Poll

What do we think of the revelations

Oooooerr! Missus Phoop! Parp!! Whoop!
Gnurglian
Whistle my tassles
Guilt M'lord, fetch the lancets
What a kerfuffle

Author Topic: Harry and Megan Appreciation Thread!  (Read 43803 times)

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Harry and Megan Appreciation Thread!
« Reply #40 on: March 1, 2021, 02:52:35 pm »
Royals normally join the Military and at least he didn't shirk his responsibility and actually did 2 tours in Afghan until a certain rag blew the secrecy. He's heavily involved in the Invictus games. William also flew air sea rescue from RAF Valley and flew the East Anglian Air Ambulance for 2 years.

I'm no fan of the Monarchy at all, but at least this fella and his brother do things that benefit others, rather than just sit and do fuck all like the rest of them.

Not sure how much him rocking up to Afghanistan at the business end of an Apache's mounted guns was a benefit to anyone to be honest.

Hope it scratched his itch for a rollicking good adventure though.

Offline Jolly Elf?

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 1, 2021, 02:57:36 pm »
Always thought him doing tours in Afghanistan was only ever going to paint a target on him and his squadron's (or whatever the military term is) backs. The truky selfless thing to do would be to stay at home. It was always going to get out eventually.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: March 1, 2021, 03:17:36 pm »
Always thought him doing tours in Afghanistan was only ever going to paint a target on him and his squadron's (or whatever the military term is) backs. The truky selfless thing to do would be to stay at home. It was always going to get out eventually.

You'd have to ask the soldiers who served out there while he was there if they felt they were any more in danger than when he wasn't. My attitude is that if you join the military, then you go wherever they tell you to go or you leave. I've got family who served out there with the Marines, they didn't have the option to stay home, they just went and did their jobs as best they could.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: March 1, 2021, 03:39:21 pm »
Not sure how much him rocking up to Afghanistan at the business end of an Apache's mounted guns was a benefit to anyone to be honest.

Hope it scratched his itch for a rollicking good adventure though.

Apart from the Afghans who no longer had to live under the Taliban, or do they not count?

Online Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 1, 2021, 03:49:07 pm »
You'd have to ask the soldiers who served out there while he was there if they felt they were any more in danger than when he wasn't. My attitude is that if you join the military, then you go wherever they tell you to go or you leave. I've got family who served out there with the Marines, they didn't have the option to stay home, they just went and did their jobs as best they could.

I've only got my memory to go on, but as I've said previously, those who served with him seemed grateful to have him. 

Of course it doesn't make him a decent fella - we know the military has some right ones in it - but if he could be counted on when required then he's proven himself on the field.

I remember how at the Falklands Prince Andrew was firmly kept out of the firing line.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 1, 2021, 03:58:04 pm »
They’ve played the game allright. Once William had his kids, Harry joined the rest of the leechers in the “minor royal and will never be king in any circumstances” crew. Married the 6th best actor from Suits and then “leaves” the family. (But is still funded via the money his dad steals from the Duchy of Cornwall. Just as bad as the rest of them.
Plus the multi-multi-million pound trust fund his mother left him. They could live a quiet life of luxury, avoiding all publicity, if they so wished. I suppose Starmer trying to prove he's patriotic means we won't get a referendum on funding the Saxe-Coburg-Gothas any time soon.

Online Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 1, 2021, 04:04:58 pm »
Plus the multi-multi-million pound trust fund his mother left him. They could live a quiet life of luxury, avoiding all publicity, if they so wished. I suppose Starmer trying to prove he's patriotic means we won't get a referendum on funding the Saxe-Coburg-Gothas any time soon.

The Queen Mum set plenty aside for him too. She knew how to dodge the taxman.

I doubt what you describe is physically possible though.  Remember Diana retired from public life but still got hounded whenever she stepped out in public.  Plenty of times you had the paparazzi with long range lenses snapping pictures from hundreds of meters away.  Unless you fancy becoming an actual recluse, avoiding ALL publicity is essentially impossible.

*this does not mean I disagree with the overall sentiments of the discussion.  I'm just pointing out the practicals.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jolly Elf?

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 1, 2021, 05:30:14 pm »
I've only got my memory to go on, but as I've said previously, those who served with him seemed grateful to have him.

Were they ever going to say otherwise? Not saying they weren't, but can you imagine if you were a soldier and being asked by the press about him, knowing your commanding officer is probably watching/listening/reading?

Online Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: March 1, 2021, 05:33:54 pm »
Were they ever going to say otherwise? Not saying they weren't, but can you imagine if you were a soldier and being asked by the press about him, knowing your commanding officer is probably watching/listening/reading?

I've no idea.  It's pure speculation.  All I can say is that stuff leaks, even in the army. If he wasn't capable at his job, soldiers would have died.  I'm not saying he was any better or any worse than any other soldier from a non-privileged background; I just get the feeling if people had died as a result of him being incompetent we'd have heard something.

Popcorn's Art

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 1, 2021, 05:44:48 pm »
The Queen Mum set plenty aside for him too. She knew how to dodge the taxman.

I doubt what you describe is physically possible though.  Remember Diana retired from public life but still got hounded whenever she stepped out in public.  Plenty of times you had the paparazzi with long range lenses snapping pictures from hundreds of meters away.  Unless you fancy becoming an actual recluse, avoiding ALL publicity is essentially impossible.

*this does not mean I disagree with the overall sentiments of the discussion.  I'm just pointing out the practicals.
I think if you have multi-millions, private protection, and live in a millionaires' enclave in Santa Barbara in a time of Covid, it's relatively easy not to be papped, at least. I get your point but I find it extraordinary that he complains about intrusion while appearing on James Corden, you know? My reaction to the thread title is basically: just get rid of the lot of them and their inherent reinforcement of a deeply unequal society - or at least give us a referendum when the Queen shuffles off her mortal coil.

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #50 on: March 1, 2021, 07:22:13 pm »

Of course it doesn't make him a decent fella - we know the military has some right ones in it - but if he could be counted on when required then he's proven himself on the field.

I remember how at the Falklands Prince Andrew was firmly kept out of the firing line.

I think your memory is fallible. Andrew served as a helicopter pilot and part of his flight duties were to act as a decoy to draw Argentinian aircraft and Exocets away from the Task Force.

As a by product he suffered trauma to his sweat glands.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Monty, you terrible c*nt!
« Reply #51 on: March 1, 2021, 07:27:49 pm »

;D

Online Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: March 1, 2021, 07:30:37 pm »
I think your memory is fallible. Andrew served as a helicopter pilot and part of his flight duties were to act as a decoy to draw Argentinian aircraft and Exocets away from the Task Force.

;D

Well you maybe right.  I just seem to recall them insisting he was on search and rescue rather than being on the front, but that doesn't mean it wasn't risky work.

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: March 1, 2021, 09:29:16 pm »
;D

Well you maybe right.  I just seem to recall them insisting he was on search and rescue rather than being on the front, but that doesn't mean it wasn't risky work.

I remember years ago they said he was flying as a decoy, William did search and rescue out of Valley on Anglesey

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54 on: March 4, 2021, 07:21:30 am »
Royal wagons being circled with a ‘bullying’ investigation re Megan.  I’m sure timing is mere irony.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: March 4, 2021, 07:27:36 am »
Smear campaign against Megan.

I hope she goes to town on the pricks.

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 4, 2021, 07:54:22 am »
Royal wagons being circled with a ‘bullying’ investigation re Megan.  I’m sure timing is mere irony.

It could be true? These stories were present ages ago.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: March 4, 2021, 07:56:18 am »
It could be true? These stories were present ages ago.

Don’t know.  Strange they date back to 2018 and surface on the eve of the Oprah interview.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 4, 2021, 08:11:09 am »
Maybe they surface because the small guys don't appreciate hypocrisy? The matter should be investigated - there's no other institution where complaints to HR would go ignored and the matter not end up in a tribunal.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2021, 08:13:19 am by No666 »

Online Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 4, 2021, 08:22:23 am »
Maybe they surface because the small guys don't appreciate hypocrisy? The matter should be investigated - there's no other institution where complaints to HR would go ignored and the matter not end up in a tribunal.

Releasing it now after sitting on it for almost three years? Plenty of hypocrisy on both sides, but that's hardly surprising.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: March 4, 2021, 08:29:11 am »

Technically, Megan was part of the royal family when this was supposed to have happened. If that's the case 'The Firm' could be liable as they could be deemed the employer.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 4, 2021, 08:36:57 am »
Don’t know.  Strange they date back to 2018 and surface on the eve of the Oprah interview.

Its absolutely a pre-emptive character strike. Hopefully that means its because they know about what she said in that interview and she properly nails the Royals, which will make it brilliantly entertaining for us.

But its just a reminder that there are no good guys here.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 4, 2021, 09:06:32 am »
Its absolutely a pre-emptive character strike. Hopefully that means its because they know about what she said in that interview and she properly nails the Royals, which will make it brilliantly entertaining for us.

Generally I take zip interest in anything re the ‘royals’, but caught a couple of those zoom meetings on GMB this week where Morgan appears to be on a one-man crusade against Megan.

Found it strange that in the midst of a pandemic and with Brexit/budget in the news, he chooses this subject to focus on.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: March 4, 2021, 09:29:34 am »
To the tumbrils with the lot of them!
I still live in hope of seeing a republic in my lifetime. Diminishing but hope remains.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #64 on: March 4, 2021, 09:33:36 am »

It’s seems preemptive, especially if the accusations again Megan are a few years old but at the same time let’s not forget Harry and Megan have been interviewed by Oprah, this isn’t exactly Paxman or O’Neill, so I am not expecting this to be grilling or discussion of Harry or Megan’s own mistakes or shortcomings.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: March 4, 2021, 10:01:02 am »
Generally I take zip interest in anything re the ‘royals’, but caught a couple of those zoom meetings on GMB this week where Morgan appears to be on a one-man crusade against Megan.

Found it strange that in the midst of a pandemic and with Brexit/budget in the news, he chooses this subject to focus on.

He's an utter c*nt. Voted Remain, but then voted for the Tories to see through Brexit as a support for democracy, even though Brexit is about the most undemocratic thing ever done in the UK.

Online Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: March 4, 2021, 10:15:56 am »

And in the midst of voter suppression, vaccine rollout, covid relief, and Texas leaders being a gang of death cult lunatics,  Fox is complaining about Dr Seuss and Mister Potatoehead being "cancelled". ;)

Once you understand the agenda, there's nothing strange about it at all, really.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #67 on: March 4, 2021, 11:27:48 am »
What a weird little country we live in.

Not into the Royals but why can’t they leave them go get on with it?

Timing of this is bullshit too
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: March 4, 2021, 11:36:47 am »
What a weird little country we live in.

Not into the Royals but why can’t they leave them go get on with it?

Timing of this is bullshit too

Who is the one doing the interview?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #69 on: March 4, 2021, 11:52:54 am »
Who is the one doing the interview?

Fair point.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #70 on: March 4, 2021, 12:15:09 pm »
He's an utter c*nt.

Fixed.

I find it amazing - but not surprising that that bastard still has the oxygen of publicity after all he did.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #71 on: March 4, 2021, 02:26:35 pm »
If you read a little about the Piers/Meghan story you quickly see why Morgan doesn't like her. Long story short, she was briefly friendly with him for a while, they had drinks at his local and then once she met Harry she just ghosted him and didn't ever correspond with him after that.

Piers probably thought he could fuck her, and his bruised ego hasn't healed all these years later. The man is a fucking gobshite.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: March 4, 2021, 02:50:02 pm »
It’s seems preemptive, especially if the accusations again Megan are a few years old but at the same time let’s not forget Harry and Megan have been interviewed by Oprah, this isn’t exactly Paxman or O’Neill, so I am not expecting this to be grilling or discussion of Harry or Megan’s own mistakes or shortcomings.

It's promotion, same as going on that twat Corden's show.  The frustration with H&M is they seemingly wanted to back out of public life and are sick of the exposure - then do everything possible to raise their profile and promote their brand now they're in the rich and connected end of L.A.  Briefing that they felt the palace was against them rather than having these conversations behind closed doors is just having the punters (us) lap it up as if their life is now a real life soap opera - something which only benefits them with recognition and increased marketability.  The new Kardashians.  Guaranteed book coming out within a couple of years, they've already got the podcast millions coming in.

As far as I'm concerned both sides have been capable of some massive bs, the Andrew fiasco, and the 'lets go to a quiet part of Canada to get away from the media' which has proven itself to be obvious fiction.

Online Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you want to build a snowman?
« Reply #73 on: March 4, 2021, 02:57:10 pm »
Royals normally join the Military and at least he didn't shirk his responsibility and actually did 2 tours in Afghan until a certain rag blew the secrecy. He's heavily involved in the Invictus games. William also flew air sea rescue from RAF Valley and flew the East Anglian Air Ambulance for 2 years.

I'm no fan of the Monarchy at all, but at least this fella and his brother do things that benefit others, rather than just sit and do fuck all like the rest of them.

I always thought that with a mother who was a peace campaigner (with landmines being her adopted vehicle for this), both lads joining the military was a bit of a kick in the teeth to her memory.

At least William did his service as a search and rescue pilot here.
Never mind life expectancy, never mind cancer outcomes - look at wage growth” Bozo Johnson

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 4, 2021, 04:21:53 pm »
What is with the royals all having different surnames?

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 4, 2021, 04:26:27 pm »
Meghan is fit. Surely she could have done better than Harry?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #76 on: March 4, 2021, 04:27:28 pm »
I'm no lover of the monarchy but don't understand all the hate directed towards Harry & Meghan. Always felt for Harry after the death of Princess Di and can understand why he wants to distance himself.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #77 on: March 4, 2021, 04:29:42 pm »

I always thought that with a mother who was a peace campaigner (with landmines being her adopted vehicle for this), both lads joining the military was a bit of a kick in the teeth to her memory.

At least William did his service as a search and rescue pilot here.

William because he is the oldest will always be wrapped up in cotton wool to a degree, where as Harry as the younger one is probably a bit more expendable.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: March 4, 2021, 04:32:42 pm »
Meghan is fit. Surely she could have done better than Harry?

Financially? Nah.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: March 4, 2021, 04:37:19 pm »
Financially? Nah.

She could have easily ended up with a hollywood movie star who is making more bank than Harry, no?