021, 08:14:52 pm »
I thought that might be the case, I'm sure I've been told the Americans adore the Royal Family and Meghan marrying a Prince would be perfect for them.

It is

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: March 5, 2021, 06:24:10 pm »
Some related good news, the judge who was dealing with Meganís case against the Fail has ordered a front page apology, and another on page 3 and for a week on the website.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #96 on: March 5, 2021, 07:29:50 pm »
Some related good news, the judge who was dealing with Meganís case against the Fail has ordered a front page apology, and another on page 3 and for a week on the website.

Awaits thinly veiled passive aggressive ambiguously worded pseudo-apology
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: March 5, 2021, 08:17:50 pm »

Wonder if that story will feature on Morganís GMB Monday when he usually has the Tory (Andrew Pierce I think) from the Mail on.  Bet it doesnít.

Online Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: March 5, 2021, 08:58:16 pm »
She was doing well from Suits Iím sure, but thereís very few actresses who become a Julia Roberts type A lister.

She was the 6th most prominent character in a show about two guys to be fair. She wasnít going to be hitting the bank balance of Scarlett Johansson any time soon.

This whole thing is a great example of a story where everyone involved is probably a c*nt.

Online Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: March 5, 2021, 09:40:29 pm »
Made me chuckle.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #100 on: March 5, 2021, 11:41:17 pm »
She only needs to say the family didn't want to be around an alleged nonce and then it's over.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Online Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: March 5, 2021, 11:52:10 pm »
She only needs to say the family didn't want to be around an alleged nonce and then it's over.

To be fair - if her and Harry come out and say Uncle Andrew's a nonce then give them the fucking throne.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: March 6, 2021, 09:44:20 am »
The whole Ďthey want privacy but are going on Oprahí thing misses the point.  They want to shape the narrative rather than have no control over it, and fair fucks to them.

The Royals donít keep me up at night, but some of treatment this girl has received is suspect to say the least.  Anybody that gets the press this worked up and makes that prick Morgan froth at the mouth are okay in my book.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Scousers Rule
« Reply #103 on: March 6, 2021, 09:54:57 am »
If itís half as good as Prince Andrewís car crash comedy/horror interview with Emily Maitlis it will be great viewing.
Comedian, chameleon, corinthian and caricature.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #104 on: March 6, 2021, 10:38:26 am »
Find it strange that anyone is remotely interested given the extent of Ďrealí news going on.   But I guess some will be interested.

You're not wrong. Never cared one iota for the glamour of the royals - went round my mum's house a few years back and she had 24 hour news covering a hospital because Kate was about to deliver - I had no idea she was even pregnant. People allow themselves to get wrapped in it as a peculiarly British form of celebrity worship (which is its own issue in terms of media distraction techniques).

But then you could say much the same about sport.
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland worrying times for Liverpool Football Club. Shame really.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: March 6, 2021, 10:42:36 am »
If itís half as good as Prince Andrewís car crash comedy/horror interview with Emily Maitlis it will be great viewing.

But Harry and Megan arnt being interviewed by Maitlis or anyone who asks difficult and probing questions, itís their mate Oprah Winfrey.

Online Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: March 6, 2021, 10:44:58 am »
You're not wrong. Never cared one iota for the glamour of the royals - went round my mum's house a few years back and she had 24 hour news covering a hospital because Kate was about to deliver - I had no idea she was even pregnant. People allow themselves to get wrapped in it as a peculiarly British form of celebrity worship (which is its own issue in terms of media distraction techniques).

But then you could say much the same about sport.

When you think about it, Royals are the original celebrities.

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: March 6, 2021, 10:52:47 am »
But Harry and Megan arnt being interviewed by Maitlis or anyone who asks difficult and probing questions, itís their mate Oprah Winfrey.

Yeah their mate, who they met for the first time at their wedding.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: March 6, 2021, 11:14:37 am »
Yeah their mate, who they met for the first time at their wedding.

I knew she was at the wedding, I assumed that was because they were mates. So they invited a complete stranger to their wedding?

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: March 6, 2021, 11:35:54 am »

Mass murderers/ Serial killers more like ;)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: March 6, 2021, 12:27:11 pm »
I knew she was at the wedding, I assumed that was because they were mates. So they invited a complete stranger to their wedding?

Apparently. But it is Oprah so I dont blame Harry and Meghan and its always been about building their profile and bank balance so it makes a tonne of sense.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2021, 12:29:29 pm by a treeless whopper »

Online Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: March 6, 2021, 12:28:56 pm »
Mass murderers/ Serial killers more like ;)

Semantics. ;)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: March 6, 2021, 12:30:15 pm »

Yup, it's TOWIE for the middle class these days.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: March 6, 2021, 12:40:57 pm »
Apparently. But it is Oprah so I dont blame Harry and Meghan and its always been about building their profile and bank balance so it makes a tonne of sense.

Shit! I should have invited her to my wedding.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimist
« Reply #114 on: March 6, 2021, 01:29:53 pm »

Enjoyed that 18th century French reality show, "I'm a Celebrity, Get My Head Out of Here".
Oh it comes to Divock Origi... he's won the European Cup for Liverpool! The man who cut down Barcelona has taken Tottenham down in Madrid! And it's dreamland worrying times for Liverpool Football Club. Shame really.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #115 on: March 6, 2021, 01:40:34 pm »
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/i-wish-meghan-harry-would-23613128.amp

Itís alright lads. Val Savage (Robbies Mum) has weighed in with her opinion.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #116 on: March 6, 2021, 02:16:33 pm »
Yup, it's TOWIE for the middle class these days.

Whatís Made in Chelsea then? Itís all so confusing.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: March 6, 2021, 02:17:51 pm »
Whatís Made in Chelsea then? Itís all so confusing.

Yeah I'd had said that was more like the Royals, huge expensive properties and spending someone elses millions.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: March 7, 2021, 12:36:50 am »
So now the Royal Family are doing a broadcast an hour or so before the Megan interview praising the worlds health care workers. That to me (as a caveat I am cynical as they come) just seems like they are just using the cause to show how gracious and lovely they are in showering praise on them and showing the world they are nice people before Megan gets her say.

I honestly donít give a fuck about any of them but stunts like this seem desperate.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/06/royals-to-show-united-front-before-harry-and-meghans-oprah-interview

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: March 7, 2021, 07:09:59 am »
So now the Royal Family are doing a broadcast an hour or so before the Megan interview praising the worlds health care workers. That to me (as a caveat I am cynical as they come) just seems like they are just using the cause to show how gracious and lovely they are in showering praise on them and showing the world they are nice people before Megan gets her say.

I honestly donít give a fuck about any of them but stunts like this seem desperate.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/06/royals-to-show-united-front-before-harry-and-meghans-oprah-interview

I thought timing is insensitive to hold such media events what with Prince Philip being ill or something?  Well so the likes of Nicholas Witchell et al said last week.